New England Patriots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Quote :
Patriots released RB Joseph Addai.

The Pats wound up sinking $125,000 into Addai in the form of a signing bonus and offseason workout bonus. Addai was never going to help the Patriots as a ball carrier, but the 29-year-old can still pick up the blitz and always seemed likely to at least last into August. He didn't, which can be taking as a sign that Addai's career is on life support. New England will move forward with Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, and Danny Woodhead atop the depth chart.

The end may be near for Addai if he can't even find a place on the Patriots backfield. At least he picked up $125 grand

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Not totally surprising.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Ryan Mallett has made major strides in his second NFL training camp.

Analysis: Citing "the people who've watched him in practices," Schefter stated that Mallett has looked like the kind of quarterback he was hailed to be while seemingly overcoming past off-field issues. "This summer, (Mallett) has looked like the type of top quarterback prospect that many people thought he was coming out of Arkansas," Schefter said. "He's picked up the system, he's looked very good." Expect Mallett to get a ton of snaps in preseason games

Heir to Tom Brady, Trade Bait or Bust?

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Ryan Mallett has made major strides in his second NFL training camp.

Analysis: Citing "the people who've watched him in practices," Schefter stated that Mallett has looked like the kind of quarterback he was hailed to be while seemingly overcoming past off-field issues. "This summer, (Mallett) has looked like the type of top quarterback prospect that many people thought he was coming out of Arkansas," Schefter said. "He's picked up the system, he's looked very good." Expect Mallett to get a ton of snaps in preseason games

Trade Bait.

I bet Bellichek is leaking shit left and right, hoping to get him some garbage time and then trade for a kings ransom, then reload. Worked with Cassel.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Quote :

Trade Bait.

I bet Bellichek is leaking shit left and right, hoping to get him some garbage time and then trade for a kings ransom, then reload. Worked with Cassel.

But Mallett was arguably one of the best QBs to come out of that class....the only reason he wasnt drafted higher by another team is because of his aforementioned off field issues. Little stuff like that doesnt affect any other position as much as it does QB. I think Ryan Mallet will be a solid QB when he is given the chance. Its not fair to compare him to Cassel just because he sits behind Tom Brady....

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:
Quote :

Trade Bait.

But Mallett was arguably one of the best QBs to come out of that class....the only reason he wasnt drafted higher by another team is because of his aforementioned off field issues. Little stuff like that doesnt affect any other position as much as it does QB. I think Ryan Mallet will be a solid QB when he is given the chance. Its not fair to compare him to Cassel just because he sits behind Tom Brady....

That really has nothing to do with whether or not he is going to be used as trade bait. I have no clue how good he is going to be in the NFL, but I think the Pats will use him the same way that they used Cassel. Whether the results are the same or not is anybody's guess.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Quote :

Trade Bait.

I don't really think this is true. Cassel's value didn't come from Belichick "leaking shit," it came from how he played for the entirety of an 11-5 season. And they got a 2nd round pick for him - not sure I'd call that a king's ransom.

Mallet will be valuable trade bait in a year or two, but that was always going to be the case - everyone in the league knew he had the raw ability to be a great quarterback. He fell because of his personality and lack of mobility. If he makes it as a good citizen for a few years in the Patriots system, a lot of those question marks are going to fade away. But overall, it will be Mallet's raw ability that creates his trade value IMO.

And I'm not sure I know the answer to the question of what he is. I think Hoyer will be gone next year, one way or another. Mallet will hang around for at least 2013 IMO.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Mallett was a third round pick. So a 2nd rounder in 2013 would be just about break even for the Pats. And I can't see anyone trading a 1st rounder when he hasn't played any regular season games.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Mallett was a third round pick. So a 2nd rounder in 2013 would be just about break even for the Pats. And I can't see anyone trading a 1st rounder when he hasn't played any regular season games.

A 3rd round pick with a lot of 1st round ability. It's a little early to speculate on what they would get. He could still just bust out. But there's also a lot of possibilities between a 2nd and a 1st that they could get (two 2nds, 2nd/3rd, etc.).

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:55 am

With the QBs coming out next year the Pats might need to hold off until 14 to get any value out of him. Who knows right now.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Fucking Patriots. The one pre-season game they have on MNF that I can watch (I don't work Tuesdays) and they're benching most of the good players.

QB Tom Brady
RB Jeff Demps
FB Spencer Larsen
WR Wes Welker
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Jabar Gaffney
TE Aaron Hernandez
TE Daniel Fells
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
TE Jake Ballard
G Logan Mankins
G Brian Waters
T Sebastian Vollmer
T Matt Kopa
T Markus Zusevics

DT Vince Wilfork
DT Jonathan Fanene
DT Gerard Warren
DT Myron Pryor
DE Rob Ninkovich
LB Jerod Mayo
LB Tracy White
CB Devin McCourty
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Alfonzo Dennard
S Tavon Wilson
S James Ihedigbo

At least we get to see Vereen/Ridley. I don't think Gronk is playing despite him not being on this list.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 pm

They don't need any of those guys to beat the Eagles.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Vereen looks good.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Vereen looks good.
I have Ridley on my team in my other dynasty league, so...of course he looks good! doh

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Patriots are too cool for the preseason Laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 am

The Patriots cuts surprised me a little. Didn't see the Hoyer cut coming. Leaves Mallett as the only backup. Interesting move. I get that Brady is da' Man, but he is getting older. Branch doesn't shock me, but Koppen did a little.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Koppen has been getting killed around here for his play this pre-season, I think people knew he was on the bubble.

Branch was surprising because they'd already cut Gaffney and Stallworth. I couldn't even name the WR on the depth chart after Lloyd/Welker/Edelman (although really Hernandez is basically a WR).

Hoyer was definitely the biggest surprise cut in my opinion. I think Hoyer would have been the better option for 2012 if Brady were to go down, but obviously they must think that Mallet is close enough so that it's not worth carrying Hoyer's roster spot.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Ha. Apparently the next WR on the depth chart would be Greg Salas.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Hah, makes that Supplemental pick interesting!!!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Greg Salas looked GREAT when he started and wasn't injured

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:44 pm

I suspect many of these guys are coming back after week 1 when vet salaries aren't guaranteed...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:14 am

patriots Patriots | Bill Belichick reaches 200 wins Fri Nov 23, 10:21 PM

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reached 200 wins following the Week 12 victory over the New York Jets Thursday, Nov. 22. He is the eighth coach in NFL history to reach the milestone.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 pm

NFL, you have been put on notice.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 am

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 am

I don't know how... But the Patriots keep getting it done. Those young receivers are only going to get better (you would think). Tom needs some sort of running game in the meantime, but he's talented enough to find situations to exploit defenses and make his young guys succeed.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Zach Sudfield released, lol. Not surprised, he's been brutal ever since the regular season started.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I don't know how... But the Patriots keep getting it done.  Those young receivers are only going to get better (you would think).  Tom needs some sort of running game in the meantime, but he's talented enough to find situations to exploit defenses and make his young guys succeed.
The first 3 weeks they barely squeaked past subpar opponents...  but last week they beat the Falcons,  which was probably a step up,   because we all thought the Falcons were contenders,   but they surely haven't played like they are contending for anything (except a draft pick)...

Tom Brady and good coaching has kept this franchise chugging along thus far,  but I am not sure they are going to be much of a factor in the post season like they typically are...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I don't know how... But the Patriots keep getting it done.  Those young receivers are only going to get better (you would think).  Tom needs some sort of running game in the meantime, but he's talented enough to find situations to exploit defenses and make his young guys succeed.
The first 3 weeks they barely squeaked past subpar opponents...  but last week they beat the Falcons,  which was probably a step up,   because we all thought the Falcons were contenders,   but they surely haven't played like they are contending for anything (except a draft pick)...

Tom Brady and good coaching has kept this franchise chugging along thus far,  but I am not sure they are going to be much of a factor in the post season like they typically are...
LOL, go ahead, bet against them.

I won't, not sure how they always seem to get it done, but they do. Come the Postseason, they will have had all year to get better, I think you can expect them to make noise.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:33 am

Quote :
The Boston Herald reports Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer has been diagnosed with a broken right leg, and is undergoing surgery on Monday. Analysis: It's likely a season-ending injury for Vollmer, who is in the midst of a strong campaign. However, it's not outside the realm of possibility that the Patriots could stash Vollmer on their weekly inactives list if they believe he could return for the playoffs. Vollmer has graded out as the No. 2 right tackle in Pro Football Focus' ratings. It's just one more issue for a struggling Tom Brady to deal with. Marcus Cannon should slide in opposite LT Nate Solder. It's a big downgrade.
Ouch.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft indicated the team may ask the NFL for some salary cap relief because they assumed $7.5 million in dead money for 2014 after releasing TE Aaron Hernandez. The team could ask for relief because of the extreme circumstances involving Hernandez's release.

So who thinks they could get the relief?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:48 pm

I don't think they should but I am uneducated on this sort of stuff so whatever

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:39 pm

http://dailysnark.com/nfl-investigating-patriots-using-deflated-balls-heres-video/

Strap in boys, here we go again.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Here we go again.

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Yeah, screw that.

45-7, footballs were not the only balls deflated yesterday.

Non-story, I hope.

Colts were beaten badly, no excuses.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Yeah, screw that.

Non-story, I hope.

I like what one guy said, "Unless they were deflating the balls so much that Blount could carry them in his pocket then I don't see how this changes anything."

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
Yeah, screw that.

Non-story, I hope.

I like what one guy said, "Unless they were deflating the balls so much that Blount could carry them in his pocket then I don't see how this changes anything."

Yeah, pretty sure missing tackles doesn't have a helluva lot to do with deflated balls.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm thinking someone said something like "Man, the Patriots really took the air out of the ball against the Colts" and someone took it literally. laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 am

Quote :
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Quote :
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Holy fuck, this just needs to go away. I need to quit thinking about that game.

I now understand what Mike means about uncurling from a Fetal position.

I admit it, I turned that game off in the 3rd quarter, went and made a stiff drink, maybe more than that, watched Breaking Bad.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:09 pm

They're so dumb for doing it, but it's so overblown too. They weren't 2 pounds lighter, they had 2 pounds per square inch of air less. That's so not the same thing, but they're reported by many outlets as 2 pounds lighter.

The only reason anyone gives a fuck about this is because it's Belichick and the Patriots. Like does anyone give a shit about the Browns using cell phones during games? Nope, that story evaporated in 2 seconds, but if that were the Patriots? Shit would've been top story on Drudge Report.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 4:43 pm

fined $1mil, 2016 1st round pick & 2017 4th round pick

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Is this for real?????

If so, DAMN!! This team needs to stop cheating because they always get caught. Now they have to forfeit a 1st and a future 4th!!!!!! doh

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Is this for real?????

If so, DAMN!!  This team needs to stop cheating because they always get caught.  Now they have to forfeit a 1st and a future 4th!!!!!!  doh

I bet they cheat more than we know about.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 6:53 pm

PURE GOLD!

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Fix your link Dave.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Fix your attitude Justin.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon May 11, 2015 7:39 pm

Fix your link Dave.

It seems as if all of the tears in Boston broke that server.

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed May 13, 2015 11:32 am

The Pats should get a good fine as well... even a loss of draft pick or two...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 am

banana in tux pickle mario banana rainbow banana devil dance banana7 santa banana chicken dance

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   

Back to top Go down

New England Patriots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: