AuthorMessage
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:20 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:07 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

vote yes Won't happen, but it would be nice to have him back, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:02 am

Giants fans must be so happy they put Eli back out there ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Eh, whatever, this is a lost season, and honestly was a lost season after 4 games. At this point I would prefer Davis Webb be starting so we can figure out whether they need to draft a QB @ #2 or not. The fact that he is not probably means they need to draft a QB at #2, which will probably be Darnold (or Mayfield), which will probably be a complete disaster and lead to years of losing and mediocrity.

Why can't my general optimism ever extend to sports?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:07 am

But if they start Davis Webb... what about Eli's consecutive game starting streak. ;)

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Eh, whatever, this is a lost season, and honestly was a lost season after 4 games.  At this point I would prefer Davis Webb be starting so we can figure out whether they need to draft a QB @ #2 or not.  The fact that he is not probably means they need to draft a QB at #2, which will probably be Darnold (or Mayfield), which will probably be a complete disaster and lead to years of losing and mediocrity.  

Webb is a wasted pick. He was over-drafted in the 3rd round & had a mediocre college career. Manning is under contract next year.

Eli hasn't played badly this year, he has had no Oline and no Receivers most of the year.

We need to Fix the line, before we put a young QB into the firing line. Why not have 1 more try with Eli and give him some support on the line.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 am

If I was Eli, I would bolt and get as far away from the Giants as possible. It will take probably 2-3 years to build on Offensive Line and they won't sign him after his deal is done. Time to get out now, if he can, before he is crippled! He can play a few more years and he won't get back to the Super Bowl, let alone win one by the time his career is over for the Giants.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
If I was Eli, I would bolt and get as far away from the Giants as possible. It will take probably 2-3 years to build on Offensive Line and they won't sign him after his deal is done. Time to get out now, if he can, before he is crippled! He can play a few more years and he won't get back to the Super Bowl, let alone win one by the time his career is over for the Giants.

Might have better SB chances playing for that other New York team.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 am

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

You can fix an O line in 1 year. Chargers did it this year.

Giants had Pugh and Richburg injured most of the year, arguably the best 2 (probably only 2) Lineman. If we get those guys back, prioritise the position in Free Agency & use a couple of high draft picks.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:05 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Charm City Justice wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Eh, whatever, this is a lost season, and honestly was a lost season after 4 games.  At this point I would prefer Davis Webb be starting so we can figure out whether they need to draft a QB @ #2 or not.  The fact that he is not probably means they need to draft a QB at #2, which will probably be Darnold (or Mayfield), which will probably be a complete disaster and lead to years of losing and mediocrity.  

Webb is a wasted pick. He was over-drafted in the 3rd round & had a mediocre college career. Manning is under contract next year.

Eli hasn't played badly this year, he has had no Oline and no Receivers most of the year.

We need to Fix the line, before we put a young QB into the firing line. Why not have 1 more try with Eli and give him some support on the line.

I have been a huge Eli defender. I know he is not the Giants only or biggest or maybe even top 5 problem. I am saying this year is lost and Eli has one year left on his contract. Why wouldn't the Giants want to figure out if Webb is any good in a game? They will almost assuredly have the #2 pick this year and there are some big name QBs who very well could be Eli's long term replacement. Even if Eli gives it a go for next year that may very well be the end of the line. If his replacement is already on the team then they can use the #2 pick elsewhere (O-Line would be a great option), but if he is not, then now might be the best opportunity they have to get his long term replacement.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:34 am

I know what you are saying Bill - I guess I just have so little faith in Reese that I am already convinced that Webb is not the answer.
But even if he was, how can we get a true feel for what he can do when he would be playing behind that O-line?

Btw. I still think we are in with a chance for 1st pick. Browns could easily pick up a few wins, they have looked much better as the season gone on and Kizer got 2 high end receivers now.

In the draft if we decide Oline, I would like to see us drop a few places - pick up some extra picks and aim for around the 7th pick. If you took McGlinchey @ 1 or 2 that would be a massive overdraft.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:29 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
I know what you are saying Bill - I guess I just have so little faith in Reese that I am already convinced that Webb is not the answer.
But even if he was, how can we get a true feel for what he can do when he would be playing behind that O-line?

Btw. I still think we are in with a chance for 1st pick. Browns could easily pick up a few wins, they have looked much better as the season gone on and Kizer got 2 high end receivers now.

In the draft if we decide Oline, I would like to see us drop a few places - pick up some extra picks and aim for around the 7th pick. If you took McGlinchey @ 1 or 2 that would be a massive overdraft.

Yeah, QBs are going #1 and #2 this year assuming Darnold comes out (more than likely). If are not going QB and could do a reverse Manning and move down and take O-Line I would be absolutely thrilled.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:50 pm

So who are you boys rooting for to see in the GM position? They said Riddick is a candidate, I also heard rumors that they are looking at Elliot Wolf from the Packers. Stay away!  laughing

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Well they are interviewing Gettleman too. I don't have much of an opinion on him. I guess Panthers roster is pretty good.

The guy from the Patriots, Caseiro I think his name is. I think he would be a great candidate if he wanted to step out from Belichek shadow.

I haven't heard his name but I always like what the Falcons do, so I would say Scott Pioli, but I don't actually know much about him.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:19 pm

But my biggest thing, is just DO NOT promote Mark Ross. The team is in this shape because we haven't been able to hit on the draft past the 2nd round in 8 years.
Why would you go and promote head of college scouting, which has been the franchise biggest problem!?!?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:53 am

Should have left Eli on the bench. He might win a game and cost the team draft pick positioning. And why expose him to injury. The offensive line is offensive.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:36 pm

So Gettleman it is. I wasn't particularly happy with the appointment, but I really enjoyed his opening interview. Seems a straight shooter
Can't be any worse than JR anyway.

I particularly like him saying, we need to fix the o-line, "theres no getting away from it" I think he said.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm

I think that is a great get for NYG.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Haven’t done a ton of reading up on him yet, but I like what I have seen so far. A hard ass who wants things done the right way. Sign me up for that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   

Back to top Go down

New York Giants
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: