JosephO

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 am

Praise Jesus Hoyer is starting :)

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 am

JosephO wrote:
Praise Jesus Hoyer is starting :)

To start the season at least... He will have to play alot better than he has been if he wants to keep the job...

Back to top Go down
JosephO

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:38 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

To start the season at least...    He will have to play alot better than he has been if he wants to keep the job...

I think this has more to do with splitting reps this season than anything. 2 full weeks working with #1s should get him ready for week 1. Hopefully they will look alot better Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:00 pm

*My Captain Obvious statement of the day* Manziel needs to demonstrate better composure, the more he continues to act like a punch ass bitch the more he'll be riding the pine.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Thats the problem with Manziel though, he is a "punk ass bitch" and while being immature certainly doesn't help, his biggest problem is his own personality, it's just who he is at his core.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:26 pm

I think that's fine if that's what he is, he better win games. Teams are obviously more tolerant of BS like that is they're winning. If you're losing you're just the next Ryan Leaf

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Added Lewis: “You’ll get a little bit more movement if Manziel’s the quarterback, the thing that they did against Buffalo. But other than that, no, that doesn’t impact you at all. You gotta go defend the offense. You don’t defend the player.”

Lewis paused, then added: “Particularly a midget.”

Am I the only one that died laughing when Lewis called Manziel a midget! That shit is classic, especially coming from a coach and not a player laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Fitting that as one person's career is ending, he is making fun of another person who's career is just beginning.

Way to go Mmmmarvin.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Fitting that as one person's career is ending, he is making fun of another person who's career is just beginning.

Way to go Mmmmarvin.

was a classless pathetic thing to say. I found it offensive and rude.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:02 pm

For realz?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
For realz?

Ya for realz ahole! I am a 5'1" Male that weighs 290 pounds. I been called all kinds of mean things. Heck this is just from last week... lets see...

Umm, I was called:

butterball, trouser destroyer, cottage cheese, gasfilled, Fat and stumpy, fun-size, small mac, smurf, yoyo, cocksucker, piggy bank.

So ya... I get offended. People riot and protest for all kinds of things but what about the small people? no one cares about the small people... sad face ya sad small fat face...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
For realz?

Ya for realz ahole! I am a 5'1" Male that weighs 290 pounds. I been called all kinds of mean things. Heck this is just from last week... lets see...

Umm, I was called:

butterball, trouser destroyer, cottage cheese, gasfilled, Fat and stumpy, fun-size, small mac, smurf, yoyo, cocksucker, piggy bank.

So ya... I get offended. People riot and protest for all kinds of things but what about the small people? no one cares about the small people... sad face ya sad small fat face...

But all I was doing was defending all of you midgets!
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Ummmm

Yeah......

He'll never make a NFL QB

Don't give me that shit about Rookie either.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Ummmm

Yeah......

one game...

#AlexSmithdoesthateveryweek

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Definitely looked like shit.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Ummmm

Yeah......

one game...

#AlexSmithdoesthateveryweek

Don't care

#dontbeahater

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Yeah,  he is a rookie,  and it was ONE game,   but damn,   that performance was REALLY bad...   just Ugly...   I am not ready to write him off completely,   but I felt like he was a gimmicky QB in college and he got away with it there but I was worried about his game working in the pros and if this game was any indication,  the improv gimmicks are not going to translate to the NFL very well, defenses are too smart and too fast to let that stuff work on regular basis...    He is going to have to change his game and improve a lot to be successful in the NFL,   I don't believe he is just going to be able to keep playing like he always played and have it work in the NFL...   We will see if he can adjust or not...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Tim Couch Part Deux

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh,  one other thing,   I can't help it,  but it was funny watching the defense make all those plays against him and then doing his stupid little money celebration right in his face!    I always thought that his celebration was incredibly immature and rubs most people the wrong way...   and I think NFL defenses are going to enjoy mocking him every chance they get with that one,   today was just the start...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:32 pm

I know Hoyer wasn't good but considering how the Browns were doing this year, I just don't get why they made the change.  Also Gordon sure turned out to be worthless.  Jordan Cameron?  

Same ol' Browns.  Got it!

I too enjoy seeing folks do that retarded money thing in his face. What a jerkoff.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I know Hoyer wasn't good but considering how the Browns were doing this year, I just don't get why they made the change.  Also Gordon sure turned out to be worthless.  Jordan Cameron?  

I too enjoy seeing folks do that retarded money thing in his face.  What a jerkoff.

They had to move away from Hoyer. He was absolutely horrible.
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:51 pm

I loved seeing this guy struggle today.....I'm not sure why I don't like this guy, but I really don't

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

I too enjoy seeing folks do that retarded money thing in his face.  What a jerkoff.

They had to move away from Hoyer. He was absolutely horrible.

They were tied with the other teams in AFC North at 7-5 dude...it doesn't matter if he was barely getting it done...they were in as good a spot as they have been in years and last week barely lost to the fuckin Colts (a good team).....

Going to an unknown at this point makes as much sense as taking your star receiver off the field on third downs the week before or playing musical chairs with 3 RBs earlier in the year. Hope their coaching staff is satisfied and hope their ownership is happy...because surely the fans must want to fuckin storm the castle and take some scalps I would think....

Hoyer can be horrible all he wants...it pales in comparison to what that coaching staff as managed to pull off here.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 am

Here is my take: Hoyer wasn't all that bad, and he certainly helped get the Browns to that 7-6 record, BUT, it's not like Hoyer was going to lead this team to anything even if they snuck into the playoffs and at his age they know he is not going to be their QB of the future, so why not see if Manziel might be that guy... They could leave Hoyer in and make a futile run at the playoffs, but that could potentially set them back in the future at QB... They want to get a few games with Manziel to see what they have, and don't be surprised if they draft another QB or sign a FA for competition if Manziel continues his subpar play... They have a pretty good defense and some good pieces on offense right now, they just need a QB to get to that next level where they are legitimate contenders, no one seriously thinks Hoyer is that guy at this point, so why not end the charade and move on to try to find that QB of the future.

I get it, it makes sense to me... and I think most of their fans were wanting to see Manziel anyways... Only the most delusional of them though Hoyer was going to give them a shot at the Super bowl... For every Brown fan that wanted to storm the castle for putting Manziel in, there is a Brown fan who wanted to storm the castle for leaving Manziel on the bench...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:01 am

I didn't believe Manziel had what it takes to be a good NFL QB when he got drafted into the NFL. Now don't get me wrong he is a great athlete that can stretch plays, but I don't think he has what it takes to be the franchise QB the Browns were hoping for when they drafted him.

I mean you never know though. Another short QB, by the name of Drew Brees, was criticized if he could make it at the NFL level, but needless to say he has. So Manziel could come along with a few more games under his belt, but I am on the other side and think he isn't the answer at QB for the Browns

P.S

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:34 pm

I guess the Bengals players threw up the $$ sign 7 times on Sunday after they got to Manziel!!

Absolutely love it laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 pm

All of us fantasy geeks sitting on our couches and drinking beers (or whatever you did on sunday) earned just as many (if not more) fantasy points as Manziel did in his first start... That is pretty funny... laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:49 pm

He's a twat. But the important question is:

Is he as big a twat as Colin Kaepernick?

It's a toughie.

thinking

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Maybe this will be the humbling moment he needs to buckle down and take the NFL seriously....

or not.

tongue

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:01 pm

England Dragons wrote:
He's a twat. But the important question is:

Is he as big a twat as Colin Kaepernick?

It's a toughie.

thinking

Wow, yeah, good point Jon.

The TWOT award will be split this year!!!!

No, I'm not including me, ass.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 pm

I am all for punting a QB that is clearly not THE GUY but do it at the start of the season...do it when shit is not going anywhere anyway...but while Hoyer wasn't great they were tied for division lead, then barely lost to a good Colts team and then management essentially threw a game in the garbage because they felt the change to the unknown should happen this week....that's just silly. Wait until you are way out in front of someone or getting thumped in a game already and try him out if you must but if I am Hoyer, I would have been on the sideline Sunday thinking "good, you fuckers deserve this shitshow"

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
For realz?

[size=44]Ya for realz ahole! I am a 5'1" Male that weighs 290 pounds. I been called all kinds of mean things. Heck this is just from last week... lets see...

Umm, I was called:

So ya... I get offended. People riot and protest for all kinds of things but what about the small people? no one cares about the small people... sad face ya sad small fat face...[/size]

You dont weigh no 290 ! I call bullshit! :happy: nono

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 am

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
For realz?

[size=44]Ya for realz ahole! I am a 5'1" Male that weighs 290 pounds. I been called all kinds of mean things. Heck this is just from last week... lets see...

Umm, I was called:

So ya... I get offended. People riot and protest for all kinds of things but what about the small people? no one cares about the small people... sad face ya sad small fat face...[/size]

You dont weigh no 290 ! I call bullshit! :happy: nono

Years ago, there was a song....

"Small people got no reason................"

All I got.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:53 am

(Rotoworld)The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Johnny Manziel checked into a treatment facility last week.
Analysis: Whoa. We knew Manziel was going down a dangerous road of partying, but weren't aware he was in such dire need of help. He's still just a 22-year-old kid. But he has a big-boy job unlike most his age and it's time to put the booze behind him. "Johnny entered treatment on Wednesday," said his publicist. "Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend, and teammate and he thought the off-season was the right time to take this step. On behalf of Johnny and his family, weÂ’re asking for privacy until he rejoins the team in Cleveland." From sleeping on inflatable swans to being caught rolling up a dollar bill in a bathroom to oversleeping and missing the final walkthrough of the season, Manziel's rookie year was a well-chronicled disaster. We assume he'll get himself in order this spring and be back to compete for a job.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:13 pm

You have to hand it to him in one way - at least he didnt get a DUI (because he likely has drivers) and he asked for help before getting suspended like Gordon and Blackmon.

Hope it helps him, but he still lacks some size and talent for a QB in my books.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:26 pm

He needs more than psychological help, he also needs help on how to play QB at the professional level. So this help is good, but he still needs a lot more

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Walmart Greeter and part-time Bartender

Whois, Johnny "knows no football" Manziel 4 years from now.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:01 pm

I hope he gets his shit together. I would like to see him succeed

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:14 pm

I dunno, I kind of enjoy seeing players who come off like major d-bags failing. If he needs help then its good he's getting it. The cynic in me feels like this is more of a PR move though

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 pm

I think it more a move to keep his job as a clip board holder the next few years. I think he knew his ass was getting close to being tossed or at the very least in severe jeopardy with the Browns brass. I don't think getting off booze is gonna make him an NFL starting QB, cause I simply don't think he is as talented as his press machine made him out to be. He was over drafted by the worst run team in the NFL cause they ate the bait and bought into the myth and legend of a college QB. Simply put I think this dude is a mediocre talent at best who brings more drama and bullshit than he will ever bring W's. Watching him fizzle is about all the joy he will ever bring to his critics. Now if you are a booster or fan of his obviously this won't be the case. As there will be no joy in Mudville as the not so mighty Johnny strikes out.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Well, no matter what anyone thinks, at least he's trying to do something about it off his own back.

No idea if it makes any difference to his career but hope it does to his life.

Well done to him for taking that step.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
He needs more than psychological help, he also needs help on how to play QB at the professional level.  So this help is good, but he still needs a lot more

good post

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I dunno, I kind of enjoy seeing players who come off like major d-bags failing. If he needs help then its good he's getting it. The cynic in me feels like this is more of a PR move though

good post

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 pm

If this isn't just a PR move,   I truly hope he gets the help he needs...  I do.   But,  like others here,  I am skeptical he will ever amount to much in the NFL...   He lacks size,  talent and most important of all,  he lacks the heart...   to be successful in the NFL  you have to be completely sold out and dedicated to the game,  I just don't think Johnny will ever be that guy...

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:51 am

He learned you can't just roll out of bed hungover and skate by on raw talent in the NFL like he could at A&M. He's got that mysterious, elusive "it" factor and if he honestly dedicates himself to football, I think he will be very good. It just depends if this is a PR Pit stop or a real attempt at getting his shit together, ala Chris Carter or Josh Hamilton. Either way, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I think the toughest test of his sobriety will be that he has to wake up every single day and go to work for the Cleveland Browns....

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:40 am

Singapore Slings wrote:

I think the toughest test of his sobriety will be that he has to wake up every single day and go to work for the Cleveland Browns....

Laughing If you cannot play QB for Browns you wont play anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Quote :
Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, who's been photographed partying from coast to coast since the day he was drafted, entered a treatment facility Wednesday and is getting the help he needs, according to a family friend and advisor. "Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend and teammate, and he thought the offseason was the right time to take this step."

Analysis: Manziel's partying was displayed on social media during the year including a photo of him and rolled up dollar bill in a bar bathroom. Manziel also missed a team meeting late in the season and admitted to partying the night before. He's got a long way to go if wants to make himself into a starting quarterback in the NFL.

I hate to be cynical but this feels 100% like a PR move.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:34 pm

I think that kid in the background is thinking, can I be next! I don't care if I get any beer, I just want to suck on that mock

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Word is that Johnny won't play in 2015. Not sure if that's because of the rehab thing or because he sucks a bag of donkey dicks.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Gotta be careful with rumors like this...   wonder if it has any teeth to it?

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Manziel QB FA   

Back to top Go down

Johnny Manziel QB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: