:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Activity and Statistics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 10:49 pm

There is a new article on nfl.com. Top 10 teams benefiting from return of injured players. It would be cool to hear someones take on Roster Wars teams in the same boat.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 1:16 pm

It must be a Wednesday during the off-season. Boo off-season.

All of 2 posts today sad3

Did you know that we average 132 posts per day?

Even if you take out RFA posts we average 123 posts per day.

That's crazy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Indeed very crazy! Wish it was more though Laughing

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Crazy indeed. I am still on the forum constantly, I guess I just don't have anything to say to you bastards.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Crazy indeed. I am still on the forum constantly, I guess I just don't have anything to say to you bastards.

Same for me. I am here all the time and still cant crack the top 15...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
It must be a Wednesday during the off-season. Boo off-season.

All of 2 posts today sad3

Did you know that we average 132 posts per day?

Even if you take out RFA posts we average 123 posts per day.

That's crazy.

If that number is right, I now know why I have no free time anymore. It's all you guys fault!

furious

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm in the middle of two start up auctions/drafts so hectic currently.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed May 29, 2013 9:30 pm

I hate the offseason

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 4:11 am

I'm about to hit 2500 so my two current auctions/drafts have not slows my ass down weeeeeeeeeee!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 am

I also hate the off-season, seems like all there is to talk about is stupid players after the draft.

That should really be changing soon, camps are not that far off. OTA's don't really do much for me, no real info.

Looking forward to July, then it should start taking off!!

Already have the trip to Colts Camp planned, really looking forward to that.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 8:54 am

I just flew to England. Got four hours of sleep after going to Foxwods the night before and playing 7 card stud until 5 AM and getting...four hours of sleep.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I just flew to England. Got four hours of sleep after going to Foxwods the night before and playing 7 card stud until 5 AM and getting...four hours of sleep.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

Your post was so awesome it made me hit 2500!!!! weee weee weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 pm

As usual I am looking forward to this months stats...its never about the RW studs because we all know who is here all the time and participating...but I am always confused when someone falls dramatically short of anything that could even be construed as RW worthy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
As usual I am looking forward to this months stats...its never about the RW studs because we all know who is here all the time and participating...but I am always confused when someone falls dramatically short of anything that could even be construed as RW worthy.

sweat

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Every time I see these stats threads and who's posting what, I can't help but think of pieces of flair

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu May 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Every time there is gross misrepresentation of one's activity level despite me being pretty clear about what this league was to be, I just watch this video...

Some people deliver and some people get buried. cheers

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

I know my numbers will be down, apologize in advance, just too many things going on.

I will explain some of it in a Rant I'll be posting in the next couple of days.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri May 31, 2013 6:10 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

I know my numbers will be down, apologize in advance, just too many things going on.

I will explain some of it in a Rant I'll be posting in the next couple of days.

I assure you that your "down number" are multiple times better than other folks around here. Don't sweat it.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri May 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Likewise, been on vacation.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 pm

And LVD pushes to be Top3 at his position for the week and the month. Well done sir!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:04 pm

And LVD pushes to be Top3 at his position for the week and the month. Well done sir!

Who would have thunk it?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Congratulations, Justin. One more post today and you will have 50 just for today. Looking back to March 18th, it takes someone like the Waffles nearly 3 months to most that much.

You're a killer man AR15 firing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Haha!

This isn't even my final form!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm

definitely feels like activity is picking up again. Not sure if its the ladder being on the main page motivating everyone, or just that time of year again where we all have the itch, but props to all

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
definitely feels like activity is picking up again. Not sure if its the ladder being on the main page motivating everyone, or just that time of year again where we all have the itch, but props to all

Indeed it has been refreshing!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Amen.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Been a bunch of things going on for me lately...feel like I barely have had a chance to be in RW last couple days...oh hey look I reached 7500

Anyway, for those that have been kickin ass lately keep it up...a couple really need to step up IMO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Understatement of the year Andy Laughing

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

How do we see report of top posters for the week/month (not day/overall) beyond the top 10 on the main page?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Grats on 7500!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
How do we see report of top posters for the week/month (not day/overall) beyond the top 10 on the main page?

I wish I had that capability...I would prefer to have the complete list to be honest. Obviously I am interested in promoting and celebrating the activity so many put forth here...and just as interested in calling out those that really aren't giving us what they should.

Its something I will continue to strive for.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

I wish I had that capability...I would prefer to have the complete list to be honest. Obviously I am interested in promoting and celebrating the activity so many put forth here...and just as interested in calling out those that really aren't giving us what they should.

I know nothing about this, but if the lists are there on the front page, I'd assume there is a way to quantify them?

confused shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

I know nothing about this, but if the lists are there on the front page, I'd assume there is a way to quantify them?

confused shrug

I would too but because of the structure of these boards, it will certainly take Shawns level of expertise to even have a shot at figuring it out....we'll see

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

confused shrug

I would too but because of the structure of these boards, it will certainly take Shawns level of expertise to even have a shot at figuring it out....we'll see

If it helps, when you hold your cursor over the bars on the ladder on the front page, it tells you how many for each.

give me beer

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:18 pm

RWC wrote:
C. Roster Wars Message Board

C.1 Guidelines

a. Owners must be active on the Roster Wars message board. The message board is a focal point of Roster Wars. "Active" is defined as routinely hitting 3-5 posts per week and never exceeding 30 days without a post.

I just want to point this out.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Sad that a bullshit post will count... just like this one here.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 pm

New Berlin Blitzkrieg wrote:
Sad that a bullshit post will count... just like this one here.

Agree but at least a bullshit post is proof that you are actually reading the forum.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:37 am

RWC wrote:

C.1 Guidelines

a. Owners must be active on the Roster Wars message board. The message board is a focal point of Roster Wars. "Active" is defined as routinely hitting 3-5 posts per week and never exceeding 30 days without a post.

This is something I really have been wondering about...I need something more here. I find it to be fuckin bullshit when folks come into this league claiming to be one thing and are another. I may be revamping some things...

My thoughts which I will share...

I have already removed the job titles from the sigs. I expect folks to participate and contribute and some are very solid about it while others not so much...the titles in the sigs was to create some recognition for contributions and maybe some shame for lack thereof but I have never once felt like that was being achieved so i just did away with it because also don't want to repeat the path of taking jobs away from folks who were trying to do them....which leads me to my next thought...

For those that contribute on a regular basis...rest assured I know who you are...and even the few who I may not notice all what you do, I check thoroughly before I will ever call you out...any and all effort is appreciated by me if not your league-mates. Specific jobs are not the way to measure this necessarily, they are merely a sign.

Maybe its because its late and I have been working all day and am tired but I also think that RW has been around long enough that folks have figured me out for better or worse and are either with me or they aren't. I think what I am saying is that (using my co-commissioning experience in my other league) I am ready to just take over the hiring/firing of owners of this league and trust my gut and when it comes to who fits and who does not....not that anything we do currently is bad but we have made a lengthy process here but the results haven't been better than anything I have seen elsewhere.

I think I should have made an executive decision earlier in regards to Sihao and right now I feel like I should be making one with someone as well. I will reserve judgement til I have rested though.

Just saying I think trying it another way is worth a shot. Ian would be affected by this change but Ian has no trouble here even if he isn't assisting me with prospects...anyone have opinions on my rambling?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:20 am

Nailed it. I think the recruiting system we are using appears to be flawed looking at some of the results.

And - I may be wrong on this - but has the group ever voted against a prospect? If not, it kinda shows it may not be the most reliable approach to determining new owners.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:21 am

England Dragons wrote:
Nailed it. I think the recruiting system we are using appears to be flawed looking at some of the results.

And - I may be wrong on this - but has the group ever voted against a prospect? If not, it kinda shows it may not be the most reliable approach to determining new owners.

2cents

I've voted no but never were there enough "no" votes to turn a prospect away I believe.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:06 am

RWC wrote:

C.1 Guidelines

This is something I really have been wondering about...I need something more here.  I find it to be fuckin bullshit when folks come into this league claiming to be one thing and are another.  I may be revamping some things...

My thoughts which I will share...

I have already removed the job titles from the sigs.  I expect folks to participate and contribute and some are very solid about it while others not so much...the titles in the sigs was to create some recognition for contributions and maybe some shame for lack thereof but I have never once felt like that was being achieved so i just did away with it because also don't want to repeat the path of taking jobs away from folks who were trying to do them....which leads me to my next thought...

For those that contribute on a regular basis...rest assured I know who you are...and even the few who I may not notice all what you do, I check thoroughly before I will ever call you out...any and all effort is appreciated by me if not your league-mates.  Specific jobs are not the way to measure this necessarily, they are merely a sign.

Maybe its because its late and I have been working all day and am tired but I also think that RW has been around long enough that folks have figured me out for better or worse and are either with me or they aren't.  I think what I am saying is that (using my co-commissioning experience in my other league) I am ready to just take over the hiring/firing of owners of this league and trust my gut and when it comes to who fits and who does not....not that anything we do currently is bad but we have made a lengthy process here but the results haven't been better than anything I have seen elsewhere.  

I think I should have made an executive decision earlier in regards to Sihao and right now I feel like I should be making one with someone as well.  I will reserve judgement til I have rested though.

Just saying I think trying it another way is worth a shot.  Ian would be affected by this change but Ian has no trouble here even if he isn't assisting me with prospects...anyone have opinions on my rambling?
YOUR FIRING IAN???????  Lol. I have no problem with you deciding on firing.  Some people are too nice and would always give people passes over and over.  You know what you wanted to build as a community.  Build it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:30 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
YOUR FIRING IAN??????? 

Geez, now I am scared behind couch

This has nothing to do with Ian and I will surely still refer to him if I need any assistance or want a second opinion.  I just think I would like to see what will be if I make the ultimate decision on entry and exit and will make sure I express things in a way so that there are no surprises if they fail to meet our high standards.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:44 am

Still being relatively new, I did notice the league's tendency to vote 'yes' when it comes to new GMs- for better or worse.  It's difficult to be the one GM who votes 'no' or to be the Commissioner who turns down a prospect when there are vacancies that must be filled.  Human nature?

As for interviewing, I think you'll find it tough to author a flawless process.  There exist too many ways to circumvent it.  No matter how much I tweak my own process, a few asshats tend to slip through along with the assets... and you usually don't immediately figure them out.  It may take weeks, months or even a full season.

As Lance already said, it's your vision, your baby.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 am

scared

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 am

I think I should have made an executive decision earlier in regards to Sihao and right now I feel like I should be making one with someone as well.  I will reserve judgement til I have rested though.

Just saying I think trying it another way is worth a shot.  Ian would be affected by this change but Ian has no trouble here even if he isn't assisting me with prospects...anyone have opinions on my rambling?

This is not a criticism, but I agree with you re: Sihao. I think it was painfully obvious he was not cut out for this league. He would meet his posting quota by coming into random Player threads like once a week and posting something like:

i think he's going to have a huge year

Yes, he was probably fulfilling the minimum requirements post-count-wise, but it rarely felt like he was participating in the league. To make things worse, he more or less destroyed his team. That fact that we had to wait until he technically broke a rule didn't really do anything to help the league.

I would have been fine with you not renewing Sihao in 2013, and even though I don't pay attention enough to the guys who don't post much so I have no idea who this other owner is you're considering booting, I'd very likely be fine with that as well...unless...it's...me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:08 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:

This is not a criticism, but I agree with you re: Sihao. I think it was painfully obvious he was not cut out for this league. He would meet his posting quota by coming into random Player threads like once a week and posting something like:

i think he's going to have a huge year

Yes, he was probably fulfilling the minimum requirements post-count-wise, but it rarely felt like he was participating in the league. To make things worse, he more or less destroyed his team. That fact that we had to wait until he technically broke a rule didn't really do anything to help the league.

I would have been fine with you not renewing Sihao in 2013, and even though I don't pay attention enough to the guys who don't post much so I have no idea who this other owner is you're considering booting, I'd very likely be fine with that as well...unless...it's...me.

high five

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:06 am

FWIW we have screened out guys and not put them to a vote so it has not been simply a rubber stamping. Plus have we actually wanted to remove anyone who went through the prospect process - all departures to date precede that process as far as I remember.

I have no problem changing / improving things whether it involves me or not but there are several things I like about the current prospect process such as - its transparent and clear so people know what to expect, it involves existing owners so that people have a stake in who they let in and the chance to voice contrary opinions.

Also its never ideal to have holes to fill as imo people get let in just to keep the league schedule moving vs having a waitlist - so that is something to prioritize, ie proactive recruiting.

In general I think the move away from formal jobs is a bad one as I think that helped the league, esp the core and however benevolent it feels a bit like trending towards a dictatorship around here...

Most of this I've said to Andy/ on the forumns before of course so not news

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

I think he gonna have a great year.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 am

I think we are at a point where most of the wrinkles that will come up have been ironed out, together. Really we are at a point where the only real trouble is an owner not keeping their end of the bargain. I think the process of new owners is ok with the questions they answer. But anyone can bs for an hour in the chat room and tell us they will be active in this league.

The second sentence on the RW.com site refers to maximum owner involvement. Truthfully, we will not know until they are here. And, in my opinion there are a couple of owners with us now who do not contribute. They poke their head in every once in a while and they are gone again. Most check the boards multiple times daily. I don't think you should have to post every time you get on. But if you are not checking in and interacting at a decent click, then this may notbe for you. There are plenty of leagues out there where you can click and leave. This isn't it.
E

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:20 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
I think we are at a point where most of the wrinkles that will come up have been ironed out, together. Really we are at a point where the only real trouble is an owner not keeping their end of the bargain. I think the process of new owners is ok with the questions they answer. But anyone can bs for an hour in the chat room and tell us they will be active in this league.

The second sentence on the RW.com site refers to maximum owner involvement.  Truthfully, we will not know until they are here.  And, in my opinion there are a couple of owners with us now who do not contribute. They poke their head in every once in a while and they are gone again.  Most check the boards multiple times daily.  I don't think you should have to post every time you get on. But if you are not checking in and interacting at a decent click, then this may notbe for you. There are plenty of leagues out there where you can click and leave.  This isn't it.
E

The best part is most of "those" owners won't read these threads so they won't have any idea what's being discussed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   

Back to top Go down

Activity and Statistics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: