Share | 

Activity and Statistics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I have considered making it so this forum would replace the word "pumpkin" with the word "dude" so that I can sleep better at night. no
awesome. you should just pick a few words to randomly replace and we can all get a good laugh.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

Here is a stat for you....

Week 1 had all journalists kicking ass by not only delivering their work to us in a very quick time frame but there wasn't a week one in the bunch. I seriously thank you guys for making that happen. It was everything I had hoped it could be.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

Here is a stat for you....

Week 1 had all journalists kicking ass by not only delivering their work to us in a very quick time frame but there wasn't a week one in the bunch. I seriously thank you guys for making that happen. It was everything I had hoped it could be.

rock on

It's pretty freaking sweet eh?

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

Agreed the Articles were Kick Ass. Roster Wars is setting the bar pretty high for any ordinary Fantasy League.

Good work guys, lets keep it up!

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 am

Yup, those were awesome

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 am

Didn't want to start a new thread over it...but since Bob thanked me for posting his waivers in his team thread I wanted to mention it to all...

If I do that before you its totally fine...I am just clearing my inbox and think it fits to have those moves posted there. If you beat me to it, great! If not and you want to do it your way like Justin and Shawn have been doing then go ahead and I will come back and delete mine. No biggie.

Now that Vince and I have our system down for acknowledging your moves, I think these threads are a nice way to look back and what the history of the team has been.

Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah I'm loving the way mine looks Andy.

Quick question, and sorry if you've mentioned this somewhere, but when do sig's get updated with our career records? Once a season?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread over it...but since Bob thanked me for posting his waivers in his team thread I wanted to mention it to all...

Thanks commish - I decided against posting thanks in the biz thread so glad you feel the love anyway 1st

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Yeah I'm loving the way mine looks Andy.

Quick question, and sorry if you've mentioned this somewhere, but when do sig's get updated with our career records? Once a season?

We'll see...right now there is enough things I need to get finished that hasn't even been started. So right now it probably will be once per season but as I get closer to complete there may be more boredom on my end which could result in things like that being done much more frequently.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:28 pm

The moment we have all been anticipating is about to happen announce

1 Minnesota Eternals 4165 posts
2 Jersey Legionnaires 4154

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
The moment we have all been anticipating is about to happen announce

1 Minnesota Eternals 4165 posts
2 Jersey Legionnaires 4154

ROTFLMAO

What was the over/under on that?

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Does that mean he's the new commish? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 pm

king

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:50 pm

LOL

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:

Nah just means he talks alot

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Wyoming Headhunters wrote:

Nah just means he talks alot

Maybe it means you don't talk ENOUGH!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:21 pm

drama

I have been slackin' lately.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm

and this ones makes us tied at 4168

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 pm

king

Brilliant!

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 pm

drama

I have been slackin' lately.

Indeed we miss you!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:41 pm

This must be the quietest day in the history of Roster Wars. couchsleep

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:09 pm

This must be the quietest day in the history of Roster Wars. couchsleep

Seriously. Saturday's are normally a little slower but 12 hours with no posts? I don't think thats ever happened haha.

I guess thats a good problem to have...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Amazing what happens when I have no electricity.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 am

We have eclipsed the 40,000 post mark! party8

...in under 14 months. I feel its safe to say that is better than most leagues out there. (Yeah I know many leagues don't measure based on MB posts)

I dig it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah that's pretty damned impressive. More active than some Fantasy Football community forums. Which, honestly, I could see this evolving into at some point as more people drop by just to hang-out.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am

Yeah that's pretty damned impressive. More active than some Fantasy Football community forums. Which, honestly, I could see this evolving into at some point as more people drop by just to hang-out.

I really am hoping this year we take a big step forward in regards to the way things are organized and designed. I would really like to see everyone pitching in to some aspect of things but it seems that in some cases it is falling on deaf ears so I can only do what I can do. I have other ideas too but I have been working on not overloading my plate so I need to get existing things iron out perfectly before moving to new things. I had one idea which I really wanted to get to this year but hard to imagine making it right now...oh well...we'll see.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:28 am

I thought about doing a Roster Wars radio show each week and getting started with focusing on the NFL Draft and prospects. It would then turn into more of a Dynasty news show each week - where players moving up and down the rankings (My Rankings) will get discussed in greater detail. Thought about just using my rankings at 365FF and going down top 10 and discussing players. Not sure if it would be beneficial to anyone other then myself.

We have the new house now so have a place where I could do something like this now where the computer is set up.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 am

I really am hoping this year we take a big step forward in regards to the way things are organized and designed. I would really like to see everyone pitching in to some aspect of things but it seems that in some cases it is falling on deaf ears so I can only do what I can do. I have other ideas too but I have been working on not overloading my plate so I need to get existing things iron out perfectly before moving to new things. I had one idea which I really wanted to get to this year but hard to imagine making it right now...oh well...we'll see.

Cryptic fucker.

Anyway, stop chatting and answer your trade proposals.

laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
I thought about doing a Roster Wars radio show each week and getting started with focusing on the NFL Draft and prospects. It would then turn into more of a Dynasty news show each week - where players moving up and down the rankings (My Rankings) will get discussed in greater detail. Thought about just using my rankings at 365FF and going down top 10 and discussing players. Not sure if it would be beneficial to anyone other then myself.

We have the new house now so have a place where I could do something like this now where the computer is set up.

I'd enjoy that. Maybe a show each week focusing on one position leading up to draft time and a recap as the season approaches? That'd be cool.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:38 am

No promises but I will see what I can do. We are 3 weeks away from Baby #3's due date so things may get a little hectic. Either way I would like to try to do something on air at some point during the year. Not sure if I can commit to a set schedule or anything though. And if someone else wanted to join in the fun that would be cool as well.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 am

I might do a "state of the chaetomorpha" youtube video every month too...

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:01 am

I am willing to pitch in, I just don't know the best way to do so. Full time work, 3/4 time student, three year old and a 10 month old.... I do not want to commit to anything unless I am sure I will be able to follow through, and my life can get hectic real fast, especially because I can get sent out of town for work at a moment's notice (and don't currently have a laptop.)

All that and I haven't thought of anything good to contribute.

So yeah, willing, not sure how able...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
No promises but I will see what I can do. We are 3 weeks away from Baby #3's due date so things may get a little hectic. Either way I would like to try to do something on air at some point during the year. Not sure if I can commit to a set schedule or anything though. And if someone else wanted to join in the fun that would be cool as well.

James, if and when you are ready to do something like that hit me up and we'll get it set up so you can be on our official radio thing so its all in one place. All of the ranking stuff is way past me...never been able to do it...but I would love to see your idea come to life. Weekly shows can be a lot...if you can do it that's awesome but less frequent would still be badass.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 am

England Dragons wrote:

Cryptic fucker.

Anyway, stop chatting and answer your trade proposals.

laughing

Working my way over there...lol

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
I am willing to pitch in, I just don't know the best way to do so. Full time work, 3/4 time student, three year old and a 10 month old.... I do not want to commit to anything unless I am sure I will be able to follow through, and my life can get hectic real fast, especially because I can get sent out of town for work at a moment's notice (and don't currently have a laptop.)

All that and I haven't thought of anything good to contribute.

So yeah, willing, not sure how able...

That's one hell of a schedule....

I have to sit down and work on more ideas but right now I see it like there is mainly

radio type gigs
written type gigs
organizing of activity type things

We don't need everyone kicking in a weekly installment of anything....hell some may just have a once or twice a year "something" that is cool that folks look forward to. The rankings type stuff is right up James' alley so its easy....what fits Tony best? radio? article? other? Those are the lines I am always thinking along...no rush but I do hope everyone eventually can find something that fits them nicely.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 am

Utah Spazz wrote:

James, if and when you are ready to do something like that hit me up and we'll get it set up so you can be on our official radio thing so its all in one place. All of the ranking stuff is way past me...never been able to do it...but I would love to see your idea come to life. Weekly shows can be a lot...if you can do it that's awesome but less frequent would still be badass.

It is something I have been wanting to do just need to find the time to fit it in. Always feel strange with the kids running around and my wife asking what the hell I am doing talking to the computer out loud about Fantasy Football. But if I can do it in the basement with no one bugging me I think I can make it work. I want to be one of those guys that works from home and just camps out in the basement on the computer all day and takes breaks here and there with the family.

I am starting to try something similar where I can just do the books for some companies at home. Got 1 person lined up so far just 10 hours a month doing the books for his dentist office but can do it at home and earn a little extra cash. My goal is to try to get 15-20 of these type of gigs and eventually tell my boss to F-Off haha. Would love to make my own path though and not have to feel so tied down.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 am

Utah Spazz wrote:

It is something I have been wanting to do just need to find the time to fit it in. Always feel strange with the kids running around and my wife asking what the hell I am doing talking to the computer out loud about Fantasy Football. But if I can do it in the basement with no one bugging me I think I can make it work. I want to be one of those guys that works from home and just camps out in the basement on the computer all day and takes breaks here and there with the family.

I am starting to try something similar where I can just do the books for some companies at home. Got 1 person lined up so far just 10 hours a month doing the books for his dentist office but can do it at home and earn a little extra cash. My goal is to try to get 15-20 of these type of gigs and eventually tell my boss to F-Off haha. Would love to make my own path though and not have to feel so tied down.

You just described me 4 days of the week...LOL

Yeah, I usually do the shows when they are either sound asleep or gone...especially cuz I have a mouth on me. I did think about doing a show with Stephen in the room back when we were laughing at my inability to stop saying GD cuz I surely wouldn't when he is sitting here.

Just email me whenever you think you have it figured out and want to try it and I will get ya set up with what you need on our radio site. No rush.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 pm

I was thinking about doing a mock draft for the teams in DD. Quick team analysis and who they will pick kind of thing. Have it out right after the NFL draft...

Anyone on the DD side want to take on doing it for TT?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:07 pm

You can't predict crazy! I'm crazy like a FOX!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Approaching 50,000 posts on the forum. party8

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Nice, 50,000 is a good number!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Has it been as slow around here as it feels? I have been offline more lately but I am surprised when I only missed like 3 posts the whole time.

You folks all fishing?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

It's been slow. I think some post counts are going to jump off the page this month.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 8:45 pm

Ya agreed with Shawn.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
It's been slow. I think some post counts are going to jump off the page this month.

No kidding...

no

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey this is a good chance for me to catch up to some of you top posters.

P.S. I think there are a lot of drafts going on right now that might be taking people away from posting here too.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:

P.S. I think there are a lot of drafts going on right now that might be taking people away from posting here too.

That and it's just a dead time in the NFL. It sucks. Nothing going on until training camp gets rolling and reports come in.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Other leagues is not an excuse here in my opinion. Roster Wars is built like no other. Activity is expected. I think all 24 owners need to find a way to contribute here in some form or fashion.

There are a ton of people pulling their weight here though, and it's not like it is out of hand or anything. I just think there are a few owners that could focus their time here a little more is all.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 pm

I know I've been a little slower than normal because of this second job kicking my ass. I've been thinking a self-eval for the offseason could get some discussion started. As soon as I have a little extra time I've been meaning to put one together for myself and hoping others follow suit

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 pm

That and it's just a dead time in the NFL. It sucks. Nothing going on until training camp gets rolling and reports come in.

There should always be something that we can chat about. We can shoot the shit by reflecting on last years results, talk about our draft and RFA. We can look forward to match ups this coming season. All kinds of stuff. We just need to do some brainstorming on what we can do to put these kind of things on the table.

James posted a good analysis of the draft of two divisions. After his first write up he received some decent replies, but after the second one, there were only 3 replies.

Mike posted his analysis of the draft for one division and it only yield 4 replies.

Then there is a topic about an entirely different league that has had 30 replies within the last week.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Statistics   

Back to top Go down

Activity and Statistics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: