HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Quote :
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney has taken out a $5 million insurance policy to protect himself financially during the Gamecocks' 2013 season.

The All-American defensive end used Twitter to laugh off discussions last month about if he should sit out the year and not risk injury, but he apparently has been seriously thinking about his NFL future.

Several analysts say the 6-foot-6 Clowney would be the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft if he were eligible. That led to questions if Clowney should consider not playing and avoid possibly suffering an injury that might ruin his draft status.

Clowney said there never was a doubt he would play, but he did use the NCAA's "Exceptional Student-Athlete Disability Program" that permits qualifying athletes in football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and ice hockey, to take out a loan to help finance the cost of an insurance policy, which they must repay upon signing a pro contract.

Clowney confirmed Thursday that he had the $5 million policy, but he did not say he was concerned about being injured.

The $5 million is the maximum amount allowed, and NCAA spokesman Chris Radford has said such policies cost about $30,000. Radford said between 75 and 100 athletes take advantage of the program annually -- about 80 percent of those are football players.

If anyone deserves his own thread as an underclassman, it's this guy.  Absolutely incredible player.  

I don't like the three-year rule.  It's completely arbitrary.  If you're old enough to serve in the military and vote then you're old enough to play in the NFL.

That's my 2c.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Tom Rinaldi reported that #SouthCarolina DE Jadeveon Clowney ran a 4.5 40 at 270 pounds during the Gamecocks' recent winter workouts.

Read this a couple of days ago. Insane.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Quote :
South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney is dealing with bone spurs in his right foot. Analysis: Clowney previously planned to have a clean-up surgery following the college season, but opted against it when his foot responded well to rest and rehab. "It just depends on what the teams want, that get me in the draft," said Clowney. "They want me to get it, I'll get it. If they don't, it shouldn't bother me." Clowney has promised "amazing" Scouting Combine test numbers.

This warms my heart. So many top prospects opt out of the combine but Clowney himself is going to put up or shut up. I love it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Texans

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 pm

this was pretty much expected right???

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

So, he is going to be a OLB in the 3-4 I would assume... That makes him less appealing to me as an IDP target...

Sucks, two of the top DE's (Clowney and Ford) are now slated to become OLB's in 3-4 DE's...  vote no 

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri May 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Exactly Chris. Makes it harder. Would have liked to have seen his value as an IDP target if he went to a traditional 4-3 defense.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 pm

What I'm reading is they expect him to "initially" be an OLB. That is a Rick Smith quote.

Everyone is saying he needs a little more weight to be a DE. They expect him to gain it and be there in a year or so.

I really wondered why you would take someone 1.01 that was not going to exactly fit your scheme and be more situational. This makes more sense if they really believe he can add a few pounds and still be as effective as he is.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:22 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2137578-br-exclusive-texans-jadeveon-clowney-quizzed-on-nfl-and-pop-culture-trivia

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Couldn't finish it...didn't look like practice to me.  Neutral 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Out the rest of the game with a knee injury.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Well, to echo Ian...

#FML

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Torn meniscus. 4-6 weeks. Surgery coming.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:26 am

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline has heard from a "number of people" that there is "serious concern" about Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney's surgically repaired knee.

Pauline cites "numerous sources, including those close to the Texans" when cautioning to "not expect much" from Clowney in 2015. "He may struggle to ever regain full health from the microfracture surgery," Pauline writes. As of late January, Clowney could bear no weight on his knee. He also had the knee scoped before his microfracture, in addition to sports hernia surgery last June. Clowney appeared in only four games as a rookie.

Never liked this kid. So glad I wasnt in an IDP league to be tempted to take him. I will never trade for him in any league I am in.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:16 pm

If this kid does get healthy he needs to go back to DE. Enough with this OLB shit

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
If this kid does get healthy he needs to go back to DE. Enough with this OLB shit

True! I hate how a lot of these NFL teams draft these players and then move them out of their comfort zone. I mean the dude is a true DE, so leave him there and watch him tear up the defensive front.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:45 am

Clowney is lazy ----takes plays off more than the rest of his team.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:51 am

Yeah, may end up a wasted Pick.

More for the Texans than me!!!!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 am

I believe Brian and I own Clowney too for multiple years. doh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:06 am

You can't make this shit up.

Quote :
Plagued by injuries during his initial year in the NFL, Jadeveon Clowney can add another one to the list which already includes hernia surgery, a concussion, and eventually a knee injury requiring microfracture surgery.

SportsRadio 610 has learned that Clowney was bitten by teammate D.J. Swearinger’s pit bull last week. Police records obtained describe a bite to Clowney’s right arm that sent him to a Pearland emergency room.

Swearinger’s dog broke the skin on the right arm of Clowney with the bite according to the report. Further investigation by the agency indicated the dog’s vaccinations are good until early April.
The bite was characterized to SportsRadio 610 by a member of the Pearland police department as a “minor bite” and no further medical information on Clowney was noted in the report.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 am

Poor pup........that's who I am worried about.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:15 am

mock Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:49 am

Quote :
Houston Texans DE Jadeveon Clowney (knee) is expected to be ready for the start of the regular season, according to head coach Bill O'Brien.

So does he redeem himself at all this season?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:04 pm

The Houston Chronicle reports Jadeveon Clowney is sidelined with "minor soreness" in his knee.
Quote :
There haven't really been any "minor" issues with Clowney to this point in his career, but the Texans don't seem concerned for now. Per reporter Aaron Wilson, Clowney could resume practicing "as soon as next week."

Missed 15 games and has 4.5 in his first 2 years. If he misses more this year or doesn't have double digits is it safe to put him in the bust category for the time being? Or is he already there because of where he was drafted?

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:50 pm

It doesn't matter where you put him, bust!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:22 pm

S.U.C.K sucks, sucks, sucks

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU   

Back to top Go down

Jadeveon Clowney DE HOU
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum