x

Share | 

Tony Romo QB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 pm

lmao

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:27 am

Quote :
The Dallas Cowboys will not be able to use their franchise tag on QB Tony Romo next offseason if they do not sign him to a contract extension. Romo has three years left on his current contract, but the final two years of the contract would void if he is on the roster by the end of the 2013 league year. The team would not be able to place the tag on him because the end of the league year comes after the deadline to use franchise tags.

Analysis: With Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan expected to receive new deals soon, Romo could be next in line with decision time looming for the Cowboys.

Very interesting.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Quote :

Cowboys signed QB Tony Romo to a six-year, $108 million extension through 2019, including $55 million guaranteed.
Romo is 33, so the six-year extension locks him in through his age-39 season. Still a top-ten (regular season) quarterback, Romo is coming off career highs in attempts (648) and passing yards (4,903), although he led the NFL in interceptions (19) and absorbed 36 sacks to tie a career high. For Romo's part, he's been a top-nine fantasy quarterback in each of his last five healthy seasons. Romo's record over the past three years is 17-21. Even if "wins" are no way to measure quarterback performance, Romo hasn't taken Dallas to the playoffs since 2009 and has just one career playoff win. We like the extension for the fantasy values of Romo, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Jason Witten. The price is fine -- $18 million per year -- but it's not necessarily a deal that will pay dividends for the future of Jerry Jones' franchise. The $55 million guaranteed surpasses Joe Flacco's $52 million, but comes up $5 million shy of Drew Brees' league-record $60 million guaranteed.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 am

Here are Romo's and "another" Dallas QB's stats.

Games: 165 Comp: 2898 Atts: 4715 Comp%: 61.5 Yards: 32,942
TD's: 165 INT's: 141 Rate: 81.6

Games: 115 Comp: 2097 Atts: 3240 Comp%: 64.7Yards: 25,737
TD's: 177 INT's: 91 Rate: 95.6

Yeah, it's Aikman.

Sorry, Romo may not be the greatest ever, but the man has not played all that poorly. The Cowboys issues are not his alone to bear. He doesn't have Emmitt Smith or Michael Irvin or the entire team that surrounded Aikman. Jerry Jones has screwed his Cap so bad, they can't sign a decent player. Everyone blames him, they just won't face the facts. Jones is the real problem in Dallas. Yeah, he choked a couple of times, but sorry, I saw Peyton do that against the Saints in a Super Bowl.

I think if they could get him an O line, A WR that isn't a head case and knows his route when he leaves the huddle, a consistent running game, maybe he could get to the SB. I don't think it will ever happen, they just can't solve one of those issues, let alone all of them.

Oh and by the way......

Right now.............

Romo is #5 in all-time QB rating. #5. Not bad company to be in.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 am

Bob has a bit of a man crush.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

LOL, not really, I just think the guy gets a really bad rap. Do I think he's Brady, Peyton or Brees? Nope, but he's also better than 2/3 of the QB's playing right now.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

LOL, not really, I just think the guy gets a really bad rap. Do I think he's Brady, Peyton or Brees? Nope, but he's also better than 2/3 of the QB's playing right now.

:agreed2:

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue May 14, 2013 6:09 pm

(Rotoworld) Owner/GM Jerry Jones said the coaches claim Tony Romo has "never had a bad idea." Analysis: The Cowboys are giving Romo some swag when it comes to personnel and play-calling this season. "What we want to use more than we ever have, is the kind of thing that (Roger) Staubach contributed on the field," Jones said. "Real input into designing a plan that helps beat that opponent

Jerry Jones is retarded

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

Quote :
DALLAS—Entering his 11th season with the franchise, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo reportedly noticed the star on the Cowboys helmet for the first time Tuesday, excitedly pointing out the logo to his teammates and coaches. “Whoa, look at that, it’s a star like the kind they have in the sky,” said Romo, who acknowledged that he couldn’t see the star on his helmet while wearing the protective equipment. “Wait a second, is there one on the other side? Or is that the same star and it just jumps back and forth? There’s so much stuff you don’t ever see unless you look really close. There’s all these letter things on the back of our jerseys, and mine has an upside-down six.” Romo also told reporters that the star appeared similar to “the one in the middle of the field” that he had found last week.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Well......................

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just shoot me......

Please

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:38 pm

The Eagles looked like a juicy opponent, especially at home. I can't believe Romo played so poorly.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Quote :
Jerry Jones is operating under the assumption Tony Romo has a five-year window left. Analysis: Romo will turn 35 in April, has had back surgeries in each of the previous two offseasons and fractured his back during Week 8 of last year. Of course, Jerry is going to be optimistic with his franchise quarterback. The Cowboys have not invested at all in developing quarterback talent behind Romo, who has only missed two games in the last four seasons.

I honestly thought Romo was 31-32. Didn't realize he was turning 35 already. I think 5 more years may be a little optimistic with his back problems but time will tell.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:44 am

I give Romo till he is 38 years old to be done. He is still a decent QB, he just needs to show up more in big games.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Well, until HIS Wal-Mart video comes out.........................

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Broken collarbone.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 am

Weedon looked good in that little snapshot, going 7-7 for 73yds and a TD but we all know he's not up to it.

The Cowboys are 2-0 so d they trade for someone? Would seem sensible to me. Glennon maybe?

shrug

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 am

England Dragons wrote:
Weedon looked good in that little snapshot, going 7-7 for 73yds and a TD but we all know he's not up to it.

The Cowboys are 2-0 so d they trade for someone? Would seem sensible to me. Glennon maybe?

shrug  

They are not gonna trade for someone, cause there is not anything worth trading for and bringing up to speed.
BTW, Glennon is as big of a turd if not bigger than Weedon, so what is the point of that lateral or reversal move anyhow? That would be like flying to Amsterdam to hit the red light whore houses and finding they are all busy and filled, so you pull a Johnny Drama and rub one out to a Maxim Mag and fly back home. Just don't make sense, man.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:09 am

Own him and Dez in 3 of my 5 leagues.... Could be a fun year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:25 am

I have Romo in another league, and losing him really hurts my team  sad3 .

I don't think he is going to return until really late in the year.  When Rodgers broke his he was out most of the season.  But Rodgers is a quick healer compared to Romo, so Romo might not be back the rest of the year

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 am

Did you just say Rodgers is a quick healer? Lol

How do you heal quicker than others?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Headed to short term IR.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

They are not gonna trade for someone, cause there is not anything worth trading for and bringing up to speed.  

You, my friend, forgot about the immortal Matt Cassel.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 pm

New England Nineties wrote:

You, my friend, forgot about the immortal Matt Cassel.

doh ... I dunno whether to start printing playoff tickets, or handing the season ticket fans back a refund, I'm soooo confused. confused

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Cowboys trainwreck will be fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:32 am

England Dragons wrote:

shrug  

BTW, Glennon is as big of a turd if not bigger than Weedon, so what is the point of that lateral or reversal move anyhow?  That would be like flying to Amsterdam to hit the red light whore houses and finding they are all busy and filled, so you pull a Johnny Drama and rub one out to a Maxim Mag and fly back home.  Just don't make sense, man.  

shrug

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:20 am

Man, Brett Hundley would have been better than Cassel.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 am

I don't know why you guys are acting like they traded for Cassel to start him. They needed a QB behind Weeden, just in case. Otherwise you're one play away from having McFadden at QB and as bad as Cassel is he's better than that.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I don't know why you guys are acting like they traded for Cassel to start him.  They needed a QB behind Weeden, just in case.  Otherwise you're one play away from having McFadden at QB and as bad as Cassel is he's better than that.  

I wasn't thinking that at all. I actually think if Weeden limits mistakes they will win most of their games under his time. In the next 8 weeks they can beat the Dolphins, Bucs, Eagles, Giants, and Saints possibly.

I have just never been a big Cassel fan and with giving up a 5th for him and paying him $2 million seems like a bad move.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Ed Werder reports Tony Romo's fractured left collarbone has "healed," and Romo "will play" Sunday against the Dolphins.

Romo should be activated from the Cowboys' injured reserve-designated for return list by late in the week. In his only full game so far this season -- Week 1 against the Giants -- Romo went 36-of-45 passing for 356 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions. He'll be an immediate fantasy QB1 against the Dolphins. Romo's return is great news for all of Dallas' offense.

He's baaaaaaaaack! Bump up Dez, bump up Witten, hell, even bump up DMC. But most importantly bump me up in 3 of my leagues.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 pm

And whether you own him in fantasy or not, Dallas games may be bearable to watch again!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
And whether you own him in fantasy or not, Dallas games may be bearable to watch again!

Exactly. I don't like the Cowboys, but their games are always fun and impact fantasy with Romo.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:47 am

Quote :
Tony Romo of Dallas Cowboys out for season with fractured collarbone

I think this is the first time we've seen a player IR-R then return then go on IR.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:29 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Tony Romo of Dallas Cowboys out for season with fractured collarbone

I think this is the first time we've seen a player IR-R then return then go on IR.  

Wish the Cowboys would put him on IR....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Quote :
Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones expects Tony Romo to remain the team's starter 4-5 more years.

"I think if you look at his playing time, if you look at the years he has actually played, he started late," ol' Jer rationalized. "He really has excellent skill relative to where his skill-set began, what his skill-set is. He's got the relative skills. More important to anything, from a mental standpoint, and from the things that also mean so much at quarterback, he's at the top of the list. So I think four to five years." There is some sense somewhere inside that statement, but it completely ignores the fact that Romo continues to show signs of breakdown as he goes on 36. The Cowboys should definitely be planning for the future this offseason. Realistically, Romo might have 1-2 more elite years left.

Oh Jerry. I don't know what to think about this. Thoughts on if you don't play those years if you can play longer?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:42 am

Officially placed on IR.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:10 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Officially placed on IR.

Cowgirls finally waiving the white flag this season? laughing

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 pm

It appears he only lasted 3 snaps before tweaking his back.  Apparently it was nothing and he pleaded to get back into the game.  Hmmm.....how long will that body hold up?  Are there any over/under game numbers out there?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Romo is a china doll and it is only a matter of time before we get to see Prescott in some regular season action...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
It appears he only lasted 3 snaps before tweaking his back.  Apparently it was nothing and he pleaded to get back into the game.  Hmmm.....how long will that body hold up?  Are there any over/under game numbers out there?

Watched the entire first half...This did not look good, as I've seen that "pained" expression on his face before. He did ask to go back in, and looked to be feeling better as I watch him leave for halftime. I'm a buyer of Dak wherever I can still get him, and think he will be starting sooner rather than later.

Quote :
Tony Romo left the Cowboys' third preseason game with a back injury.
Romo's back was bent awkwardly at the end of a short scramble, and he appeared to be in a ton of pain on the ground. On the sideline, Romo stretched out his back and quickly looked to be asking to reenter, keeping his helmet on. We will update when more info becomes available, but Romo may have just gotten a scare. He has undergone two career back surgeries

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Romo is a china doll and it is only a matter of time before we get to see Prescott in some regular season action...

lol3

Great minds...(Both posted at 9:27) wink

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 pm

If Romo lasts 4 game into the season I will be some what amazed. This dude could blow out an collar bone brushing his teeth or wiping his ass one morning. Let alone getting fallen on by 300 pound Ends and Tackles and taking hits from blitzing LB's. This is why I walked from him in the RW and let him go for zippity doo dah, and went and paid a pretty penny for my new shiny Carr. The one league I still have Romo I drafted Dak as insurance.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 am

I wish Romo would play 1 whole season! I know Dez wishes he would as well. Romo can be such a good fantasy QB, but this dude is always hurt.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Romo is a weak sissy injury attraction.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Money well spent of a FA....

Mad

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Just in ... 2:42 Pm eastern Saturday ...

Romo has a broken bone in his back.

SAWFT!!! ... wink

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Just in ... 2:42 Pm eastern Saturday ...

Romo has a broken bone in his back.

SAWFT!!! ... wink

Yup...Knew I'd seen that look before. photo

Quote :
Profootballtalk.com reports the Cowboys anticipate Tony Romo (back) missing 6-10 weeks.
Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, PFT's Mike Florio reports Romo would "in a best case scenario" return in Week 5 against the Bengals. So rookie Dak Prescott is set up to make at least four starts, if not more depending on the pace of 36-year-old Romo's recovery. Although Prescott has played well this preseason, losing Romo is a touchdown-projection blow to the rest of Dallas' skill-position players, including Dez Bryant and Ezekiel Elliott. At least in the case of Elliott, he should be saddled up for a mammoth workload.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:01 pm

That's a hit for all Cowboys in my eyes. Stack that box.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo QB RET   

Back to top Go down

Tony Romo QB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: