x

Share | 

Christine Michael RB IND

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 am

I noticed Christine did a great job on both the 40 a and weights... Will the team that drafts Christine need to build a separate locker room for her or have her showerwith the man?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Laughing He's actually a pretty good sleeper candidate, while he didn't get a lot of work last season he's got good skills with minimal wear and tear so far...
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Quote :
NFL.com's Gil Brandt reports Texas A&M RB Christine Michael missed two team interviews at the Combine after oversleeping.
Truly inexplicable. Michael put on a show in Indy, posting a 43-inch vertical leap, 4.54 40-yard dash, 10-foot-5 broad jump and 27 reps on the bench press. But he spent his senior year deep in coach Kevin Sumlin's doghouse, and is sorely lacking in maturity. He has talent worth gambling on, but teams are unlikely to do so before day three.

Well that's no good.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
NFL.com's Gil Brandt reports Texas A&M RB Christine Michael missed two team interviews at the Combine after oversleeping.
Truly inexplicable. Michael put on a show in Indy, posting a 43-inch vertical leap, 4.54 40-yard dash, 10-foot-5 broad jump and 27 reps on the bench press. But he spent his senior year deep in coach Kevin Sumlin's doghouse, and is sorely lacking in maturity. He has talent worth gambling on, but teams are unlikely to do so before day three.

Well that's no good.

Hey come on we have all been there!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Yup. Been late many of times.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Yeah thats a bummer, its definitely an immature thing to do but I wouldn't consider it a character issue...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

I can safely say that I've never been late to an NFL interview. Laughing

There's some things you just need to have your shit together for. This is one of them.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
I can safely say that I've never been late to an NFL interview. Laughing

There's some things you just need to have your shit together for. This is one of them.

amen. Big red flag for me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm

A BPA pick IMO. I guess Turbin is droppable now.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:45 pm

That pick is a real headscratcher, why back up a fairly young Marshawn Lynch with two more young guys. Its a bad spot for Michael to land in terms of playing time...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:51 pm

I didn't really understand this one either.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 pm

This is a nice kick in the balls to the fantasy community.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah, no kidding... I thought Michael could do great in the right situation... this is definitely NOT the right situation!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 am

Yeah this pick definitely confused me

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 am

Horrible spot... Just don't get it

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Quote :
Seattle Seahawks RB Christine Michael posted 89 yards on 16 carries in the team's preseason opener against the San Diego Chargers Thursday, Aug. 8. He appears to get stronger as the game went on, and head coach Pete Carroll said he wanted to make sure to get Christine into a rhythm. "We weren't going to get frustrated with what happened early, and just keep sticking to it," Carroll said. "He bounced the ball well outside on his long run - had a couple of nice runs. He's got a long way to go, but he ran hard, looked quick and made some guys miss. So I think it's a very good first game for him."
He was pretty damn impressive.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 pm

He looked pretty good, I wasn't overly impressed outside a couple of good runs. They didn't give him as many carries but I thought Spencer Ware looked even better, explosive and tough. I am so disappointed that Ware ended up with the Seahawks and is slated to play FB... I had him as my #5 RB heading into the draft, I think he is much more talented than guys like Leveon Bell or Montee Ball, I would have loved to see him get the opportunities those guys are getting...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:46 pm

With the recent Marshawn signing @ 3 years obviously cuts into CMikes playing time. If he was any good why wouldnt he get more touches at least?

Why dont they trade him if he is so good? I ask my questions because I feel like he is talented only to some of us fantasy owners with hope.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:08 pm

I have never understood the attention and love that Christine Michael got from the fantasy community, he certainly never earned it 'on the field' scoring 'real fantasy points'...

Not only did Seattle make the effort to re-sign Lynch signaling it is not Michael's turn yet, there is the little fact that Michael has still never moved past Turbin as the primary backup for the Hawks in either of the last two seasons... I think that is more telling of what the Seahawks think of him, regardless of whether Lynch was re-signed or not...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Who?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Are we supposed to feel bad for Seattle's third string running back? Lol

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I have never understood the attention and love that Christine Michael got from the fantasy community,   he certainly never earned it 'on the field'  scoring 'real fantasy points'...

Not only did Seattle make the effort to re-sign Lynch signaling it is not Michael's turn yet,   there is the little fact that Michael has still never moved past Turbin as the primary backup for the Hawks in either of the last two seasons... I think that is more telling of what the Seahawks think of him, regardless of whether Lynch was re-signed or not...  

Clearly he has been overhyped
However Lynch's re-signing says more about Lynch been the main reason the offense has survived and clear acknowledgement that with him they have the best shot to reach the SB again. It says very little about the other RBs imho

Also what does "backup" to a 300 carry guy mean anyway? Its the guy who gets 3rd down duties and that kind of thing and doesn't tell us much about how carries (esp 1st, 2nd D, GL etc) would shake out if Lynch isn't there. I.e. the role is different

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I have never understood the attention and love that Christine Michael got from the fantasy community,   he certainly never earned it 'on the field'  scoring 'real fantasy points'...

Not only did Seattle make the effort to re-sign Lynch signaling it is not Michael's turn yet,   there is the little fact that Michael has still never moved past Turbin as the primary backup for the Hawks in either of the last two seasons... I think that is more telling of what the Seahawks think of him, regardless of whether Lynch was re-signed or not...  

Clearly he has been overhyped
However Lynch's re-signing says more about Lynch been the main reason the offense has survived and clear acknowledgement that with him they have the best shot to reach the SB again. It says very little about the other RBs imho

Also what does "backup" to a 300 carry guy mean anyway? Its the guy who gets 3rd down duties and that kind of thing and doesn't tell us much about how carries (esp 1st, 2nd D, GL etc) would shake out if Lynch isn't there. I.e. the role is different

I agree with you that SEA re-signing Lynch is an acknowledgement that they believe he gives them the best shot at the Superbowl, but I think that also pretty clearly says that they do not have that same belief with either Turbin or Michael, I think that says quite a lot, which is the opposite of very little...

Turbin was almost always the guy to come in on early downs when Lynch was taking a breather last year. Also, the team's official depth charts have always had Turbin at #2 and Michael #3... and finally, Turbin got 74 carries last season and Michael got 34... No guarantees but I think there is a lot of evidence already their telling us how carries would shake out without Lynch...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:13 pm

I am just really glad I traded this guy before this all happened. I was never high on him either, just another overhyped young RB. I mean he looked good at times, but not enough to warrant all the hype he was receiving.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 am

Rotoworld wrote:
ESPN Seahawks reporter Terry Blount believes Christine Michael is on the roster bubble. Analysis: He'll be fighting undrafted rookie Thomas Rawls for the final running back spot. The 24-year-old has logged just 52 carries since entering the league in 2013. Getting out of Seattle might be the best thing for him. Michael is never going to see much playing time behind mainstays Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin.

ROTFLMAO

All the love this guy has produced and the guy is fighting for a spot on the roster. This is great.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 am

Never owned him anywhere. Very much enjoyed watching people freak out about him over the last few years as I own Lynch in several leagues

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:40 am

If he does get let go it will give the CMike owners even more hope. I just dont know if it is hopeless hope or a new change of scenery makes his value rise.

If Ingram or Stewart become RB1s this year they are really no different than CMike. All have just been waiting for their time. It seems like Ingram and Stewart are headed down a road with more carries so if CMike gets traded he could be too.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
If he does get let go it will give the CMike owners even more hope.  I just dont know if it is hopeless hope or a new change of scenery makes his value rise.

If Ingram or Stewart become RB1s this year they are really no different than CMike. All have just been waiting for their time.  It seems like Ingram and Stewart are headed down a road with more carries so if CMike gets traded he could be too.

Ingram and Stewart have been decent backs their entire career. Michael has never done anything. Ever.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
If he does get let go it will give the CMike owners even more hope.  I just dont know if it is hopeless hope or a new change of scenery makes his value rise.

If Ingram or Stewart become RB1s this year they are really no different than CMike. All have just been waiting for their time.  It seems like Ingram and Stewart are headed down a road with more carries so if CMike gets traded he could be too.

Ingram and Stewart have been decent backs their entire career. Michael has never done anything. Ever.

They have? Maybe Stewart has been good when healthy I will give you that, but that is so few weeks per year I dont trust him.

Ingram couldnt even beat out Pierre Thomas in my mind and RBush......so to me he isnt showing signs of entire career goodness.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:35 pm

If Michaels doesn't make the roster it will be because he was beat out by and undrafted FA rookie (Thomas Rawls), and I don't see that could be a good thing for him, in any way shape or form.

Michaels has been extremely overrated and has managed to accomplish absolutely nothing so far in the NFL...

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:32 pm

So much for all that Michaels hype....

mock

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:05 am

Glad I traded this guy when I took over this team!!  I knew he was going to be garbage anyway, so had to make a deal early before the word was out

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:58 pm

The hype train has left the station.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Glad I traded this guy when I took over this team!!  I knew he was going to be garbage anyway, so had to make a deal early before the word was out

I still own CMike a couple places but did trade him for Martellus Bennett TE Chi this off season.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:22 am

I still own CMike a couple places but did trade him for Martellus Bennett TE Chi this off season.

Wow???  Somebody actually traded Bennett to you for CMike?!?!  That is a Grand Slam for you!  Bennett is a really good fantasy TE.

Nice job  vote yes

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Huge win for you there. vote yes

Be interesting to see where he lands if they do cut or trade him, which would surprise me. They invested a decent amount in him and would get little to nothing back at this point.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Maybe they will feature him in preseason and make a team weak in RB.......drool (lol)

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:29 pm

I think puke is more likely than drool.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Quote :
(ROTOWORLD)Seahawks UDFA RB THOMAS RAWLS has emerged as the rookie the coaches love.
Analysis: Per ESPN, coach Pete Carroll "loves RawlsÂ’ toughness, seeing him as a bruising runner similar to (Marshawn) Lynch." It's the same things we saw on Rawls as he ran extremely physical, aggressive and angry at Central Michigan. There's speculation he could push Christine Michael off the roster in Seattle, meaning he needs to be on deeper Dynasty benches. Lynch is 29 years old and Robert Turbin is ticketed for 2016 free agency.

Maybe its coach speak, but Rawls is getting the love while Christine has virtually disappeared... Interesting...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Carroll loves to spew the bull, always has. Could be just to motivate, but either way it's Crowded in Seattle now...I have CM cheap in a few leagues, and consider him a hold until things shake out. If you don't like the talent, he may make his way to a decent team, and be good trade bait.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:01 am

Yeah, CM is a hold. I firmly believe Lynch is fine after this year. Now whether CM is the guy is yet to be seen, and whether he can handle a full time workload in a running program is another.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:27 am

Whether he can be a game day active has yet to be seen, lol.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Whether he can be a game day active has yet to be seen, lol.

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:54 am

MALOSOS wrote:
I have CM cheap in a few leagues, and consider him a hold until things shake out.  

I have a feeling he's gonna be a hold his whole career....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:27 pm

How did CM gain so much value? and how has he kept it? All he has been since entering the league is a 3rd string RB who barely touches the ball and has not flashed anything special when he has gotten chances. Now he may be on the roster bubble behind an undrafted FA...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:32 pm

How did CM gain so much value?  and how has he kept it?   All he has been since entering the league is a 3rd string RB who barely touches the ball and has not flashed anything special when he has gotten chances.    Now he may be on the roster bubble behind an undrafted FA...

Blame Michael Turner.  I think a lot of owners envisions this type of payoff and have jacked CM's value on a similar outcome.  

2 years ago best case scenario he becomes a lead back for Seattle who are a power run team, worst case scenario after 4 years of doing back up duties he hits free agency, signs with a new team, and marches off to glory as a lead back cranking out 1000 yards seasons.

Will either option happen? Seems unlikely at this point, but hope is still free and some owners will cling to it.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:40 pm

How did CM gain so much value?  and how has he kept it?   All he has been since entering the league is a 3rd string RB who barely touches the ball and has not flashed anything special when he has gotten chances.    Now he may be on the roster bubble behind an undrafted FA...

Lynch will never let him get a chance. People keep thinking he will go away and CM will be a monster in his shoes in an offense that is wonderful for a RB, but I am not sure it will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Lynch will never let him get a chance. People keep thinking he will go away and CM will be a monster in his shoes in an offense that is wonderful for a RB, but I am not sure it will ever happen.

Can't blame it all on Lynch when CM has never even been able to unseat Turbin for the primary backup role... And what has CM ever done to make anyone think he would be a monster even if he got his chance? He has been all hype, and it has been unwarranted hype to boot...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Can't blame it all on Lynch when CM has never even been able to unseat Turbin for the primary backup role...   And what has CM ever done to make anyone think he would be a monster even if he got his chance?   He has been all hype,   and it has been unwarranted hype to boot...

Well that is the general feeling. People were high on him because he was solid in college and he has averaged 4.9YPC in the big leagues in LIMITED opportunity. But then again Turbin has averaged 4.0YPC in 3 times as many attempts over the last two years.
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 am

He always had a bit of hype but was still going late 1st/early 2nd in rookie drafts. I think that the hype really got crazy in his rookie preseason. He had one really good game against the Packers but half his yards came on a 43-yard run. He also had a decent game against the Chargers. I think that the flash of potential, along with the thought that anyone can run behind Seattle's line and Lynch is getting older made everyone think that they had the next Shaun Alexander. It's really not that much different than the Kniles Davis situation although Kniles did put up some decent regular season numbers last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christine Michael RB IND   

Back to top Go down

Christine Michael RB IND
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: