x

Share | 

Johnathan Franklin RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Quote :
Franklin ran the fourth-fastest 40 time of any running back at the combine, posting a respectable time of 4.49 seconds.

Before the combine, he was considered to be a terrific prospect who could excel in a zone-blocking, one-cut scheme, though scouts wondered if he had enough speed to break off big gains.

As a senior at UCLA last year, Franklin piled up 1,734 yards and 13 touchdowns on just 283 carries (6.1 yards per carry), and caught 33 passes for 323 yards and three touchdowns.

That kind of productivity combined with his speed will surely lead to a surge in draft stock. Franklin should get picked up in the late-second round or in the third round.

Another one to watch that could be very productive in the right situation.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Quote :
CBS' Jason La Canfora expects UCLA RB Johnathan Franklin to be the first running back drafted. Analysis: Eddie Lacy's mediocre pre-draft workout and sluggish 40-yard dash times have his stock slipping. Franklin was extremely productive at UCLA, ripping off 1,734 rushing yards on 282 carries (6.14 YPC) with 13 touchdowns and adding 33 catches for 323 yards with two more scores. At 5'10/205, he was clocked at 4.49 at the Combine. La Canfora says the Jets and Steelers are among the teams looking at Franklin.

He could very well be.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 pm

I think Lacy and the kid from NC go first but Franklin may be more productive.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 pm

At this point, for me what will end up differentiating Lacy, Bernard and Franklin will be their landing spot in the NFL... I view those three basically as 1A, 1B and 1C. Should be interesting, we will know in less than a week!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Oh boy.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:43 pm

What is absolutely great for Green Bay, is just terrible for fantasy football! Can't trust either Lacy or Franklin enough to use the 1st pick on them at this point. Might have to start looking at WRs at this point!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 am

Quote :
(Rotoworld)The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says rookie Johnathan Franklin's game "hasn't fit well in the NFL" through two preseason games and training camp.
Analysis: Per beat writer Bob McGinn, Franklin "can't get out of neutral" as his 2.56 YPC average in the preseason suggests. "He looks like his numbers," a personnel man said. "He's not a real impressive guy. He plays small, and he doesn't play fast. ... If you didn't know he was a draft pick, you'd think he was a free agent." Franklin has been "only adequate" in pass protection, and struggled on kick returns. He may open his rookie year without a role on offense.
Wow, those are some scathing remarks by one of the teams personnel men! I am a bit surprised, I really liked Franklins game coming out of college. But forget competing with Lacy right now, this young man may be fighting for a roster spot...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 am

What sucks is that in any league I took Lacy in I felt compelled to grab Franklin as well... just in case. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 am

Yeah me too... The only league I took Lacy and didn't get Franklin was here in Roster Wars. But I got Lacy at 1.07 after taking Gio Bernard at 1.01, so I feel good about it... Its just preseason, but I am liking what I am seeing from Lacy and Gio right now...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 pm

In the only league I got Franklin and not Lacy I just dumped him for Greg Olsen.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm surprised to hear that.. I thought Franklin's game would translate to the NFL quite well. This is a surprise to me.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky reports the team is "worried" second-year RB Johnathan Franklin's neck injury may be career-threatening.
Analysis: Frankling suffered a concussion and injured his neck on the opening kickoff in Week 12 and still hasn't fully recovered. He has yet to participate in any football activities this spring or summer. The Packers are putting Franklin through more tests to determine whether it's safe for him to continue playing. Green Bay has always been cautious with players who suffer neck injuries. Franklin rushed for 107 yards and one touchdown on 19 carries as a fourth-round rookie. His status for the start of training camp is obviously up in the air.

First I have heard of this, it doesn't sound too good though. Glad I didn't overpay to acquire him in any trades... and I am glad I picked up Starks as an RFA now, he should be the clear RB2 to handcuff with Lacy.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:00 pm

I stay on top of all the Green Bay stuff and they have been real quiet about Franklin, Thompson and McCarthy are extremely tight lipped about stuff like this.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:14 pm

If Franklin is unable to go DuJuan Harris will play a big role in the offense. They love the guy and he has shown flashes of being a good back.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Franklin's career in finished. That is too bad.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:58 pm

:sadbanana:

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Really a shame

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 pm

This is when the guarantees and insurance policies really mean something. I cant imagine how a kid who probably dreams his whole life of playing in NFL, makes it and then never plays.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 am

Packers back-up RB situation went from bad to emergency status. The back-ups are Starks and Harris, both can't make it through a season. Look for them to pick up a veteran for sure since they didn't draft one

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:51 am

I guess we'll find out, they have seven RBs on the roster including Franklin right now (and not including the FB)... They have second year guy Michael Hill and rookie Raijon Neal, both of which are guys I like and think they would be the likely candidates to win the #4 RB spot. Both of those kids are good young players and relatively cheap, I would be surprised if the Packers spent money bringing in another FA retread... especially when you consider that regardless of health, both Starks and Harris have shown the ability to be the lead guy if needed... all they need with a #4 RB is a body with enough talent to help out if needed. I think they already have that on their roster.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:17 am

Quote :
Updating previous reports, the Green Bay Packers cut RB Johnathan Franklin (neck) with a failed-physical designation

He's officially donezo in the NFL. Poor bastard.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:57 am

So, I finally sent in a support ticket to MFL for them to update the status of Franklin to FA since he is no longer a Packer and never should have been eligible for the IR and they finally got it updated... so now he can be dropped penalty free and is no longer eligible for IR which should have been the case several weeks ago...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnathan Franklin RB FA   

Back to top Go down

Johnathan Franklin RB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: