Thief River Unforgiven
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Empty
PostSubject: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm

Team Name - Yankdogfootball

Now for your introduction...we have a few suggestions but feel free to add whatever else to your intro you would like.  These questions are a good way to start though....

1 Who are you? Where do you live?
Hi all.  I go by yankdog.  Some of you may know me when I was active in dynasty leagues with some of you five or more years ago.  I used to live in the DC area but moved back to NE Ohio.  And I am very happy to dip my toe back in the waters of dyno leagues.  Very happy indeed.

2 Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted.
I play dynasty exclusively and have never been in a redraft league.  I know that sounds strange lol.  I usually don't do contract or IDP but am willing to try for sure.  I love rebuilds and taking over crappy teams, especially if the cost is discounted a few bucks for the first year but even that may not be necessary.  I enjoy the thrill of building something from nothing.

3 Why do you want to be part of Roster Wars...what drew your interest?
Coinflip got me involved in dynasty football around 2012 or so.  At that point I was only involved in my local dynasty league.  And when I decided to get back in the game a few weeks after having been asway for five years I contacted her again.  So Flip, thanks I owe you a lot.

4 How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?
On and off all day honestly.  I research a lot but then again I have to because I have been away so long.  A lot.  Hard to quantify.  

5 Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story.
For my final four years or so before I left I got involved with Ryan McDowell and other writers in some of their leagues (Siggy Bloom and other owners of note).  I had a blast.  I was in five of their leagues.  Very very competitive.  My last year I won 2 superbowls and came close in another.  Not bragging I'm not a natural at this so I work hard.  Others have a more natural ability to just get it.  My instincts on who to start are average at best.  Just a lot of hard work.

6 What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner?
They would say yankdog is active, communicates well, is humorous, and admits a mistake when he makes it.

7 Anything else you would like to add?
Yep.  I am a Steeler fan.  And I am genuinely happy to be here.  And I hope some of you remember me lol.

8 Are you joining in the hopes of becoming an owner or do you just want to hang around with us?
Both but this format is very new to me.  If you don't mind a guy who will make a lot of mistakes for a couple of years (and I mean a lot) with this new format I would consider joining.  I am in 3 leagues since returning.  Years ago I was up to 20 and that was too much lol.
Back to top Go down
Thief River Unforgiven

Thief River Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:54 pm

Hi Yank, Nice to have you! Take a look around, read the bylaws, find some interesting topics to take part in and then read the bylaws again! Lots to absorb!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigunf16
Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:18 pm

Glad you are here and checking out Roster Wars. If you like having fun playing fantasy football you have come to the right place!  high five

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigtre15
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Thief River Unforgiven wrote:
Hi Yank, Nice to have you! Take a look around, read the bylaws, find some interesting topics to take part in and then read the  bylaws again! Lots to absorb!

I agree lots to absorb. Already posted some. Challenge for me is some of the NSFW gifs lol. Not too bad but occasional. Thank you very much for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:32 pm

Welcome!!

Look around and hop into some threads!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Motor City Malachi Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

Welcome!

First Things First - Fields or Russell?

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmal19
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

Welcome aboard! Jump on in and make yourself at home. I would start with reading the bylaws, including the part about your user name. That will make a good impression with the president and onboarding committee!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:42 pm

Motor City Malachi Crunch wrote:
Welcome!

Well the one thing I am sure of is sure as heck ain't Kenny! Seriously, Russell in redraft. Fields in dynasty. Try to cuff Russ in redraft also but that is boring lol. As a fan, I think they'll make Fields into the guy. Now how much of the guy remains to be seen.

I do political type work so I gave you a non-committal answer lol. Honestly, it is too early.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Lake Counselors

Crystal Lake Counselors

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:42 pm

Welcome Yank!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigcou16
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:51 pm

Yankie.....I know you have joined RW to be part of the forum and talk with fanatics about the players and the NFL that are as interested as you are.

You do not necessarily have to read the bylaws if you intent is to be a friend. BUT I have hopes you would desire more at some point.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:53 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Yankie.....I know you have joined RW to be part of the forum and talk with fanatics about the players and the NFL that are as interested as you are.

You do not necessarily have to read the bylaws if you intent is to be a friend.  BUT I have hopes you would desire more at some point.

Hey! I am reading the by laws now. Lots to absorb. You and I have talked about this dynasty format. I would consider it for sure. Auction and IDP are new to me frankly.
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:00 pm

Welcome...glad you considered getting back into the fold of fantasy football. Great community of people here - jump into the discussion!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:02 pm

Maybe you should name yourself the Ohio Yankdogs so you follow our naming convention here .....or we can help you pick another one. One thing I know is RW is good at picking team names for "pink" teams.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:06 pm

Welcome!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:06 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Maybe you should name yourself the Ohio Yankdogs so you follow our naming convention here .....or we can help you pick another one.  One thing I know is RW is good at picking team names for "pink" teams.

Changed it. Think I am compliant now!
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Welcome! Hope to see you around.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Welcome sir yank

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:52 pm

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs wrote:
Motor City Malachi Crunch wrote:
Welcome!

Well the one thing I am sure of is sure as heck ain't Kenny!  Seriously, Russell in redraft.  Fields in dynasty.  Try to cuff Russ in redraft also but that is boring lol.  As a fan, I think they'll make Fields into the guy.  Now how much of the guy remains to be seen.

I do political type work so I gave you a non-committal answer lol.  Honestly, it is too early.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmal19
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:57 pm

Curious if anyone else is from my area. I am halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh in Ohio on the border with PA. Youngstown, Ohio.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigdef11
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 pm

Curious if anyone else is from my area.  I am halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh in Ohio on the border with PA.  Youngstown, Ohio.

Is a 26 hr drive and border cross close? shrug

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
Curious if anyone else is from my area.  I am halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh in Ohio on the border with PA.  Youngstown, Ohio.

Is a 26 hr drive and border cross close? shrug

Well I am from deep into WV originally and with those mountains it takes 26 hours to go to the grocery story lol.
Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars !

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Maybe you should name yourself the Ohio Yankdogs so you follow our naming convention here .....or we can help you pick another one.  One thing I know is RW is good at picking team names for "pink" teams.

Changed it.  Think I am compliant now!

Love it

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 7:48 pm

What's good, Yankdog! I remember you from the old days. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and back around. If you keep coming here, you'll get roped in. And that's a very good thing. You'll be happy you did.
high five

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigtig14
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
What's good, Yankdog! I remember you from the old days. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and back around. If you keep coming here, you'll get roped in. And that's a very good thing. You'll be happy you did.
high five

Shack! I remember you bro. It's good to be back among the living. Don't mind getting roped in. Looking for a good group of brothers and sisters to enjoy this game we love and compete
Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:15 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
high five

Shack!  I remember you bro.  It's good to be back among the living.  Don't mind getting roped in.  Looking for a good group of brothers and sisters to enjoy this game we love and compete

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Thats-us-cecily-strong

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigtig14
Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 10:30 pm

Welcome to our crib!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigfal14
Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 10:49 pm

Welcome.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigsla16
Back to top Go down
Gainesville Gators

Gainesville Gators

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 11:06 pm

Welcome Yankdog!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Siggat15
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 11:37 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars! Is yankdog your real name?

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 11:39 pm

Pacific Puffins wrote:

That's Mister Yank Dog to you

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 3:19 am

Welcome to Roster Wars !

Make yourself at home and have fun !

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 4:21 am

Pacific Puffins wrote:

It was my war game name years ago adopted to FF.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 7:03 am

Glad to have you here with us, man. I sent you an email.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 7:13 am

welcome! hope you settle in and enjoy it around here!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 7:59 am

welcome2

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 9:15 am

Welcome to the freakshow!

cheers

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 9:33 am

Welcome Yankdog!

I don't do any re drafts either. Not for me

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 am

Welcome, sir!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigvip16
Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:21 am

Howdy Daddy Yankee

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmun21
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:45 am

Michigan MungMen wrote:
Howdy Daddy Yankee

typo???

Daddy?

shrug

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:51 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Michigan MungMen wrote:
Howdy Daddy Yankee

typo???

Daddy?

shrug

Didn't catch that typo on his part. We don't know each other well enough for me to be called that....lol

Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:56 am

Corbin is just hip.

Gasolina.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:57 am

Michigan MungMen wrote:
Howdy Daddy Yankee

typo???

Daddy?

shrug

Didn't catch that typo on his part.  We don't know each other well enough for me to be called that....lol

For God Sakes.

Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:59 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Michigan MungMen wrote:
Howdy Daddy Yankee

typo???

Daddy?

shrug

Didn't catch that typo on his part.  We don't know each other well enough for me to be called that....lol

For God Sakes.

Definitely wasn't a typo.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigmun21
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 11:59 am

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats wrote:
Corbin is just hip.

Gasolina.

he's hip...

I'm old....

good video

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:01 pm

Michigan MungMen wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Michigan MungMen wrote:
Howdy Daddy Yankee

typo???

Daddy?

shrug

For God Sakes.

Definitely wasn't a typo.

This place may be more fun than I expected then

Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 4:45 pm

Welcome Yank.

Can't wait to see what the international folks come up with for nicknames.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigbli22
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 5:29 pm

Press F5 on this page to put a face to the name. fun dance

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 6:09 pm

Welcome to RW Yank.

It’s a fantastic place to hang out and an even better place to take part.

Hope you enjoy it here!

cheers

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: