Share | 

Marcus Lattimore RB SF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Quote :
Injured South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will announce his intention to apply for entry into the NFL draft, said people familiar with the decision.

One person said Monday that Lattimore is expected to announce his decision later this week. The person spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because there has not been an official statement regarding Lattimore's decision.

The running back suffered a horrific injury to his right knee against Tennessee on Oct. 27. Doctors say Lattimore had successful surgery to repair several ligaments on Nov. 2. It is unclear when he'll be able to return to the field.

Lattimore injured his left knee in 2011 as a sophomore. He rushed for 662 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, both team highs. He is South Carolina's career leader in both overall touchdowns with 41 and rushing scores with 38.

Lattimore did not immediately answer a text message or phone call from The AP. ESPN first reported Lattimore's intention to apply for entry into the NFL draft.

Lattimore had been South Carolina's primary offensive force the past three seasons, starting from the time he stepped on campus as a freshman in 2010.

He missed the final six games of 2011 after tearing a knee ligament at Mississippi State. Lattimore had surgery on the left knee and plunged himself into rehab, returning for summer workouts with his teammates in early June.

Lattimore showed few effects from the injury this season. He had three games with at least 100 yards rushing and appeared on the way to a fourth against the Vols when he was hurt again.

Lattimore rushed for 1,197 yards and 17 touchdowns in 13 games as a freshman. He helped the Gamecocks win the Southeastern Conference Eastern Division and play in the league title game, where they fell to Auburn 56-17.

Lattimore ends his South Carolina career sixth in rushing with 2,677 yards and had 11 games with 100 yards or more. He also had 74 catches for 767 yards and three touchdowns in his career.

The injury was one of the more gruesome I've seen. For those whom haven't seen it and would like to:

So he was arguably the best back in this draft class. Where do you pick a guy like this though? Both knees having sustained serious injuries which required surgery, obviously this the worse of the two.

Last edited by Jersey Legionnaires on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm

After seeing Willis McGahee go in the first round after what I thougth was the worst knee injury possible, I'm not sure Lattimore's stock is altered all that much.

McGahee probably went from a consensus Top 5 pick to the 23rd (IIRC) pick.

I think Lattimore was probably a late first early 2nd guy and I bet he's probably a 2nd/Early 3rd guy now.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Which team do you think rolls the dice?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm

a team who doesn't need him right away but who use their stud RB a LOT.. Baltimore or Seattle spring to mind. If someone wants to try right away, Indy? Lie-downs?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Baltimore has a solid back in Rice and Pierce looks pretty prime. I don't think he'll land there.

Seattle is a possibility. I do like Turbin but I'm not sure if he's a feature back and Lynch has sporadic back issues.

Other teams that are in full blown rebuild that I think would give him a look include:

Jets - McKnight, Powell, Greene. 'Nuff said. The team is a mess and really needs talent.

Arizona - Williams, Howlings, Beanie, Powell... is it their fault or the O-Line. They have no great talented back but their defense is solid and they might take a shot in the third.

Miami - If Bush leaves town I don't see anyone there now that can be a feature back.

Green Bay - This team is craving a ground game. You can hear it in both Rodgers and McCarthy. Could see them taking a shot too.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:25 am

I hope like hell that the Jets pick this guy up. I could live with one more year of Shon "stinky" Greene if I knew Lattimore would be the ground and pound back of the future.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Baltimore has a solid back in Rice and Pierce looks pretty prime. I don't think he'll land there.

Seattle is a possibility. I do like Turbin but I'm not sure if he's a feature back and Lynch has sporadic back issues.

Other teams that are in full blown rebuild that I think would give him a look include:

Jets - McKnight, Powell, Greene. 'Nuff said. The team is a mess and really needs talent.

Arizona - Williams, Howlings, Beanie, Powell... is it their fault or the O-Line. They have no great talented back but their defense is solid and they might take a shot in the third.

Miami - If Bush leaves town I don't see anyone there now that can be a feature back.

Green Bay - This team is craving a ground game. You can hear it in both Rodgers and McCarthy. Could see them taking a shot too.

Add in: Sanchez, Tebow, Holmes, good Lord the list is sooooo long. They need help at almost every Offensive position.

Means I'm not sure they draft a RB.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Add in: Sanchez, Tebow, Holmes, good Lord the list is sooooo long. They need help at almost every Offensive position.

Means I'm not sure they draft a RB.

I hear you. I could see them taking a shot in the 3rd/4th round though.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 pm

RB is the key to the success of what the Jets do. Ball control allows the gambling attacking defense to produce at a high level with reduced snaps. Tebow wont be there next year. Holmes will be bc his contract is too high.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Quote :
5'11" Height
32 1/2" Arm Length
221LBS. Weight
9 7/8"

His measurables are excellent. It sounds like both he and Dr. Andrews are hoping that he can play in 2013 at some point. I'm pulling for him personally. He seems very genuine and like a good guy.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL 32 that South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) stands little chance of playing football during his rookie season. Analysis: "The medicals on him are not great," said Mort. "Dr. (James) Andrews, who did the surgery, says it's one of the toughest surgeries he's ever had. ... You take Marcus Lattimore, you're taking him for 2014. Nobody wants to shoot down the inspiration for him, but the bottom line is it's going to be a long road." Expect Lattimore to be a middle- to late-round flier in April's draft.

I had no idea it was that bad.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah and five days ago he went on camera and said this:

Quote :
Orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews told ESPN's Stephania Bell in an interview at the NFL scouting combine that Lattimore is ahead of schedule with his rehabilitation and there's a possibility the running back could take the field in the fall.

"He can play if everything continues to go well," Andrews said. "He's ahead of the schedule for somebody with that type of injury."

On Tuesday, USA Today Sports reported that Lattimore was three months ahead on his rehab, according to Andrews.

Who the fuck knows?

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Rewatch the injury play and then tell me if you would draft him. No one in their right mind takes a chance on him. UFA at best in my opinion

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:47 pm

I agree James... when I saw that injury during the season, I was wondering whether this guy would even be able to walk again, let alone play football again. Huge risk.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Quote :
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) worked out for reps from all 32 teams on Wednesday, and the room "burst into applause when he was done." Analysis: It would appear the reports of Lattimore's miraculous recovery have not been exaggerated. He's still in a race against time to be ready for Week 1, but has "no doubt" he'll be ready some time in the first half of the season. Lattimore will be one of the more vexing conundrums for teams in April's draft. He's far from a lock to go before day three.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm

I do have to say.....

They all said the same thing about McGahee when he had his injury. While I can't call him top tier, he has had a very good career.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
I do have to say.....

They all said the same thing about McGahee when he had his injury. While I can't call him top tier, he has had a very good career.

I agree. I think Lattimore does very well for himself in the NFL. He's not in the NFL yet so I'm sure he's on any and every kind of growth hormone, deer antler spray, steroid cocktail to try and get healthy ASAP.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Jeez, that was a nasty injury...

I hope the kid makes it but I guess every time he gets hit you're gonna crap yourself...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:14 pm

I will definitely be rooting for the kid, absolutely, but I make it a point with my fantasy teams to not draft guys who's legs have ever been contorted in the unnatural shapes that is leg was! When I saw it, I honestly wondered if he would ever be able to walk normally again, let alone play football.... the next season!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 am

Quote :
Rotoworld)One NFL scout says South Carolina trainers are wary about whether Marcus Lattimore will make it back from his torn right ACL, PCL, and LCL.
Analysis: He also dislocated his right kneecap. Lattimore shredded so many pieces of his knee that we've had a hard time keeping track. He also tore his left ACL the year before. "I've had trainers tell me he's so far away," said the scout. "One told me he's not going to make it back ever. Others say he'll get back to a certain level. It's a tough repair and a tough rehab." We do think Lattimore will be play-ready by 2014, but are very skeptical he'll ever recapture pre-injuries form.

not good news

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:14 am

Pre-draft info is all worthless smoke and mirrors and filled with lies. I'm not saying that he'll make full recovery but this seems like an extreme exaggeration.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Pre-draft info is all worthless smoke and mirrors and filled with lies. I'm not saying that he'll make full recovery but this seems like an extreme exaggeration.

good post

Its all about distractions now.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:

I guess it would depend on your definition of "extreme". With all of the damage his knees have had in just 2 years, to even contemplate a full recovery and return to old form, to me, would almost be in the miraculous category. I'll be surprised if he gets drafted before the 5th or 6th rd.

There just is no lie in the facts of his injuries. THEY are extreme, especially for a RB.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 pm

As I said before, when I saw that injury happen I honestly wondered if he would ever be able to walk normally again... He may recover well enough to play in the NFL, but I have serious reservations about him ever being able to play up to the potential he flashed before the first knee injury. Maybe he can pull a "McGahee" and defy the odds but it would be a rare feat indeed!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 am

4th round at the earliest.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Exceptionally interesting landing spot.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Probably one of the best he could have hoped for honestly

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:59 pm

no pressure this year to play. Perfect spot for him.

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 am

Hope he stays decently healthy so we could see how he does

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 am

Gore/Hunter/James/Lattimore.

Anyone else see the problem, fantasy wise, here?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 am

gore is due 6.5 mil this year and next - they may try to go on with out him next year - just guessing

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 am

All depends on his price. I'm seeing him in top 10 rankings right now, post-draft. No thanks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:22 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Gore/Hunter/James/Lattimore.

Anyone else see the problem, fantasy wise, here?

Gore is older, not much time left on the team IMO. James is NOT a lead back. Home run hitter COP guy. That leaves Hunter/Lattimore. I haven't seen anything special out of Hunter that makes me think he's anything more than just a guy. If Lattimore returns to form he'll be the man IMHO. You'll have to probably wait two years to see it though.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:02 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if after Gore is gone, the 9ers just went to a full on 3 headed RBBC! That seems to be the way the NFL is heading and I am not sure Hunter, James or Lattimore with his shredded knees will ever fit the mold of being the "feature runner".

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:02 pm

I agree Chris. Lattimore is talented to be a lead back though. I think they give him a shot after gore is gone. But with his knee they may like the rbbc so they won't wear him out. Sf isn't stupid.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Quote :
San Francisco 49ers RB Marcus Lattimore (knee) said RB Frank Gore reached out to him when he was injured at the University of South Carolina, and now the two are teammates. Lattimore said Friday, June 28, that he is unlikely to be ready for training camp, although he has been doing sprints and working with the training staff. Lattimore indicated a midseason return could be possible. Analysis: No surprise or rush here as Lattimore was drafted with his down-the-road potential in mind.

Pulling for him!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 am

Quote :
Lattimore (knee) said Wednesday that a best-case scenario for his return would be Week 10 against the Panthers, NFL.com reports. Analysis: Lattimore has acknowledged that he will almost surely begin the season on the PUP list, but the 21-year-old is hoping to be ready to make his NFL debut following the team's bye week. Chances are, the 49ers won't ask a whole lot of Lattimore, who tore three ligaments and dislocated his knee last October, in his first year with the club, but they'll look to groom him to take over as No. 1 back for Frank Gore following the 2014 campaign.

Now that would be impressive.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:25 am

I wish they'd just IR him. Dont' even let him try to come back "early".. let him know now his schedule is '14.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I wish they'd just IR him.  Dont' even let him try to come back "early".. let him know now his schedule is '14.

All the rehab videos I've seen of him are really damned impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready to go by week 10. I have no problem with him seeing LIMITED action if he's cleared by medical professionals.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 am

Iwouls love to see him in some game action in the last few weeks of the season. lets see just how "healthy" he is.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Absolutely no reason for the 49ers to IR him. He's on the NFI list so doesn't count as a roster spot.
The only cost is missing the first 6 weeks of the season which he was going to miss anyway. After week 6, the 49ers have 8 more weeks before he will actually count as a roster spot so they might as well wait till then to IR him.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Fingers crossed for him. I hope they don't bring him back too fast - they have no need to rush him (pun intended) unless Gore goes down.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Quote :
49ers placed RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) on the reserve/NFI list. Analysis: Reserve/NFI works just like PUP, costing the player the first six games. In Lattimore and Mario Manningham (PUP, knee surgery), the 49ers will have two options to activate for in-season depth. Most signs point to Lattimore spending the entire year on NFI, but we wouldn't rule him out just yet. The Niners' minds could change if Lattimore progresses as scheduled and one of their current top-three running backs suffers an early-season injury.
That'd be something.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Quote :
Lattimore (knee) will spend this season on injured reserve, NFL.com reports. Analysis: Lattimore was always a long-shot to play in 2013 after the gruesome knee injury he suffered while playing for South Carolina last season. With a deep backfield, San Francisco is afforded the luxury of allowing Lattimore to use their training staff to rebuild his knee this season, in hopes of having an ultra-talented back on their hands when the rookie is healthy.
Very good move by the 9'ers.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:36 am

Not a big shocker here... I drafted Latti in two leagues, knowing full well he was a pick for next season.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:16 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Not a big shocker here... I drafted Latti in two leagues, knowing full well he was a pick for next season.
Ditto. I prefer it this way.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:30 am

See you next year!

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:02 pm

In my 8 man dynasty... theres a niners fan who wants lattimore for 1.04, i used a 2.07 on him last year. I'm seriously considering it although probably waiting until after the nfl draft. Most likely I would use the 1.04 on WR. Or clowney if hes still on the board. With 8 man, qb's are plentiful so no need to spend a premium. What 2014 rookies would u value over lattimore?
Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm

I wouldn't trade him...he will be a beast...

Back to top Go down
gridirongamer

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:08 pm

That's a tough one. Lattimore may be the future in SF but it's not a given due to his injury and durability problems. Plus, Gore probably has a year or two left as the lead back. I think I would take the 1.04 while the offer is on the table. This is a good draft and I think there are 3 or 4 future starting RBs as well as some really good receivers. There is bound to be a very good player available at #4.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Lattimore RB SF   

Back to top Go down

Marcus Lattimore RB SF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: