Share | 

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Quote :
Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix hinted that QB Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a franchise quarterback. 'Listen, we have said from day one, that we want to draft a good young quarterback' Nix said. 'I don't want to leave here without a franchise guy for the future in place. I have not said that before but I'm saying it now because its fact.

In other news the sun will come up tomorrow

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Quote :
Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix hinted that QB Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a franchise quarterback. 'Listen, we have said from day one, that we want to draft a good young quarterback' Nix said. 'I don't want to leave here without a franchise guy for the future in place. I have not said that before but I'm saying it now because its fact.

In other news the sun will come up tomorrow

I laughed my ass off when they gave him that big extension last year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Hearing he was just released. Whoa boy.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

The phones don't lie. GENO SMITH coming to town

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah seems pretty certain that Bills go QB now. I wonder how much interest Fitzy will get.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Signs two year deal with the Titans. Welcome back to clipboard duty, sir.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Quote :
Fitzpatrick agreed to a two-year contract with the Titans on Monday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Analysis: After wearing out his welcome in Buffalo, Fitzpatrick will head to Tennessee to join coach Mike Munchak and the Titans. Jake Locker, who underwent shoulder surgery earlier this year, is expected to be ready come June and will be the favorite to emerge from training camp with the starting job. However, Fitzpatrick will be waiting in the wings in case of an injury or slip-up.

Done deal!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB (kinda), HOU   Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:44 pm

So Fitzpatrick has won the starting QB job in Houston over rookie Tom Savage. WTF is the Houston doing? Fitzpatrick sucks and offers zero upside to their franchise. They know that he isn't their longtime solution at the position, so why not give the rookie the shot? Why not allow Savage a chance to learn as he goes and gain some experience. Savage at least has a shot to be Houston's franchise QB for the next few years, so why are they wasting time with Fitzpatrick, just to watch their team go 1-6 in the first 7 games, lose the locker room and then turn it over to Savage once they are already out of playoff contention? Doesn't make any sense. The owner, GM, head coach, scouts etc...are sooooo stoopid!

poking 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:55 pm

l2searchfunction

Duplicate topics merged.

Also Savage sucks.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Savage sucks.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Keep holding out AJ...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Another garbage QB who should be a back-up at best

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Houston, we have a problem....  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Poor AJ....

end it

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 am

Quote :
Texans are trading QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to the New York Jets for a late-round conditional draft pick, per a league source.

This guy gets passed around more than a two dollar hooker.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:09 am

Quote :
Texans are trading QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to the New York Jets for a late-round conditional draft pick, per a league source.

And sadly a $2 hooker is worth more and provides better value. laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Quote :

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Quote :

ROFL

Yet he'll be the starting QB for the Jets when 2015 kicks off....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:21 am

Quote :
ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini predicts Ryan Fitzpatrick will average $8 million a year on his new deal.
The Jets are widely expected to re-sign Fitzpatrick, but the numbers will be tricky. The journeyman had a career year in 2015, but he is already 33 and failed to live up to a big contract extension in Buffalo. Cimini predicts the final deal will be a three-year, $24 million contract with $12 million guaranteed.

Is it just me or would this be a great deal for the Jets? With the prices QB's are getting, wow. But I guess we will see if he is the same old Fitzmagic when he gets paid.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Good deal for Jets if he can have one more season like this one. But this season looks like a fluke given his career.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:26 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Good deal for Jets if he can have one more season like this one. But this season looks like a fluke given his career.

Well he has two rock solid WR's in Marshall and Decker. And a good OL. Maybe it's the system.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well he has two rock solid WR's in Marshall and Decker. And a good OL. Maybe it's the system.

scratch yes

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:11 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

scratch yes

It most likely is the system, but given the alternatives, 8 mill for Fitz for a win now team makes the most sense. They definitely don't have a better option on the team currently and he'll be cheaper then they can find in FA

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Thursday that free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the Jets at their latest contract offer.
It's believed Gang Green offered Fitzpatrick a deal worth $7-8 million annually, while FitzMagic has demanded a contract worth upwards of $16 million per year. Fitzpatrick feels low balled and disrespected by the Jets, who want to retain him but are restricted by the salary cap. They could lessen their cap restrictions by trading franchise-tagged Muhammad Wilkerson this weekend.

Lots of posturing on both sides...we shall see soon enough.  

BTW:  I thought his nickname was "The Amish Rifle", where did Shefty get "Fitzmagic"?   Did it change when he lost the beard?

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Thursday that free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the Jets at their latest contract offer.
It's believed Gang Green offered Fitzpatrick a deal worth $7-8 million annually, while FitzMagic has demanded a contract worth upwards of $16 million per year. Fitzpatrick feels low balled and disrespected by the Jets, who want to retain him but are restricted by the salary cap. They could lessen their cap restrictions by trading franchise-tagged Muhammad Wilkerson this weekend.

Lots of posturing on both sides...we shall see soon enough.  

BTW:  I thought his nickname was "The Amish Rifle", where did shefty get "Fitzmagic"?   Did it change when he lost the beard?

Both nicknames work, I always use Fitzmagic.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Both nicknames work, I always use Fitzmagic.

Ok, thanks Nick...Just don't remember ever hearing him referred to as "Fitzmagic" ...But, I don't remember a lot of things.   lol3  

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Yep I use Fitzmagic as well.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:14 pm

$16million for a bad QB ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
$16million for a bad QB ROTFLMAO

SHHHHHHHHHH...Quiet Ian; I need him...so Brandon Marshall can once again finish as a top five WR. wink

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Yeah, their current offer of 7-8 million per year is overpaying, and he wants double that?! laughing

Crazy, he is already 33 and only just had his first good season last year... Personally I find it doubtful he ever repeats last years stats... the Jets shouldn't cut Wilkerson to fit this guy in because of the cap woes, they aren't a super bowl contender anyhow...

What a deluded cunt, he would rather not play at all than play for 7-8 million!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

What a deluded cunt, he would rather not play at all than play for 7-8 million!

Yup; at 33 years of age he would seriously consider "not" playing????  you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 am

Now he's asking for a 1 year 12 million deal. Jets say no. They're both being douches at this point.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:23 am

Yeah that is trash. I want him to say fuck it and retire. Make them play with Geno. Assholes. I know what the market shows, but Fitz is worth a 1 year $12 million deal after last year.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:27 am

Fitz is worth what a team will pay, and no one will pay what he wants.  Fitz has to take an honest assessment of his worth and take the Jet's multi-year offer or try to get $8 million on a prove it deal.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:30 am

I know that the market value is not there, but I think Fitz should just move on. The Jets would come out with egg on their face in the end, because Geno is just terrible.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:36 am

The Jets are a large corporation owned by the guy that owns Johnson & Johnson.  And they don't have a history of winning.  They'll get over not having Fitz.  

Fitz is an individual that has never had a major payday.  The deal offered by the Jets sets him up for life and allows him to set up his children for life if he plans it well.

I'll bet on the corporation every day of the week.  Remember -- the Colts didn't bring back Manning and they survived (I know that they drafted Luck but he could have been RGIII).  

One other point to remember is that Fitz is a Harvard grad (I think -- someone may call my bluff on this).  The guy is smart and won't just walk away from millions.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:40 am

Actually Fitz signed a 6 year, $59 million deal in 2011 with the Bills with a $10 Million signing bonus, so he has a taste of money. He was released in 2013 from them, so was paid accordingly.

Like I said, I know fair market value for him is low, but you also have to weigh fair market value for a starting QB that can throw 31 TD's as well, I think....

Ugly situation for both right now, but I think if they are not willing to give him a longer term deal that a 1 year, $12 million is more than fair.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:48 am

So he made about $20 million with the Bills, or about $10 million after taxes.  He's probably made $20 million after taxes in his career.  So he has money -- but he's certainly not Peyton Manning rich -- or maybe not even Sam Bradford rich.  

The fact that the Broncos and 49ers (and other teams) haven't offered him anything is telling.  He's just another Matt Cassell but the Jets would let him start.  Don't think that he's worth much more.

As for the Jets, they aren't winning the Super Bowl this year and have a lot of young QBs.  It's not the worst thing in the world if they have to give Geno and Petty (or the rookie) some snaps and see what happens.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:48 am

For a Harvard educated guy, Fitzpatrick is being retarded with this whole thing... He has never been consistent and only just had his first really good season last year at age 32... Now he wants to paid among the top QB's in the League? at age 33? That just isn't in line with reality, the older QB's that get that kind of money are the ones that have been consistently good up to that point in their career... not guys that have one good year while the rest of their career they have been average at best... On the one hand you can't blame him for trying to cash in on his best season, but on the other hand he hasn't earned the kind of money he is asking for, not by a long shot...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:52 am

BTW, if you haven't read the article linked below, you should:

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1011177

Fitzpatrick is apparently a huge hockey fan and went to a Rangers game with Mangold, Decker, and Petty.  The security guards had to tell Fitz and Nick to stop verbally assaulting the Penguins players.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:56 am

For a Harvard educated guy,  Fitzpatrick is being retarded with this whole thing...    He has never been consistent and only just had his first really good season last year at age 32...   Now he wants to paid among the top QB's in the League?   at age 33?   That just isn't in line with reality,    the older QB's that get that kind of money are the ones that have been consistently good up to that point in their career...  not guys that have one good year while the rest of their career they have been average at best...   On the one hand you can't blame him for trying to cash in on his best season,   but on the other hand he hasn't earned the kind of money he is asking for,   not by a long shot...  
I don't think he's asking to be paid "among the top QB's in the League" - I think all he is asking for is on the low end of starter money - and I agree with the way he's doing it

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:01 am

I think it's crazy that you guys, and everyone else for that matter feel comfortable taking a side in this. Both sides are at fault.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 am

The Jets moving forward with Geno and their other young QB's wouldn't be the worst thing... Geno gets a lot of flack, but he hasn't been given a real shot up to this point, outside of being thrown to the wolves a few years back when the Jets supporting cast was just garbage, he never got to throw to WR's like Decker and Marshall...

And let's not forget that it was looking like Geno was earning the starting job over Fitzpatrick last offseason before everything got derailed with his broken jaw...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 am

For a Harvard educated guy,  Fitzpatrick is being retarded with this whole thing...    He has never been consistent and only just had his first really good season last year at age 32...   Now he wants to paid among the top QB's in the League?   at age 33?   That just isn't in line with reality,    the older QB's that get that kind of money are the ones that have been consistently good up to that point in their career...  not guys that have one good year while the rest of their career they have been average at best...   On the one hand you can't blame him for trying to cash in on his best season,   but on the other hand he hasn't earned the kind of money he is asking for,   not by a long shot...  

Actually, on a 1 year $12 Million deal, Fitz would be tied for 21st in 2016 salary. Just playing devils advocate, but did he out perform some of the guys above him, or below him in that dollar figure?

[th]Player[/th][th]Team[/th][th]Salary Cap Value[/th][th]Cash Spent[/th]
Drew BreesSaints$30,000,000$20,000,000
Eli ManningGiants$24,200,000$18,000,000
Ben RoethlisbergerSteelers$23,950,000$17,750,000
Matt RyanFalcons$23,750,000$15,750,000
Joe FlaccoRavens$22,550,000$44,000,000
Matt StaffordLions$22,500,000$17,000,000
Philip RiversChargers$21,000,000$16,500,000
Tony RomoCowboys$20,835,000$8,500,000
Kirk CousinsRedskins$19,953,000$19,953,000
Cam NewtonPanthers$19,500,000$23,000,000
Aaron RodgersPackers$19,250,000$12,600,000
Russell WilsonSeahawks$18,542,000$12,342,000
Carson PalmerCardinals$17,875,000$13,500,000
Alex SmithChiefs$17,800,000$14,200,000
Jay CutlerBears$17,000,000$16,000,000
Andrew LuckColts$16,155,000$16,155,000
Colin Kaepernick49ers$15,890,753$14,300,000
Tom BradyPatriots$14,000,000$29,000,000
Andy DaltonBengals$13,100,000$10,700,000
Sam BradfordEagles$12,500,000$18,000,000
Brock OsweilerTexans$12,000,000$21,000,000
Ryan TannehillDolphins$11,640,000$9,340,000
Nick FolesRams$8,750,000$7,750,000

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 am

I don't think his issue is the 12M the first year. I think it's that years 2 and 3 it drops to like 6m a year. I'm sure he'd be fine if they actually offered him 12M a year

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I don't think his issue is the 12M the first year. I think it's that years 2 and 3 it drops to like 6m a year. I'm sure he'd be fine if they actually offered him 12M a year

Right, it was reported that he would sign a 1 year prove it deal at that price, but the Jets wouldn't do it. That is the discussion.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 am

Teams don't pay for past results.  Looking at that list, on a 1-3 year deal, I would only offer Fitz more than Kaep and Bradford and possibly Smith and Cutler.

Let's not forget the numbers that matter the most:

SEASONTEAMGPCMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDLNGINTFUMQBRRAT
47613556.37775.7645680--58.2
Career1122,0873,47360.123,1786.671549811636--80.8

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:17 am

Well that is good Russ, because all of the QB's you listed make more than his $12 milion deal.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I don't think he's asking to be paid "among the top QB's in the League" - I think all he is asking for is on the low end of starter money - and I agree with the way he's doing it

I didn't mean like a top 2 or 3 salary if that is what you are thinking, I believe $12 + million per year would put him in the top 15 QB salaries in the league, I would consider that being paid among the top guys in the league. There are several problems with that, the most obvious is that he hasn't earned it... the guy has had one good season where he still didn't make the playoffs and he is 33 years old. 33 year old QB's who aren't proven commodities don't get that kind of money... As someone else stated, it is pretty telling when no other team has had serious negotiations with him this offseason, not for the money he wants... If he wan'ts to stick to his guns, that is fine, I would find it funny if he prices himself out of the market and ends up out of the league following his only good season! laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:24 am

You seemed to ignore his illustrious career in your post.  He threw a lot of INTs last year.  He's old.  He's only thrown for more than 3,000 yards 3 times in 10 years.  He's only thrown for more than 25 TDs once.  He doesn't run.  He throws a lot of TDs.  Oh yeah, and no one else wants him and the Jets is the only team where he could realistically start.

We'll see how this plays out but I think that Fitz is taking a gamble that he really can't afford to lose.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB TBB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: