View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/jordy-nelson-spent-injury-plagued-154012870.html

Nice.. he was a substitute teacher while rehabbing!

Great, now if could work on being a personal trainer and motivational guru he can take on fat ass Lacy as client 1 and get the word "express" back into the "pork chop express"

BTW, anyone that can name the film that used pork chop express without googling gets a free oreo cookie, just don't tell fat ass.  laughing

This will be the only time I ever post in this area but I have to answer...Big Trouble in Little China!!! One of my absolute favorites. A fun fact about me...When I was little I used to run around with a laundry basket on my head and pretend to shoot lightning out of my hands...I'm a dork...I know.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:50 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
BTW, anyone that can name the film that used pork chop express without googling gets a free oreo cookie, just don't tell fat ass.  laughing

This will be the only time I ever post in this area but I have to answer...Big Trouble in Little China!!!  One of my absolute favorites. A fun fact about me...When I was little I used to run around with a laundry basket on my head and pretend to shoot lightning out of my hands...I'm a dork...I know.

Well played Mrs E. thumbsup

Indeed a solid movie, had Cool Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall, and Suzee Pai as the girl with the green eyes. However, naming your 18 wheeler "the Pork Chop Express" was classic.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Great, now if could work on being a personal trainer and motivational guru he can take on fat ass Lacy as client 1 and get the word "express" back into the "pork chop express"

This will be the only time I ever post in this area but I have to answer...Big Trouble in Little China!!!  One of my absolute favorites. A fun fact about me...When I was little I used to run around with a laundry basket on my head and pretend to shoot lightning out of my hands...I'm a dork...I know.

Now that is funny. When I saw you posting in this thread I thought you were going to say that you fantasize of Andy's head on Jordy Nelson's body..   laughing Out of line? Out of line?  laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Isn't that cute...pretending that you don't still do that shit.... lol 2

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

laughing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

This from the man who says a Lion can eat a Cardinal, so I pick the Lions over the Cards and so forth.

Talk about the "banana in the tail pipe." laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:51 am

NO! Let's hope that this doesn't linger.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jordy Nelson is on the active/PUP list with a "hiccup" in his non-ACL knee, but that he should be ready for Week 1.
Quote :
"It's not the ACL," Nelson assured. "No one needs to freak out." Be that as it may, Nelson is without a return date for practice. Nelson should be ready for the opener, but this puts the injury risk for a 31-year-old player coming off a torn ACL in stark relief. It's possible Nelson is held out for the entire preseason. Nelson is currently the WR7 by ADP, ahead of the likes of Allen Robinson and Alshon Jeffery. That was ambitious even before Nelson's latest injury news.

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:57 am

As someone that has torn my ACL three times they say that the other knee becomes more likely to be torn after the first one, because of the added stress on that knee during recovery and more stress from trying not to put pressure on the repaired knee.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:59 am

Wisconsin Warlords wrote:
As someone that has torn my ACL three times they say that the other knee becomes more likely to be torn after the first one, because of the added stress on that knee during recovery and more stress from trying not to put pressure on the repaired knee.

Yep, that is what we tell our soccer players all the time that have had knee problems. Coming back from these knee problems is so tough, that is why when it is done by these athletes it is so unbelievable. It is easy to be tentative on your repaired knee.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm not worried about this one bit. I think it's more of a precautionary thing, to make sure he is 100% by week 1. Him and Rodgers chemistry will pick right up where it left off

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 pm

The only alarming part about the news blurb Nick posted is that people are actually drafting Jordy Nelson ahead of Allen Robinson! surprised That is flat out crazy... laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The only alarming part about the news blurb Nick posted is that people are actually drafting Jordy Nelson ahead of Allen Robinson!  surprised   That is flat out crazy...  laughing

Redraft, maybe. Dynasty, no.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:36 pm

31 yrs old... FUCK!!! I swear the guy was just 28. Reality check, Jordy's best years are behind him. Not liking this so far. Jordy and Montgomery are both not healthy yet. Please not another year of Cobb and Adams

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:03 am

I'm sure jordy will be fine but it is still something that may be a problem going forward.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 am

Go ahead, rely on Jordy. I may be entered into the preposterous statement tournament, but he is 31 and he will get hurt again this year. There are some WR's out there that will put up better numbers then Jordy and would be worth taking ahead of him. I am staying away, very far away.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:02 am

I say temper your expectations, but even 80% Jordy is still worth a 3/4 round pick in a redraft.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 am

3 different players with 10 catches each and not one of them is named Jordy Nelson. wtf.

I watched most of the game and I'm not sure Rodgers even looked his way most of the time. He looked to be a decoy the entire game. Chicago would shade a safety and Rodgers would throw a 7 yard quick pass to Adams or Cobb.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:10 am

It was a brilliant scheme overall really.  I mean Rodgers likes his wideouts and he had them within feet of him all game since they had no RBs.  Of course Nelson suffered, and I thought Nelson would get more than 1 catch, but still a brilliant game plan.  Adams didnt seem to suffer though.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 am

Yeah it was surprising, but must have been the gameplan coming in. They saw weaknesses and mismatches and exploited them. Jordy should benefit from this eventually.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:38 am

It was a good game plan; One that I'm surprised more teams don't do...3-5 yard passes aren't tough to complete.

What was odd to me was that even on the short 5 yard routes Jordy ran, Rodgers didn't look his way. Pretty sure Rodgers has Adams on his FF team and was playing against someone with Jordy. Lol

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:42 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
It was a good game plan; One that I'm surprised more teams don't do...3-5 yard passes aren't tough to complete.  

What was odd to me was that even on the short 5 yard routes Jordy ran, Rodgers didn't look his way.  Pretty sure Rodgers has Adams on his FF team and was playing against someone with Jordy.  Lol

Man I've thought that kind of stuff in the past. Haha! Jordy will get back on track. As soon as defenses start playing to this game plan, boom! Jordy will torch them.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:13 am

I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE PORTER WAS COVERING NELSON MOST OF THE GAME - HE'S THE ONLY HALF WAY DECENT CB THEY HAVE - ALL THE OTHER GUYS SUCK BAD, SO HE JUST THREW IT WHERVER HE WASNT

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:28 am

From what I have seen, Jordy just hasn't been able to gain the same type of separation consistently that he was able to before his injury, maybe that will come back the rest of the way, maybe it won't... but he is usually the benefactor of longer passes, a lot of them due to play action, but with the offensive line doing a crappy job of pass protection and no legitimate RB at the moment, a big part of his game is being hampered... as Montgomery and Adams continue to develop and improve, that will also eat into Jordy's target share. It was kind of a perfect storm of all those things conspiring against Nelson last night, and something tells me it won't be the last game where he is almost an afterthought...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:37 am

Aaron will pay his buddy back next week, mark my words.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:01 pm

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Jordy-Nelson-breathing-easy-again-after-rib-injury/fe110db9-6540-4d64-a977-4e59b4e81b16

It looks like there's a chance that Jordy may play this weekend.  It looks like a long shot but he's progressing a lot quicker than I thought from someone with fractured ribs.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Jordy-Nelson-breathing-easy-again-after-rib-injury/fe110db9-6540-4d64-a977-4e59b4e81b16

It looks like there's a chance that Jordy may play this weekend.  It looks like a long shot but he's progressing a lot quicker than I thought from someone with fractured ribs.

It is not going to happen, sadly.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:29 pm

If he takes one shot to the ribs, he's done. I guess I would take my chances and hope that the Packers make it to the SB. Then, maybe have him play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jordy Nelson WR GBP   

Back to top Go down

Jordy Nelson WR GBP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: