x

Share | 

Charles Woodson S RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Quote :
Green Bay Packers safety Charles Woodson has a broken collarbone and will be out approximately six weeks.

Coach Mike McCarthy confirmed the severity of the injury Monday, a day after the team's 30-20 win at St. Louis.

The 36-year-old Woodson broke his clavicle in the 2011 Super Bowl win over Pittsburgh. McCarthy says Woodson is nervous about his latest injury.

The Packers played without four defensive starters against the Rams. They host Jacksonville on Sunday.

''He was a little nervous about it last night,'' McCarthy said when he addressed reporters. ''If you've seen the play, it was a very similar action as he experienced in the Super Bowl.''

Tough break for the Pack here.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Quote :
The Green Bay Packers could consider releasing CB Charles Woodson this offseason if he does not agree to a restructured contract because he is scheduled to make $10 million in 2013.

I can't see them letting him go.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm not as confident as you. I don't want to see him go but they won't pay him that much next year and I don't see him taking a paycut.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Quote :
The Green Bay Packers plan to release CB Charles Woodson. He was due to make $9 million in 2013 and would have counted $10 million against the salary cap.

So ends an era.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:05 am

He will be without a team until about the first day of free agency.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 am

I used to LOVE those Woodson vs. David Boston UM vs. OSU games...

I'm wondering where he's going to play. Clearly for a contender, he's not going to go play for Miami or the Chiefs I wouldn't think.

I could see Dallas taking a run at him. Not sure where he will land though. Wonder if he has thought about hanging them up and just focusing on his wine business.

One of my all-time favorite players. Dude is 100% class. The things he has done for the Univ of Michigan Children's hospital (Mott) is/was huge.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

The Patriots like old guys on defense, that might be a good fit.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 pm

It would be awesome if Woodson landed in NE although i believe he is a little overrated
s

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Yeah, he's totally overrated... but if hes healthy he is an above average IDP.

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 am

I would welcome him to my team if i were an NFL GM without a doubt.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:23 pm

(RotoWire) The Seahawks, Dolphins, Jets and Giants are reportedly among the teams interested in Woodson, ESPN's Josina Anderson reports. Analysis: Woodson, who was released by the Packers last month, was limited to seven games this past season thanks to a broken collarbone, but it appears as though the 36-year-old DB will have no problem landing a new gig.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:48 am

Quote :
Updating a previous item, Oakland Raiders FS Charles Woodson's one-year contract has a base value of $3.2 million, including a $1.4 million signing bonus. Due to unspecified incentives, however, the contract carries a cap value of $4.2 million.

This fucking guy just keeps going.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:19 am

He's old as shit and keeps going. He's like the energizer bunny. Crazy part is that he's still pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:20 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
He's old as shit and keeps going. He's like the energizer bunny. Crazy part is that he's still pretty good.

Yeah reminds me of London Fletcher who was still better than most even when he retired.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:52 am

Throw back All-Timer. Huge fan of Woodson and what he has achieved and done. A total pro IMO.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:54 am

I love Charles Woodson!! The dude has been a bad ass his entire career! Be a sad day when he hangs it up

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Next stop Canton.

Thank you GOAT

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Exactly!

No brainer 1st ballot.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:30 pm

One of my all time favorite defensive players ever!  What a great career he had

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:36 pm

I think most fans appreciate and respect what he has done. One of the greatest, will never forget him!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 pm

I concur with the above few posts, Woodson is a top drawer CB, then Safety, and seemed like a real quality team mate. Add in he's Big Blue and this dood is the Schznit. Great Career and a 1st ballot slam dunk IMO.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:04 am

Just read an article in a Michigan paper about Woodson retiring and saw this.

Quote :
Woodson is one of the most accomplished defensive backs to play the game, ranking fifth all-time with 65 interceptions and tied for first with Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper with 13 defensive touchdowns.

It would be so awesome if he can get a pick six and totally get that douchebag Sharper's name off of any type of record.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:32 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Just read an article in a Michigan paper about Woodson retiring and saw this.

Quote :
Woodson is one of the most accomplished defensive backs to play the game, ranking fifth all-time with 65 interceptions and tied for first with Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper with 13 defensive touchdowns.

It would be so awesome if he can get a pick six and totally get that douchebag Sharper's name off of any type of record.

One more game against Peyton Manning and he will destroy that record.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:07 am

See you in five years when you get your gold jacket Mr. Woodson!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:46 am

Funny story quick, got to meet Woodson once here in GB.

My brother is a bigwig, and invited me out to a private party at a Seafood joint in town after hours after a game at Lambeau. I walked in, and my bro was sitting with him. Strolled up, and my brother introduced me, he stuck his hand out and quietly said, "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Charles". I wanted to stand up and shout, "YEAH, I KNOW, YOU ARE CHARLES FUCKING WOODSON", but I played it cool.

We talked for about an hour, shared 2 bottles of wine, awesome dude. Side note, AJ Hawk walked in and called us homo's because we were drinking wine. Apparently he only drinks Coors light. laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:52 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Funny story quick, got to meet Woodson once here in GB.

My brother is a bigwig, and invited me out to a private party at a Seafood joint in town after hours after a game at Lambeau. I walked in, and my bro was sitting with him. Strolled up, and my brother introduced me, he stuck his hand out and quietly said, "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Charles". I wanted to stand up and shout, "YEAH, I KNOW, YOU ARE CHARLES FUCKING WOODSON", but I played it cool.

We talked for about an hour, shared 2 bottles of wine, awesome dude. Side note, AJ Hawk walked in and called us homo's because we were drinking wine. Apparently he only drinks Coors light. laughing

Pretty cool you got to meet him!  

And as for Mr. Hawk, way to go drinking Coors beer!  It's good to see a professional athlete drink the product who employs me  party8

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

And as for Mr. Hawk, way to go drinking Coors beer!  It's good to see a professional athlete drink the product who employs me  party8

HAHA! Hawk was pretty cool, just making fun of a bunch of dudes chillin' drinking wine.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Great career by Mr. Woodson... As a Bears' fan... He killed us for so freaking long, but you have to give him a nod for his greatness. Same as Brett Favre. Great careers.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:24 pm

It's going to be strange to watch the Raiders this year play without one of their greatest of all time.  You'll be missed Mr. Woodson.  You'll be in the Raiders hall of fame before long!

EDIT:

I made this as a troll post thinking the had only ever played in Green Bay and I was being funny. I had no idea he was drafted by Oakland and played there for a long time before Green Bay. Damn.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
It's going to be strange to watch the Raiders this year play without one of their greatest of all time.  You'll be missed Mr. Woodson.  You'll be in the Raiders hall of fame before long!

EDIT:

I made this as a troll post thinking the had only ever played in Green Bay and I was being funny.  I had no idea he was drafted by Oakland and played there for a long time before Green Bay.  Damn.  

Troll backfire! laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:35 pm

AR15 firing troll peeing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson S RET   

Back to top Go down

Charles Woodson S RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1