x

Share | 

Demarco Murray RB TEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Mathews not signed yet - reports that he's likely to back out now Murray has signed.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:49 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Mathews not signed yet - reports that he's likely to back out now Murray has signed.

That is what I was hoping for, but it is sounding like Mathews is going to go ahead and sign, so while this would be great in the real world for the Eagles, it is terrible for fantasy... Murray and Mathews will both have their values slashed! Not to mention Sproles is there as well... what a fucking fantasy nightmare!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Yep - signed. I've given up trying to work out what Chip Kelly is doing...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:43 pm

What a mess

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:56 pm

So he's now added Murray, Matthews, Bradford, Alonso. Looks like he thinks his 'system' can also prevent injuries?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
It's the most basic law of economics.  Supply and demand.  

Low Supply + High Demand = Higher Prices.  

High Supply + Low Demand = Lower Prices.

Running backs aren't viewed as important as they once were.  You're getting more and more late round or undrafted backs getting lead rolls and doing just fine.  The elite will always command a premium but in the end the money is better spent on a top tier pass rusher, or o-line guy, or quarterback, etc.  

Tell me your thoughts on Murray's massive contract, Mr. Keynes.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Quote :
DeMarco Murray knows where the Cowboys and Jaguars stand. He's looking for more ($8M-plus per year).

Get the fuck out of here.

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:19 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Yep - signed. I've given up trying to work out what Chip Kelly is doing...

Building a deep power running game. I like it (from an NFL point of view, not fantasy). The whole league has gone to one extreme, paying 5'10 slot receivers billions of dollars. Kelly is saying eff that, he's dumping all of his little speedy receivers, and building a power running game and emphasizing the defense.

I think it will be fun to watch.

I'm glad I only own Mathews in one league - pretty crazy ride. He went from a RB2-type nobody to a potential RB1 to a high-end handcuff/platoon type.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Mathews didnt have alot of value in my mind anyway. Not really worried about his value decreasing it is in the same spot in my rankings.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Quote :
"Part of having Ryan here is that DeMarco doesn't have to carry it 392 times this year. If he does then we're running it 692 times" - Chip

Nice.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 pm

This is both scratch and bow ....

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:26 am

Do you smell smoke screen here?

Source: Delaware County Times - Bob Grotz

Philadelphia Eagles RB DeMarco Murray is expected to have the rushing workload divided between he and RB Ryan Mathews, offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur said Wednesday, June 3. The OC would not reveal what the percentage of carries would be for either back.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:19 am

Wow, the RB position has certainly become less valuable the last few years

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:49 am

Mathews can't handle a workload. He is too frail. I'm actually surprised he ain't on the shelf already. They must not be having him participate much in OTA's otherwise you would have heard that he is dropping body parts already. DeMarco will get a shit ton of carries until one of his knees or ankles explode. Nothing to see here.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:24 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Mathews can't handle a workload. He is too frail. I'm actually surprised he ain't on the shelf already. They must not be having him participate much in OTA's otherwise you would have heard that he is dropping body parts already. DeMarco will get a shit ton of carries until one of his knees or ankles explode. Nothing to see here.

Really? too frail? how many games he miss last year? clap

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:38 am

Anyone that thinks Murray is going to get anywhere near the number of carries he got last season is deluding themselves. Murray has not really shown himself to be any more durable than Matthews at this point, they each have made it through one season in their careers without injury... and Matthews is not a slouch on the field and is nearly as talented as Murray. An approach where both guys get carries is just plain smart strategy for PHI, they will be able to have fresher RB's in the 2nd half of games and it may also help keep both Murray and Matthews healthy for the whole season. It is a win - win for PHI. It probably won't be a 50-50 split, but it may be closer to that than alot of people think, I wouldn't be shocked by a 60-40 or 65-35 split. I don't think Matthews is just there to be an occasional change of pace or a backup to Murray. This will be a committee, to what extent remains to be seen however...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:42 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Anyone that thinks Murray is going to get anywhere near the number of carries he got last season is deluding themselves.    Murray has not really shown himself to be any more durable than Matthews at this point,   they each have made it through one season in their careers without injury...    and Matthews is not a slouch on the field and is nearly as talented as Murray.    An approach where both guys get carries is just plain smart strategy for PHI,    they will be able to have fresher RB's in the 2nd half of games and it may also help keep both Murray and Matthews healthy for the whole season.  It is a win - win for PHI.   It probably won't be a 50-50 split,   but it may be closer to that than alot of people think,   I wouldn't be shocked by a 60-40 or 65-35 split.    I don't think Matthews is just there to be an occasional change of pace or a backup to Murray.   This will be a committee,   to what extent remains to be seen however...

Don't forget Darren Sproles. He isn't going away.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 am

Anyone that thinks Murray is going to get anywhere near the number of carries he got last season is deluding themselves.    Murray has not really shown himself to be any more durable than Matthews at this point,   they each have made it through one season in their careers without injury...    and Matthews is not a slouch on the field and is nearly as talented as Murray.    An approach where both guys get carries is just plain smart strategy for PHI,    they will be able to have fresher RB's in the 2nd half of games and it may also help keep both Murray and Matthews healthy for the whole season.  It is a win - win for PHI.   It probably won't be a 50-50 split,   but it may be closer to that than alot of people think,   I wouldn't be shocked by a 60-40 or 65-35 split.    I don't think Matthews is just there to be an occasional change of pace or a backup to Murray.   This will be a committee,   to what extent remains to be seen however...
Exactly! especially the part about Mathews being no slouch. Both are good RB's and Philly could care less about us Fantasy geeks they will use all of their weapons.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

Don't forget Darren Sproles. He isn't going away.

Absolutely, I am just talking about carries... I do think the number of carries that Sproles will get is going to drop quite a bit, but he is still going to play a major role as a 3rd down and pass catching back... And that also limits both Murray and Matthews game overall... but again, it is good for PHI to have 3 talented RBs working in unison...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

The ball is going to get shared so I don't know if any of them will be reliable week to week

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:25 am

Hamstring injury, questionable this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 am

Hamstring injury, questionable this weekend.

He was banged up earlier in his career and had the biggest year he could have hoped for in his contract year. Dallas rode him into the ground.

He looked like the biggest baby last week angry and crying. Turd.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:37 am

Quote :
Eagles running back DeMarco Murray, who was finally demoted on Sunday after struggling all season, has reportedly gone above Chip Kelly to take things up with the owner.

Murray went to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and addressed frustrations with his role in Kelly’s offense, Ed Werder of ESPN reports.

Werder’s report adds that Murray doesn’t want to cause a scene, but there’s no question that a disgruntled player going to the owner with a complaint about the coach is going to cause discord within the franchise. Murray was the prize free agent signing of Kelly’s first year with total personnel control, and if Murray thinks the problems with Kelly’s offense are so serious that he has to have a sit-down with the owner, that’s a real problem.

There’s no word on what Lurie told Murray, but the reality is Murray has only himself to blame for his demotion. If anything, Kelly gave Murray too many opportunities, keeping him in the starting lineup even as he was outplayed by all three of the Eagles’ other running backs, Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles and Kenjon Barner.

Holy shit what a fucking toolbag. Watching him suffer right now is giving me unspeakable joy. Asshat.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:08 am

Quote :
Eagles running back DeMarco Murray, who was finally demoted on Sunday after struggling all season, has reportedly gone above Chip Kelly to take things up with the owner.

Murray went to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and addressed frustrations with his role in Kelly’s offense, Ed Werder of ESPN reports.

Werder’s report adds that Murray doesn’t want to cause a scene, but there’s no question that a disgruntled player going to the owner with a complaint about the coach is going to cause discord within the franchise. Murray was the prize free agent signing of Kelly’s first year with total personnel control, and if Murray thinks the problems with Kelly’s offense are so serious that he has to have a sit-down with the owner, that’s a real problem.

There’s no word on what Lurie told Murray, but the reality is Murray has only himself to blame for his demotion. If anything, Kelly gave Murray too many opportunities, keeping him in the starting lineup even as he was outplayed by all three of the Eagles’ other running backs, Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles and Kenjon Barner.

Holy shit what a fucking toolbag.  Watching him suffer right now is giving me unspeakable joy.  Asshat.  

No sympathy for him. He knew what he was getting into. He knew the offense Kelly runs, he knew of the other backs there, he heard McCoy complain on the way out the door, and he knew what he had in Dallas.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:45 am

I laugh at Kelly instead.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:57 am

Grass is not always greener

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:04 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I laugh at Kelly instead.
I see this as a reflection of how Kelly has no control. Every player is underachieving this year under Kelly, I believe it's all a product of having 2 shitty QB's. I think defenses are stacking the box and making them pass the ball. I don't know if Foles is a better QB than Bradford but I know he ran the offense better and they were able to run the ball. I don't see Murray as the problem.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:31 am

I always thought Murray was overrated, mostly due to the OL he got to run behind in Dallas, but I didn't think he was as bad as he has been this season... whether he is a fit or not in the offense is debatable, but all the blame on his poor play is on him, its not like any of the other RBs have struggled anywhere near as much when they have been given opportunities... Hell, he was outplayed by Ryan Mathews almost every single game where they shared carries...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:57 am

I always thought Murray was overrated,  mostly due to the OL he got to run behind in Dallas,   but I didn't think he was as bad as he has been this season...   whether he is a fit or not in the offense is debatable,  but all the blame on his poor play is on him,   its not like any of the other RBs have struggled anywhere near as much when they have been given opportunities...    Hell,  he was outplayed by Ryan Mathews almost every single game where they shared carries...

I agree that 90% is on him, but Chip is using him shitty as well. I see Murray as more of a run between the tackles kind of guy, and every time I see him, they are running him outside. Chip should have 4-5 shitty fast RB's in his system that they pay the minimum, just pitch and go.

But yeah, Murray sucks dick, glad I stayed away from him in every league and didn't buy in from last year like most.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:22 am

With Mathews looking like he's coming back this week, can we trust him? I have Murray in 7 leagues and am in the playoffs in each league. Murray was a key part of my teams last year and has generally been a decent contributor this year for me. But he's done nothing the past few weeks. The one saving grace has been that I've been able to pick up Mathews in most of those leagues fairly cheaply.

My gut tells me to roll with Mathews this week but it's tough to start experimenting with rosters in the first week of the playoffs. How're others handling this?

Murray and Dez are my two biggest nightmares as I'm working on setting lineups this week.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:32 am

I always thought Murray was overrated,  mostly due to the OL he got to run behind in Dallas,   but I didn't think he was as bad as he has been this season...   whether he is a fit or not in the offense is debatable,  but all the blame on his poor play is on him,   its not like any of the other RBs have struggled anywhere near as much when they have been given opportunities...    Hell,  he was outplayed by Ryan Mathews almost every single game where they shared carries...
Dallas also had Tony Romo so teams couldn't stack the box, Mathews is a good back but he'll never be a full time back he's not durable enough

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:56 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I agree that 90% is on him, but Chip is using him shitty as well. I see Murray as more of a run between the tackles kind of guy, and every time I see him, they are running him outside.

Is this true? The entire reason for getting rid of Shady was because Chip kept running him up the middle when he is better suited to run outside. This would be comical if Murray is failing for the exact opposite reason.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:03 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I agree that 90% is on him, but Chip is using him shitty as well. I see Murray as more of a run between the tackles kind of guy, and every time I see him, they are running him outside.

Is this true? The entire reason for getting rid of Shady was because Chip kept running him up the middle when he is better suited to run outside. This would be comical if Murray is failing for the exact opposite reason.

Yeah, I am not sure on percentage of numbers, but every time I see an Eagle game it seems as if he is running outside and failing. I just don't get it.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:46 pm

I read somewhere that the Eagles might cut Murray at the end of the year. They might be better off without Kelly and take another shot with Murray next season imho

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:
I read somewhere that the Eagles might cut Murray at the end of the year. They might be better off without Kelly and take another shot with Murray next season imho

That would be incredibly stupid and nearly impossible. They owe him $7 million guaranteed in 2016 and $4 million off of his signing bonus goes towards cap and and would also be dead money. They could, but man that's costly.

Kind of like Andy's contracts in RW, want to get rid of almost all of them, but it will cost him big.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Adam Schefter ‏[ltr]@AdamSchefter[/ltr]  3m3 minutes ago
Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, league sources tell ESPN. Trade expected to be complete for new league year Weds

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Just saw this. What's your feelings Russ, like it hate it?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Of course it's on a day when there can't be any trade offers through MFL!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Do they keep Ryan now? (eagles)

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:39 pm

This should close the door on a top fantasy destination in Tennessee. Matthews also keeps the door closed in Philadelphia. Only winner here is Matthews owners. And watch them draft a back early too.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:45 pm

I can see Philly drafting a back but this is great news for Mathews and Murray

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Good for both backs, at least right now pre-draft. I like Mathews more as I have always thought he had great talent, just isn't reliable in the durability dept. Always though Murray was overrated and still do...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I  can see Philly drafting a back but this is great news for Mathews and Murray

What if they go L. Miller?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:04 pm

I see it as a slight bump for Murray. Possibly lateral, but maybe they will center the offense around him and insert that power running game.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Traded to the Titans

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Traded to the Titans

Please refer to the last 9-10 posts, we have been discussing that for the last couple of hours! laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Traded to the Titans

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Traded to the Titans

[if you can't beat 'em, join 'em] laughing

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:20 pm

What are the odds he is traded to oh say the Titans????

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
What are the odds he is traded to oh say the Titans????

That would be big enough news for someone to make a post in his thread about it!

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demarco Murray RB TEN   

Back to top Go down

Demarco Murray RB TEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: