Stellenbosch Saints
Brussels Routes
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Empty
PostSubject: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 am

Hi everyone. My name is Rory Sullivan and I hail from a small village called Emo in Ireland. I live in Brussels now with my stereotypically polite and awesome Canadian girlfriend.  I'm a bartender/aspiring screenwriter and I have been getting into the NFL steadily over the past few years.

I've been midly interested since I was a teenager however I joined a redraft league 4 years ago with some friends from Brussels and I got totally hooked. I've always been a fantasy head at heart-  premier league for the most part. Although I feel if I am accepted we may have endless conversations about which sport is superior - there is no doubt that NFL fantasy reigns supreme. Having wet my beak with the redraft I joined a dynasty league on sleeper towards the end of last season and fell in love.

Roster wars was reccomended to me through the commisioner of said dynasty league, I have been told that my enthuasism and persistence would be perfect for roster wars. For example, in the 16 team league I joined towards the end of last year, I've already traded with 10 of the teams. I'm very keen and looking for a place to talk, trade and speculate all things fantasy.

I spend far too much time on fantasy, easily 5 plus hours a week. I'm regualry checking the lastest news and trying to gain an edge on my opponents. Although I'm fairly inexperienced in the world compared to some of my competitiors, I believe my enthuasism, willingness to learn and sheer persistence make up for my lack of years in the space. I watch NFL every week it's on depsite the time difference in Europe - I am and always have been a night owl.

My favourtie fantasy memory, that's a tough question. I'm the guy in my redraft league who tries to make it as interactive and inclusive as possible. I made a trophy and brought it to out pre draft dinner we had before last season kicked off. I'm posting on the message boards trying to get some good banter going back and forth.I always change my team names to reference my opponent on a weekly basis and try and get in their heads. My friends have an instant distrust of me when I propose a trade - which I take as a sign of respect :)  But last year I traded Gibson straight up for Cam in said redraft, made the playoffs again but no winners cigar for me yet.

I'm a pretty laid back guy but ask anyone from my circle and they would say I need another outlet, so here I am. I know two people who are on here and they can probably vouch for me.

I'm a 49ers fan, I visited my family in San Fran a few years back and adopted them as my team. I care more about the craic(Irish term for fun and good banter, not misspelling that crack rock) than I do winning, but not by much!

Any other questions, feel free to ask. From what I've heard this is a good community that I hope to become part of.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigdefault

Last edited by Mooncakers on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 3:57 am

My boy blue, I am glad you have made the leap!
I am confident you will fit in well here interms of being active and an absolute trade addict.

But settle in, read the bylaws in and out on a daily basis and jump into some of the threads and just get comfortable with the platform! Welcome

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 3:58 am

Appreciate it Nate, I will try and temper my excitement and make sure I understand everything fully!

Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:02 am

Just a quick comment, you will have to change your name to a city/town/or place first and then a mascot

Like Emo Eagles, or Brussels Mooncakes... or whatever you desire. But that is the format

Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:02 am

Boom!

Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:08 am

Welcome Rory

Glad you made the jump.

I have been here about a week and its great. Plenty of topics to discuss and great members.

Everyone said the same to me so I will pass it on - study the bylaws and be active which I am sure will be enjoyable for you.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:23 am

Welcome brother. Get involved in the chat and enjoy yourself.

Hopefully we can claim Ireland and Belgium as new additions to the Roster Wars global reach.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Siguni16
Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:39 am

Damn, truly casting a wide net! Welcome Rory. Even if you think you know it, ask the question anyway.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigmea10
Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:03 am

Welcome Rory!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigbli22
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:18 am

That's awesome, like they said learn the bylaws and get involved. Sorry if your fantasy time goes up from 5hrs a week, but this place will do that to yah. I just traded for the 1.01, find that thread and tell us what you think.
What part of Canada is your gf from, maybe I know her lol3 laughing lol 2

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:29 am

Welcome Rory! Now you are making me miss Ireland, even if it has been too many years since I visited. Jump on in here, make yourself at home, and enjoy the ride!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:32 am

Welcome!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Gainesville Gators

Gainesville Gators

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:45 am

Welcome Rory.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Siggat15
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:48 am

Welcome Rory! Look around and hop into some other threads.

Somebody from the Onboarding Committee will reach out by email at some point today.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 am

Welcome to RW Rory! You sound like you are cut from the same cloth as most of us here!

Read, re-read, and read the bylaws again. Come to us with any questions.

This is a great community, you will love it.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 6:02 am

Thanks for all the welcoming messages everyone, looking forward to jumping into the forums!

Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 am

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
That's awesome, like they said learn the bylaws and get involved. Sorry if your fantasy time goes up from 5hrs a week, but this place will do that to yah. I just traded for the 1.01, find that thread and tell us what you think.

She's from Toronto!
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 6:26 am

Mooncakers wrote:
Toontown Warlocks wrote:

She's from Toronto!
Oh well, good idea to move then, lol. I'm out west in the prairies.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 6:45 am

I've gone through the bylaws once and planning on working through them again. It sounds like a great concept and I'm eager for the challenge.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 6:56 am

Welcome!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 am

Welcome aboard Rory.  This place is very addictive and is a great community.  Surprisingly, I've only eaten brussel sprouts a couple of times in my life.   coffee

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 7:45 am

Toontown Warlocks wrote:

Where is the trade you made for the 1.01? still figuring out navigating the forum.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 7:49 am

Mooncakers wrote:
Toontown Warlocks wrote:

Where is the trade you made for the 1.01?  still figuring out navigating the forum.

Hint:  This room can be found in a hotel where folks hang out in.  Also, Tyler is in the Minor Leagues.   grin

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 8:04 am

haha. found it in the end but thanks Bern!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 8:12 am

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:07 am

Welcome Rory.

Oh Nathan sent you...looks like we can skip the interrogation process, welcome to the league :)

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 am

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Welcome Rory.

Oh Nathan sent you...looks like we can skip the interrogation process, welcome to the league :)

i dont have any more recuits in the pipeline... haha

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:36 am

Welcome, Rory!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigvip16
Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:49 am

Welcome to the best league out there.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:50 am

Welcome Rory.

Thanks man! Yup,Nate got tired of me trading everyone in our other league so he sent me here lol3

Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 am

Stellenbosch Saints wrote:
Welcome Rory.

i dont have any more recuits in the pipeline... haha

Are you getting a finders fee for this ? or maybe a recruiters patch ?

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 am

Welcome Rory!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigfal14
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am

Welcome Rory! ... cheers

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Welcome Rory!

Settle in. You've found your new home.

cheers

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Welcome to RW Rory!

Nathan recommending you is a good start for sure.

As others have said, get as familiar with this place and what we do here as possible. I will reach out regarding your avatar shortly. Someone else will reach out regarding other things.

I look forward to getting to know you better and hopefully you'll be a good fit for us and vice versa.

Starting to wonder if we're going to have to start a RW-Europe league... laughing

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 1:02 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Welcome to RW Rory!

Nathan recommending you is a good start for sure.

As others have said, get as familiar with this place and what we do here as possible.  I will reach out regarding your avatar shortly.  Someone else will reach out regarding other things.

I look forward to getting to know you better and hopefully you'll be a good fit for us and vice versa.  

Starting to wonder if we're going to have to start a RW-Europe league... laughing

Potential one day a rest of the world conference?

Back to top Go down
Thief River Unforgiven

Thief River Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Welcome Rory! I'll second all the above advice. This place will become your #1 fantasy destination quickly, Roster Wars is the best community.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigunf16
Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Welcome Rory

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigsla16
Back to top Go down
Australia Killer Koalas

Australia Killer Koalas

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 am

Welcome Rory vote yes

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigkil18
Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 1:34 am

in case I'm not the only one wondering what the fuck...

Question: Is ROUTE pronounced ROOT or ROWT?

Answer: The word “route” can be pronounced either ROOT or ROWT in the US. This is true for both the noun, meaning a course or path, or the verb, meaning to send something by a specific course or path. In Britain, though, only the first pronunciation is common for the noun and verb.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) BareValidFrigatebird-size_restricted

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Signig21
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 am

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474k4z00lrqat267t7k1n4b3rgtptkoub8dgtmggx7&rid=giphy

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 5:46 am

Welcome Rory

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Welcome to the best damn league and community in fantasy football. Stick around and stay active! Glad to have you aboard Rory!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigsilverbacks
Back to top Go down
Australia Killer Koalas

Australia Killer Koalas

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 12:06 am

Hey Rory , do you or have you ever followed gaelic football?

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigkil18
Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 3:22 am

Haha loving the enthuastic welcome everyone. So to me it's pronounced like pouts but with an R obviously. Thought it worked as a name.

Back to top Go down
Brussels Routes

Brussels Routes

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 3:23 am

Australia Killer Koalas wrote:
Hey Rory , do you or have you ever followed gaelic football?

Yes love the GAA( that's what we call it). Love a bit of Aussie rules too I'm sure you are familiar!

Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 am

Good to have another rookie on board. Welcome friend!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigmun21
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 9:27 am

Press F5 to refresh your pages and put a face to the name. A new country represented!

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 am

A new country represented!

Didn't there used to be a Belgium Waffles?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 10:51 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
A new country represented!

Didn't there used to be a Belgium Waffles?

Good recall... he wasn't actually from Belgium though. I think that was just his team name. I think he was from the Bayou... Not sure though.

Brussels Routes ( Rory) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brussels Routes ( Rory)   Brussels Routes ( Rory) Empty

Back to top Go down

Brussels Routes ( Rory)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: