Charm City Justice
Sesekinika Strange Brew
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Empty
PostSubject: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:10 am

I'm Marc and I live in the woods of Northern Ontario Canada. We call our 40 acres of forest Barc Lodge. My wife BArb and I,  MaRC. We bought the property a couple years ago and have been working on building it. Built our first cabin last summer, building our forever cabin this summer.

I've been in standard fantasy football for more than 25 years. I used to run the league, pre-internet. Would go to the store on Monday to get the USA Today (the only paper with defensive stats) and do all the numbers by hand. I'd enter it all in a spreadsheet, print out the boxscores, do the standings then drive around the city of Hamilton, Ontario and deliver the summaries to all the guys.  Ya I know, fuckin nerd. As years go by, people drop out, now it's hard to even get 10 guys that pay attention. I'm the guy on my phone first thing Wednesday checking who got picked up and dropped.  I'm building trades that don't even get declined, they don't even get looked at. I want football to start tomorrow.

I spend a few hours a day looking at my roster, thinking about how to fill holes or how to proceed. I have an itch and the old league with some of my buddies (and their kids and their kids friends now) just doesn't satisfy my lust.

I don't have crazy stories.  My first championship I owe to a Jerry Rice Monday Night game where he went off for nearly 200 yards. My first draft I took Reggie Langhorne in the first round. Coming off an 85+ catch season, 1000 yards. He was released a week later and retired. I had Harvey Williams during his one good year, doubtful anyone under 40 even knows who Harvey Williams is, but he was so worth it one year.

I'm looking to be tested, challenged. I don't take my team name lightly, and neither should you.
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:13 am

Welcome aboard Marc. We are getting quite the international bunch lately and it's awesome. Jump on in and make yourself at home. Andy, our commish, is away right now, but something will likely be reaching out sooner rather than later. For now, jump on in and make yourself at home.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:15 am

Welcome Marc! As a young pup interms of my fantasy experience to me these stories of fantasy football pre-internet are just beautiful novels!

I think you have come to the right place! Hand around read the bylaws thoroughly and dive into the threads!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am

Welcome my fellow Canadian... You will love this place... You should change your team name to Hamilton Tiggers... Because Tiggers are a wonderful thing.
Take a looks around, know the bylaws, talk about whatever and just go through the process of becoming a RW member.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:42 am

Welcome Marc,

I am a fellow newbie to RW but everyone has been great so far.

I will pass on the advice given to me ; read and re read the bye laws and contribute on the threads. There are some great discussions going on with FA upon us !

Enjoy

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:50 am

Another person from America's hat! 

Welcome dude! As Bill said, Andy is gone until this weekend and will reach out to you when he gets back. Until then, read through the bylaws and get involved in football talk!

How did you hear about us?

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am

MFL. This year was rock bottom in our fun league, wanted to try Dynasty so I've been poking around their site and found a ost about you guys. Seems like the kind of place I need to be. Well at least until the strip clubs open back up.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigstrangebrew
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:56 am

Thanks to everyone for the love. Good advice, I'm working through the forums.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 11:59 am

Welcome, Marc. Oh and by the way, you spell your name wrong! rofl

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigmea10
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:07 pm

welcome2

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Also, might as well save you time. You will have to change your team name from "BetterThanYou". Just a hunch...

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Welcome Aboard Marc!  It's great to see new faces here.  This is an awesome community to interact with.  I excited to see the first time you use the letter "K"   grin

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Signig22
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:19 pm

Welcome Marc!

Hang around, get involved. Have fun.

cheers

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Welcome Marc! Like others have said, look around and hop into some other threads.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Also, might as well save you time. You will have to change your team name from "BetterThanYou". Just a hunch...

Why is that? I'm kind of attached to it. Seems like a crowd that wouldn't be offended by a little false bravado
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:49 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

Roger that. Blame my parents. And no, it's not short for Marcus.

I tried to change it in Grade 3 by writing "Mark" on a test. Apparently that's not the legal way to do it. Try going through life spelling your name for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bdn0uh92zopj4w4ydwpln1vpzbqjitbn6f377yiqm&rid=giphy

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:52 pm

BombedIdiot wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Why is that? I'm kind of attached to it. Seems like a crowd that wouldn't be offended by a little false bravado

Well that is just my guess, Andy has final say on that kind of stuff. 

Quote :
A.3 Getting Started and Usernames
If you have read our bylaws and agree to abide by them, the first thing you need to do is register here on our community forum.  Your username must be your complete team name (you have 25 characters including spaces) and team names must be in the format (Location > Nickname) but the "location" DOES NOT need to be where you live or where you're from.  The RWP must approve the team name for it to become official.  
Example names: Los Angeles Stars, Bikini Bottom Badasses, Crystal Lake Madmen, Idaho Spuds, North Pole Polar Bears

No quite sure if "BetterThanYou" is a mascot, but that is not my call.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Welcome, Marc! Must be pretty where you live. Are ya'll near the bay?

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigvip16
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Welcome, Marc! Must be pretty where you live. Are ya'll near the bay?

If you're referring to Hudson Bay, not really. We are as far north
as you can basically drive, the main highway forks off East and West just north of us. There is allegedly a dirt road that goes up to Hudson Bay/James Bay but have not confirmed it, most people would fly or train up there. It would be several more hours drive to get there. Probably more than you wanted to know.

Actually interesting fact is we straddle the Height of Land. North of us water flows to Hudson Bay and south of us it flows to the Great Lakes. We do have a small pond (or maybe large pond, small lake) where we are building our cabin. When you're talking about Canada the identification of lakes and ponds really depends on your perspective. We have them in all shapes and sizes.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Barclo10
Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:10 pm

BombedIdiot wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

Roger that. Blame my parents. And no, it's not short for Marcus.

I tried to change it in Grade 3 by writing "Mark" on a test. Apparently that's not the legal way to do it. Try going through life spelling your name for everyone.

I still get asked if it is with a "C" or a "K".

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigmea10
Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Welcome aboard

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigduf10
Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 pm

Welcome to RW Marc!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigtre15
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm

BombedIdiot wrote:

That's a great view! I'm missing the great outdoors.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:51 pm

Welcome Marc!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
BombedIdiot wrote:

That's a great view! I'm missing the great outdoors.
There are great views like this all over Canada, best country ever.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Welcome Marc, glad you found us!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigfal14
Back to top Go down
Gainesville Gators

Gainesville Gators

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 9:50 pm

Welcome Marc!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Siggat15
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Welcome Marc!

You must be somewhere between this triangle. Mattagami, Matachewan, and Timmins.

I am in your old haunts. I'm in Dundas.

That is one hell of a move you made man. 7 maybe 8 hours do north. Damn.

I too owned Harvey Williams in 1995, and spent every Monday morning racing for the USA Today to do IDP numbers. Lived in Mississauga back then.

Who is your team, I have not seen a mention. But I also can't see that good so I might of missed it.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Australia Killer Koalas

Australia Killer Koalas

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 am

Welcome Marc vote yes

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigkil18
Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 am

Welcome Marc!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigbli22
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:06 am

Hey Marc,
I'm still away so I'll reach out soon for any next steps. For now, I'd recommend the FRONT PORCH and BYLAWS section of our site mostly. Nick correctly alerted you to the team name aspect which will need to be addressed but getting awarded a franchise in our club is not a quick process and really getting familiar with how things work here is the best advice I can give.

I can't even imagine the pre-internet days. Not sure I would have survived that myself.

Love that you are building a cabin up in beautiful country like that. Good for you!

Welcome to RW!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:02 am

Welcome Marc. Surprised y'all get internet that far north.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:14 am

Take it from me this place is worth it, dont get hung up swinging your dick on a name aspect.
Been there done that.

Welcome to RW.

Chupacabra's out.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:18 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Welcome Marc!

You must be somewhere between this triangle.  Mattagami, Matachewan, and Timmins.

I am in your old haunts.  I'm in Dundas.

That is one hell of a move you made man.  7 maybe 8 hours do north.  Damn.

I too owned Harvey Williams in 1995, and spent every Monday morning racing for the USA Today to do IDP numbers.  Lived in Mississauga back then.

Who is your team, I have not seen a mention.  But I also can't see that good so I might of missed it.

You nailed it. Just north of Kirkland Lake.

I'm a sports atheist. As a kid I was a Cowboys fan. Wore my Tony Dorsett jersey to football practice. They were average then terrible. In the 90's suddenly everyone was a Cowboys fan and I hated it. Now I just love football.
Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:51 am

Welcome to RW Marc! This place is an awesome community. Stay active and settle into the forums. Hope you stick around!

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigsilverbacks
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Welcome Marc

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Been thinking about the name thing.

Sesekinika Strange Brew

Ses is a small town just outside the forest. You all should know what Strange Brew is
I think it has a decent ring and to it.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 am

I like the name.

Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 am

I know what Irn Bru is - not my cup of carbonation but to each there own

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Australia Killer Koalas

Australia Killer Koalas

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 2:00 am

BombedIdiot wrote:

Sesekinika Strange Brew

Ses is a small town just outside the forest. You all should know what Strange Brew is

via GIPHY

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigkil18
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:07 am

BombedIdiot wrote:

Sesekinika Strange Brew

That name works for me, Marc. Change your username to that. Thanks

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:53 am

A proper team name and an updated avatar. Boom! Press F5 to refresh this page.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 11:28 am

I like having another Canadian here.

Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:07 pm

Love the new name

Makes me thing of the song by Cream. You could have that as your fight song !

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Toontown Warlocks wrote:

One in one out. Thems the rules.

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Siguni16
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Toontown Warlocks wrote:

Ross, Todd has been here a longtime. Don't say those things

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Toontown Warlocks wrote:

Scotland too? pray

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Wasn’t there someone else that had the name strange brew years ago?

Back to top Go down
Sesekinika Strange Brew

Sesekinika Strange Brew

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:03 pm

I underestimated you guys. Strange Brew is a classic movie featuring Rick Moranis, Dave Thomas and Max Von Sydow. It's a Bob and Doug movie. Please don't tell me I have to explain who Bob and Doug are.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)   Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sesekinika Strange Brew (Marc)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: