Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:42 am

Fun read... look forward to the rest.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:16 am

How impressive was Rodgers last night?
Towards the end of the game when he was flushed out the pocket, moving to his left and finding Cobb on the sideline. That was super impressive.

If there is a better QB in the league, I haven't seen them!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:21 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
How impressive was Rodgers last night?
Towards the end of the game when he was flushed out the pocket, moving to his left and finding Cobb on the sideline. That was super impressive.

If there is a better QB in the league, I haven't seen them!

He is unreal.

Quote :
Cobb said the final play was not an actual playcall. Rodgers just told each receiver what to do, like a kid drawing in the dirt. Seriously.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

I don't care if you all think I'm a Homo! But I LOVE Aaron Rodgers 1st winning

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I didn't get a chance to watch the Packers game this weekend but I did watch Ride Along 2.  Awful movie but it did have Olivia Munn.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I don't care if you all think I'm a Homo!

We're not judgmental here.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I don't care if you all think I'm a Homo!  But I LOVE Aaron Rodgers 1st winning

It doesnt make me a homo if I like Rodgers wink

Guy is amazing to watch.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:01 pm

I don't care if you all think I'm a Homo!  But I LOVE Aaron Rodgers 1st winning

You are not judged here, you are not a "homo".  Butt, a "FLAMING HOMO".

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:55 pm

I don't care if you all think I'm a Homo! But I LOVE Aaron Rodgers 1st winning

No You're a fan...

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

But I prefer to love Olivia Munn instead...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Interesting read.   Sometimes you forget that these players have real lives beyond what we see.

http://ijr.com/2017/01/779446-dad-of-aaron-rodgers-drops-sobering-truth-about-his-son-fame-shattered-the-bond-with-his-family/

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:24 pm

I know what they don't need...some jerkoff media cunts prying into their business. I see Aaron not talking about it and Jordan talking to ABC12News and People Magazine. I'll declare Jordan the problem based on that information.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Personal bullshit. People should shut the F up about family stuff. So his family tried to grub all over his stardom and money. Bye Felicia.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Personal bullshit. People should shut the F up about family stuff. So his family tried to grub all over his stardom and money. Bye Felicia.

I think that Nick may be Mary Fulwiler ...

Mary Fulwiler wrote:

Mary Fulwiler
[size]
Seriously? You had to publish this garbage now? What are you hoping to accomplish by doing this? If Aaron Rodgers dad was a smart man, he would have kept his mouth shut. His brother Jordan should have kept his mouth shit too. Do they really think this is going to bring them back together??? No. [/size]

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 pm

I hate Aaron Rodgers. First, he takes Olivia Munn away from me and then Lions victories. Of course this slimebag doesn't have a family -- or maybe even a soul. Screw him.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Ummmm, Olivia was mine Brad. I saw them at a meat market in town one time. Man does she look good all scrubbed out in jogging pants with hair up.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Ummmm, Olivia was mine Brad. I saw them at a meat market in town one time. Man does she look good all scrubbed out in jogging pants with hair up.

Pretty much the only reason to move to GB in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm

RODGERS CALLS IT QUITS! surprised :

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Break ups are hard, even if you stay friends.  The Bears have zero chance this year.  Rodgers will have less distractions

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Amen. Less distractions. I like this update.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Break ups are hard, even if you stay friends.  The Bears have zero chance this year.  Rodgers will have less distractions

Like it. Moved up my draft board. mischieveous
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
RODGERS CALLS IT QUITS! :surprised:

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Someone put Matt on suicide watch. Rodgers broken collarbone.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm

This is why the NFL sucks. Aaron Rodgers, Odell Beckham and David Johnson out for the season. 3 of the best and most exciting players in the league.

NFC North is wide open now.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Great player....SI had an interesting interview with him this month...good read, hate to see this happen to any player
Like Ross said, division is now wide open...the Bears won today!

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Wide open if you mean gift rapped for the Vikings. I'm excited to see what Hundley can do...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Insult to "injury"... wink

Quote :
Packers coach Mike McCarthy revealed Monday that Aaron Rodgers needs surgery on his broken right collarbone.
It's to his throwing side. McCarthy didn't give an exact timetable, but the fact that Rodgers needs surgery almost certainly knocks him out for the season. Brett Hundley will be the Packers' new starter with Joe Callahan behind him.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 pm

I guess I just assumed this was gonna be the way it went so it's not much of an update. Welcome to the Eternals IR Mr. Rodgers.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Really bummed for this injury. Was looking forward to watching him in person in December against the panthers.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Let's just bring this here for some debate because I think it is an absolutely ridiculous comment.

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
All for the greater good my friend. Sometimes people need a gentle shove out the door. Doesn't at least part of you want to see what Rodgers can do without MCCarthy?

I think Rodgers is what he is with whatever coach he has, which is one of the greatest QB's in the history of the league already at 33.

I will put him at #15 All-Time.  #3 All Time on his own franchise.  That puts him among the greatest, but not one of the greatest.  

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Whoa. He's clearly the best in GB as far as I'm concerned. I mean, he's better than dick pic... And then Bart Starr - different era/time so it's hard to judge.

15 All time seems quite high too, but I haven't really thought to put an actual list together.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Whoa.  He's clearly the best in GB as far as I'm concerned.  I mean, he's better than dick pic... And then Bart Starr - different era/time so it's hard to judge.

15 All time seems quite high too, but I haven't really thought to put an actual list together.

He is damn good... Don't know if I automatically put him ahead of Brett or Bart for that matter... Bart has the championships... Brett has countless records... Take a couple hail marys away and Aaron has a few playoff appearances less. Idk. Tough to say right now. Let's say he never recovered from this injury and walked away from the game right now. I honestly put him #3 in Packers history. Now that's not to say he won't be #1 by the end of his career... But too early to say still.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:46 pm

How in the world can you say that Aaron Rodgers is not a better NFL QB than Favre? Because of TD's? Because of longevity? Because all the stats say that Rodgers is not only better than Favre, but the best in NFL history in QB rating, by a WIDE margin.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 pm

at this moment Favre's career is better than Rodgers but if Rodgers keeps it up than he can definitely pass Favre

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Welp... We can run down the stats...

Rodgers has played 8 seasons, from age 25-32 (2008-2015)... If we compare Favre's age 25-32 (1994-2001) seasons, here is how it looks...

Rodgers' Record: 80-39 (.672), 7-6 playoff record, 2 NFC Championship appearances, 1 Super Bowl appearance, 1 Super Bowl title.
Favre's Record: 86-42 (.672), 9-5 playoff record, 3 NFC Championship appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl title.
Edge goes to Favre.

Through 2015, Rodgers is 6th-best completion percentage (65.1%). Impressive but not the whole story since of the top 13 players, 10 of them become starters in 2001 or later. Shows a change in NFL offense and culture (dink and dunk plus countless rule changes favoring the passing game).
Overall, Favre ranked 17th all-time at 62%.
From 2008-2015, Rodgers has a 65.3% completion percentage, that was 3.99% better than league average. For Favre, his completion percentage of 60.6% was 2.99% better than league average. He did hit 63% in 1998 to tie for the best completion percentage in the NFL.
Edge goes to Rodgers in raw data, but when you compare the two based on style of game and rules at the time, Favre is just as good as Rodgers in this department.

Favre: 4,012 yards per season (1994-2001)
Rodgers: 4,008 yards per season (2008-2015)
Passing yards have gone up ridiculously in the last 15 years, but at the time, Favre was 665 yards better than league average while Rodgers was only 351 yards over the league average. Rodgers has never led the league in passing yards while Favre did it twice (1995 and 1998).
Look at the era, edge goes to Favre.

Rodgers: 6.23% sack percentage (times sacked per passing attempt). This was 0.66% higher than league average. Rodger also lead the league in sacks in 2009 (50) and 2012 (51). Sacks translate to yardage lost, which Rodgers averaged 231 yards lost per season, 5.36 less than league average.
Favre: 5.46% sack percentage. This was 1.28% below league average. He averaged 207 yards lost per season, 40 yards under league average. Favre has been sacked more than anyone in league history, but that is a stat created by longevity in the league.
Edge goes to Favre.

Favre: 2nd all-time in passing touchdowns. First QB to throw for 500 TDs and ended at 508 TDs.
Rodgers: Owns Packers' record for TDs in a season at 45 (2011) and also tied with Favre for second best at 39.
Favre: Led the league in TD passes 4 times, 3 of which during this period (1995, 1996, 1997) where he also won league MVP all three of those seasons in a row, the only player ever to do that. Favre tossed 31.25 TDs per season, which is 10 TDs better than the league average of 21.1 TDs.
Rodgers: Slightly better average at 32 TDs per season, but only 8.31 TDs over the league average. Rodgers has never led the league in TD passes.
Edge goes to the forgotten greatness of Brett Favre.

Rodgers: Has thrown fewer than 10 INTs in 5 of his 7 seasons (minimum 10gms played). Pretty incredible I must say. He averaged only 8 INTs per season from 2008-2015. That is 7 INTs fewer than league average.
Favre: Averaged 16.63 INTs per season. NFL QBs during this time threw 17.24 INTs per season, which is more than 2 INTs higher than the league average from 2008-2015. Which means Favre was slightly better than the league average by 0.61 fewer INTs per season. Bart Starr even had a higher INT percentage (4.4%) over Farve (3.3%) in their careers.
Edge obviously goes to Rodgers, who is unbelievably disciplined as a starter.

Conclusion, while Rodgers is having a great career so far, it isn't finished yet. Hell, the last year and a half haven't been too positive for Aaron. Most want to only think of the end of Favre's career in Green Bay, or the part in New York/Minnesota... But the truth is when you compare the two at the same age, while accounting for the state of the NFL at each time, Favre still owns the overall advantage over Rodgers.

Rodgers has even had the benefit of playing in the same system with the same head coach his entire career. That is certainly a big plus. McCarthy might not be high on the minds of Packer fans currently, he has done a tremendous job with QBs in his time and is still viewed by many experts as a great offensive mind.

Favre wasn't so lucky. Mike Holmgren was the ideal coach for Favre. Ray Rhodes was a horrible coach, period. And Mike Sherman gave Favre far too much freedom that cost him some quality years. Image what Favre would have done with Holmgren his entire career? Just looking and comparing stats isn't fair in any era of any sport. Too many rule changes and style changes to count. It would not be a stretch to believe that Favre's production would've been incredibly greater had he started in 2007 or later with how the NFL has completely accommodated quarterbacks during Rodgers' tenure as starter. Hell, at age 40, having already played in 291 consecutive games, Favre has one of his best seasons ever: 4,402yds, 33 TDs, and only 7 INTs. Imagine him playing in this modern era of the passing game in his prime with fresh legs and a deadly, young arm. Just think about the 3-time MVP who was putting up phenomenal numbers before the NFL completely turned in the QBs favor.

Those who already have Rodgers elevated above Hall of Famers like Favre and Starr need to slow down. Comparing players from different time periods will forever be an entertaining and frustrating mission. For my money, Favre still has a sizable lead in the all-time QB debate. He did it for longer and accomplished more, all while lifting a struggling franchise and competing in a tougher environment for passers.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Yeah, it is hard to compare because Rodgers has a bunch of years left (Hopefully), but the guy is disgusting. Think about this:

Rodgers has 310 TD's. He had 72 INT's when he threw his 300th TD.

Quote :
Peyton Manning is the NFL’s all-time leader with 539 career touchdown passes. He had 152 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Brett Favre threw 508 career touchdown passes. He had 175 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Drew Brees has 465 career touchdown passes. He had 154 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Tom Brady has 456 career touchdown passes. He had 115 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Dan Marino threw 420 career touchdown passes. He had 169 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Fran Tarkenton threw 342 career touchdown passes. He had 219 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Eli Manning has 320 career touchdown passes. He had 205 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Philip Rivers has 314 career touchdown passes. He had 146 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
Ben Roethlisberger has 301 career touchdown passes. He had 160 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.
John Elway retired with exactly 300 career touchdown passes and 226 career interceptions.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Of the people who have watched Favre and Rodgers play consistently its been my experience that about 75% of them would pick Rodgers over Favre. Everything about Rodgers is better except durability. Rodgers is more accurate, less turnovers, better in the pocket, better at extending plays

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Sack percentage? That's one reason Favre threw so many interceptions, to avoid sacks. Trying to throw the ball to early or in triple coverage. Rodgers will take a sack and throw for a 1st down on the next snap

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Sack percentage? That's one reason Favre threw so many interceptions, to avoid sacks. Trying to throw the ball to early or in triple coverage. Rodgers will take a sack and throw for a 1st down on the next snap

God I remember yelling at my TV or at Lambeau so much! He would do something so awesome, and then something so bone headed on the next play. Fun years though.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I love Favre, always will. Between Wolf, Favre and White they made the franchise what it is today. This is not a knock on Favre but I feel Rodgers is a better QB. Favre has the numbers and if Rodgers plays that long he'll have historic numbers.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm

You guys are both insane, but at least Dan made my argument for me. Favre has the numbers but Rodgers will if he plays that long...

You wanna talk about Rodgers' TD to INT ratio... I already covered that in my argument. The NFL is a totally different league today than it was 20 years ago. The "safe, check down offense"... The high percentage play calling... The ridiculously soft rules that make it so you can't breathe on the QBs or the WRs...

8 out of 10 Packer fans that dog Favre only do it because he played for the Vikings. Like I said, if Rodgers retired today, you're are psychotic millennial if you put him ahead of Favre or Starr and need to rethink being a Packers fan.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
You wanna talk about Rodgers' TD to INT ratio... I already covered that in my argument.  The NFL is a totally different league today than it was 20 years ago.  The "safe, check down offense"... The high percentage play calling... The ridiculously soft rules that make it so you can't breathe on the QBs or the WRs...

8 out of 10 Packer fans that dog Favre only do it because he played for the Vikings.  Like I said, if Rodgers retired today, you're are psychotic millennial if you put him ahead of Favre or Starr and need to rethink being a Packers fan.

Check down offense? I don't think you have watched Rodgers play very much, this is not Brees we are talking about.

And I don't want to have the argument, because we are very lucky to have both that played for our team for so long. But if you ask me to have one or the other on their best day, I would choose Rodgers over Favre 1000 times over again.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Same goes for choosing one on their worst day.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:16 am

All great QBs...but being from different time periods comparisons are difficult...bottom line is who was most successful.
In 16 seasons, Starr won five NFL champions including the first two Super Bowls, both of which he was the MVP. He also won the league MVP in 1966 and was selected to four Pro Bowls.
Enough said....
Link to comparison of GB QBs...top 10....http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694094-green-bay-packers-titletowns-top-10-quarterbacks-of-all-time

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 am

nice - still hate him though

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am

Love the story. I have never met him personally, but would probably act like a giddy school girl if I did.  laughing

I have had the opportunity to meet a bunch of Packers, Charles Woodson being my favorite, drank wine with him, most down to earth dude ever.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Of course. Michigan Man. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   

Back to top Go down

Aaron Rodgers QB GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum