Share | 

Aaron Rodgers QB GB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Quote :
Black Baratz, the agent for Green Bay Packers TE Jermichael Finley, took a hit at QB Aaron Rodgers recently, not comparing him to great quarterback leaders in the league. "A-Rod is a great QB he isn't a great leader," Baratz wrote. "There's a major difference. Leaders take the blame and make everyone better. He doesn't."

Interesting...

So he's supposed to take the blame for Finley's stone hands?

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 pm

I feel a favre quote coming soon.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Not the first time Rodgers "teammate qualities" has come up.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Quote :
Rodgers will be looking to snap out of a mini-slump as he hasn't notched a 300-yard passing game in the past 5 weeks.

surprised2 surprised

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Quote :
The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports the Packers "appear more likely to address" Aaron Rodgers' contract this offseason.

Analysis: Beat writer Pete Dougherty points to Joe Flacco's impending free agency in Baltimore and his aspirations for "Drew Brees money" as reasoning for the Packers to lock up Rodgers as soon as possible. Rodgers has two more years left on a six-year pact, but he's vastly underpaid at $10.8 million annually. If Green Bay holds off and Joe Flacco ends up getting anywhere close to his desired $20 million per season, then Rodgers' price will be astronomical. That gives Rodgers' camp all the more reason to see what happens with Flacco.

It all comes back to Flacco Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Quote :
The Green Bay Packers want to lock up Aaron Rodgers to a long-term contract before the start of the 2013 season. For the first time, the Packers are willing to talk about it publicly.

"It's a priority," Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I think as an organization, I think we all want to see that get done."

The deal presumably would make Rodgers the highest-paid player in the league. Rodgers currently is scheduled to make shy of $10 million-per-season on a contract that runs out after 2014. The Packers are making it clear they see Rodgers as underpaid and would rather get a new contract in place well before he enters a "contract year" like Joe Flacco did last season. It sounds like the Packers have the cash and the salary cap room to get a deal done.

"It's not an issue at all," Murphy said. "I think we've talked through with (COO) Russ (Ball) and (GM) Ted (Thompson) and we have more than enough resources to do whatever they need to do."

The Packers also may "need" to sign Clay Matthews long-term, although it's possible Rodgers' contract will come first.

Also on Green Bay's organizational wish list: They want to retire Brett Favre's number. It sounds like that day is getting closer.

"I don't want to put a deadline on it, but it's going to happen," Murphy said. "It's got to be sitting down, the organization, whether it's myself or others, sitting down with him and working on the timing on it."

We can see the headlines now: Rodgers and Favre, Packers for life. Or something like that.

After what Flacco got I assume this will be in the area of a 40 year 200 trillion dollar deal.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm

LOL...no doubt

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Quote :
Updating previous reports, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' five-year extension is worth a total of $130.75 million with $54 million guaranteed.

Money.

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:04 pm

With this deal, how much will cutler get next year? All these qbs will start pushing 20 mil I think because there not anyone to get to replace.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Just found this and my God...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:09 pm

I wish there was a photo of one of the guys getting blasted in the face by a dogeball..that would be awesome. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I wish there was a photo of one of the guys getting blasted in the face by a dogeball..that would be awesome. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

Haha or at least a training montage

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 am

Quote :
Initial tests on injured Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers showed a small fracture in his collarbone that could sideline him for about three weeks, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Tuesday.
Going to be tough for GB to hang on in the NFC North.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:58 am

Mad furious hairout hissy fit rant blow up 

Why do the fantasy gods hate me so...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Think its interesting that nobody is really giving an answer to how long he may actually miss.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Think its interesting that nobody is really giving an answer to how long he may actually miss.
I read it to be like 3 weeks.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Fractures have a big range of healing time. Many reports suggest 4 to 6 weeks for the clavicle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Given the slim playoff hopes, I'd think that Rodgers would be shut down for the season.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm hoping for some big news tomorrow. I got through a semi with Flynn at QB, and while the Steelers D this year ain't the Seahawks, they certainly aren't the Cowboys either. So I'm hoping Rodgers is back for the Pack...could cost me some money if not.

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Let Rogers rest and be healthy for 2014...that's when I'll need him... vote yes 

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Bummer to hear he's out again this week. Needed him for a final. Flynn or Fitzpatrick in the championship game doesn't have much of a ring to it, lol.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:42 am

Rodgers injury damn near cost me a title, but in retrospect, now that it's over, it becomes one of my favorite I've ever won to get through the semis with Matt Flynn and the finals with Ryan Fitzpatrick and still emerge victorious. Next man up!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:49 am

I had traded for Rodgers after he got hurt in my stupid work league in the hopes of using him in the playoffs. Obviously that didn't pan out which sucks. I won 128-126 so at least it didn't bite me in the ass to the extent of losing.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Aaron Rodgers   Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Being from Wisconsin I consider Aaron Rodgers the best QB in football but I understand I might be a little biased. Since we have such a diverse group I was wondering how he's perceived on a national level. My top 10 looks like this:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Brees
5. Luck
6. Stafford
7. Foles
8. Newton
9. Romo
10. Ryan
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 pm

I like you're list but I would replace Romo and Ryan with RG3 and R. Wilson. Also I would move Brees to #2 and move Brady to #4 other then that not a bad list and yes Rodgers has to still be the best QB bar none.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:54 pm

merged topics...

Dan, its about the only thing the search feature is good for but you can see if there is thread on a specific player by looking up his name. The goal is to have just one thread per player so that unlike some forums, we don't end up with a whole bunch about basically the same thing.

There was no way for you to know that though...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks for the heads up

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 am

The Packers have always been a pass first team during Rodgers tenure. It will be interesting to see how the emergence of Lacy affects the way GB game plans week to week.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:05 pm

They were a pass first team because they had to be not really by design.   Having a guy like Lacey finally gives them a threat to keep defenses honest and yes he will get his touches which might mean less pass attempts for Rogers,  but I think having a solid running game could actually help Rogers be more effective.   Hell,   play action passes might actually work now!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Interesting stat being talked about on the local shows in Milwaukee... In Rogers last 35games at home, he is 32-3. WOW, I had no idea. That makes me wonder what his last 35 Road games are though. I guess if your .500 on the Road and only 3 loses at home that's still pretty damn good. I'm really looking forward to the next 2 home games. Bring it on Philly! Bring it on Pats!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Watch out, Rodgers is hitting his stride again.

In six home victories, Rodgers has thrown 20 touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has not thrown a pick in Green Bay since 2012.

It doesn't get much better than that.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

3 Int's this year... Should have been even better, 2 of his 3 picks went off the WR's hands. Rodgers is better than Favre ever was.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:53 pm

AS A BEARS FAN

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
AS A BEARS FAN

I feel sorry for your Cutler situation. On the other hand it pretty much guarantees 2 wins a year for the Packers. One day we won't have a HOF QB...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:49 pm

in my lifetime????

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Odds are that our next QB is gonna be a bigger turd than Cutler, I mean there's no possible way we can have 3 HOF's in a row. Eventually karma is just gonna kick Packer fans square in the nuts... Repeatedly... For many years.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 pm

I hope so

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:38 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Odds are that our next QB is gonna be a bigger turd than Cutler, I mean there's no possible way we can have 3 HOF's in a row. Eventually karma is just gonna kick Packer fans square in the nuts... Repeatedly... For many years.

I just hope we can get lucky with our next QB in 7 years, like we did with Rodgers. It's very hard to find that franchise QB, but when you do you're setup for a long time. But it's still a while away so let's watch this bad ass throw the ball bow
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:54 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I just hope we can get lucky with our next QB in 7 years, like we did with Rodgers.  It's very hard to find that franchise QB, but when you do you're setup for a long time.  But it's still a while away so let's watch this bad ass throw the ball bow

Can you imagine if Rodgers was on a big market team? You would see this guys face everywhere, he still flies under the radar. I still don't think people realize how good this guy is, I know greatness is measured in SB rings but he is in the conversation even with 1 SB. If he wins 1 or 2 more he'll be a top 3 QB of all time.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:58 am

omg go get a room u 2

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:50 am

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
omg go get a room u 2

laughing

I am not ashamed to say it, but I have somewhat of a man crush on Mr. Rodgers rock on
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Cybertron Screamers wrote:
omg go get a room u 2

laughing

I am not ashamed to say it, but I have somewhat of a man crush on Mr. Rodgers rock on

sick  loser you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Since I gush about Rodgers when he plays well I feel compelled to also mention that the last game @ Buffalo was the worst game I've seen him play, probably ever.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Since they did the exact same same thing to Manning AT Denver, so that Denver barely won that game..........

Maybe we are overlooking how good that Defense really is.

What would happen if they had an actually QB???????????

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:18 pm

I say the same thing about the Rams.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I say the same thing about the Rams.

And I would whole heartedly agree.

Except for the Cardinals.

They are the exception to the ENTIRE rule.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:25 pm

The Cardinals have Fitzgerald, Floyd and Brown who has turned out to be very good. Buffalo only has Watkins and the Rams are all kinds of fucked. Austin? Stedman? Meh.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
The Cardinals have Fitzgerald, Floyd and Brown who has turned out to be very good.  Buffalo only has Watkins and the Rams are all kinds of fucked.  Austin?  Stedman?  Meh.  

Disagree. Fitz has been hurt a lot of the year (he's 48th), Brown ranks 55th overall, Floyd 57th. Robert Woods is 53rd.

Sooooooo, to me, in that Division, you have to give almost all of the credit to the D. We'll see what happens the next 2 weeks since they play both the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Alright and where to the Rams WR's rank? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers QB GB   

Back to top Go down

Aaron Rodgers QB GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum