HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Roddy White WR ATL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Roddy White WR ATL   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Quote :
Roddy White (groin) is officially listed as questionable for Week 2 but is expected to play. Analysis: White was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday but was a full participant on Saturday, so he's likely to suit up. After hauling in six passes for 87 yards in Week 1 against the Chiefs, White is a borderline WR1 on Monday night against the Broncos. He's a lock for your Week 2 fantasy lineup.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 am

Uh-oh...

A source tells Profootballtalk that there's 80-20 odds Roddy White (ankle) will not play in Sunday's opener against the Saints.

ESPN's Adam Schefter was first to raise concerns Sunday morning by saying White's ankle is "worse than the Falcons are letting on." FOX Sports' Jay Glazer later chimed in and reported White had yet to cut on the ankle since injuring it in the second preseason game. It appears White did suffer the dreaded high-ankle sprain, though the Falcons denied it. If White can't go, Julio Jones has the ability to just go off. Jones was already locked in as a top-five receiver play. White is going through pre-game warm-ups as we speak. He's a full-blown game-time decision. The Falcons will announce inactives in about an hour.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:34 am

Well, he is not on the Inactive list, but Asante is.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:36 am

ESPN just reported he will start...

What to do what to do........

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 am

I know - rotoworld speculating they may use him as a decoy. Thanks for adding that purely speculative complication...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Quote :
White went on to also admit that he does have a high-ankle sprain. "Yeah. It's hard to cut. It's hard to do just about everything at the position." These kinds of injuries do not heal quickly, making White questionable for a Week 2 game against the Rams.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Quote :
White (ankle) did not practice Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Analysis: White was clearly not himself in the opener, when he hauled in both of his targets for 19 yards in New Orleans. What was initially deemed a low-ankle sprain was actually of the high variety, which makes his presence on the field in Week 1 all the more surprising. His availability for Sunday's game against the Rams should clear up as the weekend draws closer.
This dickhat is riding the bench until he shows up.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Quote :
White (hamstring) has a 50-50 chance of playing in Atlanta's Week 7 game against Tampa Bay, NFL.com reports. Analysis: White, who has also suffered from an ankle injury this season, fortunately has a bye week to rest his body ahead of the Falcons' next game on October 20th. With fellow wideout Julio Jones likely out for the season with a broken foot, Atlanta will certainly hope to have White at their disposal when they return from their week off.
Wow. It looks like he's going to be playing gimpy all year at this rate.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm

That seems like a weird report. Hamstrings are weird injuries, some can be over in a day, some a week, some linger for longer. I don't know how it can be 50/50 that he plays in two weeks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
That seems like a weird report. Hamstrings are weird injuries, some can be over in a day, some a week, some linger for longer. I don't know how it can be 50/50 that he plays in two weeks.
cuz we have nothing better to speculate on right this second? Laughing 

In related news, 50/50 chance Calvin Johnson is playing in week 4 of the 2015 season. He might but he might not.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:03 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
cuz we have nothing better to speculate on right this second?  Laughing 

In related news, 50/50 chance Calvin Johnson is playing in week 4 of the 2015 season. He might but he might not.
crap this is double bad news. Can't start Wilson and now I find out Calvin might be out in W4 next year! I'm screwed!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 am

Quote :
ESPN Falcons blogger Vaughn McClure concedes that it "doesn't look promising" for Roddy White (ankle, hamstring) to play this week versus Tampa Bay. Analysis: White is still noticeably limping around the locker room. Friday's practice designation will tell us much more, but as of now we shouldn't expect to see White on Sunday. Assistant head coach Terry Robiskie was asked about the possibility of White's consecutive games streak ending and said, "I don't know as far as it coming to an end or not coming to an end. I know Roddy is the toughest guy I've ever coached
This fucking guy.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:49 am

He's a cunt. Doesn't miss a game for 10 seasons and then dares to get injured. Fucker.

wink 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:38 am

England Dragons wrote:
He's a cunt. Doesn't miss a game for 10 seasons and then dares to get injured. Fucker.

wink 
The most frustrating part is that Julio is down. He's THE GUY and has been dinged up all season. Bad luck!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:01 am

Stupid fucking streak and super fucking stupid coaches....this asshole should never have been on the field the first X amount of games...get healthy then play football asshole. He accomplished jack and shit so far this season but has managed to start every game and here we are at week 7 and you still can't play....

Your mouth has always told me you were a cunt. Now your actions prove you are a dimwit too.

Mike Smith very well might be the head coach I would most like to see someone walk up to and just decimate his face. Fuck that guy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:13 pm

OUT

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:04 am

This fucking guy... I kept hoping he was faking the injury but I guess not.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Quote :
White (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice, Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports. Analysis: Following drills, coach Mike Smith stated that the Falcons will take a "wait-and-see" approach with White, who was able to fit in some reps last Friday for the first time since suffering a strained left hamstring in Week 5. If White is sidelined for a fourth game in a row, Harry Douglas and Tony Gonzalez will be the primary receiving options for Matt Ryan once again.
Neutral 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:30 am

Quote :
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White was arrested in Gwinnett County early Tuesday on a failure to appear warrant, jail records show.
White, whose full name is Sharod Lamar White, was arrested by Gwinnett County police and booked into the Gwinnett County Jail just before 4:30 a.m. He was released about 90 minutes later on $168 bond, according to jail records.
White allegedly failed to appear in court on a traffic charge. The Gwinnett sheriff’s website shows an outstanding warrant for White on a charge of “non-transparent material on windows.”
White was arrested after being pulled over by Gwinnett police just after 3 a.m. for allegedly going 75 mph in a 65 mph zone on I-85 near Old Peachtree Road, according to a police incident report.
A check of the sheriff’s website by the officer showed the outstanding warrant issued a year ago for the illegal window tinting.
At White’s request, the Audi A8 he was driving was released to the front seat passenger, and White was taken to jail. He was issued a written warning for speeding, according to the report.
White, 32, was the Falcons’ first round draft choice out of the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2005. He has been selected to the Pro Bowl four times.
The Falcons issued a statement Tuesday morning, saying, “We are aware of the incident involving Roddy White. We anticipate this will be resolved shortly and we will have no further comment at this time.”

dumbdumb

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 am

Quote :
White agreed to a four-year contract extension with the Falcons on Thursday, the team's official web site reports.
Analysis: White battled ankle, hamstring and shoulder injuries for much of last season, the former of which made him miss his first games of his nine-year career. It was essentially a lost season for White, although he finished the year well, catching 43 passes on 60 targets for 502 yards and two touchdowns over the final five games. With Julio Jones expected to be healthy for training camp after missing most of last season with a foot injury, White will reclaim his role as the Falcons' No. 2 wideout.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Insiders saying he won't play tonight with a hamstring injury.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Same as last year.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Nothing new for him...Just hate to see it so early in the season.

Quote :
ROTO:  Roddy White will undergo surgery on his troublesome elbow, but is expected back for Week 1.
The surgery is being called "minor," and the expectation that White will still be healed by Opening Day comes via coach Dan Quinn. Still, the injury is another indication that White's body seems to be breaking down. He also requires sporadic drainings of his knee and has been banged up in each of the last two seasons. White turns 34 years old this November. Leonard Hankerson stands to benefit with more first-team reps the rest of camp.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 am

He is on the decline, it is a young mans game. Man I used to tear it up with Roddy in some leagues.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
He is on the decline, it is a young mans game. Man I used to tear it up with Roddy in some leagues.

I think he still has 1 more year left. He is just too much of a competitor to start to decline already.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:50 pm

His health is certainly on the decline, and that is going to impact his ability to keep putting up fantasy points...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Shame to see suck a great player being hobbled by injuries. He got away without them for so long but catching him up now...

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:32 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Shame to see suck a great player being hobbled by injuries. He got away without them for so long but catching him up now...

No shit, he was a fucking rock for a lot of years. Now... not so much.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:38 am

I am a bit surprised how quickly his game fell off but I also know injury has been a big part of the picture the last two years....so if he were to get healthy and have a couple more good years I wouldn't be shocked. It's hard to believe that when healthy he just fell off the cliff that hard already.

What I really don't like about White is his mouth. I forget specifics but he has said some really stupid shit over the years that left me wanting to punch him in the face.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:49 pm

If he is healthy, he still has WR2-3 potential each week.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
If he is healthy, he still has WR2-3 potential each week.

Just because he finished a season as a WR2 at 33? Pfft, whatever.

at least someone knows what they are talking about

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:07 pm

Quote :
Falcons released WR Roddy White.

White spent his first 11 years in Atlanta and is their all-time leading receiver. The Falcons wanted to keep him for his veteran presence, but couldn't justify his $6.1 million cap hit. 34-year-old White has been in decline the last two seasons and struggled with injuries despite starting all 16 games last year. He shouldn't draw interest as more than a No. 3 wideout. The Falcons will save $4.25M if they make White a post-June cut.

I remember some good times in PPR with him.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

I guess it was coming. He was fantastic 3 or 4 years ago. Great to own in fantasy.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:56 am

I see White being the next Andre Johnson this year. Goes to a new team, but gets passed up by younger talent. It sucks though because I'm a huge White fan, but getting old sucks. Thanks for the great years Roddy!

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 am

I remember taking over a devastated dynasty franchise in my first IDP league. The only good piece was Roddy White and that was enough hope for me to hop in and build around him.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:01 am

I liked Roddy early on in his career but he says too many stupid fuckin things for me. A quiet Roddy is a good Roddy imo.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:03 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I liked Roddy early on in his career but he says too many stupid fuckin things for me.  A quiet Roddy is a good Roddy imo.

yea, its fine to talk when you're among the leagues best, but once you're past your prime, don't run your yap anymore.

Him and Willy Moore during the Hard Knocks a few years ago were jawing most of the time. At that point, they both were both basically donezo, so it was more sad and annoying then entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:37 pm

liked him early on too - but he's been done for awhile now

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Any chance someone picks him up or is he done for good?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:15 pm

He is done as far as fantasy goes for me.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Toast, like old, moldy, gross burnt toast.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Dunzo

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roddy White WR ATL   Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:15 pm

He'll be back!

Oh wait, no he won't.

smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers