Share | 

Randall Cobb WR GBP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 am

Quote :
Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb had a game-high nine catches for 77 yards in Week 1 against the San Francisco 49ers. Cobb also made his presence felt in the return game, posting a 75-yard touchdown on a punt return to open the fourth quarter scoring.

He could end up being a PPR beast if they keep using him that way.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Quote :
Cobb will continue to see an increased role in the Packers backfield, PackersNews.com reports. Analysis: When asked about Cobb's role in the backfield, head coach Mike McCarthy told reporters "Randall was very productive with his opportunity, exciting player with the ball in his hands, and that's the theory on getting him in the backfield." He was targeted nine times in Sunday's game against the 49ers. His increased offensive role, along with his special teams return ability, could make him a legitimate fantasy football option.

Something to keep an eye on.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Quote :
Cobb (hamstring) was limited at practice Thursday, Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. Analysis: No word yet on whether Cobb's availability for Monday's game against the Seahawks is in any danger, but the fact that he was on the field at all Thursday suggests that his hamstring issue is probably a minor one.

Doesn't seem like a smart play against the Seahawks anyway.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Sounds nice, but I do not think he's currently worth a roster spot in a 12 team league.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Sounds nice, but I do not think he's currently worth a roster spot in a 12 team league.

Even taking off return yds, not sure I agree here Mike. Jennings is an injury hazard, Finley is so hit and miss, it really does look like he will get his chance.

Sorry I traded him now, as I agreed with you early this season.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Even taking off return yds, not sure I agree here Mike. Jennings is an injury hazard, Finley is so hit and miss, it really does look like he will get his chance.

Sorry I traded him now, as I agreed with you early this season.

So did I...

high five

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Quote :
Aaron Rodgers believes Randall Cobb is "probably going to go down as one of the better picks of Ted Thompson's career, if not the best." Analysis: It's a hyperbolic but telling statement. Cobb is never going to match Rodgers -- Thompson's first ever draft pick -- for impact, but it's obvious that his playmaking ability is special. With Greg Jennings' Green Bay future up in the air, Cobb is arguably the more valuable of the two receivers in Dynasty leagues. Cobb leads all NFL receivers in catch percentage and is fifth in yards after the catch.

Never been more wrong about a player.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Remember that time you almost traded him to me for a LB but I didn't want to trade Beason? Yeah. That was awesome.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Kevin Smith? surprised

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:15 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Kevin Smith? surprised

He looked good out there early this year. The Lions just don't like 'em cry2

The production I got out of him though more than covers what I paid for him.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

I think the Lions did that for the sake of conserving his value. If LeShoure looks like he will hold up they will trade Smith. If LeShoure gets hurt they have Smith to plug in.

But yea Cobb looks like he may be in the Percy Harvin mold.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Quote :
Aaron Rodgers believes Randall Cobb is "probably going to go down as one of the better picks of Ted Thompson's career, if not the best." Analysis: It's a hyperbolic but telling statement. Cobb is never going to match Rodgers -- Thompson's first ever draft pick -- for impact, but it's obvious that his playmaking ability is special. With Greg Jennings' Green Bay future up in the air, Cobb is arguably the more valuable of the two receivers in Dynasty leagues. Cobb leads all NFL receivers in catch percentage and is fifth in yards after the catch.

opposite here. He is one reason I kinda thought my team wasn't as fucked as most thought it was post-draft. Ugh, just think how good I would be doing if I hadn't fucked the overall draft as bad as I did. Damn.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:41 pm

I have Cobb in 3 leagues, wish I had him here.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Kevin Smith? surprised

In every league you bought him in?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:50 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Kevin Smith? surprised

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

And, just in case you didn't get it.................

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Kevin Smith? surprised

Mhmm. Got him for next-to-nothing. Well except one league. Took him in the 10th.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Quote :
The Packers will not take Randall Cobb off return duties despite his every-down offensive role. Analysis: The Packers consider kick and punt returns the first play of their offensive series. Cobb is too valuable to the team in that role and won't be coddled. He's currently 10th in the league in kickoff return average at 27.8 yards and 7th in punt return average at 11.1 yards. "He can do a lot of different things. We're just trying to find different ways to do it, get his hands on the ball because he can make things happen," OC Tom Clements said.

I'll miss him this week!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Quote :
The Packers will not take Randall Cobb off return duties despite his every-down offensive role. Analysis: The Packers consider kick and punt returns the first play of their offensive series. Cobb is too valuable to the team in that role and won't be coddled. He's currently 10th in the league in kickoff return average at 27.8 yards and 7th in punt return average at 11.1 yards. "He can do a lot of different things. We're just trying to find different ways to do it, get his hands on the ball because he can make things happen," OC Tom Clements said.

I'll miss him this week!
Have a chance now against you that he is not playing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
Quote :

I'll miss him this week!

No you don't.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
Quote :

I'll miss him this week!

No you don't.
Amendola coming back... I think so

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Quote :
Fox Sports Wisconsin says there's a "100 percent chance" Randall Cobb is in the starting lineup in 2013. Analysis: It's not unexpected news, but serves to confirm what we already knew was going to be the case. Cobb "started" just eight games in 2012 and exploded onto the scene. With Greg Jennings on his way out of town, Cobb will have the slot all to himself with Jordy Nelson and James Jones on the outside. He's a shoo-in WR2 in fantasy drafts, while he checks in as our own Evan Silva's No. 29 overall player in his post-season top 150.

money

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Quote :
Speaking Wednesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Randall Cobb's special teams responsibilities will be "up to (his) teammates."

In other words, the Packers are open to leaving Cobb on returns if no one emerges as an adequate replacement in camp. The Pack want Cobb to focus on receiving, but are reluctant to completely remove his game-breaking ability from special teams.

Interesting to note as RW gives points for Return yardage.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
Speaking Wednesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Randall Cobb's special teams responsibilities will be "up to (his) teammates."

In other words, the Packers are open to leaving Cobb on returns if no one emerges as an adequate replacement in camp. The Pack want Cobb to focus on receiving, but are reluctant to completely remove his game-breaking ability from special teams.

Interesting to note as RW gives points for Return yardage.

Who owns this stud?

winning

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I've got a trade offer for you

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:36 pm

There isn't enough ham sandwiches on the planet and besides I am watching my weight. too slow

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:38 pm

too slow peeing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)Randall Cobb said he's been working on his outside routes this offseason.
Analysis: Cobb doesn't want to be pigeonholed as a strict slot receiver, in part because he knows it will cap his earning potential down the road. "I don't want to work on just being a slot receiver," he said. "I want to be a receiver, period. I want to be able to go outside, too." At 5'10/192 with exceptional quicks, Cobb will always fit best as an inside weapon, and that will certainly be the case this year. Jordy Nelson and James Jones are locked in outside. We still won't be surprised if Cobb flirts with 90-plus catches.

Kind of surprised how many doubters I have seen around the internet in regards to this kid. Looking forward to his 2013 season.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Cobb is a stud.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Quote :
Randall Cobb (biceps) is inactive for the Packers' third preseason game. Analysis: Coach Mike McCarthy has said Cobb's injury will affect him for quite awhile, hinting at a partial biceps tear or severe strain. Whatever the case, the Packers apparently don't fear further injury and fully expect Cobb to be ready for Week 1. He's being held out of the third exhibition game as a precaution.
I'm getting worried now!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Cobb down and in a ton of pain. Fucked up his leg. Is being helped off the field. Can put absolutely no weight on it.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Ok seriously. Who put the hit on all my players. Guess I'll have to wait until next year for my undefeated championship season. Poo!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Out for the game. Knee injury. Fuck.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Ok seriously. Who put the hit on all my players? Guess I'll have to wait until next year for my undefeated championship season. Poo!
NiNja CaT, that who ... Evil laugh 

FeAR the FuRR ... :devil:

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm

And I thought you were just throwing me a bone. Note to self: don't trade for Jason's players.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:27 am

Quote :
A source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the early reports on Randall Cobb's right knee are "good." Analysis: "He'll be OK," the source said. It sounds like Cobb has avoided any kind of serious ligament tear, but we still can't rule out a sprain. The play-making slot man was unable to return to the game after Ravens S Matt Elam hit him after a 15-yard completion in the second quarter. He was also spotted on crutches. The Packers said they would update Cobb's status Monday afternoon.
pray 

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live the Packers' "expectation" is Randall Cobb (knee) will miss two games.
Pretty good considering.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:00 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live the Packers' "expectation" is Randall Cobb (knee) will miss two games.
Pretty good considering.
I just heard McCarthy's press conference and he didn't sound anywhere near as optimistic.

He said it would be multiple weeks. When pressed for if it would be season ending he just said again it's going to be multiple weeks and asked to move on from injury questions.

Fuck.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:11 pm

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Randall Cobb fractured his right fibula in Week 6 against the Ravens, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Well shit...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 pm

It could very well sink me in a couple leagues but I'm really not surprised given McCarthy's tone during his press conference. I knew it was going to be bad news.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Best wishes Randall

Selfishly - hairout furious 

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Better this than a Dustin Keller knee blowout.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:54 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Better this than a Dustin Keller knee blowout.
That is true.

Hope he can recover 100%

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:40 am

Love that I found the search button! I am a fan of Cobb

According to ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky, indications are free agent Randall Cobb is seeking a contract that averages $9M per season.

The extension Jordy Nelson signed with the Packers last season averaged $9.75M, comparable Victor Cruz is making $7.64M and last year's No. 1 free agent wideout DeSean Jackson got $8M annually. Cobb's demands could very well be met on the open market come March, as he's just 24 years old and uniquely explosive out of the slot. And we don't doubt that the Packers, who are scheduled to have nearly $23M in cap space, want him back. But it's unclear if GM Ted Thompson wants to dump all this cash on Cobb, especially with intriguing cheap youngsters like Davante Adams and Jeff Janis on the roster.
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 16 - 12:39 PM

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 am

I hope they resign him! I like Adams and all, but Jordy and Cobb on a whole other level then Adams. Cobb is pretty much Rodgers security blanket and knows where to be when Rodgers is in trouble.

So come on Ted, pay the MAN!!!!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 am

I hope they pay him too or let Cobb go to Chicago. devil2

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:24 am

Would love to see Cobb hit the FA market. GB seems to draft WRs with ease...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:31 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
GB seems to draft WRs with ease...

True dat!!! That is the one thing I think Teddy has an eye for come draft day. He always seems to find the right WR for the offense

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:36 am

I'd be extremely surprised if the Packers don't resign him. They don't usually let young talent go. They'll sign him to a 3-4 yr deal and let him walk after that, that's usually how they roll. Cobb is young enough that he'll get 2 more big contracts in his career. Whatever the Packers resign him for and then one more 3-4yr deal at the end of his career. The one guy they won't resign is Bulaga, they hardly ever resign OL, they're so good at picking up OL in the late rounds every year they don't need to.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Would love to see Cobb hit the FA market.  GB seems to draft WRs with ease...

I think this statement has more to do with the fact the Pack have trucked Favre and Rodgers out there weekly since 1992. That is almost 25 years, man. Also, Rodgers is deadly accurate. He throws footballs around a field like an English dart player.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randall Cobb WR GBP   

Back to top Go down

Randall Cobb WR GBP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: