Just picked up Coleman somewhere, nice!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Coleman looks to be a great player and beast ball hawk

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:00 am

Coleman plays extremly hard. I do like him and think he will be solid, but at the same time I don't think he is an elite safety. Good for Fantasy IDP formats though

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Quote :
Eagles waived WR Mardy Gilyard.
Gilyard just doesn't have the skills to be anything more than a fringe player. He's 5'11/194 and runs in the 4.5s.

Had a decent preseason he could make an NFL Roster in my opinion.

Quote :
Eagles released CB Joselio Hanson.
Hanson, who doesn't play special teams, got beat out by fourth-round rookie Brandon Boykin for the nickel corner job. He'll latch on elsewhere as an inside corner with 104 games of NFL experience.

Quality Corner but with Boykin there and a limited space on the 53 man roster had to part ways. Plus Boykin brings Return game to the team.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Quote :
Eagles waived S Jaiquawn Jarrett.
Jarrett was widely viewed as a reach when the Eagles selected him with the 54th overall pick in last year's draft. Although he was billed as an athletic hard hitter, Jarrett's instincts never developed. Often left floundering in coverage, Jarrett also showed a penchant for taking bad angles and missing tackles. Though he was given plenty of opportunities to win a starting job, Jarrett had tumbled to third-team defense after a disastrous preseason opener a month ago.

I blame this on the curse of treating Brian Dawkins like just another player

Quote :
Eagles re-signed WR Mardy Gilyard.
The need for Gilyard doesn't bode well for Jeremy Maclin's Week 2 status after coming down with a hip flexor in the opener. Gilyard is a fringe roster player coming off a strong August with the Eagles. He will be last on the depth chart at wide receiver.

You have to think Maclin is sitting out week 2 with this news.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Dear Eagles,

Can we please finish this game with at least half of our starters?

-Sincerely, Vince

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 am

Quote :
Sources tell CSN Philly that Eagles C Jason Kelce (knee) is out for the season.

Kelce was blocking Terrence Cody during the third quarter of Sunday's win over the Ravens when Ed Reed ran into his right knee. If Kelce is indeed done, he'd join starting left tackle Jason Peters on injured reserve. Former practice squadder Dallas Reynolds will step in at center and represent a major downgrade. Sunday marked his first career NFL game.

Tough loss for the Eagles here, Kelce was a force at Center for the Eagles. The guy is funny as hell as well.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm

2-1, but they looked bad,

This next stretch of games will tell the tale. Tough games, they can't play like they have been.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Eagles should be 0-3.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm

yea but Justin with that logic we should have been 11-5 last year. A win is a win. I knew we were going to lose this game....we get destroyed out west no questions asked.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:22 pm

God they looked like SHIT

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 am

Sorry, but 12 turnovers in 3 games, you should be 0-3. Good thing one of those games was the Browns. Still not sure how they beat the Ravens.

If they don't fix this, they won't come near the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Sorry, but 12 turnovers in 3 games, you should be 0-3. Good thing one of those games was the Browns. Still not sure how they beat the Ravens.

good things opinions dont win games. Points do.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Vick is a lock to miss games this season... possibly by benching which I would not have expected. And then his career is going to end quickly because he hasn't picked up enough savvy/skills to make up for his inevitable physical decline. And it's hard to imagine a team carrying a backup passer with a skill set that doesn't mirror most starters.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Let all the Philly haters come out now. It was one game folks, after we whoop the Giants on Sunday Night you can start your bitching once again. Go ahead say all you want about Vick but the fact is Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Newton and Stafford have all looked like shit so far this year as well.

The thing with Vick though is everyone likes to kick him when he is down. I know he has brought it on himself with his career and off field decisions. He plays in Philly the toughest place in the world where fans will turn on you so fast it isn't even funny. The Eagles are 2-1 (same record as Dallas and NYG) they have played 2 terrible games (Clev and Ari and ended up winning one) and a great game against the Ravens which they won. No need to panic, and as far as Vick losing his job you are crazy. Maybe if they lose their next 5 games or something like that maybe Reid considers it, but really putting Foles in there now isn't going to solve any problems.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:48 pm

It has nothing to do with me being a Giants fan I just never liked Vick. Not in Atlanta, not in Philly.

I've always been a Vick "hater."

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
It has nothing to do with me being a Giants fan I just never liked Vick. Not in Atlanta, not in Philly.

I've always been a Vick "hater."

I honestly didn't know how I could cheer for the Eagles when they first announced he would be their starting QB. Cunningham and McNabb will always be the two QB's that I will admire the most. I learned to cheer for Vick, forgive the guy, give him a second chance - I listen to his press conferences and everything he has been doing off the field - he feels sincere to me. The guy wants to win and has the tools to win, I saw that in 2010 when we were a catch away from beating the Packers in the opening round of the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 pm

This wasn't meant as any Vick "hating"

All I was saying is, if they keep averaging 4 turnovers p/game, they will not make the playoffs. It will bite them in the ass.

That's not an opinion, that would be a fact.

They are already -6 in the Takeaway/Giveaway category this year.
Last year they were -14 for the year and missed the playoffs.
2010 they were +6, won the East, went to the playoffs.
2009 they were +15 and made the playoffs.
2008, +3, made the playoffs.
2007, -8, missed the playoffs.

Teams that finish the year -10 or more, usually do not make the playoffs. Not going to dig to deep, but would guess it to be a very low percentage, if any have ever done it.

Hence, they need to turn this trend around, or miss the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Go ahead say all you want about Vick but the fact is Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Newton and Stafford have all looked like shit so far this year as well.

Not everyone can have RG3 leading the way

cheers

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

good things opinions don't win games. Points do.

OK Vince, let's circle back to this.

Vick fumbled inside the 5, again. No points. Again. Lost by 2. 1st and goal, don't try Shady once or so? He is one of the best in the game. Instead, call Vick's number. Makes no sense to me.

Yes I know, can't say one way or the other if they scored there it would have made a difference, because the game may have been played different.

That being said, they didn't score, they turned it over. That is my whole point. They are not as good, right now, as their record. If they keep turning over the ball, they will not make the playoffs. I would love to see them fix this, but not sure they can. They need to fix Vick right now. 3-4 more games like this, they are in trouble.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Vick must grease his hands in pig lard prior to games for fuck sakes. He treats the ball like he is allergic to it. What they need to do is have him jack off an elephant prior to the game and grease them mitts of his in sticky tacky elephant jizz. Short of that, have the punter kick him in the nuts every time he fumbles and he'll get the message pretty quick to hold the rock or take another kick in the cock.

Just my two cents and I'm not sure it is even worth that much.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:55 am

Quote :
Beat writer Tim McManus suggests the Eagles may be willing to listen to trade offers for RB Dion Lewis.

Lewis has been a healthy scratch in four of five games this season, as Bryce Brown has taken over backup duties and Chris Polk contributes on special teams. A potential holdup is that the teams most obviously on the hunt for a tailback need more of a volume sustainer, not a satellite back best used in space.

Lewis is a talent but it is hard to see an NFL team in this day and age trade for a RB, giving anything up of much value.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Quote :
Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid wasn't kidding around when he said he was going to "tear things apart."

The Eagles announced Tuesday that they have dismissed defensive coordinator Juan Castillo from his duties and have named secondary coach Todd Bowles as their new defensive coordinator. It feel like the act of a desperate head coach.

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Quote :
Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid wasn't kidding around when he said he was going to "tear things apart."

The Eagles announced Tuesday that they have dismissed defensive coordinator Juan Castillo from his duties and have named secondary coach Todd Bowles as their new defensive coordinator. It feel like the act of a desperate head coach.

Evil laugh

Yeah, because it is all on the Defense. They are the problem. They should always stop the other team when the Offense gives them a short field.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Do you expect the Walrus to take the blame?!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm

The problem with the Eagles is they are a big pile of suck, sitting atop another heaping of suck, wrapped up in a burrito shell and topped with some suck sauce. I don't blame the Walrus, and I don't even put all the blame on Vick. It's a combination of several things on that team that they need to just blow up and start over.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm

I wouldn't say they need to blow up the team. They're so close to having it right. All they need is to start Foles, get a real coach, and defensive coordinator. They're making steps in the right direction.

They have a really solid defense and one of the best backs in the league. Yes their O-Line is shot to shit due to injuries but that'll get better.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:56 pm

But they are almost falling into the class of the Chargers... so close, great on paper... but come game time, something goes wrong every week. How are they not featuring McCoy more than they currently are? That would be coaching and game planning.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
But they are almost falling into the class of the Chargers... so close, great on paper... but come game time, something goes wrong every week. How are they not featuring McCoy more than they currently are? That would be coaching and game planning.

Exactly. They need new staff. The team itself (Minus the turnover machine known as Vick) is pretty stellar. (And as a Giants fan that's saying a lot.)

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Uh oh, the hits just keep on coming for the Eagles.

Quote :
LeSean McCoy suffers concussion
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said RB LeSean McCoy (concussion) suffered a concussion in the team's Week 11 game.

Source: Twitter

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Uh oh, the hits just keep on coming for the Eagles.

Quote :
LeSean McCoy suffers concussion
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said RB LeSean McCoy (concussion) suffered a concussion in the team's Week 11 game.

Source: Twitter

Look on the bright side...even easier to bet on whoever plays the Eagles. yes

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 am

I wouldn't say they need to blow up the team. They're so close to having it right. All they need is to start Foles, get a real coach, and defensive coordinator. They're making steps in the right direction.

They have a really solid defense and one of the best backs in the league. Yes their O-Line is shot to shit due to injuries but that'll get better.

Starting Foles turned out great...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Starting Foles turned out great...

Yeah he didn't look too fantastic although I didn't actually see the game. You never know what you have until they get an opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Its a great year to be an Eagles fan Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 pm

RB controversy here?????

Laughing

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Dion Lewis looks almost as good as Brown. Carolina run D is terribad.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Dion Lewis looks almost as good as Brown. Carolina run D is terribad.

Would be my luck, as much as I own Shady, they start RBBC.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Yeah, hard to know what to think...weak defense but they did have great games. With the impending collapse of this team this offseason I would be nervous no matter who you own in this backfield.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 am

Eagles just landed Mr. Chip Kelly as their new coach.

WOW they must have gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
Eagles just landed Mr. Chip Kelly as their new coach.

WOW they must have gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

We won't throw snowballs at you or boo you for at least the first quarter of the first game you're here.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm

What happened to him going back to Oregon?

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
What happened to him going back to Oregon?

NCAA sanctions most likely... fucking tired of these irresponsible collegiate coaches ride the wave of success on the coat tails of violations only to bail on their players, their staff and the university when it's all about to come down.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Quote :
Appearing on NFL32 Tuesday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen said it was his "understanding" that Michael Vick made more mistakes "decision-making wise" than Nick Foles in Eagles OTAs.

Analysis: Mort also hinted he does not expect new coach Chip Kelly to simply hand Vick the starting job despite his pedigree and salary. Mort believes the winner of the Eagles' quarterback competition will be the player to "buy in and execute what (Kelly) wants done." Foles should have little issue buying in, but his lack of mobility hurts his chances to properly execute Kelly's offense.

I honestly didn't think Foles had a shot.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:56 pm

me too - had vick and grabbed barkley in 1 league

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:40 pm

So I said in a few places I thought the Chip Kelley offense would fail.

It's early. Less than a half of football played so far but... damn.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 pm

That first half was fun to watch

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I disagree.

vote no 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:17 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I disagree.

vote no 
Heh.

Don't despair, really think the 'Skins are much better than that!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:24 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I disagree.

vote no 
Heh.

Don't despair, really think the 'Skins are much better than that!!
Indeed. I'm actually really interested to see the Eagles play next week. There's now some game film to study.

Did it just take a half for the 'Skins to adjust? Was RGIII's rustiness and inability to stay on the field in the first half a contributing factor?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 am

so basically the Eagles are running what the 49ers are running lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   

Back to top Go down

Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next