HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Philadelphia Eagles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I just want the Eagles to crash and burn because their fan base is a bunch of donkeys.  Other than that I could care less.  If they do well, good news is maybe other coaches play fast and loose like fantasy owners which is fun and there is no downside because the fan base really couldn't be any douchier if they tried so all upside in my world.

Agree...... And their a very fickle bunch... One minute they love their team then the next they want to kill everyone on the roster... Just one of those fan basis thats pissed off all the time cause they were ever born...


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:34 pm

The Philadelphia Eagles didn't wait for Monday to make the first stunning coaching move of the offseason. Head coach Chip Kelly has been fired.

"We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward," Eagles Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement.


Pat Shurmur will be interim head coach for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants.

Ed Marynowitz, Vice President of Player Personnel, also was released by the Eagles.

A news conference with Lurie will be held Wednesday, December 30 in the auditorium of the NovaCare Complex at 12:00 p.m. ET. Media will be permitted into the building at 10:30 a.m.

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Was just about to post that. Hilarious. What a disaster.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:47 pm

'Twas a novel idea. Really can't fault the organization for trying. Not sure if he dug a big hole with some of the moves or if someone can right the ship fairly quickly.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
'Twas a novel idea.  Really can't fault the organization for trying.  Not sure if he dug a big hole with some of the moves or if someone can right the ship fairly quickly.


I think it may take a little bit. He got rid of some very good players, and signed guys like Murray who wasn't a fit, and Snowflake Bones. I want him to coach an NFC North team.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5245

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm surprised that they did it now. Not sure why they wouldn't let him finish the season out???

Think he ends up in Tennessee or back in college?

I know USC just permanently hired their interim coach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to do something to bring him in, by buying out the guy they just hired.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Well him going to TN makes them relevant again and puts asses in seats, so that could be a possibility. A sad one because it's just for those reasons, but a true possibility.


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:02 pm

ROFL




smile and wave


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5803

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Chip the GM messed things up for Chip the coach


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Chip the GM messed things up for Chip the coach

He just couldn't control himself. Think that after the first two years, he thought he could do no wrong and got too greedy/wacky? Or what was his train of thought? Did he think anyone could operate in his system and be a star?


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2584

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Well him going to TN makes them relevant again and puts asses in seats, so that could be a possibility. A sad one because it's just for those reasons, but a true possibility.

Think you nailed it...He always wanted Mariota anyways. Maybe Miami?


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3750

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Chip the GM messed things up for Chip the coach

Chip the GM is an Idiot, Chip the Coach is somewhat better than I thought he would be. I did not think his high volume of plays offense would fly even remotely.

That being said, I would not want Chip to coach or GM my team. Miami, SD Chargers, Cleveland, Indy, Tennessee, Dallas, Philly, SF, Detroit seem to be the teams with possible openings coming at the HC level. Would any of them want the Chip-a-roo? I dunno.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Did he really revolutionize anything in the NFL? I mean, he had quicker plays, but that offense went away and was not as fast of paced after year 1.


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2975

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:36 am

Fuck Chip Kelly... I have no tears for the Eagles organization or fans... But fuck that arrogant prick. Go back to college where that mickey mouse bullshit might work.



Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:47 am

He's said he wants an NFL coaching job and only a coaching job. He will not be going back to college.

I imagine there will be no shortage of suitors.



Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5245

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 am

England Dragons wrote:
He's said he wants an NFL coaching job and only a coaching job. He will not be going back to college.

I imagine there will be no shortage of suitors.


Interesting.

I guess it's the challenge of it?  Something he hasn't done well in?   I don't know b/c I have no idea why folks would want him as their coach.  I think he's a trainwreck (with baggage). HOw he treated the players in Philly is going to dog him for quite some time IMO.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 am

I hope he goes back to college ball. I like the fast paced side of his coaching and hopefully some others adopt that to some degree but everything else was shit. If Tennessee or anyone else hires them as their head coach that will be an immediate red flag for the organization in my eyes.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:00 am

I think the Titans make a lot of sense and would be quite likely.

Not saying it would work, just that I could certainly see it happening.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:09 am

lol I was really hoping he'd stick around in Philly. I love watching the Eagles suck.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:38 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
lol I was really hoping he'd stick around in Philly.  I love watching the Eagles suck.

There is that. I agree.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:08 am

Is puzzling timing. Maybe some contract loophole savings by not letting him finish the season?


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3750

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Is puzzling timing.  Maybe some contract loophole savings by not letting him finish the season?

Don't see the timing having anything to do with money or loopholes. It simply sends this message to Chip from the owner Laurie "Fuck you asshole, you have sucked and ruined my season, so now I'm paying it back, have a shitty Christmas and a shitty new year. Good riddance out with bad rubbish. You're Fired!"

Yeah, that seems to be the message being sent ... cool2


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:56 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Is puzzling timing.  Maybe some contract loophole savings by not letting him finish the season?

Don't see the timing having anything to do with money or loopholes.  It simply sends this message to Chip from the owner Laurie "Fuck you asshole, you have sucked and ruined my season, so now I'm paying it back, have a shitty Christmas and a shitty new year.  Good riddance out with bad rubbish.  You're Fired!"

Yeah, that seems to be the message being sent ... cool2

lol3 or that


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:58 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
lol I was really hoping he'd stick around in Philly.  I love watching the Eagles suck.

Hell yes. Love having them suck, it's like having the Lions suck, it just belongs. laughing


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3423

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:21 am

When this news broke I was esstatic!!  I have ZERO care for Kelly and his college bull shit he was trying to bring into the NFL!  Never liked the guy and never will.  Really happy the fucker got canned


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 pm

I would think that the timing has as much to do with putting it out there that they are officially looking for a new HC as it is about giving him the finger.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5245

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
lol I was really hoping he'd stick around in Philly.  I love watching the Eagles suck.

Hell yes. Love having them suck, it's like having the Lions suck, it just belongs. laughing


Whoa whoa whoa... Slow down there padre. It's been well over a year since the Packers have beat the Lions at Lambeau right?


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
lol I was really hoping he'd stick around in Philly.  I love watching the Eagles suck.

Hell yes. Love having them suck, it's like having the Lions suck, it just belongs. laughing


Whoa whoa whoa... Slow down there padre.   It's been well over a year since the Packers have beat the Lions at Lambeau right?

Oh it was a GAME, I am talking about the YEAR! beer

Just had to poke, since there are a few Lions fans here.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2584

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Poor, poor, eggggles. I think Coughlin may have been a good fit to rebuild.

Schefter wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tom Coughlin has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Eagles' head-coaching vacancy.
And Philadelphia whiffs again. After missing out on Adam Gase (Dolphins) and Ben McAdoo (Giants), the Eagles failed to prove they were the "right fit" for the 69-year-old Coughlin, who understandably wants to win right away. The good news for Philadelphia is Chiefs OC Doug Pederson, who was thought to be a favorite early this week, is still available. Their attention will likely turn to him once the Chiefs are eliminated from the playoffs.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Poor, poor, eggggles.  I think Coughlin may have been a good fit to rebuild.

Schefter wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tom Coughlin has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Eagles' head-coaching vacancy.
And Philadelphia whiffs again. After missing out on Adam Gase (Dolphins) and Ben McAdoo (Giants), the Eagles failed to prove they were the "right fit" for the 69-year-old Coughlin, who understandably wants to win right away. The good news for Philadelphia is Chiefs OC Doug Pederson, who was thought to be a favorite early this week, is still available. Their attention will likely turn to him once the Chiefs are eliminated from the playoffs.  


He's to old to take over a rebuilder. He needs a roster he can win now with...


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2584

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:


He's to old to take over a re-builder.  He needs a roster he can win now with...

Don't agree Shawn..."Personally" he may "Want" an immediate winner (due to age), but his proven forte is the rebuild...Jags/Giants; and his age is not prohibitive of that.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Eagles hired Chiefs OC Doug Pederson as head coach.

The news was broken by the Philadelphia Daily News' Les Bowen. In a statement to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles said they have "concluded our search for a head coach." Pederson's hiring won't become official until the Chiefs' playoff run is through. An NFL assistant since only 2009, Pederson has served as Andy Reid's offensive coordinator since he arrived in Kansas City in 2013. He's overseen conservative, run-heavy units, but also gotten the most out of limited weapons. Along with Reid, Pederson helped the Chiefs successfully scheme around Jamaal Charles' injury to reel off a 10-game winning streak and make the playoffs. It's by no means a home run hire for the Eagles, but Pederson was the best name left on their board. It appears Pederson will be hiring ex-Rams DC Ken Flajole, presumably for the same position.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:16 pm

My favorite mullet ever, man I miss that thing.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:17 pm

My favorite mullet ever, man I miss that thing. I think this is a good hire for the Eagles. He will bring stability and a good gameplan.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5245

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 pm

I think it's funny that the Eagles are hiring Andy Reid's OC. Too bad they couldn't just get Reid... oh, wait.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7786

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think it's funny that the Eagles are hiring Andy Reid's OC.   Too bad they couldn't just get Reid... oh, wait.

isn't this the same team that went an entire fuckin season without a TD to a receiver? I feel like this guy is being talked up beyond his value just a wee bit. How great is the KC offense?


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7786

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:17 pm

good point - how do the eagles "sell" that guy to their fans?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
good point - how do the eagles "sell" that guy to their fans?

"We brought in a guy who gave all our stars away and ran our team into the ground but good news, we've upgraded by getting the guy whose offense couldn't score through the air for more than a full season. Enjoy cuntnuggets! You fucks deserve this."


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think it's funny that the Eagles are hiring Andy Reid's OC.   Too bad they couldn't just get Reid... oh, wait.

isn't this the same team that went an entire fuckin season without a TD to a receiver?  I feel like this guy is being talked up beyond his value just a wee bit.  How great is the KC offense?

That was 2014 man, they threw like 8 TD's to Maclin alone this year, they are on fire! laughing

I will give him one thing though, that offense has worked well for what the have. Jamaal went down and they didn't skip a beat. Alex smith has performed pretty well for being a bottom half QB.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think it's funny that the Eagles are hiring Andy Reid's OC.   Too bad they couldn't just get Reid... oh, wait.

isn't this the same team that went an entire fuckin season without a TD to a receiver?  I feel like this guy is being talked up beyond his value just a wee bit.  How great is the KC offense?

That was 2014 man, they threw like 8 TD's to Maclin alone this year, they are on fire! laughing

I will give him one thing though, that offense has worked well for what the have. Jamaal went down and they didn't skip a beat. Alex smith has performed pretty well for being a bottom half QB.


They might as well cut Alex Smith after the season if they're gonna bring in a whole new Offense to learn.. He's proven he doesn't do well each year he has to learn a new system...


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:55 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think it's funny that the Eagles are hiring Andy Reid's OC.   Too bad they couldn't just get Reid... oh, wait.

isn't this the same team that went an entire fuckin season without a TD to a receiver?  I feel like this guy is being talked up beyond his value just a wee bit.  How great is the KC offense?

That was 2014 man, they threw like 8 TD's to Maclin alone this year, they are on fire! laughing

I will give him one thing though, that offense has worked well for what the have. Jamaal went down and they didn't skip a beat. Alex smith has performed pretty well for being a bottom half QB.


They might as well cut Alex Smith after the season if they're gonna bring in a whole new Offense to learn..  He's proven he doesn't do well each year he has to learn a new system...

Alex Smith is the bar IMO. Below him is clearly wasteland. He is just decent enough to get ya bye...but you're right in that a real effort should be going into finding an upgrade.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 am

Quote :
Dolphins acquired CB Byron Maxwell, WLB Kiko Alonso, and the No. 13 overall pick in the 2016 draft from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft.
The deal was agreed upon Monday, but there was a hang-up in it Wednesday morning when the Dolphins were reviewing Maxwell's physical. He suffered a sprained SC joint in his shoulder Week 15 and missed the final two weeks of the year. Maxwell allegedly told the physician that he still can't bench press or do a push-up, but the Dolphins laughably have still signed off on the deal. Eagles "GM" Howie Roseman has pulled off a heist, moving up five spots in the first round AND getting the Dolphins to take Maxwell's albatross six-year, $63 million contract.

We now have two Eagles fans here now, right? Thoughts on the move up?


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5282

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:55 pm

The Eagles have traded for the #2 rookie pick.

Eagles get #2 and a 4th in 2017

Browns get ##8, 77, 100 and a 2017 1st and 2018 2nd


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1450

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 pm

I didn't see that 2018 2nd... where did you pull that?

That 2017 1st is tough pill to swallow...Likely going to be early


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5282

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:03 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
I didn't see that 2018 2nd... where did you pull that?

That 2017 1st is tough pill to swallow...Likely going to be early


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15280364/cleveland-browns-trade-no-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

The Browns get the 2016 first-round pick (No. 8 overall), the Eagles' third-round and fourth-round picks in 2016. They also get the Eagles' 2017 first-round pick and the Eagles' 2018 second-rounder.
The Eagles will get the Browns' 2016 first-round pick (no. 2 overall) and a conditional fourth-round pick from the the Browns in the 2017 draft.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The Eagles have traded for the #2 rookie pick.

Eagles get #2 and a 4th in 2017

Browns get ##8, 77, 100 and a 2017 1st and 2018 2nd

Good for the Browns. WAY too much to give up in my opinion. Gross.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The Eagles have traded for the #2 rookie pick.

Eagles get #2 and a 4th in 2017

Browns get ##8, 77, 100 and a 2017 1st and 2018 2nd

Good for the Browns. WAY too much to give up in my opinion. Gross.

Fan-speak. This is a salary cap driven league. Any position can be bought, except QB. This is the only way to get one.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1450

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Yea, feels like a hefty price for 6 spots... especially with that 2018 2nd. As an Eagles fan, I think we paid too much


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Lol @ Philadelphia

mock


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   

Back to top Go down
 
Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: