Titletown Tyrants
Chicago Hogs
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chicago Hogs

Chicago Hogs

Chicago Hogs (Will) Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 9:59 am

Who are you? Where do you live?
Hello everyone, my name is Will Murphy from the NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL. I am 32 years old, been happily married for a little over 2 years, and have an incredible daughter. I am the store manager of a Goodyear store, I have been working for Goodyear for almost 8 years.

Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted.
I have been playing in the same fantasy football league with my high school friends for the last 14 years, just a standard PPR league in Yahoo. I also play in a league with my softball team, which is also a standard PPR league on Yahoo. My last league is a family cousins league, which is standard PPR on ESPN. Also play in fantasy basketball and baseball the rest of the year.

Why do you want to be part of Roster Wars...what drew your interest?
I have always wanted to be part of a dynasty league, but have never had the opportunity to join one. My cousin in law, Keith, is in the Minor League of Roster Wars and he gave me the link the check out all the rules and such to see if I would be interested!

How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?
During the season, I typically spend my Sundays watching the first set of games, SNF, MNF, and the Bears. The rest of the week I usually check my teams a couple times a day to see for news/injury updates. Throughout the week, maybe watch some analysis or read some articles about possible future pick ups.

Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story.
Craziest story would be last season, when I was in the semi finals of my friends league. I had Jared Goff as my QB (hey remember he was good in 2018) and he had a questionable interception. I say questionable because after all the games were played I had won the matchup by decimal points. The interception was later changed to a fumble, which in this league is negative 3 instead of negative 2, like interceptions were. As I am sure most of you have dealt with before, that decimal point win turned into a decimal point loss. I got kicked out, posted the highest score of the week the following week, all for a meaningless 3rd place game.

What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner?
I think they would say I care too much about fantasy sports, which could very well be true. But "you play to win the game."

Anything else you would like to add?
I can not think of anything else, but I am definitely open to questions or comments!

Are you joining to be a friend of the league or are you prepared to be tested to see if you make the cut?
I am ready for my first dynasty league, lets see what I am made of!
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:02 am

Great, another Bears fan! HAHA! Just kidding, welcome Will!

Andy (Minnesota Eternals) will be around to get you set up, until then, browse the forum, get involved and post! Great group around here! This is the Mecca of fantasy football and an amazing community.

Which suburb do you live in?

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Chicago Hogs

Chicago Hogs

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:05 am

Hey Nick, thanks for the welcome! I am in Palatine, IL!
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:10 am

Hey Will, glad to see you here. Look around, it's a great league. Best you could ever be a part off

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:10 am

Welcome to RW. You will see very quickly that this isn't your typical re-draft or dynasty league. Truly a special place. Dig into the by-laws and don't be a stranger to the forum/threads.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:15 am

Welcome aboard Will. Thankfully your name isn't Matt. We could use a few more Williams around this place (assuming William is the legal name). Look around and enjoy and jump in.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:51 am

Welcome, dude! Hope you make it through the interrogation!

Starting to wonder if we have more Midwesterners or Matts. Where all my Southern people at?

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigvip16
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:53 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Starting to wonder if we have more Midwesterners or Matts. Where all my Southern people at?

It is cold in the midwest, we have to find things to do. People in the south are probably outside enjoying the weather in the winter.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:54 am

Welcome to Roster Wars Will.  Dive right in, this is an awesome community.

welcome2

Chicago Hogs (Will) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:58 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

It is cold in the midwest, we have to find things to do. People in the south are probably outside enjoying the weather in the winter.  laughing

What about West Coast?  Where's all the westerners at?  No way Greg has scared them all off.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:00 am

Chicago Hogs (Will) Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e472ab3b71ec1b30e071abd20d3befc856c03e92&rid=giphy

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:08 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Lolol buddy no one in the South has ever at any time enjoyed the weather

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Welcome Will!

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Hello Will and welcome to the RWDOC! Dive right in. It's a little daunting at first but since it's your first dynasty league it shouldn't conflict with other leagues. I'm in like 10 so rules can get interchanged frequently. lol3

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigsilverbacks
Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 am

Welcome Will, a lot to take in around here.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigsla16
Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am

Welcome aboard and have fun

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigspartans
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:36 am

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:

Chicago Hogs (Will) Giphy.gif?cid=790b76112664522c0831200b020209f6e1b624ae5425c6ee&rid=giphy

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Welcome Will.

If you want the Best Fantasy Football League going you found it. 24/7, 365 the gang is always here.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f0758c76e01ce7e05c22a83981b487d08cfa3a34&rid=giphy

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Haddonfield Slashers wrote:

Chicago Hogs (Will) Giphy.gif?cid=790b76112664522c0831200b020209f6e1b624ae5425c6ee&rid=giphy

ha. just watched that episode last night.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Chicago Hogs

Chicago Hogs

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 1:29 pm

Really appreciate the warm welcome, thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Welcome to RWs Will!

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Colorado Crusaders

Colorado Crusaders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 2:20 pm

It's not too late>>>>>R-U-N !  run scared

Welcome Buddy! lol3

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigcru15
Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars and the Dynasty Owners Club. If I could give you one piece of advice, don't give Greg your phone number.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigmea10
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Welcome Will!

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Welcome!

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Okinawa Bonsai

Okinawa Bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Welcome! Look around and get posting.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigbonsai
Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 4:50 pm

Welcome dude. Glad to see you checked it out!  cheers

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigfal14
Back to top Go down
Detroit Disco Lemonade

Detroit Disco Lemonade

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Chicago Hogs (Will) Giphy

In case interpreting Gifs is too hard for you.. "Hi, you're going down!!"

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigdiscolemonade
Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 5:38 pm

sounds like you have never used the mfl platform. coffee

please post your number so that I can text you some helpful "tips". eating popcorn

Chicago Hogs (Will) Signig21
Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello Will. Welcome.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigbli22
Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Will. Take a look around. There is a ton to see in RW coffee

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigtre15
Back to top Go down
Okinawa Bonsai

Okinawa Bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Where does "Hogs" in your name come from?

California Nightmare wrote:

please post your number so that I can text you some helpful "tips". eating popcorn

And you should definitely do this, Greg is very helpful...

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigbonsai
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Welcome to RW Will!

You'll love it here. Like nothing you've ever experienced in fantasy sports.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Steel City Devils

Steel City Devils

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am

Okinawa Bonsai wrote:

Welcome Will, dont fall for the banana in the tail pipe! You gotta know who to trust around here my dude. Buckle up, you are in for a show. overhead

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigdevils
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Where I'll be moving to in TX its just humidity and mosquitos (yes, mosquitos are part of the weather).

And welcome Will. If you ever want to change your name to Matt feel free to do so.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 am

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Where I'll be moving to in TX its just humidity and mosquitos (yes, mosquitos are part of the weather).

And welcome Will. If you ever want to change your name to Matt feel free to do so.
Where you moving to and when? We're doing the TSRS kart racing again. We'll have to meet up again.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:25 am

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Where you moving to and when?  We're doing the TSRS kart racing again.  We'll have to meet up again.

Sounds like Houston to me.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Where you moving to and when?  We're doing the TSRS kart racing again.  We'll have to meet up again.

Yep it's Houston. Let's definitely meet up again

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Hey Will,
Glad you stuck around through the chaos that was our downed site this past week. As others have said, jump into any thread around this place and act like you've been here for years. I will have questions once I get caught up around here and hopefully you eventually find yourself being interrogated and moreso...surviving that experience.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:40 am

Welcome! GO Bears!

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 7:18 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
you eventually find yourself being interrogated

We haven't had a good interrogation around here in a while.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a24d869de0838c71d79c622f0676827cf9af8b22&rid=giphy

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 7:55 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Yep it's Houston. Let's definitely meet up again

Sweet!  I'll be in touch.  Looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:25 am

Hope we didn't scare you off Will. We have a bad habit of doing that. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:35 am

Greg may have texted him.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Greg may have texted him.

surprised

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 pm

WILLson!

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 12:23 pm

He has been on in the last 24 hours, so we still have hope.

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Chicago Hogs

Chicago Hogs

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Okinawa Bonsai wrote:

I actually just chose Hog because of pigskin and football haha, nothing else to it
Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 2:01 pm

This guy has a chance to make it to interrogation...we haven't scared him off yet..yay!

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Welcome to the best of the best, Will! There are worse people to have vouch for you than Keith, so hopefully you stick around. Yahoo... blech. You'll never want to go back to that again after experiencing MFL.

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

You're out of your mind, man. It's 55 and sunny here today. I'm enjoying the shit out of it. Just don't ask me in July/August.

Charm City Justice wrote:
We could use a few more Williams around this place (assuming William is the legal name).

How many Williams do we need? We already have at least two high five

Chicago Hogs (Will) Sigdem10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Hogs (Will)   Chicago Hogs (Will) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chicago Hogs (Will)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: