Share | 

Russell Wilson QB SEA

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Quote :
Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who will start the team's preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs, could become the team's starter for the regular season opener if he has a good showing. Wilson will play with the first-team offense at least in the first half and then give way to QB Matt Flynn. Wilson is 22-for-33 with 279 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. He also has 92 rushing yards and a score. Flynn is 17-for-26 with 102 yards, no touchdowns and one interception.

I wouldn't hate this move for Seattle. Wilson is a special talent from what I saw.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Looks like there is a chance that I will regret my trade sooner rather than later Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Loved the kid in college. I think he can be special. And it's a bonus that he's on my team. rock on

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 pm

After this game tonight if they decide to start Flynn and he struggles... the fans in Seattle will be calling for blood.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Was just named the week 1 starter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055218/article/russell-wilson-named-starting-qb-by-seattle-seahawks?module=HP11_headline_stack

Bummer...I wanted to see Flynn get his shot. Fuckin Seahawks!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Was just named the week 1 starter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055218/article/russell-wilson-named-starting-qb-by-seattle-seahawks?module=HP11_headline_stack

Bummer...I wanted to see Flynn get his shot. Fuckin Seahawks!

That's $48 of auction cash the Mad Clowns will never get back and $46 for the Pigskins.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Truth. I was looking forward to see what Flynn could do. Still think he might get his shot, possibly even this season

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Can't believe he didn't get a shot, just one throw... Fucking Pete Carroll

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:45 am

It's Wilson's job to lose but I'd guess they won't give him too much rope with Flynn ready to go. He'll have to play well and play well consistently.

Which he just might actually do if preseason is anything to go by.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:53 am

I officially feel like a moron for trading him away

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

Mmmm I don't think it's happening for Flynn. It's a lot easier to go with the vet and then switch to the rookie if the vet struggles than it is to choose the rookie then go back to the vet. Seattle has already done the hard part - swallowed the $ and started the better player despite it being a rookie. I think they will be very reluctant to go back now. They know Wilson is a rookie and still needs to develop some, it'd be stupid to start him and then bench him for having some bumps along the way.

Flynn may get a shot, but not in SEA IMO, unless Wilson is a total fraud or gets hurt.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:43 am

Wilson seems like Mini-Cam Newton so far with all this hype

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Mmmm I don't think it's happening for Flynn. It's a lot easier to go with the vet and then switch to the rookie if the vet struggles than it is to choose the rookie then go back to the vet. Seattle has already done the hard part - swallowed the $ and started the better player despite it being a rookie. I think they will be very reluctant to go back now. They know Wilson is a rookie and still needs to develop some, it'd be stupid to start him and then bench him for having some bumps along the way.

Flynn may get a shot, but not in SEA IMO, unless Wilson is a total fraud or gets hurt.
Agree 100%. You have to figure at this point that Wilson is your team's future, so you don't want to bench him if he makes some mistakes as he's learning...don't want to ruin the kid's confidence.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Why does he say that he went to Wisconsin during his intros??? I've always wondered. I mean, he played and graduated from NC State... then plays one graduate year at Wisconsin and that's where he's affiliated?

I mean, if Braxton Miller transfers from Ohio State, I have a hard time thinking he'd ever say he "went" to School B...

Anyone else think that's odd?

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Aaron Rodgers credited Butte College only once and Terrell Suggs credits Ball So Hard University so I think it only matters where you got your degree from.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:31 pm

I think a lot of guys don't say their school... like the Suggs example... but I odn't know.. just seems weird since Wilson has his degree from NC State -- he doesn't have dick from Wisconsin other than player one year there after he graduated from NCSU

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Did Seahawks GM insinuate letting Russell Wilson leave is an option?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:58 am

⌂Shutdown Corner Did Seahawks GM insinuate letting Russell Wilson leave is an option? By Frank Schwab 15 hours ago Shutdown Corner View photo.(AP)The thought was that once Russell Wilson could sign a huge contract extension with the Seattle Seahawks, he would.Wilson has a 98.6 quarterback rating in three seasons. Seattle has won a Super Bowl with Wilson and only an incredible fourth quarter and New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler's great interception kept the Seahawks from winning a second.Yet there's always been at least some question if Wilson is that good. The Seahawks have a great defense. Marshawn Lynch is the focus of the offense. And giving Wilson that massive contract would change the structure of the Seahawks, because he'd go from making one of the lowest salaries among starting quarterbacks to one of the highest. Seattle won in large part the past few years because its quarterback was cheap and they could use the excess money on other impact players. Wilson, a third-round pick in 2012, wasn't able to sign an extension until after his third season, per the collective-bargaining agreement.But now the bill was due ... right?An extension hasn't been signed yet and Seahawks general manager John Schneider had some odd comments to KIRO Radio in Seattle that made it sound like it's possible that Seattle won't give Wilson that deal. Here's what he said, via MyNorthwest.com and ESPN 710 Seattle:"What I can tell you is that this is the ultimate team sport, we have a track record of rewarding our players that we recognize as core players," Schneider said. "We're going into our sixth draft now – I can't believe that; we've been here for a while now – but just that track record of being able to make those tough decisions. Every negotiation is unique in and of itself and this is no different. Ultimate team sport, he's our quarterback, we'd love him to be our quarterback. But the thing is, we need to keep as many of these guys together as we possibly can."Tough decisions? Hmmm. To double down on the weirdness, Schneider mentioned having to make tough salary cap decisions in the past. "I think you've seen over the last several years now a philosophy of competition at every position and trying to acquire as many players as you possibly can and to make it fit," Schneider said. "We've done this since Day 1. When we got here we had to make some very tough cap decisions with Cory Redding and Nate Burleson. They were two guys that we had a lot of respect for, but where we were on our cap at the time, we had to make decisions. And then we had a couple years without a cap and now we're back in a world with a salary cap and we need to be cognizant of that."Let's be clear that Schneider's words are likely nothing more than your typical negotiating ploy (like, say, mentioning that you'd like to play baseball too). It's practically impossible to imagine the Seahawks not locking Wilson up to a contract extension that everyone figures he will get. NFL teams don't let quarterbacks walk in their prime. The Chicago Bears, even though everyone who looked critically could tell Jay Cutler was an average starting NFL quarterback, still gave him one of the NFL's biggest contracts because that's just what NFL teams do. There's rarely any critical thinking when it comes to the quarterback position and its cost in regards to the cap. And even though the Seahawks are progressive, it would still be almost unprecedented if they didn't retain Wilson, who is entering the last year of his deal. Wilson has been a highly productive and successful quarterback, and his arrival transformed the Seahawks into champions for the first time. He's just 26 years old. Realistically the Seahawks aren't going to let him go over salary-cap concerns. But it would be a heck of an interesting story if they did.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:29 pm

If they don't sign Wilson to a new contract they are freaking crazy

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Holy wall of text batman

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Copy and paste...lol

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:18 am

They better resign him or I agree they are crazy and stupid.  There is no way you let this guy walk

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:31 am

They will sign him relax.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri May 08, 2015 12:47 pm

So according to reports Russ and the Hawks are "tens of millions of dollars" apart in their contract talks and that they're offering him "Andy Dalton" money. I find this interesting. The Seahawks are either being tough negotiators or they really believe that it was their defence and Lynch that has guided this team.

I'm conflicted myself. I wholeheartedly believe that he's way better than Dalton. Is he Rodgers? No. But he's a dynamic young quarterback with multiple facets to his game and he seems like an all around good guy. I really enjoy watching him play and he has a good head on his shoulders. Part of me wonders if it has anything to do with that last play in the Superbowl last year, as silly as that sounds.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri May 08, 2015 1:11 pm

They've gotten a steal the past 4 years. I'm surprised that they think he's a middle tier QB.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri May 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
They've gotten a steal the past 4 years.  I'm surprised that they think he's a middle tier QB.

He really hasn't proven otherwise.  Don't get me wrong, he's a great game manager and great at lulling the D to sleep most of the game that garners him 1 or 2 big plays each game but can he put the team on his back and become a passing QB???  I really don't think so.  I thing they feel the same as I do and the offense could run just as efficient with another QB that can simply avoid making mental mistakes and not fumble the handoff to Lynch.....

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:01 am

are-contract-expectations-undermining-russell-wilsons-image

To me this is ridiculous - if anything I'd argue the Seahawks treatment of their franchise QB who has been the most underpaid player in the league for 3 years should be undermining their image (with fans and players)...

2cents

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:18 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

To me this is ridiculous - if anything I'd argue the Seahawks treatment of their franchise QB who has been the most underpaid player in the league for 3 years should be undermining their image (with fans and players)...

2cents

Nah, I side with the Seahawks here. You do not get paid for what you did, you get paid for what you will do. No one really thinks that if the Seahawks DEF falls apart and Beast mode retires that Wilson will carry this team deep in the playoffs. Therefore he is not a 25MM a year QB.....

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:43 am

That's the going rate for QB's, whether he's worth it or not the market dictates that he is worth 20-25mil. Look at Dalton and Cutlers contract and double it, that's probably what he's worth.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:13 pm

He's easily worth $20m a year and there's no way the Seahawks don't pay him.

Move along.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:56 pm

All the teams that wish they had a franchise QB....

If this team gets cute and loses their QB that would be even worse than the play call that lost the Super Bowl for their asses.

Wilson shouldn't be "not paid" because Lynch may retire and the defense may decline....because that would just mean you lose Lynch, the defense declines ANNNNNNNND you lose your QB. That's not better.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 pm

The guy has 14 or 15 comeback victories over the past 2 years. He's legit and he's worth every penny

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:09 pm

He would be stupid to play for $1.5 million this year. Seahawks are just as stupid for not doing something. I do get it though. Even though he has a lot of comeback victories, I don't see him in the same class as Rodgers. I don't think he is worth $20 million plus per year.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

2cents

Nah, I side with the Seahawks here.  You do not get paid for what you did, you get paid for what you will do.  No one really thinks that if the Seahawks DEF falls apart and Beast mode retires that Wilson will carry this team deep in the playoffs.  Therefore he is not a 25MM a year QB.....

Apparently you also get paid for what you would do in hypothetical situations. laughing

Wilson will be the next highest paid player in the NFL. Until Luck is. Then he will be, until the next guy is. Etc.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
He would be stupid to play for $1.5 million this year.  Seahawks are just as stupid for not doing something.  I do get it though.  Even though he has a lot of comeback victories, I don't see him in the same class as Rodgers.  I don't think he is worth $20 million plus per year.

I don't think he'd be stupid to play for $1.5 million this year depending on what the Seahawks are offering him. The team has the leverage right now because of that $1.5 million year left to play. After this year, Wilson will have the leverage because the franchise tag will cost like $18 million a year. The whole "Well, if you don't take our offer, you have to play for $1.5 million" is a big leverage tool, and Wilson would be smart long-term to take that way from him by getting that year done (again, depending on how much they're trying to lowball him).

As for being "worth $20 million" or in the same class as Rodgers, that's irrelevant. I know why those comparisons are made, but in the real world, you don't have the option to pay $20 million to get Rodgers. Your decision is to pay $20 million (probably more) for Russell Wilson, or risk becoming one of the many teams that have zero chance of winning a Super Bowl because you don't have a quarterback. It's basicall all about timing.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Agree with Mike 125%.

It comes down to this, if you don't pay him, who is then going to be your QB?

It really isn't always about the level of talent. Wilson really is an average QB with the right team around him. That being said, there isn't anyone out there Seattle can go get that could replace him. Ergo, he gets paid.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:29 pm

I'd think heavily about taking two first rounders for him. Or at least letting the market be set so that you can choose to match.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:40 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I'd think heavily about taking two first rounders for him. Or at least letting the market be set so that you can choose to match.

No one will pay two first rounders for a fast midget. (No offense to anyone vertically challenged) BAM!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:10 pm

JUST PAY THE MAN!!!!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:35 pm

The market is set is it not? Quality QB's now equal a minimum of about 18M per up to about 25M per once Luck inks an extension. In regards to compensation I would pay the dollars (within reason) for Wilson. What is that? I dunno 20 to 21 M or so I guess. Guarantee a shit load of it or make it front heavy to get him inked. Many a teams have drafted many a QB only to come up with a pile of shit ... see Cade "the Clown" McCown, Brady "Hey this ain't South Bend" Quinn, EJ "Need a" Manuel (thus far), Johnny "Dolittle" Manziel, Geno "Takin my Toys" Smith (so-so), Rex "Freaky Brows" Grossman, Colt "Poof" McCoy, "Cryin" Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus "Ate a House" Russell, "Not Tryin" Leinhart, Joey "Sad Eyes" Harrington, Losman "says it all', Ponder "another QB I have no arm", Vince "I can do that" Young, Kyle "Someone sat on my" Boller, David "Broken piece of shit" Carr, Jake "I ain't no" Locker, Byron "Big Windup" Leftwich, Brandon "woulda been better if I was smoking the" Weeden, and drum roll ... Tim "you'd love me if I was dating your daugher, but wanna kill me if I was quarterbacking your team" Tebow.

Almost all these doods underwhelmed to be kind, sucked to be blunt. Most were 1st rounders. When you got a winner you pay the going rate. I wouldn't get cute thinkin' hmmm, found Wilson in the 3rd round, that was easy, can do that again.

Hate the fact these doods make 20M per year, but that is the going rate.

As Jesse James says .... "pay up sucker".

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Sure that's the going rate, but I don't think a team will offer up two first rounders and more than $20MM. And I think Wilson wants more than $20MM. So Seattle is hoping it can just match another offer for $20MM instead.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 am

Both of these would be moves they regret I suspect.
Think Cleveland, Buffalo, the Jets would hesitate to deal 2 1st round picks for a NFL calibre QB?
On the open market what makes you think a viable QB would get less than 20M / yr?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:53 pm

I hope and pray Seattle dicks around with Russell so he gets pissed off and tests the free agent market next year... He will look great in Orange and Blue in Chicago!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I hope and pray Seattle dicks around with Russell so he gets pissed off and tests the free agent market next year... He will look great in Orange and Blue in Chicago!

Yeah! and the Bears can pay him 25M and it will still look like a bargain yikes  Due to all the rancid beef they have called QB's over the years. laughing

Go BEARS ... bang head on wall (Gimme a B, E, A, R, S was does that spell ... errr, concussion?)

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:36 pm

I really don't think he's all that great a QB. The team is great because of defense and the offense not turning the ball over. If Seattle had no run game they would be in big trouble. I don't think Wilson is a QB that u can put the ball in his hand and tell him to go win the game. If they had to rely on Wilson throwing the ball 30-40 times a game they'd be screwed and Seattle knows it. Thays why they won't give him Brady money.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:55 am

I think he should get paid, but not at the price he is asking.  He is good and all, but in no way does he deserve to be the top paid QB  nono

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I think he should get paid, but not at the price he is asking.  He is good and all, but in no way does he deserve to be the top paid QB  nono

Right Russell is a good QB, not a great QB. He should probably get around $15M, but he will get substantially more and be the highest paid in the league. The Seahawks are in a bad spot, they basically have to pay him, like the Ravens had to pay Flacco. You just can't find a very good QB easy these days, so you are gridlocked when your guy performs well these days.

Take that defense an Lynch away from Wilson and he is in the 15-20 QB range. Put him on the Browns and see how well he does....
Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 pm

I don't think he's gonna get anywhere close to what he's wanting. I think the Seahawks will take their chance and let him test RFA and let other teams set his value and simply match the best offer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russell Wilson QB SEA   

Back to top Go down

Russell Wilson QB SEA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: