HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Brandon LaFell WR CIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Quote :
Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said Thursday, Aug. 2, that he's been impressed with WR Brandon LaFell and that he has a strong hold on the team's No.2 receiver role.

I picked him up in every league I could this off-season.  I have high hopes.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Quote :
Panthers interim GM Brandon Beane says WR Brandon LaFell is dealing with a turf toe injury and is questionable for Sunday's game against the Falcons. SOURCE: Joe Person, Charlotte Observer

Analysis: Carolina coach Ron Rivera called LaFell's injury a sprain on Monday. Louis Murphy is the next man up but won't be a fantasy option this week, as Atlanta has allowed just 16.5 fantasy points to opposing wideouts this season.

cry2

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:19 am

Quote :
 Patriots | Brandon LaFell agrees    Sat Mar 15, 11:47 PM

The New England Patriots agreed to terms with free-agent WR Brandon LaFell (Panthers) on a three-year deal Saturday, March 15, according to a source.

Uninspiring!

Quote :
Patriots | Brandon LaFell terms    Sun Mar 16, 02:26 AM

Updating a previous item, New England Patriots WR Brandon LaFell is expected to make roughly $11 million over three years with his new contract. No information was available on how much money is guaranteed.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:59 am

As I said on Twitter - Brandon LaSell-High.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:48 pm

LaFell and Smith gone? What is Newton going to do, play with himself.... (I'm here all week folks, try the veal)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Morawskd wrote:
LaFell and Smith gone? What is Newton going to do, play with himself.... (I'm here all week folks, try the veal)

Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Headed for the PUP.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Patriots released WR Brandon LaFell.

No surprise really.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:24 pm

England Dragons wrote:

No surprise really.

Damnit!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:13 am

He turned out to be pretty bad.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:14 am

New England Nineties wrote:

I didn't get to see enough Patriot games in the regular season when he was horrible, only in the postseason when he was completely phased out. What happened? Just dropped everything?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:22 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:

I didn't get to see enough Patriot games in the regular season when he was horrible, only in the postseason when he was completely phased out. What happened? Just dropped everything?

This past year, yes, the drops were horrendous. I think he had 6 drops in one game.

He was pretty steady in 2014, caught a TD in the Super Bowl. He just fell to pieces this past year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 am

Talk about a guy that dropped back down to reality! I new he was never that good in Carolina, but damn dude!? I guess if he can't do good with Brady, then there is no way he gets back on the fantasy radar

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:37 pm

never liked him (at all)

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
never liked him (at all)

ditto.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:47 am

England Dragons wrote:

No surprise really.

I am surprised. I want them to keep underachieving players for as long as possible.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:49 pm

The challenge is to figure out who the next underachiever is that goes to the Patriots and becomes fantasy relevant.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:16 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
The challenge is to figure out who the next underachiever is that goes to the Patriots and becomes fantasy relevant.

Honestly if LaFell goes back to Carolina he's still going to hold some value. Shit TED FUCKING GINN looked good last year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:18 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Honestly if LaFell goes back to Carolina he's still going to hold some value.  Shit TED FUCKING GINN looked good last year.

Yep, he would look good opposite Benji, and it wouldn't be the worse 3WR set in the world.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Quote :
Bengals signed WR Brandon LaFell.

LaFell gives the Bengals a veteran behind A.J. Green after losing Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu. He's coming off a highly ineffective 2015 with the Patriots, but is one year removed from a 74-catch season. LaFell has some bounce-back potential as a possession complement to Green in Cincy's high-scoring offense. He'll likely need to hold off an early-round rookie in training camp.

Good landing spot for him, hopefully he can produce, since last year was an epic fail.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:25 am

I've been thinking about this move lately -- I have LaFell in quite a few leagues.  I think that he could be the perfect fit in this offense.  I don't see him as a top 30 WR but he could be a solid bye week guy and a WR3 or 4 on an otherwise solid fantasy team.  Last year I was actively trying to move him but couldn't (although I heard reports of people getting 2nds for him).  This year I see him as more of a hold unless I can get mid-2nd round value back.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:31 am

Totally agree! And he can be had for the right price!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:07 am

Quote :
Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson reports Brandon LaFell has dealt with some drops at OTAs.

LaFell has never had good hands, but his 2015 was ruined by several drops in key situations. It is concerning those issues have popped up again so early in his Bengals career, but the team thinks more time in the system will help with his consistency. Even if the drops remain a concern, LaFell is a sneaky bet for 100 targets as the starter opposite A.J. Green.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:08 am

That's not news...

laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:09 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
That's not news...

laughing

Haha, SW it so I posted it. He could actually hold some value if he gets his shit together.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
That's not news...

laughing

Haha, SW it so I posted it. He could actually hold some value if he gets his shit together.

That will never happen! He is nothing more then a WR4 or WR5, or maybe even a FA WR

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:01 pm

As a Bengals fan, I guess he'll do as a #3 WR, although there's no way I could touch him. His drops kill me, plus there is a good reason why the Pats don't want him. Say what you want about Bellicheat, but the man knows when to cut bait on most players.

My money is on Boyd. Super high ceiling and a great athlete. Should benefit from AJ getting double-coverage/8 men in the box to stop Hill/Gio. 1000 yards and 6 TDs isn't out of the question for Tyler Boyd, which would be a solid rookie campaign...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:35 pm

I'd be ok with him as a #3 WR, he puts up some good games at times. All #3's drop a few passes and fuck up at times that's why they're #3's, a la Devante Adams.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:50 pm

I got him for very cheap as a bye week fill-in in the GLDL league as my 6/7 WR so for me if he does anything I'll be happy with that - hoping he has a good few weeks where I can just trade him for something

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm holding onto him as depth just in case. Hoping kind of the same thing, just need a couple good weeks from him at the right time.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:52 am

Brandon LaFell said he and Andy Dalton are on the same page.
Quote :
"I’ve been working with (Dalton) for a little over two months now," LaFell said, "so we’ve got the timing down and it’s been showing in practice every day." Drops were reportedly again an issue for LaFell during the offseason program, but he is locked in as the No. 2 receiver opposite A.J. Green. That spot should earn him plenty of single coverage and a healthy amount of targets as well.

More of the same speak.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 am

I have always found LaFell to be a frustrating player, he can look like an all-pro on one play and then look like a guy who doesn't belong in the league on another...

I am not surprised he currently has the #2 WR spot on the depth chart, but that is only because of the rookies and no names on the roster behind him... Though I wouldn't count Tyler Boyd out of the race just yet... In reality though, the #2 WR in CIN may still be the #4 target on the totem pole behind the TE and RB position...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:49 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I have always found LaFell to be a frustrating player,   he can look like an all-pro on one play and then look like a guy who doesn't belong in the league on another...

I am not surprised he currently has the #2 WR spot on the depth chart,  but that is only because of the rookies and no names on the roster behind him...   Though I wouldn't count Tyler Boyd out of the race just yet...  In reality though,   the #2 WR in CIN may still be the #4 target on the totem pole behind the TE and RB position...

Yeah, when they said that I chalked him up for #3 on the totem pole, but should still see sufficient enough targets to be a nice bye week replacement. That is, if he holds on to the balls, instead of fiddling them through his finger tips and getting cut.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:52 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I have always found LaFell to be a frustrating player,   he can look like an all-pro on one play and then look like a guy who doesn't belong in the league on another...

I am not surprised he currently has the #2 WR spot on the depth chart,  but that is only because of the rookies and no names on the roster behind him...   Though I wouldn't count Tyler Boyd out of the race just yet...  In reality though,   the #2 WR in CIN may still be the #4 target on the totem pole behind the TE and RB position...

Yeah, when they said that I chalked him up for #3 on the totem pole, but should still see sufficient enough targets to be a nice bye week replacement. That is, if he holds on to the balls, instead of fiddling them through his finger tips and getting cut.

In his pants

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:53 am

Goll Damnit Matt, you need to quit wearing that out. But I still laugh every time. It is like "That's what she said".  laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:54 am

I just work with what I'm given

laughing

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Yea, if you cant be successful with Brady last year, not sure you're gonna be successful with Dalton.  I think Boyd beats him out for Flanker duties in 2 WR sets and wouldnt be surprised if Alford gets slot reps in 3 wide sets, leaving him on the outside looking in.

Last edited by North Wales Knights on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:26 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Yea, if you cant be successful with Brady last year, not sure you're gonna be successful with Dalton.  I think Boyd beats him out for Flanker duties in 2 WR sets and would be surprised if Alford gets slot reps in 3 wide sets, leaving him on the outside looking in.  

I agree with all Joe said. Lafell is a bum and won't amount to anything thus year

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:25 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I'm holding onto him as depth just in case. Hoping kind of the same thing, just need a couple good weeks from him at the right time.

I think you are right. He will drive me nuts this year I am sure and right now he is the number two guy there but what I saw last year with the Pats was a guy that couldn't catch a cold but the Bengals need something to help take pressure off of Green and you can't expect Eifert to stay healthy all year.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:

HAHAHAHA I am pretty sure that is a live fed of Dalton and LaFell at practice Friday.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Wisconsin Warlords wrote:
Apalachicola Oysters wrote:

HAHAHAHA I am pretty sure that is a live fed of Dalton and LaFell at practice Friday.

This shit made me literally spit out my drink... lol cheers

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Quote :
Agents @schwartzfeinsod announce that Brandon Lafell is headed back to Cincinnati.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:27 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Agents @schwartzfeinsod announce that Brandon Lafell is headed back to Cincinnati.

Probably best for him. Two year deal and he can maintain his WR5/6 status at best.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:08 am

Charm City Justice wrote:

Probably best for him.  Two year deal and he can maintain his WR5/6 status at best.

Well last year he was a WR3/4, maybe even more for some franchises so I don't see how he takes that far of a step back.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:09 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Probably best for him.  Two year deal and he can maintain his WR5/6 status at best.

Well last year he was a WR3/4, maybe even more for some franchises so I don't see how he takes that far of a step back.

I guess I meant for my current squad. I would love if he would move up to WR 3/4. He also put up those numbers without AJ Green for quite a few games and with Tyler Boyd only being a rookie. My guess is he regresses, but maybe you are right and he stays in the WR3/4/5 conversation.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:15 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I guess I meant for my current squad.  I would love if he would move up to WR 3/4.  He also put up those numbers without AJ Green for quite a few games and with Tyler Boyd only being a rookie.  My guess is he regresses, but maybe you are right and he stays in the WR3/4/5 conversation.

Agreed, but AJG almost always sits for some games. Just kidding, but 9 in the last 2 1/2 years laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brandon LaFell WR CIN   

Back to top Go down

Brandon LaFell WR CIN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: