Share | 

Wes Welker WR STL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reiterated Monday morning that the Patriots are not expected to reach a deal with unsigned franchise player Wes Welker by the 4 p.m. ET deadline. Analysis: Per Schefter, talks are bogging down because Welker wants to be paid like a top outside receiver. The Patriots appear to be arguing that as a slot receiver, Welker doesn't get Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson money. He is likely to play out this year on the $9.5 million franchise tag and then test free agency next season. It's certainly possible that the 2012 season will mark Welker's last in New England.

Tick tock!

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:00 pm

KFFL) The New England Patriots will not sign WR Wes Welker to a long-term contract extension before the deadline.

That'll teach you to sign your tag right when they give it to you.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Its funny...I have nothing against Welker at all but I have never owned him and grow tired of hearing every other damn player compared to him (and hernandez and gronk) so I am excited that this might be the last season of this grouping.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Quote :
Coach Bill Belichick calls Welker (undisclosed issue) "day-to-day," Shalise Manza Young of The Boston Globe reports. Analysis: There's no indication that Welker is dealing with any sort of major issue, but not surprisingly the Patriots haven't shed much light on his status. In any case, it seems unlikely that we'll see Welker play in Wednesday's preseason contest against the Giants.

I also don't think he is with NE next year after the Gronk/Hernandez deals unless he takes a much smaller deal. I also don't think he has the same value with any other team. Trade him this year while you can get your money's worth!

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Coach Bill Belichick calls Welker (undisclosed issue) "day-to-day," Shalise Manza Young of The Boston Globe reports. Analysis: There's no indication that Welker is dealing with any sort of major issue, but not surprisingly the Patriots haven't shed much light on his status. In any case, it seems unlikely that we'll see Welker play in Wednesday's preseason contest against the Giants.

I also don't think he is with NE next year after the Gronk/Hernandez deals unless he takes a much smaller deal. I also don't think he has the same value with any other team. Trade him this year while you can get your money's worth!

remember that lopsided deal where I traded away Welker?

Yeeeeeeeeeeea....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Quote :

remember that lopsided deal where I traded away Welker?

Yeeeeeeeeeeea....

Went back and looked up that thread. Nobody said that one was a bad deal. It was the other ones that were crazy. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Quote :
Josh McDaniels used the approach of letting defenses come to him last week against the Titans and plans to do the same this week against the Cardinals. This approach most notably affected Wes Welker. Welker caught three passes for 14 yards on five targets in the Patriot victory against the Titans. As many analysts suspected the Patriots have looked to bolster their offensive scheme based around their young talented tight ends. "I think the game plan each week is really different. We definitely had some personnel groupings, I don't know how many exact number of snaps, but we played quite a few snaps of three tight ends in the game at the same time," McDaniels related.

Analysis: If McDaniels caters the offensive game plan towards the strengths and weaknesses of the Arizona Cardinal defense expect Wes Welker to have limited production again this week. The Cardinals will start Patrick Peterson, off-season addition William Gay, and Greg Toler who collectively allowed the third fewest passing yards in Week 1. The Patriots will most likely continue to implement offensive schemes that use their biggest offensive strength-tight end depth.

sick

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Wes Welker said he was happy with his 13-catch effort in Week 5, at the same time taking a shot at head coach Bill Belichick. "Yeah, it's kind of nice to stick it in Bill's face once in a while," Welker said. "So this is definitely a good one." Welker's role in the offense was limited earlier in the season.

Hah I love it. I think tihs may be his last year of fantasy relevance though. Sell high says I.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm

it was all a scheme Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Quote :
The New England Patriots are unlikely to put the franchise tag on impending free-agent WR Wes Welker for the second straight year, because they'd have to pay him $11.4 million in 2013. It appears he'll either sign a multi-year deal or hit the road packing in free agency.

Steering clear of him myself.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm

I think it may depend on what his wife says on facebook as to what he will do this off season.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Wes Welker NEP WR   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)A source tells CSN New England that the Patriots are closing in on a multi-year contract with free agent Wes Welker.

Analysis: The source says the "two sides have come to the understanding that they are far better with one another than without." It's a logical resolution considering the state of the Patriots' receiving corps, Tom Brady's dependence on Welker and the slot machine's questionable fit outside of New England's scheme. Although no national outlets are confirming the report yet, we wouldn't be surprised to see a three-year deal announced prior to next week's free-agency window. It would have been extremely difficult for the Pats to replace Welker's average of 112.0 catches per season over the last six years.

About time. How they dicked him around in the first place is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Merged with the existing Welker thread

troll

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Apologies, I scanned down the list but didnt see his thread... thank you good sir!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Apologies, I scanned down the list but didnt see his thread... thank you good sir!

Search button at the top of the forum really SUCKS but it works for thread titles (about the only thing it's good for.) Unfortunately you need at least 4 characters to search so if you're looking for Gronk's thread you have to type out his last name. You can't search Rob.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 pm

You can't search Rob.

Was that another crack at my inactivity last month? lol

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
You can't search Rob.

Was that another crack at my inactivity last month? lol

No it's the truth!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Question -

Which number is bigger - the number of posts Rob had in Feb or letters in his name???

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Question -

Which number is bigger - the number of posts Rob had in Feb or letters in his name???

thread jacked

Some how Welker talk turned into LVD bashing... Bunch of haters! Just remember all this shit when you're watching me crowned champion in 2013 bitches!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:31 pm

No deal?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm

:crossfingers: for denver.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
:crossfingers: for denver.

Saw a report today that he's likely header to Denver...

Dude knows how to play with a good QB.

then maybe that'll lead to Amendola in NE????

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Well I heard "serious talks."

Nothing solid yet. I'm waiting for any kind of confirmation.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Quote :
Welker back to Boston to see if Pats will match. Per Mike Giardi

I'd be annoyed if I were the Broncos.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Quote :

That's a silly thing to do in my mind. Hope the Pats tell him to go fuck himself and the Broncos withdraw their offer as he clearly doesn't want to play for them.

loser

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Quote :

That's a silly thing to do in my mind. Hope the Pats tell him to go fuck himself and the Broncos withdraw their offer as he clearly doesn't want to play for them.

loser

That would make my life complete.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Broncos agreed to terms with WR Wes Welker, formerly of the Patriots.

2yr deal apparently.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Great get for the Broncos, but that noise you hear is the fantasy values of Thomas, Decker and Welker deflating.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Yep all WR's in Denver now take a hit and Manning's value goes on the rise. Also should open up the Running game I would think

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Quote :
A source close to Tom Brady tells CSN New England he is "beyond enraged" at the Patriots letting Wes Welker for two years and $12 million, and feels it is a "disgrace" and a "disservice."

hahaha shut up and go Fuck your wife

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:59 pm

You know, being a Patriots fan, you get used to fan-favorites getting let go before it seems like they should be. I know this happens everywhere in the NFL, but Belichick seems to do it a little more, a little sooner, and you just get used to it.

That said, this is absolutely stunning to me. Stunning. When I first saw the tweet I assumed it was 2 years @ $12 million per year. I thought, fair enough, they only have like $22 million in cap space, they don't want to tie more than 50% of up in one guy, I'll accept that.

But $12 million total is an absolute joke. Not only should the Patriots be killed for it, so should a bunch of other teams. But no more than the Patriots.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Great get for the Broncos, but that noise you hear is the fantasy values of Thomas, Decker and Welker deflating.

I think Decker the most. Thomas and Welker are extremely different players. I'm not just saying this because of race...I think.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
A source close to Tom Brady tells CSN New England he is "beyond enraged" at the Patriots letting Wes Welker for two years and $12 million, and feels it is a "disgrace" and a "disservice."

Tom Curran had to issue a sort of retraction for this tweet - he meant that the person close to Brady used the words "disgrace" and "disservice," NOT that a source told him that BRADY used these words. It's an odd thing to report. PFT picked it up and ran with it and had to issue a retraction too, lol.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :

Tom Curran had to issue a sort of retraction for this tweet - he meant that the person close to Brady used the words "disgrace" and "disservice," NOT that a source told him that BRADY used these words. It's an odd thing to report. PFT picked it up and ran with it and had to issue a retraction too, lol.

That makes more sense. I am sure Brady wouldn't say much publicly

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :

That makes more sense. I am sure Brady wouldn't say much publicly

Welker, on the other hand, has been known to be a little more vocal at times, I'm wondering if he's going to 100% take the high road, or throw some barbs out there.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Love it. He was a great find for Miami, I am glad he is out of NE.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Wow. I almost find it hard to believe. The Pats are nuts.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Quote :
The New England Patriots' initial offer to Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker was for only two years and $10 million

They let him walk for 2 Million? Wow.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Quote :
The New England Patriots' initial offer to Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker was for only two years and $10 million

They let him walk for 2 Million? Wow.

The $2 million is not the point. The point is they clearly just didn't want to bring him back at all.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 pm

wow Denver has a stud receiving core wow

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:07 am

San Diego Killers wrote:

Yup, but Fantasy wise, I 100% agree with James. I think Decker takes the biggest one, but Welker will not get 100 receptions now either. 3 solid WR's and only one ball to go around. We shall see what happens.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
San Diego Killers wrote:

Yup, but Fantasy wise, I 100% agree with James. I think Decker takes the biggest one, but Welker will not get 100 receptions now either. 3 solid WR's and only one ball to go around. We shall see what happens.

Yeah because Wes Welker has never had those kind of weapons around him before. I mean all he had to deal with in New England was some crap guys like Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez.

Since Gronk and Hernandez were injured for a good portion of last season, I went to 2011 stats.

Welker ----- 122 - 1,569
Gronkowski - 90 - 1,327
Hernandez -- 79 --- 910

Yup, 3 guys is too many mouths to feed.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
San Diego Killers wrote:

Yeah because Wes Welker has never had those kind of weapons around him before. I mean all he had to deal with in New England was some crap guys like Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez.

Since Gronk and Hernandez were injured for a good portion of last season, I went to 2011 stats.

Welker ----- 122 - 1,569
Gronkowski - 90 - 1,327
Hernandez -- 79 --- 910

Different, much different, offense in Denver to me Shawn. I think they all take some hits.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
San Diego Killers wrote:

Welker ----- 122 - 1,569
Gronkowski - 90 - 1,327
Hernandez -- 79 --- 910

Yeah you're quoting stats from one of the better offensive NFL seasons of all times. The Patriots outscored the Bronocs last year by 76 points. The pie in Denver is significantly smaller.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Quote :
Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports Wes Welker's right ankle injury is "expected" to be a day-to-day situation, but "there's a chance" his status could be week to week. Analysis: Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports the Broncos anticipate finding out more about the injury on Sunday, likely via an MRI. A "week-to-week" ankle injury would likely be a high ankle sprain. A "day-to-day" sprain would be mild and not threaten Welker's Week 1 availability. Stay tuned Sunday for updates.
Hmmmm

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Could a future in MMA be in the cards for Wee Welker? The 5' 9" 185 pound soaking wet crippler took out the 6' 1" 205 pound Talib on a pick play that Belichick has said "is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. And that’s all I’m going to say about that."

Wow, sour grapes much? I doubt it is even in the top 100 of worst plays seen. Did this play shift the possible outcome of the game? Sure. However, it isn't like the Pats themselves have never pushed the limits of fair play etc... Man up, Belichick. You can't win every year. Admit you got beat and lose with some dignity. Instead of griping about that hit, gripe about how Brady played very un-Brady like. He over threw open guys and missed easy passes by his standards. Or how bout the fact the line played like shit and allowed the Broncos to cut through and harass Brady. Instead, Belichick takes the low road and gripes about Welker dealing the Pats a death blow on a routine pick. Guess maybe you should have paid him then instead of Amendola. What did he do yesterday? Oh yeah, fuck all.

Last edited by Hamilton Steel Cats on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 pm

So delicious.

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Could a future in MMA be in the cards for Wee Welker? The 5' 9" 185 pound soaking wet crippler took out the 6' 1" 205 pound Talib on a pick play that Belichick has said "is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. And that’s all I’m going to say about that."

Wow, sour grapes much? I doubt it is even in the top 100 of worst plays seen. Did this play shift the possible outcome of the game? Sure. However, it isn't like the Pats themselves have never pushed the limits of fair play etc... Man up, Belichick. You can't win every year. Admit you got beat and lose with some dignity. Instead of griping about that hit, gripe about how Brady played very un-Brady like. He over threw open guys and missed easy passes by his standards. Or how bout the fact the line played like shit and allowed the Broncos to cut through and harass Brady. Instead, Belichick takes the low road and gripes about Welker dealing the Pats a death blow on a routine pick. Guess maybe you should have paid him then instead of Amendola. What did he do yesterday? Oh yeah, fuck all.

Couldn't agree more definitely not the worst play he's ever seen......it'd be funny to see his comment had welker done the exact same thing playing for new england.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 am

ANOTHER Concussion. That's bad news.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah it is... he's gotta be getting close to being forced to hang em up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wes Welker WR STL   

Back to top Go down

Wes Welker WR STL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: