PostSubject: Dwight   Dwight EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Go Colts!!

Last edited by gooners on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

Las Vegas DeGenerates

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 pm

What's going on Dwight. I'm Rob. Welcome to Roster Wars. Hopefully we'll have some openings after this season, there is rumblings of possibly adding a third/fourth conference so who knows.

Anyway, I used to like the Colts but can't really believe how they pushed Manning out the door. Luck has to be the second coming of Jesus or he'll never live up to the hype of being Peyton's replacement. I thought sticking with Peyton and trading the #1 pick was the way to go. Just imagine what some team would have given up to get that pick. They could have gotten a teams' entire draft and probably some 2013 picks too. But oh well, time will tell if they made the right move.

Thanks for stopping by buddy.

Dwight Sigdeg15
Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

New Berlin Blitzkrieg

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:51 am

Hail Dwight

Dwight Sigblitzkrieg
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 am

Bob is a big Colts fan but has been extremely busy lately!

Dwight Sigmar10
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 am

Welcome to Roster Wars Dwight. I hate the Colts.

colts peeing

Dwight Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

Utah Spazz

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 am

Hey Dwight. Not a Colts fan here but always loved watching Manning over the years and am interested to see what Luck can do. That kid has the pressure of the world on his shoulders.

Dwight Sigspazz
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 am

Welcome Dwight! Gooners anything to do with Arsenal...?

thinking2

Dwight Sigdra13
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
What's going on Dwight. I'm Rob. Welcome to Roster Wars. Hopefully we'll have some openings after this season, there is rumblings of possibly adding a third/fourth conference so who knows.

Anyway, I used to like the Colts but can't really believe how they pushed Manning out the door. Luck has to be the second coming of Jesus or he'll never live up to the hype of being Peyton's replacement. I thought sticking with Peyton and trading the #1 pick was the way to go. Just imagine what some team would have given up to get that pick. They could have gotten a teams' entire draft and probably some 2013 picks too. But oh well, time will tell if they made the right move.

Thanks for stopping by buddy.

Yeah I understand both sides of the situation. On one hand he put Indianapolis on the map for the NFL and you want to see him be a Colt for his entire career, but it was brutally obvious he was the entire and the Polian's we just skating by on his talent. They might have been a contender this year with Peyton, but a in 2013 or 2014, who knows?

I bet they thought seriously about trading the first pick, but again who knows how long it would take for some of these guys to develop, they might not have hit their stride for a season or two and by then who knows where Peyton would have been. As a Peyton Manning fan, I hate not seeing him in white and blue and that atrocious orange crap, but I'll root for the Broncos this season and in the years to come, as long as they aren't playing the Colts! As a Colts fan I think it was the right move in the long run for the franchise.

You're right on in the fact that if Luck is anything short of a Hall of Fame QB then it will be viewed as the wrong move.
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:19 pm

England Dragons wrote:

thinking2

Yeah, I support them as much as I can from California, usually have to download the games or watch the highlights online. I wish they would do a pre-season tour of the US one of these years instead of going to Nigeria or Malaysia every off-season.

Not a good time to be an Arsenal supporter though, Fabregas and cunt-faced Na$ri out last season and now RvP....

I noticed the English flag in your avatar, you watch the EPL I presume then? What club do you support?
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 pm

gooners wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

thinking2

Yeah, I support them as much as I can from California, usually have to download the games or watch the highlights online. I wish they would do a pre-season tour of the US one of these years instead of going to Nigeria or Malaysia every off-season.

Not a good time to be an Arsenal supporter though, Fabregas and cunt-faced Na$ri out last season and now RvP....

I noticed the English flag in your avatar, you watch the EPL I presume then? What club do you support?

I'm English so brought up on football (sorry, soccer...). I was born in Leicester so a Leicester City fan who play in the Championship, one level below the Premier League.

I watch the Premier League avidly though - easily the best soccer league in the world for excitement. I don't particularly support any Premiership team, just hate Man Utd - they are the EPL equivalent of the Patriots!

Arsenal are in a tough place. They are trying to run their football club properly from the financial side but none of the other big clubs are doing that - they are just spending money like it's water so you have to admire the Arsenal for that. Frustrating being a fan though as you are just a player or two away from really competing recently.

Blow to lose RVP - best player in the league last season. Some quality replacements already in though with Podolski and Giroud. You have to hope RVP ends up going to Italy or Spain 'cause if he joins Man City they will be very tough to stop.

thumbsup

Dwight Sigdra13
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 pm

England Dragons wrote:

I'm English so brought up on football (sorry, soccer...). I was born in Leicester so a Leicester City fan who play in the Championship, one level below the Premier League.

I watch the Premier League avidly though - easily the best soccer league in the world for excitement. I don't particularly support any Premiership team, just hate Man Utd - they are the EPL equivalent of the Patriots!

Arsenal are in a tough place. They are trying to run their football club properly from the financial side but none of the other big clubs are doing that - they are just spending money like it's water so you have to admire the Arsenal for that. Frustrating being a fan though as you are just a player or two away from really competing recently.

Blow to lose RVP - best player in the league last season. Some quality replacements already in though with Podolski and Giroud. You have to hope RVP ends up going to Italy or Spain 'cause if he joins Man City they will be very tough to stop.

thumbsup

Ahh yeah I remember seeing Leicester City in the Premier League a few times over the years.

They really seems to be the one of the only top clubs to be playing by the rules while everyone is taking advantage of the system. I hate United too, but I would rather see them win than the likes of Chelsea or City that just back up the bullion truck to sign players.

I understand RvP wanting to leave to win, but I mean come on, he has been with the club for 8 years and this is the first season that he played the whole way through without getting injured. Wenger could have easily gave up on him 4 or 5 years ago, but he stuck with him and it paid off. Now the situation is a bit reversed and he wants to bugger off the first opportunity he gets.

The letter he released was just asinine. I think most fans would have been sad to see him go, but understood, if he did it with a little bit of class like Henry and Fabregras did. I hope he wants to go to City but the club takes less money to sell him to Spain or Italy just as a nice "fuck off" going away present.
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I know how you feel. I heard a stat on the radio the other day that RVP had started something like 170 games over 7 years prior to this season. He's been massively injury prone and didn't deserve a new deal until now. This season past is the first time he's really shown what he's consistently capable of as he hasn't picked up a serious injury.

Frustrating, but the sooner he goes, the better for Arsenal.

Anyway, better let you get back to the NFL stuff - I sidetracked you!

Dwight Sigdra13
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Nah, no worries, rarely is there someone I can talk real football with!
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

Minnesota Destroyers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Welcome, for the second time Dwight!

Dwight Sigdestroyers
Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

San Diego Killers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Nice to have you here

Dwight Sigkillers
Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

St. Louis Duffers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Welcome Dwight.

Dwight Sigduf10
Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

Carolina Werewolves

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Colts fan ewwwww! Welcome Dwight.

Dwight Sigwerewolves
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

Decatur Freakshow

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey Dwight!!!

Colts fan since 1966!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness for another intelligent person here!

Shawn and Jason1 middle finger middle finger middle finger middle finger

Dwight Sigfre11
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Hey Dwight!!!

Glad to see a fellow white and blue fan!!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Hey Dwight!!!

Go Ravens Evil laugh

Dwight Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Hey Dwight!!!

Welcome Dwight... and I'm not sure a Colts fan should be insulting other people's intelligence. Laughing

Dwight Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Sorry for the delay while we sorted out prospect process our Dwight - take a look at the new pinned thread in this section and we can get things rolling for you

You must be just recovering from the Andrew Luck debut party right about now I guess Laughing

Dwight Sigafr15
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am

1 Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted

I first started playing fantasy games at least 13-14 years ago, I think I was probably 11 or 12 at the time. I remember it used to cost money to play on ESPN and other sites, but there was one free site, Sandbox, that hosted free leagues so I played baseball and football on there quite a lot. There weren't any live drafts, so everything was done with your pre-draft rankings and I remember always logging on to see what my entire team looked like all at once. The site isn't around anymore, but I believe the last year or two they were operating, they started to do live drafts, and that was exciting for me since I would always get screwed on those off-line drafts!

This year I am involved in four leagues, three of Yahoo and one ESPN. One league that I've been playing in for the last 4 years now is switching to a dynasty format after several years of being a re-draft league, but it is not as active as this league. Some managers are getting stressed out by the rules, which are very simple comparatively. Our initial auction draft is next Sunday and I have some reservations about how some rules are going to be applied to the league, but it should be a learning process for everyone involved since this is everyone's first crack at a dynasty league.

The other leagues are semi-active, but again they all have "those guys" that stop playing after a few weeks because of bad luck or some other lame reason. Don't get be wrong, I love playing with people that I know and being able to talk smack directly to their face when I destroy their team, but when only 2/3 of the league is really active it degrades the experience a little. For me, its about the winning and the bragging rights more than the money, which is really the icing on the cake for winning.

2 Why do you want to be part of RW, what drew your interest?

As pointed out previously, I want to me be in a league that is active all the time, but not just by a few managers. Everyone is active and engaging even though most of you have probably never meet in real life. The site and forums are extremely well point together and run by a top notch group. Everything about this league oozes excellence.

I love the setup of the league as well. Auction drafts are a million times better than snake drafts and no matter how much I pester the commissioner's from my other leagues they won't switch. I want to get really involved with a dynasty league where everyone else will put the same time into that I do.

3 How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?

I wouldn't really call it a hobby as much as it is an addiction. I spend waaaaaaay too much time reading articles, player news, etc. especially during draft season. It is very easy for me to get distracted and procrastinate about what I really need to get done. On average, I probably spend at least 4 hrs/week during the season and more doing draft research before it begins.

This league would be my limit though, 3 re-draft leagues and 2 dynasty leagues. At some point it isn't as much fun on Sunday's watching the game and you have someone going for your team in one league and against you in two others. I hate the feeling of rooting for someone to do good to help you out in one league, but not well enough that they destroy in another.

4 Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story

I don't really have any crazy stories that pop into my head.

I won the championship game a few years ago by one point and was constantly checking the stat corrections to make sure our scores didn't change.

I think two years ago, my buddy and I were playing in the regular season and we bet on the outcome of our game that the winner got to shave their initials in the others hair for one day at work. I won the game, and I was all ready to claim my victory, but I got a late start from my house and he had to be at work early and left before I could get there. I insist that he still hasn't paid up, but he is persistent that I only had the one day to enact my winnings since he wasn't for me to show up before he had to leave.

5 What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner?

I know my shit for the most part. I'm an asshole and a nice guy. I'm committed once I set my mind to something. Adaptable.

That's probably a better question for them. Self analyzing yourself is always hard and probably a good bit wrong from how everyone else perceives you.

6 Anything else you would like to add?

I love the ocean. I go SCUBA diving whenever I can, though that has not been a lot of late. I got my bachelor's degree in Marine Biology and am getting my master's in Biology. I'm studying the effects of pollution on the physiology of flatfish living in southern California and will hopefully be done by the end of the year!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks Dwight

Dwight Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

San Diego Killers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Great read

Dwight Sigkillers
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 am

Good ol sandbox. One of my first sites as well. Thanks Dwight.

Dwight Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

St. Louis Duffers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 am

Nice read thanks for hanging in there and answering the questionaire.

Dwight Sigduf10
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks for the write up Dwight, and good luck with your Master's.

Dwight Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

Minnesota Destroyers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks for sticking around Dwight!

Dwight Sigdestroyers
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 pm

thanks for sharing and lots to look forward to for your Colts.

Dwight Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:09 pm

welcome

Dwight Siggoo18
Back to top Go down

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Also ancient?

Dwight Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Think it's safe to say that Eric does what he wants.. He will welcome people only when he's damn good and ready!Dwight I-do-what-i-want-28-photos-24

Dwight Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:19 pm

All I can think of when I see this thread is:

Dwight Dwight-Schrute-9

Dwight Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Think it's safe to say that Eric does what he wants.. He will welcome people only when he's damn good and ready!Dwight I-do-what-i-want-28-photos-24

vote yes

Dwight Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Welcome Dwight!! You will definitely enjoy Roster Wars! It is by far the best league ever made

Dwight Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Welcome Dwight!!  You will definitely enjoy Roster Wars!  It is by far the best league ever made  

Look at the date of his posts. tongue

Dwight Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dwight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwight   Dwight Empty

Back to top Go down

Dwight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: