x

Share | 

Josh Gordon WR CLE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:19 pm

I have heard so many people beat the "talent" drum that I just love watching them eat it when these highly paid imbeciles fuck shit up.  eating popcorn 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Number 19 in overall RW scoring. 1st in average PPG for WRs and almost certainly 1st in total PPG if not for the 2 game suspension. Those that despise him because of the drug violation stories still despise him, I'm sure. Me? He exceeded my expectations and I'm still betting on the fact that he is beyond the risky behavior now. Glad I put 6 years on him when I had the chance even though I was as scared of the 1 year suspension as anyone (and still am a bit).

Absolute stud at his position and proved it with a pathetic QB situation this season. I never considered selling him cheap, but he was a piece in several deals I worked before the season...all of which I'd be hating myself for making now.

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Yeah, I locked him up in a couple of leagues that I have him in... for all the naysayers, his price was still pretty high and I wasn't able to get him in several leagues due to the price...

This guy is one of the top elite WR's in the NFL, period. And to imagine how productive he was with no viable WR across from him, no running game and a parade of inferior QBs! He is a stud!

Hopefully he keeps his nose clean and the talk of him being a bad kid can die off completely. I mean it was ridiculous anyways, what was his crime? Smoking a little weed and being a bit immature because he is in his early 20's? Big effin deal, it is a complete joke!

...Gordon has too much talent to just fall off the radar... He has reached elite status and is now in the group with guys like Calvin Jonhson and Dez Bryant, etc... whether people like it or not...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:38 pm

How fuckin hard is it to keep your ass out of marijuana for a few years to maximize your talent and earning potential? What a stupid fuck...red flags exist for a reason. Fuck this guy!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:45 pm

You can't fix stupid. That's the only explanation.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:46 pm

This all said, it's retarded that he's going to miss a year for some pot and Rice knocked a woman out cold and I'll be surprised if he misses four games.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm

I stand by everything I said about the talent...  none of that changes...   We'll see what happens,   but if he gets suspended its just such a sad statement on the current NFL,  not the player,   we have discussed before,  but it is seriously effed up for anybody to face any kind of discipline over something as benign as  marijauna...   the NFLs drug policy is just stupid,   drinking alcohol is more dangerous,  and hell,  eating a McDonalds does far more damage to your body.    They do and should test for things like steroids and performance enhancers,  but the stance on marijuana is just silly,  it doesn't give the player an edge on the field and it doesn't hurt anybody,    except football fans who may now be deprived of watching two of the best young WR's in the game for literally NO FUCKING REASON...   Some things about the NFL really suck...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
How fuckin hard is it to keep your ass out of marijuana for a few years to maximize your talent and earning potential?  What a stupid fuck...red flags exist for a reason.  Fuck this guy!

The better question is why should he have to?  Seriously what harm does smoking a little weed here and there do?   It should just be legalized already...   its not helping him on the field and it isn't hurting anybody except us as football fans...  Fuck Goodell...   not the players.

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

I stand by everything I said about the talent...  none of that changes...   We'll see what happens,   but if he gets suspended its just such a sad statement on the current NFL,  not the player,   we have discussed before,  but it is seriously effed up for anybody to face any kind of discipline over something as benign as  marijauna...   the NFLs drug policy is just stupid,   drinking alcohol is more dangerous,  and hell,  eating a McDonalds does far more damage to your body.    They do and should test for things like steroids and performance enhancers,  but the stance on marijuana is just silly,  it doesn't give the player an edge on the field and it doesn't hurt anybody,    except football fans who may now be deprived of watching two of the best young WR's in the game for literally NO FUCKING REASON...   Some things about the NFL really suck...

That's another issue.

I don't care what it is, hey rich millionaire guy who plays a kids game for a living...just don't do this thing that is super easy to avoid and your life can continue to be a dream come true....oh you can't handle that? So your essentially a big fuckin 4 year old with no concept of "action and reaction"

Fuck him!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Whether or not marijuana is harmless or not isn't the issue. The issue is that he's a fucking idiot. I don't care if the NFL has banned milk as an illegal substance. If you have the opportunity to earn tens of millions of dollars in just a few years by not drinking milk then you don't fucking drink milk. Weed is banned by the NFL and that's that. He got kicked out of TWO schools in college for it and already had a suspension in the NFL for it. He was told that if he fucked up again he'd be banned for a fucking year.

You had literally one thing to do Josh Gordon. One thing. Don't do drugs. That's it. And you couldn't do it. You couldn't do that one thing. That one simple thing that would net you millions. You are a moron and a fuckup and I have absolutely no pity for you or your situation.

/endrant.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
This all said, it's retarded that he's going to miss a year for some pot and Rice knocked a woman out cold and I'll be surprised if he misses four games.

Thats true but rules are rules. It was as easy of a rule to follow and he fucked it up...TWICE. Says a lot to me about his character and intelligence. If it weren't this, it would be something else because he obviously is a selfish cunt who doesn't get it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Thats true but rules are rules.  It was as easy of a rule to follow and he fucked it up...TWICE.  Says a lot to me about his character and intelligence.  If it weren't this, it would be something else because he obviously is a selfish cunt who doesn't get it.

HE FUCKED IT UP MORE THAN TWICE. HE FUCKED IT UP THREE TIMES IN COLLEGE TOO.

JESUS FUCKING TAP DANCING CHRIST.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:56 pm

How fuckin hard is it to keep your ass out of marijuana for a few years to maximize your talent and earning potential?  What a stupid fuck...red flags exist for a reason.  Fuck this guy!

The better question is why should he have to?  Seriously what harm does smoking a little weed here and there do?   It should just be legalized already...   its not helping him on the field and it isn't hurting anybody except us as football fans...  Fuck Goodell...   not the players.

I agree with the sentiment, but I still have zero sympathy for Gordon. It may be a backwards position, but it's one that everyone is aware off, and Gordon/Blackmon/et. al know the consequences. Gordon knew that, decided it still wasn't worth giving it up. Zero sympathy for him.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:57 pm

It's not a morality issue. It's a stupidity issue.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

pay attention 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Yes,  the stupidity though is that the NFL has chosen to view it as a morality issue and even test for it.    Its pointless.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Yes,  the stupidity though is that the NFL has chosen to view it as a morality issue and even test for it.    Its pointless.

Well, they don't want their players doing illegal things. It's still mostly illegal. I don't think that's pointless, but they could be a little more progressive.

Either way, doesn't matter. The NFL could ban their players from eating vanilla ice cream. That would be a backwards, pointless, asinine position, but if you go ahead and get caught for eating vanilla ice cream, what does that say about you? It says you're a fucking moron, and not worthy of any sympathy from me.

If you really want to have sympathy for the over-regulation of marijuana, think about the tens of thousands of people who are in prison for low level marijuana related crimes, not some a-hole who lucked into God given abilities that should make his great-great-great-grandchildren filthy rich, but instead decided that it was more important to him get get high again.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Well, they don't want their players doing illegal things. It's still mostly illegal. I don't think that's pointless, but they could be a little more progressive.

Either way, doesn't matter. The NFL could ban their players from eating vanilla ice cream. That would be a backwards, pointless, asinine position, but if you go ahead and get caught for eating vanilla ice cream, what does that say about you? It says you're a fucking moron, and not worthy of any sympathy from me.

If you really want to have sympathy for the over-regulation of marijuana, think about the tens of thousands of people who are in prison for low level marijuana related crimes, not some a-hole who lucked into God given abilities that should make his great-great-great-grandchildren filthy rich, but instead decided that it was more important to him get get high again.

I feel like you just said the exact same thing I did but used Ice Cream instead of Milk. That's okay though.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Sorry Chris, while I agree with you, (let's face it, we all know what I do), this is just fucking stupid. If you know you will be tested, why are you so fucking dumb to do it? It's like me, I know that it is illegal, I just have enough to get a citation at all times, no charges, BUT, if I were to be on a testing schedule, no fucking way....

You're just missing the entire point. Like it or not, it's illegal.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 pm

No,  I am not missing the point,   I agree that he was wrong and stupid because he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing that...  I get all that...

I am just venting at the NFL because I do think the bigger issue is relevant here...  While technically illegal,  it is assinine that the NFL takes such a hardass approach to  something as benign as marijuana...  I just don't think the punishment fits the crime,   we,  the football fans,  are going to be deprived of getting to watch two of the best young WR's in the league for basically no good reason...   It is a shame and an embarrasment IMO that the NFL takes this approach...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Fri May 09, 2014 11:51 pm

I agree with Chris pretty much 100%.

Best I can tell, we ALL agree that Gordon is a dumbfuck. But I agree with Chris that the weed suspensions are ridiculous. Every time weed is ever brought up for a vote for legalization, it always passes easily all over the country. People don't give a shit about weed.

But it's ok to get wasted, which could lead to the next Donte Stallworth or Leonard Little drunk-driving vehicular homicide situation. But smoking weed, which leads to snacks on a couch? That's a huge fucking deal apparently.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Sat May 10, 2014 12:00 am

Chris' argument reminds me of this:

(PS: I completely agree. Legalize it, full-stop. But shit man, have some fucking foresight.)

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Sat May 10, 2014 12:45 am

No,  I am not missing the point,   I agree that he was wrong and stupid because he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing that...  I get all that...

I am just venting at the NFL because I do think the bigger issue is relevant here...  While technically illegal,  it is assinine that the NFL takes such a hardass approach to  something as benign as marijuana...  I just don't think the punishment fits the crime

I agree 100%, however the NFL can't do anything about it. The rule has been collectively bargained and even though the punishment doesn't fit the crime, Gordon has to go down- again, according to the rules. I don't think pot should be legal, but the NFL really just needs to change the rule to fit the crime. Maybe something like a 4 game suspension for each encounter.

What bothers me is that fucking Ray Rice can knock out a chick, drag her unconscious ass out of an elevator and get a slap on the wrist by the NFL. That my brethren is the real hypocrisy and what gets me the most. Ray Rice should be banned for the year. Gordon/Blackmon et al, not so much.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:

I am just venting at the NFL because I do think the bigger issue is relevant here...  While technically illegal,  it is assinine that the NFL takes such a hardass approach to  something as benign as marijuana...  I just don't think the punishment fits the crime

I agree 100%, however the NFL can't do anything about it.  The rule has been collectively bargained and even though the punishment doesn't fit the crime, Gordon has to go down- again, according to the rules.  I don't think pot should be legal, but the NFL really just needs to change the rule to fit the crime.  Maybe something like a 4 game suspension for each encounter.

What bothers me is that fucking Ray Rice can knock out a chick, drag her unconscious ass out of an elevator and get a slap on the wrist by the NFL.  That my brethren is the real hypocrisy and what gets me the most.  Ray Rice should be banned for the year.  Gordon/Blackmon et al, not so much.
 pay attention

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Sat May 10, 2014 10:40 am

I think we're all on pretty much the same page here...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Sat May 10, 2014 10:40 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

I agree 100%, however the NFL can't do anything about it.  The rule has been collectively bargained and even though the punishment doesn't fit the crime, Gordon has to go down- again, according to the rules.  I don't think pot should be legal, but the NFL really just needs to change the rule to fit the crime.  Maybe something like a 4 game suspension for each encounter.

What bothers me is that fucking Ray Rice can knock out a chick, drag her unconscious ass out of an elevator and get a slap on the wrist by the NFL.  That my brethren is the real hypocrisy and what gets me the most.  Ray Rice should be banned for the year.  Gordon/Blackmon et al, not so much.
 pay attention

Yeah except Blackmon has a few drunk driving charges so I disagree on him. That's how you fucking kill people.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Sat May 10, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't disagree with that sentiment Justin,   alcohol is far more dangerous to yourself and to others than pot will ever be....   yet its legal,   it makes no sense...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Mon May 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Quote :
Drew Rosenhaus, agent for Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon, is in the process of appealing Gordon's lengthy suspension for testing positive for marijuana.

As expected.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says Josh Gordon was in Stage 3 of the league's substance abuse program at the time of his latest alleged positive test.

It's a crucial distinction because a violation in Stage 3 carries a minimum suspension of one year. Afterward, players must apply for reinstatement to the NFL. Meanwhile, both Gordon and the league have maintained complete silence since the story broke in early May. Gordon's camp is appealing on unknown grounds. Even if the league's archaic marijuana punishments are on the verge of being modernized, we doubt Roger Goodell is going to show leniency to a Stage 3 offender.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Stage 3. So he has to apply for reinstatement, which is entirely up to Gooddell. He also has to continue to comply with the substance abuse program during his year off, which means random tests up to 10 times per month. Also, if/when he's reinstated, he remains in Stage 3 (with >10 random tests per month) for the rest of his career.

O/U on his career: 1.2 active seasons

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:41 pm

It's not good is it? He's got to take a year off where he's gonna be bored out of his skull whilst being tested possibly every 3 days.

Taking his history into account, I'm starting to think there's a good chance he never makes it back on to the field. Incredible waste of talent if this happens.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:45 pm

England Dragons wrote:
It's not good is it? He's got to take a year off where he's gonna be bored out of his skull whilst being tested possibly every 3 days.

Taking his history into account, I'm starting to think there's a good chance he never makes it back on to the field. Incredible waste of talent if this happens.

His only chance is if they lessen the penalties for marijuana, and apply those retroactively to those already in the (late stages) of the program. Last I heard any reforms to the policy would NOT apply to people already in the program, but that's his best hope. Addicts fall off the wagon at a very high rate, and that's when most of them don't have tens of millions of dollars at stake. Gordon does (or at least he did) and that didn't seem to help him.

Sounds like he's gone for this year for sure, but yeah, it's hard to be optimistic about his career.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:49 pm

I think his problem is more being stupid than being an addict. We're talking about pot here.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I think his problem is more being stupid than being an addict.  We're talking about pot here.  

While it might not be physically addictive he could certainly have a mental addiction. People develop addictions to all sorts of shit.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:56 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

His only chance is if they lessen the penalties for marijuana, and apply those retroactively to those already in the (late stages) of the program. Last I heard any reforms to the policy would NOT apply to people already in the program, but that's his best hope. Addicts fall off the wagon at a very high rate, and that's when most of them don't have tens of millions of dollars at stake. Gordon does (or at least he did) and that didn't seem to help him.

Sounds like he's gone for this year for sure, but yeah, it's hard to be optimistic about his career.

Yep. Everything I've read so far suggests any reduction to penalties related to marijuana will only apply to players not already in the program. Nothing concrete at this point but it doesn't sound like they plan to ease off those who've already transgressed.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I think his problem is more being stupid than being an addict.  We're talking about pot here.  

While it might not be physically addictive he could certainly have a mental addiction.  People develop addictions to all sorts of shit.  

Sorry, have to call Bullshit on this one. It is NOT addictive. I only went back when I started Chemo a few years back. I don't smoke all that much now, just now and then to relax because of the idiots I work with. If I had to stop, no problem. I just don't.

Of course, one of those times was during the draft. Jon and James convinced me to take Hunt.

I am also pretty stupid in that frame of mind.............................

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

While it might not be physically addictive he could certainly have a mental addiction.  People develop addictions to all sorts of shit.  

Sorry, have to call Bullshit on this one. It is NOT addictive. I only went back when I started Chemo a few years back. I don't smoke all that much now, just now and then to relax because of the idiots I work with. If I had to stop, no problem. I just don't.

Of course, one of those times was during the draft. Jon and James convinced me to take Hunt.

Don't bring soon-to-be-stud Margus Hunt into this cluster-fuck's thread.

nono 

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Things can be addictive without being physically addictive. Loo at Justin, he's addicted to metal detecting and buying weird dragon statues. I used to be addicted to World of Warcraft.

It's probably semantics to an extent, but Gordon could've ensured that his children's children's children wanted for nothing in life. Instead, he chose to light up another dooby (how do you spell that?). For my purposes, he qualifies.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Things can be addictive without being physically addictive. Loo at Justin, he's addicted to metal detecting and buying weird dragon statues. I used to be addicted to World of Warcraft.

It's probably semantics to an extent, but Gordon could've ensured that his children's children's children wanted for nothing in life. Instead, he chose to light up another dooby (how do you spell that?). For my purposes, he qualifies.

Doobie

There ya go.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:08 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

nono 

Hey, after I did that, I'm hoping you're right!!

Hell, if it turns out that way, I will have to send you a gift card to take out, by a friggin' long shot, you're better half.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

nono 

Hell, if it turns out that way, I will have to send you a gift card to take out, by a friggin' long shot, you're better half.

He'd better work out. I have him everywhere. He's like 7ft 3in tall so has to be good. Right? We all know height wins in the NFL. Right?

Anyway, this thread is about Smokin' Josh Gordon. You derailer.

scratch 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:15 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

nono 

He'd better work out. I have him everywhere. He's like 7ft 3in tall so has to be good. Right? We all know height wins in the NFL. Right?

Anyway, this thread is about Smokin' Josh Gordon. You derailer.

scratch 

thread jacked 

Yeah, I suck

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Mentally. People can get mentally addicted to anything. Soda, cell phones, the computer, weed. If someone gets into a habit and does it all the time then it can absolutely become an "addiction." Even if there is no physical dependency. That's all I was saying.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Did he actually fail a test, or fail to take a test? Anyone heard for sure?

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Sorry, have to call Bullshit on this one. It is NOT addictive.

I have to call bullshit on this one. It is addictive. In everyone? Of course not. Alcohol isn't addictive in everyone either. But chemical dependency to marijuana is very real and has grown faster than any other illicit substance since 1993. It doesn't always has to be a physical addiction as pot is very psychologically addictive including psychological withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, mood swings and depression. I'll stop here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797098/

I'll just post this and those that want to read it can, but there are other countless studies that show the same data among a litany of other negative side effects.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Holy Cow, only a 19-29% success rate for the most effective treatment ( 1 year abstinence).  And then even half of them go back.  

surprised

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Sorry, have to call Bullshit on this one. It is NOT addictive.

I have to call bullshit on this one.  It is addictive.  In everyone?  Of course not.  Alcohol isn't addictive in everyone either.  But chemical dependency to marijuana is very real and has grown faster than any other illicit substance since 1993.  It doesn't always has to be a physical addiction as pot is very psychologically addictive including psychological withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, mood swings and depression.  I'll stop here.    

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797098/

I'll just post this and those that want to read it can, but there are other countless studies that show the same data among a litany of other negative side effects.

Nope,   if anything is bullshit it's the credibility of that so called study.  It was funded by the the National Institute on Drug Abuse  which is under the jurisdiction of US government and as such the findings of that study are suspect to say the least.  The government and this institute are clearly anti-marijuana,   so just as studies from a pro-marijuana institution would likely be 'skewed',  I cannot trust that the findings of this study are accurate in any way...     Gotta be skeptical with supposed 'scientific studies' that are paid for by entities (especially the government) that have a vested interest in the outcome of said studies...   I don't buy it...

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Thu May 29, 2014 6:04 am

There are like 4 pages of citations of the actual studies. This group just put them together. Unless you are going to say that the conclusions of close to 100 studies that were used to put this paper together are all bullshit and if that is what you are saying then I think you are letting your bias cloud your judgement.

It's really not debatable whether or not pot has withdrawal symptoms. It does and is documented a million times over.  By definition, anything that has withdrawal symptoms is addictive. I don't see where that can be disputed.

Last edited by Chicago Crime Syndicate on Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Thu May 29, 2014 6:06 am

Fuck that study, it was done by the people that killed JFK and faked the moon landing!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Thu May 29, 2014 6:08 am

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 am

I say "Fuck all studies"

Who gives a rats ballsack whether its addictive or not. Who gives a shit if pregnant women who eat raspberries are of a higher likelihood of producing three headed babies. And fuck if it matters if salamanders with an extra limb are better at karate.

Sorry...every time I hear that there are studies on shit that ISN'T Cancer or another life threatening issue I just can't help but see it as a huge fuckin waste of time/energy/money. All studies show is that we have our priorities fucked up.

I think anything/everything CAN be addictive. There are people who fucking eat toilet paper and can't stop for gods sake...it comes down to individuals....let's cure the sick ones, kill the fuckin broken ones and leave the rest the hell alone.  Evil laugh 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Gordon WR CLE   

Back to top Go down

Josh Gordon WR CLE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: