:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Frank Gore RB IND

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Frank Gore RB IND   Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:42 pm

(FFToday) Tom Rathman is anticipating hurt feelings. The 49ers, after all, essentially have been a one-man show at running back since the 2006 season. That's when Frank Gore took over as San Francisco's featured runner, and he's taken the lion's share of the carries since then. This year, that solo act promises to give way to an ensemble cast. The problem is that there's not a role for everyone. "I don't know if everyone's going to be happy with the time that they get," Rathman, the team's running backs coach, said.

I love a guy running to not give up his job.  Remember last time this happened.  Love him this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Quote :
According to the Sacramento Bee, "it's clear that Frank Gore won't have the workload he's had since becoming the featured running back in 2006." Analysis: The team's brass has been tight-lipped about Gore's workload for the upcoming season, but their actions suggest the veteran will get more rest in preparation for the playoffs. Beat writer Matt Barrows concedes it's unclear just how the "non-Gore" carries will be divvied up among Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Brandon Jacobs. Rotoworld ranks Gore just 22nd among fantasy backs this year.

Sounds like he's in for a pretty big cut to his workload. Frankly I don't like any of the RB's in SF. Hunter has never done anything for me, Jacobs lost his punch years ago and James is just so small. Gore really wore down last year...

Of the four I like James the best though. I watched some of his college games and the kid is lightning in a bottle. I just don't know if it will translate to the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:00 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
According to the Sacramento Bee, "it's clear that Frank Gore won't have the workload he's had since becoming the featured running back in 2006." Analysis: The team's brass has been tight-lipped about Gore's workload for the upcoming season, but their actions suggest the veteran will get more rest in preparation for the playoffs. Beat writer Matt Barrows concedes it's unclear just how the "non-Gore" carries will be divvied up among Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Brandon Jacobs. Rotoworld ranks Gore just 22nd among fantasy backs this year.

Sounds like he's in for a pretty big cut to his workload. Frankly I don't like any of the RB's in SF. Hunter has never done anything for me, Jacobs lost his punch years ago and James is just so small. Gore really wore down last year...

Of the four I like James the best though. I watched some of his college games and the kid is lightning in a bottle. I just don't know if it will translate to the NFL.

Dude, Hunter was a rookie last year behind Gore. How can you know what he has(NFL wise)?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :

Dude, Hunter was a rookie last year behind Gore. How can you know what he has(NFL wise)?

My wife is a 9'ers fan so I watched most of their games. Even when Gore went down I didn't see any kind of explosion or special vision from Hunter. He just looked like another guy running the ball to me.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 pm

RBs in SF will not be good fantasy players this year. Gore is going to be saved up for late season/playoffs so he'll see less touches early in the year for sure. I can see him getting subbed out in any game where the 49ers have a decent lead.
Hunter/James/Jacobs basically are going to prevent each other from having any value.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:35 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Frank Gore's deal with the Eagles will be for three years, and include $7.5 million guaranteed across the first two.

That's a huge gamble considering Gore turns 32 in May, but he's yet to show any real signs of weardown. Philly's pursuit of Gore and Mark Ingram is an indication Chip Kelly wants a more power-based running attack. We have a hard time believing anyone else came close to offering Gore $7.5 million guaranteed.

So that's effectively 2 years for a 32yo RB? mock

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I do not get this deal at all.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Good deal for Gore.....even if you dont like it for the Eagles.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Love this deal because it gives my boy Hyde a chance to shine

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:46 pm

This is a little shocking. At the same time Gore has been a beast way longer than anyone would expect.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Go from a young stud RB to an old fart RB???? Not sure what Chip Kelly is thinking right now scratch

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:29 pm

I feel like the only one, but I'm doubting chip Kelly. You can't get rid of that much talent and replace it with a system and culture. One guy, maybe. But At this point, I have my doubts.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:36 pm

I think Chip Kelly is more than a bit egotistical... he is slowly but surely dismantling the above average team he was handed... They would have better off signing a younger FA or drafting a RB...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Oh-oh.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Frank Gore is "reconsidering" signing with the Eagles.

Gore's three-year deal with the Eagles has been widely reported as finished, with the terms including $7.5 million guaranteed over the first two seasons. Perhaps the 49ers have gotten cold feet about letting their veteran leader walk following Monday's retirement revelations surrounding Justin Smith and Patrick Willis. Per Rapsheet, the Colts are a team to watch for the 31 year old's services. A reversal would be a big loss for the Eagles, who were reportedly interested in Mark Ingram before going hard after Gore.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:18 pm

According to FOX's Mike Garafolo, all indications are free agent Frank Gore in now "intent" on joining the Colts.

Gore appears set to leave the Eagles at the alter, instead choosing to hitch his wagon to Andrew Luck. He'd move ahead of Dan Herron as Andrew Luck's feature back and give Luck one of the game's best pass-protecting running backs. It's reasonable to think the Eagles' apparent lack of direction in personnel moves gave Gore cold feet and he sees a better chance to win a Super Bowl in Indy.

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I see the Colts making all these moves to their offense, as if they are pushing for a super bowl run, but if they stand pat on their mediocre defense, what is the point?!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:24 pm

This is why this legal tampering window is so stupid

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:38 pm

It'd be funny now if PHI called Ingram and he backed out from NOS, lol.

Although I guess he's already signed since he went back to his own team. STILL.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I see the Colts making all these moves to their offense,  as if they are pushing for a super bowl run,  but if they stand pat on their mediocre defense,  what is the point?!

Let's see what else they do in FA.

Also, I would bet good money that not one draft pick goes to offense, unless there is just a golden OL sitting there when they pick.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

It would be interesting to play for Chip Kelly but you cant deny his passion to play for the Colts.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 pm

I think it would be kinda funny if Chip let's all his studs go and then ends up with nothing...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:35 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I think it would be kinda funny if Chip let's all his studs go and then ends up with nothing...

I dont call Maclin a stud. Solid no doubt but Maclin isnt someone I own much if ever.

Mccoy is a stud.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:41 am

I'm with you Rich. Maclin is on my do-not-own list.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:57 am

I do think Gore would work well in Indy......but what scared him from Philly if he ends up passing on Philly?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Quote :
The Indianapolis Colts are reportedly set to sign veteran running back Frank Gore, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Gore's status has been one of the most interesting stories to follow ahead of free agency thus far, as the 10-year veteran initially appeared set to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles before reconsidering the situation.

While details on the contract have yet to emerge, Gore is expected to receive a deal similar to the three-year, $12-million offer he had from the Eagles early on, including $8.5 million in guarantees.

Whoa. Never seen a deal fall through like that.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:19 pm

3 year deal for an old RB?!?!?! Should be a good fit for the Colts. Gives Luck a dependable RB to help him out in the passing game as well

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:20 pm

I think Gore made the right call here. Not really a right or wrong destination, both teams are fine. I think a few more bucks and playing with Luck though was the right call. I see Indy with a better shot at a title in the next 2 years than the Eagles.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm happy for Gore here. He deserves a shot at a ring.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Actually, I love this one. There is one thing that Gore does very well besides pounding the ball. He knows how to protect the QB. I'll take that even from an old fucker.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:28 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

I'm not sure he's much better off in IND than SF in this regard. Probably some, but not a huge difference.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Actually, I love this one. There is one thing that Gore does very well besides pounding the ball. He knows how to protect the QB. I'll take that even from an old fucker.

If this continues Luck will also like this Gore addition

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:53 pm

New England Nineties wrote:

I'm not sure he's much better off in IND than SF in this regard. Probably some, but not a huge difference.

I think IND is a playoff caliber team. I don't think they can win it all but sad as it is to say SF might not even make the playoffs this year. Seattle looks better than last year already. Rams just dumped the ball and chain of Bradford for a possible starter + 2nd rounder. Cardinals get Palmer back.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 pm

New England Nineties wrote:

I agree with Mike here. Problems were reversed though, lack of real offense in SF, lack of real defense in Indy. Hopefully, Indy can resolve their issue first. I will say I think they can manage it easier than SF. Plus, they do have some Cap room to add some pieces.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:05 am

Gore's numbers:

Quote :
Frank Gore's deal now officially signed, per @RosenhausSports: 3 years for $12 million, including $8.5 million in the first 2 years.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:35 pm

This Indy team is serious. However we've seen in the past that filling a roster full of aging stars hasn't fielded the result everyone was hoping for...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Yeah but Johnson still has some gas in the tank. Gore I'm really not so sure about. The rest of the team is still pretty spry, on offense at least.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:27 pm

No doubt if they can gel quickly they could be a real force in 2015

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
This Indy team is serious.  However we've seen in the past that filling a roster full of aging stars hasn't fielded the result everyone was hoping for...

AJ I think was a great signing. I will miss Reggie tho'. Gore should have enough left to help this Offense for 1-2 years. I think the big difference for him will be the difference in QB's. That alone should really bump his numbers. He should have some better opportunities than he did in SFO.

Justin's right, the rest of that Offense is sooooo young. I think they needed both of these guys to keep their heads on straight during a game.

Now....

If we can just fix SOME of the Defense........................................

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Manning was at his best with a player from "THE U" at RB and WR. Luck will be at his best with a player from "THE U" at RB and WR!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:
This Indy team is serious.  However we've seen in the past that filling a roster full of aging stars hasn't fielded the result everyone was hoping for...

AJ I think was a great signing. I will miss Reggie tho'. Gore should have enough left to help this Offense for 1-2 years. I think the big difference for him will be the difference in QB's. That alone should really bump his numbers. He should have some better opportunities than he did in SFO.

Justin's right, the rest of that Offense is sooooo young. I think they needed both of these guys to keep their heads on straight during a game.

Now....

If we can just fix SOME of the Defense........................................

Yeah, the offense and defense are poised to set records in 2015 coarse the defensive records won't be positive ones...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Gore RB IND   

Back to top Go down

Frank Gore RB IND
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: