:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Bruce Carter LB TB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Bruce Carter LB TB   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 pm

If you are in another IDP dynasty league don't sleep on him.  Go pick him up off of waivers or try to trade for him on the cheap.  He has a ton of talent and just needs the opportunity.

Bruce Carter - LB - Cowboys
After a strong showing in OTAs, ILB Bruce Carter is now "neck-and-neck" with Dan Connor for the starting job next to Sean Lee, according to Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones.
Now healthy after late 2010 ACL surgery, Carter is showing his "first-round talent, first-round skills," said Jones. "He's really making an impression on everybody." Added DC Rob Ryan, "I'm seeing a real player now ... He's the guy we thought he was when we drafted him."
Related: Dan Connor
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram Jun 8 - 10:42 AM

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 pm

No love huh? Ok, ok. Some people create the curve and most follow the curve. You all can follow- this way please. This way...

steamroller

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:00 am

thanks for the heads up ill go check in one of my leagues.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am

Is the 2nd ILB in the Dallas offense a big time tackle producer? Seems like they funneled the run game to Sean lee a lot last year. I did like Carter coming out of college though.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:24 pm

This defense can support 2 ILB's. Bradie James had a pretty good career and Carter has more natural talent than James. Sean Lee had a ton of assists last season, but if Carter can get to the ball carrier faster than James (which he can) then I think Lee's assists numbers will drop and Carter's opportunities will increase. There is risk that he may backup Dan Conner this year, but it's only a matter of time before Conner gets hurt and it's possible that Carter wins the job outright. It'll be interesting to see. As a flyer, it's a no brainer pickup.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
There is risk that he may backup Dan Conner this year, but it's only a matter of time before Conner gets hurt

I love it that there are so many people in the fantasy football world that make their strategy like this. Unless you can have 200 players on your team, leave this guy on the waiver wire until it is time to pull the trigger. It is always good to keep an eye on players like this, but that doesn't mean that they should actually be on your roster. I like it that you can peg a guy like this as a sleeper though, that is good work.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
There is risk that he may backup Dan Conner this year, but it's only a matter of time before Conner gets hurt

I love it that there are so many people in the fantasy football world that make their strategy like this. Unless you can have 200 players on your team, leave this guy on the waiver wire until it is time to pull the trigger. It is always good to keep an eye on players like this, but that doesn't mean that they should actually be on your roster. I like it that you can peg a guy like this as a sleeper though, that is good work.

Understood, but dynasty teams usually have deep rosters. There is some crappy WR you're holding, or a 3rd string TE that is going to have no value, so why not take a flier on a guy like Carter before you have to compete with other teams. Once he wins the starting job, everyone is going to go after him. Being 1 step ahead, is worth the risk in most cases because you are practically sacrificing nothing and the payoff can be huge. :my2c:

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 am

I have to agree with the Syndicate. In most IDP leagues especially ones like this one where we start CBs and DT's you usually are holding on to 40-50 players. it is sometimes is more beneficial to use that last roster spot on a defensive player that has a chance to break out vs. that 4th TE. Having that player on your team is easier than having to pray that you get him during free agency especially when players like him are usually the ones that end up in the top 10 for their position. IDP is quirky that way.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:37 am

I play in 16 team leagues with 30 man rosters. Carter is rostered in every one already, by me in one league, though I admit I had him on a short list to get cut before reading this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Dan Connor expected to be a starter

Quote :
ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer expects the Cowboys to start Dan Connor at inside linebacker next to Sean Lee this season.

Analysis: The expectation is that Connor will be the early-down run stuffer, replaced by Bruce Carter in Dallas' nickel packages. If so, it will be a situation to avoid in IDP leagues. Look for Lee to lead the Cowboys in tackles this season.

I stick to my option. Unless you can have 200 players on your team, leave this guy on the waiver wire. If he is already on another team, well, that's their fault.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Dan Connor expected to be a starter

Quote :
ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer expects the Cowboys to start Dan Connor at inside linebacker next to Sean Lee this season.

Analysis: The expectation is that Connor will be the early-down run stuffer, replaced by Bruce Carter in Dallas' nickel packages. If so, it will be a situation to avoid in IDP leagues. Look for Lee to lead the Cowboys in tackles this season.

I stick to my option. Unless you can have 200 players on your team, leave this guy on the waiver wire. If he is already on another team, well, that's their fault.

Hogwash. First, everyone knew that Connor was going to be the starter. Second, there is no guarantee that Carter doesn't beat him out in camp. Third, Dan Conner can never stay healthy, so Carter should have his opportunity at some point this season. Fourth, this is a dynasty league (not redraft), and there is almost zero chance at Connor is on the team next year, so at the minimum Bruce Carter should be the starting 3-down ILB for Dallas by 2013. If he is on the WW in a 30-40 man roster, there is no reason to have him sitting on the WW. Such a no risk commitment with a huge top 10-20 upside. Much rather have Bruce Carter sitting on my bench over a 6th WR.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree with Jason to a degree. Its best to stay as "ahead of the curve" as possible with as little risk as possible...imagine everyone who was laughed at for picking up Arian Foster and stashing him (I was one of those people). However, I find it amusing that Nate Irving and Bruce Carter both happen to be on...Jasons team Shocked ....therefore, though the opportunity will definitely be there at some point Im not so sure if the upside is as great or as immediate as advertised here in this thread. But it doesnt hurt to have him stashed especially if you believe in his upside.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

There is a reason I drafted, actually stole, them.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 am

There is a reason I drafted, actually stole, them.

Time will tell. I certainly dont disagree with the sentiment though money

Just dont go chatting them up in trade talks lol3

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:07 am

I do agree that both have the "possibility" of being contributors. I also ascribe to the idea that it is better to have a player like Carter on your team vs. a 4th TE or a sixth WR. At the same time there are reasons both players were still waiver pick ups in the majority of leagues, so it may be early to say that you "stole" them. I may be wrong down the line though.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
At the same time there are reasons both players were still waiver pick ups in the majority of leagues, so it may be early to say that you "stole" them. I may be wrong down the line though.

Of course. I agree with you there and that's what fantasy football is all about. I like potential. I like to get guys on the cheap, either before people know who they are or after someone else gives up on a player. I made a decision to spend less money on Bruce Carter and Nate Irving ($15 total for the two of them) and then use the money I saved on other players/positions. If you wait for a guy to break out to get him (ala Arian Foster, Jimmy Graham, Denarius Moore etc...) you have to pay an arm and a leg. Everyone loves a sure thing. Neither Carter, nor Irving, are sure things. BUT, if they work out, like their pedigree says they will, there could be a jackpot at the end of the rainbow.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Bucs agreed to terms with LB Bruce Carter, formerly of the Cowboys, on a four-year contract.

The former second-round pick can play both the strong side and weak side in the 4-3 defense, but will likely man the SAM spot in Tampa Bay with Lavonte David locked in at WILL. Last year's SLB Danny Lansanah is a candidate to kick to the middle for the Bucs, replacing free agent MLB Mason Foster.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:41 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Bucs agreed to terms with LB Bruce Carter, formerly of the Cowboys, on a four-year contract.

The former second-round pick can play both the strong side and weak side in the 4-3 defense, but will likely man the SAM spot in Tampa Bay with Lavonte David locked in at WILL. Last year's SLB Danny Lansanah is a candidate to kick to the middle for the Bucs, replacing free agent MLB Mason Foster.
Actually local talk is he might end up in the middle...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Confirmed. Plan is to feature him as the MLB replacing Foster.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/all-eyes-on-carter-as-buccaneers-new-man-in-the-middle/

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:33 pm

He played all over in Dallas and it didn't help him there...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
He played all over in Dallas and it didn't help him there...

Ya good point... didnt help him there... not sure what that means really but great point brosky!

"In his four seasons in Dallas Carter played in 49 games and made 32 starts. He racked up 186 tackles, three sacks, five interceptions and 11 passes defensed in that time, with all five of his picks coming in 13 games last season. That interception total tied for third in the NFL, just two of the lead, and were the most by any linebacker in the NFL" taken from http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Land-Carter-to-Strengthen-LB-Corps/4649b09c-44cf-422e-a884-7ff4cc5b0a9d

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:05 pm

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Bruce-Carter-Primed-for-Leadership-Role/9668235e-3878-415f-94e7-6a69722c36d7

Bruce Carter was one of the Bucs’ key free agent signings this offseason and since arriving in Tampa, he’s been working with the first-team defense as their middle linebacker. Although Carter is new to the Buccaneers, Head Coach Lovie Smith said that, because of the nature of his position, he needs to quickly develop into a leader on the Bucs’ defense.

1st 1st 1st

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:29 am

I hope he finally puts it all together and produces, I still have a couple shares of his stock in some leagues... but he usually just ends up completely underwhelming... We'll see if TB is the right place for him to finally develop into a quality IDP...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:39 am

Tampa really want him to become their defensive leader but he probably won't based on everything we've seen so far.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:55 am

I still have my doubts with Carter??  He has all the tools to be really good, but he really needs to put it all on the field and finally show what he can do.  Maybe this is the year?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Carter LB TB   

Back to top Go down

Bruce Carter LB TB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: