Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Sim Baseball

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Are there any baseball fans what might be interested in a sim baseball league?  I play on What If Sports and a little on Imagine Sports. Although I prefer WIS, I think the minimum number of teams is 24.  Imagine Sports allows for a 12 team league.

My thought is to have three games per day.  Some ideas for themes would be: select a franchise which is exclusive to you, specific year and all players from that year are in the draft, or select a decade (exclusive franchise or free for all for the decade).

The cost on WIS is $12 and Imagine Sports is $24.  I think the quickest to get started would be the Imagine Sports option.

With baseball season upon us and fantasy games not starting for awhile, I thought this might ease baseball fans into the season.

www.whatifsports.com
www.imaginesports.com

Let me know if you're interested and if so, let's get started.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 pm

I’d be interested, love me some baseball

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Baseball has been mentioned and Bern wasn't the first one here?

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Baseball has been mentioned and Bern wasn't the first one here?

I thought the same thing.  I figured he had a setup on his phone for when key words like baseball was mentioned.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:21 pm

My plate's really pretty full.  I've never done a Sim league as I always figured it was very time consuming.  I am going to check out your links and see what it's all about.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

My plate's really pretty full.  I've never done a Sim league as I always figured it was very time consuming.  I am going to check out your links and see what it's all about.

They're really not that time consuming at all. On WIS, you can pretty much set your lineups and pitching rotations and check in once a day. The main thing you want to look at when you do check lineups in fatigue; however, they usually aren't bad. I believe the commish can set the league so there's no injuries.

I would prefer WIS, but like I mentioned, I believe you need 24 players compared to 12 on Imagine Sports.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 pm

If you would prefer to hold off on our own league, we can jump on one that is a public one at Imagine Sports. Those fill pretty fast.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:10 pm

So you don't have to sit and watch the games play out?  I always thought you watch the games like a manager, and make substitutions and pitching changes during the game.  

It sounds like it's more of a GM role where you create your roster and make lineup moves as a coach based on injuries, fatigue, slumps, or hunches.  

How does a league start?  Is it done by a draft, or by selecting a team, or era, or something else?

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
So you don't have to sit and watch the games play out?  I always thought you watch the games like a manager, and make substitutions and pitching changes during the game.  

It sounds like it's more of a GM role where you create your roster and make lineup moves as a coach based on injuries, fatigue, slumps, or hunches.  

How does a league start?  Is it done by a draft, or by selecting a team, or era, or something else?

There is a site I used to belong to that you did just what you thought. It was real time and you controlled the game. However, HERE you pretty much serve as the GM, but then as a manager by setting and adjusting lineups and rotations as you see fit. There is an option to use the waiver wire, but that's up to how the league is set up.

As you said, you can draft a franchise, decade, year, or on Imagine Sports do a draft. It can be a live draft done over time, or all owners pick players along with alternates. You set the order you want players selected. If you want a player, but he is chosen by an owner who had him ranked higher, you get the alternate or the site picks a player who compares to the one you initially wanted.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:24 pm

A player stats are based on the year selected or his career. It's important to know that not all sim stats compare to a player's real life stats.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:47 pm

not even gonna "watch" this thread

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am

Count me in. Never did a sim baseball league before but I've always been interested.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Yep, unwatching!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sim Baseball   

Back to top Go down

Sim Baseball
Page 1 of 1