:: I forgot my password

Share | 

RW Poker Club

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Trying to download now... I live in liberal ass Washington that doesnt allow online gambling so not sure if I will run into any hiccups, but if Chase can get it to work being in Washington then I have hope

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Trying to download now... I live in liberal ass Washington that doesnt allow online gambling so not sure if I will run into any hiccups, but if Chase can get it to work being in Washington then I have hope

You should be good Sam, its all play money in the US.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Good thing I'm only 10 minutes from 2 beautiful poker rooms.... Hope playing with you guys doesn't get me back into old bad habits...

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm

I think I am in.

As far as the game tomorrow Sunday the 11th at 8:30 CST (6:30 PST <-- MY TIME) I am working on being there.. If family game night goes down tonight as planned and the grocery store run gets done earlier in the day tomorrow then its looking good.. Planning for that to happen like that

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:38 pm

I think I am in.

As far as the game tomorrow Sunday the 11th at 8:30 CST (6:30 PST <-- MY TIME) I am working on being there.. If family game night goes down tonight as planned and the grocery store run gets done earlier in the day tomorrow then its looking good.. Planning for that to happen like that

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Did anyone have issues downloading using a Mac?

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Manhattan Beach Militia wrote:

I use a MacBook and it froze the first time i tried downloading. I had to restart my computer and it worked fine the second time around.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Cyclone City Falcons wrote:
Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
On another note that will make me look like a jerk...but is it the best idea to have a guy in the interrogation process running the RW Poker Club with no established bank, and having not even shown his true colors? (He seems like a good fit so far from his posts)  I appreciate the idea and thank him for setting this up, and if he does follow through it would be a great thing for his contributions to the club, but should we elect someone to start a second "Home Game Group" even in the case that Kieth would be too busy to setup a time for a RW game?

I can grant Admin privileges to anyone in the group at anytime. I'm fine with this if that's what you guys wanna do. I'm working on trying to set up a time for a game. Looks like we can do a single table (Sit n Go) for up to 9 players or a tournament. I assume a single table would probably be sufficient for the first game. It looks like you can create a schedule but that feature hasn't been activated for me yet.

How does Sunday at 8:30pm CST work? Will people be able to play for an hour or so at that time?

We can play for fun on the first go 'round too.

I'll be around poker

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 pm

I use a MacBook and it froze the first time i tried downloading. I had to restart my computer and it worked fine the second time around.

Thanks!

I'm in as M.B. Militia

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks!

I'm in as M.B. Militia

You're in!

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Thanks!

I'm in as M.B. Militia

You're in!

Much appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm

LV Juggalos RW

checking in for duty.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Las Vegas Juggalos wrote:
LV Juggalos RW

checking in for duty.

I gotcha.

We're up to 14 total members so far. Looks like we'll pretty much always have enough guys to get a game going when we decide on a schedule (if that's what we wanna do).

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

I aint gonna front its been years since I was on joker stars.. might need a tutorial of where to go. Do we just go to home games and there will be a room there to join?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Cyclone City FalconsOk, I've created our own Roster Wars Poker Club! Download the Poker Stars software and follow these directions:

1) On the right side of the main menu, select More then HOME GAMES

2) Click on Join a Poker Club

3) Enter the Club ID 2143901 and Invitation Code of warbucks

4) I've created my name as Cyclone City RW.

You are close, look for the Join poker club button. Should be on the left, I believe.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:58 pm

should be able to play tomorrow night

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 am

Did we set up a time for the game tonight?

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:01 am

8:30pm CST is what's been agreed on, I think we'll have at least 7 or so.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 am

I'll be there

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 am

It's been years since I played using that feature and never set them up, but don't you have to schedule the time and game withing the PS Home Game Group so we can all get in?  IDK I could be totally wrong, but I think I recall having dates and times listed... i dont know

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am

It's been years since I played using that feature and never set them up, but don't you have to schedule the time and game withing the PS Home Game Group so we can all get in?  IDK I could be totally wrong, but I think I recall having dates and times listed... i dont know

The Schedule portion of the software isn't active (greyed out) right now. It looks like you can set up a Single Table or Tournament at any time though.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 am

Do we need to do anything prior to the game to get started? Besides having a beer in hand, do we need to purchase anything from PS to start playing?

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 am

Do we need to do anything prior to the game to get started?  Besides having a beer in hand, do we need to purchase anything from PS to start playing?

Don't think so. Cash gambling is illegal in the states, so it's all play money at this point and everything should be included with the downloaded software.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:06 am

Do we need to do anything prior to the game to get started?  Besides having a beer in hand, do we need to purchase anything from PS to start playing?

Don't think so. Cash gambling is illegal in the states, so it's all play money at this point and everything should be included with the downloaded software.

Thanks...Just wanted to be prepared.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:18 am

I think I figured out the Scheduling piece. I created a single table game (9 players max). It looks like everyone gets 35,000 chips to start and the max buy-in for our game is 20,000 with a 100/200 blind structure.

I'll be on a little earlier than 8:30 to make sure things are set up correctly, but as soon as you login just join my game.

I've never actually put together a Home Game club so I'll be learning as we go along.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:20 am

Ill be there. Thanks for organizing this.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:27 am

I think I figured out the Scheduling piece. I created a single table game (9 players max). It looks like everyone gets 35,000 chips to start and the max buy-in for our game is 20,000 with a 100/200 blind structure.

I'll be on a little earlier than 8:30 to make sure things are set up correctly, but as soon as you login just join my game.

I've never actually put together a Home Game club so I'll be learning as we go along.

Thanks man. Definitely just learning the ropes tonight so that we can hopefully do some real tourneys in the future. My thoughts/questions for us to sort out tonight...

1. Is there a way to have a deadline for a sit-n-go tourney that will allow any number of our entrants by whatever the set deadline is? Or do we need to have a set number set up thus we need to determine how many are in HERE and everyone just needs to show up?

2. Can we have a multi-table game?

3. You said start with 35k in chips but then max buy-in is 20k....I'm confused?

I'm gonna hit you new guys up shortly about funds but you should be able to access the Minor League banksection at this point and see how Owner accounts work with me. Many people keep balances with me so that when we do side games we can just pass money around HERE and save fees and hassle. The idea that I'm sure most of us were thinking with this...is that we could set up a tourney for a set price which I can administer here. All participants would need to have the entry in their RW account and then we just decide what a tourney is for and I'll handle the rest. Maybe we could have a $5 game one week and a $20 the next or whatever.

Just something to look at.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 am

Addressing Andy's comment as well, I think if you set it up as a tournament instead of as just a Club Table people have to pre- register to say if they are going to be there or not...(might help keep track funds for when we play for real $), and I believe the tournament format will allow more than 9 players to play, with multiple tables that then obviously merge when players are eliminated.  And I also was lost with the 35K of chips for 20k buy in? 

Just going from memory, and just trying to help.  Either way glad you set this up Keith.  See you guys tonight.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Thanks man.  Definitely just learning the ropes tonight so that we can hopefully do some real tourneys in the future.  My thoughts/questions for us to sort out tonight...

1. Is there a way to have a deadline for a sit-n-go tourney that will allow any number of our entrants by whatever the set deadline is? Or do we need to have a set number set up thus we need to determine how many are in HERE and everyone just needs to show up?

I'm gonna hit you new guys up shortly about funds but you should be able to access the Minor League banksection at this point and see how Owner accounts work with me.  Many people keep balances with me so that when we do side games we can just pass money around HERE and save fees and hassle.  The idea that I'm sure most of us were thinking with this...is that we could set up a tourney for a set price which I can administer here.  All participants would need to have the entry in their RW account and then we just decide what a tourney is for and I'll handle the rest.  Maybe we could have a $5 game one week and a $20 the next or whatever.

I think new users get 35,000 chips to get you started for whatever games you want to play. So all of us will have enough to buy-in for tonight's game at minimum. I'm not sure if you have to earn more chips on your own or if you can always have a "buffer stash" to buy-in for stuff.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Thanks man.  Definitely just learning the ropes tonight so that we can hopefully do some real tourneys in the future.  My thoughts/questions for us to sort out tonight...

I'm gonna hit you new guys up shortly about funds but you should be able to access the Minor League banksection at this point and see how Owner accounts work with me.  Many people keep balances with me so that when we do side games we can just pass money around HERE and save fees and hassle.  The idea that I'm sure most of us were thinking with this...is that we could set up a tourney for a set price which I can administer here.  All participants would need to have the entry in their RW account and then we just decide what a tourney is for and I'll handle the rest.  Maybe we could have a $5 game one week and a $20 the next or whatever.

I think new users get 35,000 chips to get you started for whatever games you want to play. So all of us will have enough to buy-in for tonight's game at minimum. I'm not sure if you have to earn more chips on your own or if you can always have a "buffer stash" to buy-in for stuff.

Ohhhhh...I hope we don't have to make sure we all have enough make-believe chips to enter one of these things. I blew 10k the other fucking around and I bet they make you buy more with real money which is bullshit.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 pm

On another note that will make me look like a jerk...but is it the best idea to have a guy in the interrogation process running the RW Poker Club with no established bank, and having not even shown his true colors? (He seems like a good fit so far from his posts)  I appreciate the idea and thank him for setting this up, and if he does follow through it would be a great thing for his contributions to the club, but should we elect someone to start a second "Home Game Group" even in the case that Kieth would be too busy to setup a time for a RW game?

I can grant Admin privileges to anyone in the group at anytime. I'm fine with this if that's what you guys wanna do. I'm working on trying to set up a time for a game. Looks like we can do a single table (Sit n Go) for up to 9 players or a tournament. I assume a single table would probably be sufficient for the first game. It looks like you can create a schedule but that feature hasn't been activated for me yet.

How does Sunday at 8:30pm CST work? Will people be able to play for an hour or so at that time?

We can play for fun on the first go 'round too.

So from where I am it looks like there isn't a tourney scheduled on there. There is a cash game table that I can join right now though. I will and SIT OUT if you want to live chat there.
Maybe give me admin access so I can take a look at the setup too. Odds are if we get this working, we'll want a few people to be able to start up a tourney because sometimes you'll be able to make it or not, same with me etc etc.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Let's be clear about one thing everyone...Pokerstars terms of service explicitly state we are not allowed to play for cash in the way we intend.  Soooo, just like how we use Paypal....at no time should anyone post anything on their site (the chat) about playing for money, winning money or anything of that ilk.  We can manage all of that shit here.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Ohhhhh...I hope we don't have to make sure we all have enough make-believe chips to enter one of these things.  I blew 10k the other fucking around and I bet they make you buy more with real money which is bullshit.

To get more play money chips.

Click the cashier button in the top right of the main menu.
Towards the middle of the page where it says "Play money chips", click collect.
This will give you 12,500 play chips and start a 4 hour countdown clock before you can collect again.

You can also buy play chips with real money but dont ever do that anyone.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

Ohhhhh...I hope we don't have to make sure we all have enough make-believe chips to enter one of these things.  I blew 10k the other fucking around and I bet they make you buy more with real money which is bullshit.

To get more play money chips.

Click the cashier button in the top right of the main menu.
Towards the middle of the page where it says "Play money chips", click collect.
This will give you 12,500 play chips and start a 4 hour countdown clock before you can collect again.

You can also buy play chips with real money but dont ever do that anyone.

Thanks Matt. I was looking for that answer but I'm literally bouncing between like 14 different things at once so I still haven't gotten to that answer. haha

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Is the cost of play chips to start a home game set by Poker Stars, or by the home game admin?

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Is the cost of play chips to start a home game set by Poker Stars, or by the home game admin?

The buy-in amount was greyed out for me, but I think it's based on the stakes you want to play for. I've created the lowest blind structure we can play.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm

I set up a tourney on there for tonight at 8:30pm CT. Anyone in our club can join. Tonight will be free just to give us a chance to see if things can work out for real in the future.

If you can be around, join us. You'll need 20,000 play money to join.

Let's not discuss our plans on their site but just shoot the shit. We'll work details out here for later. My guess is we'll want to have games when we know at least X people can play. Maybe have something like "for every 6 players there is a payout" so over six would pay 1st/2nd and at 13 people you'd include 3rd....or something like that.

For me personally, I can't play often but it would be cool to have a weekly game for an hour or so. I'm sure some can play much more than me.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:58 pm

I set up a tourney on there for tonight at 8:30pm CT.  Anyone in our club can join.  Tonight will be free just to give us a chance to see if things can work out for real in the future.

If you can be around, join us.  You'll need 20,000 play money to join.

Let's not discuss our plans on their site but just shoot the shit.  We'll work details out here for later.  My guess is we'll want to have games when we know at least X people can play.  Maybe have something like "for every 6 players there is a payout" so over six would pay 1st/2nd and at 13 people you'd include 3rd....or something like that.

For me personally, I can't play often but it would be cool to have a weekly game for an hour or so.  I'm sure some can play much more than me.

Assuming things work out well tonight, I think scheduling a weekly game for whoever can make it would be cool. Anyone who wants to play a cash table or additional tournament can set it up as people are interested.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Not sure of my status tonight, but I'm usually available Sunday evenings. I'll check in tonight if I'm available.

On a side note, when the U.S. outlawed Poker Stars, I never returned. Now I downloaded it again to play RW, and I'll be damned, I still have $20 in my account. Probably can't even cash it anymore. doh

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Not sure of my status tonight, but I'm usually available Sunday evenings.  I'll check in tonight if I'm available.

On a side note, when the U.S. outlawed Poker Stars, I never returned.  Now I downloaded it again to play RW, and I'll be damned, I still have $20 in my account.  Probably can't even cash it anymore. doh

This is kind of like finding 20 bucks in your jeans when you put them on.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:35 pm

So fucking stoked for this. I havent played in a hot minute. Really hoping I can make it tonight

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Not sure of my status tonight, but I'm usually available Sunday evenings.  I'll check in tonight if I'm available.

On a side note, when the U.S. outlawed Poker Stars, I never returned.  Now I downloaded it again to play RW, and I'll be damned, I still have $20 in my account.  Probably can't even cash it anymore. doh

They offer DFS if you can throw it in there...

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Las Vegas Juggalos wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

This is kind of like finding 20 bucks in your jeans when you put them on.

But if I can't cash it out, it's like my wife found it when she threw the pants in the washing machine, and now she has it. no

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm

I set up a tourney on there for tonight at 8:30pm CT.  Anyone in our club can join.  Tonight will be free just to give us a chance to see if things can work out for real in the future.

Let's not discuss our plans on their site but just shoot the shit.  We'll work details out here for later.  My guess is we'll want to have games when we know at least X people can play.  Maybe have something like "for every 6 players there is a payout" so over six would pay 1st/2nd and at 13 people you'd include 3rd....or something like that.

For me personally, I can't play often but it would be cool to have a weekly game for an hour or so.  I'm sure some can play much more than me.

Assuming things work out well tonight, I think scheduling a weekly game for whoever can make it would be cool. Anyone who wants to play a cash table or additional tournament can set it up as people are interested.

Yup, except I can't think of a way the cash table can work because Americans are not allowed to play for cash on their site and it would be too messy to handle that stuff here I would think.

A weekly Sunday Night game sounds like a good starting point. Say we do a $5 weekly game...we could just have a set payout structure for 3-20 players and have a handful of us set up as Admins so whoever is gonna be around can set up the game. If 5 show up then play based on the 5 person payout structure...if 15 show up, play according to that. Just keep it simple. If down the road people want to bump up the entry or play more often or change the times then we can figure it out whenever.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Yup, except I can't think of a way the cash table can work because Americans are not allowed to play for cash on their site and it would be too messy to handle that stuff here I would think.  

A weekly Sunday Night game sounds like a good starting point.  Say we do a $5 weekly game...we could just have a set payout structure for 3-20 players and have a handful of us set up as Admins so whoever is gonna be around can set up the game.  If 5 show up then play based on the 5 person payout structure...if 15 show up, play according to that.  Just keep it simple.  If down the road people want to bump up the entry or play more often or change the times then we can figure it out whenever.

Solid plan.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Might be fun to coordinate a google hangout or something during the games.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Well, I have some beer and chips and watching the clock countdown to the tournament. Maybe I am anxious to play.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Think I'm already sitting at the table..

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Join the tournament Sam, your at the cash game table...

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Join the tournament Sam, your at the cash game table...

Am I square now? like I said its been a while since I played on this site

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RW Poker Club   

Back to top Go down

RW Poker Club
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: