x
x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Used to be downhill skiing. Now it's short track speed skating.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm

I like the Biathlon.  You have to cross country ski to your targets and then try to shoot them out.  I can see myself huffing and puffing and my rifle bobbing up and down 12 inches as I try and catch my breath.  I hope to hold my breath long enough to keep the rifle still to hit my target.  Oh and if you miss a target, take a penalty lap before heading out to ski to the next target.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Favorite? Probably alpine skiing. I like to watch most everything except for figure skating and curling. Luge and Skeleton are crazy, I'd shit my pants if I was going 100mph on a sheet of ice.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Alpine skiing

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 pm

I don't know why, but I'm really into curling. Snowboarding is sweet too. The wife loves figure skating, so I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of that in the coming weeks.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I don't know why, but I'm really into curling.  Snowboarding is sweet too.  The wife loves figure skating, so I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of that in the coming weeks.

I love curling. Wake up at 3am to watch it live.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 pm

NONE!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
I don't know why, but I'm really into curling.  Snowboarding is sweet too.  The wife loves figure skating, so I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of that in the coming weeks.

Looks like a lot of curling on tomorrow!

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 am

Short track speed skating, but favorite is the ski jumping...such a finesse sport to squeeze every inch you can out of each jump.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
NONE!

high five

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 am

I don't know why, but I'm really into curling.

I like it too. I think it’s cause I can envision a bunch of fat guys drinking beer in between go’s as a thing like cornhole for the olympics.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 am

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 am

I was going to say curling, but I have to agree, short track speed skating is pretty wild. Used to be hockey, but without the NHL players this year, that is a let down.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 am

Nordic combined.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:56 am

Snowboarding for sure. But my wife loves skating, and I watch it. Some of those chicks are hot.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:32 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Snowboarding for sure. But my wife loves skating, and I watch it. Some of those chicks are hot.

"Wife watches it"... Sure Nick.  Sure.  

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 am

Don't make fun of me Brad, I am an emotional guy.  lol 2

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:00 am

Ice Hockey. I won't go out of my way to watch it though. I like a lot of the summer games though soccer, rugby, Judo, wrestling, weight lifting, track/field.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 am

Snowboarding and alpine skiing but I usually just watch whatever is on. I'm more of an X-games kind of guy.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
I was going to say curling, but I have to agree, short track speed skating is pretty wild.  Used to be hockey, but without the NHL players this year, that is a let down.

I agree, no interest in watching amateur players I never heard of.

Btw anyone wants to get into curling theres a great match on right now USA vs. SUI its tied 3-3 in the 7th end. Swiss are the defending world champs.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 pm

I was going to say curling, but I have to agree, short track speed skating is pretty wild.  Used to be hockey, but without the NHL players this year, that is a let down.

Btw anyone wants to get into curling theres a great match on right now USA vs. SUI its tied 3-3 in the 7th end. Swiss are the defending world champs.

You know I've been watching! That last rock in the the 6th was unfortunate!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm

I have no idea what's happening, but this last round seems to be going the way of the Swiss.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm

You know I've been watching! That last rock in the the 6th was unfortunate!

Yea, could come back to bite them. Coming down to the wire here.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
I have no idea what's happening, but this last round seems to be going the way of the Swiss.

Yea, they got the "hammer" so they kind of dictate how the round goes. USA just has to hold them to a single point.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Tough loss, feel like the US outplayed them and gave it up at the end.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Yea, they got the "hammer" so they kind of dictate how the round goes. USA just has to hold them to a single point.

We'll that's lame. Did you notice that Matt Hamilton sounds like Steve-o from Jackass?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Curling - it was the one Olympic sport that I felt like me and my buddies could actually compete in. It’s shiffleboard on ice!!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Curling - it was the one Olympic sport that I felt like me and my buddies could actually compete in. It’s shiffleboard on ice!!

We've got a rink(arena, hall, building?) here in MN that has a bar attached. Beer league curling sounds awesome!

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 pm

I will watch whatever. Women's hockey isn't too bad. I just like to tune in for people to get hurt. I will watch ice skating and hope they fall. Speed skating for the wipeouts. You get the point. Fuck em.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm

And the figure skating dude fell! I love this shit.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:00 pm

I just saw this post on Twitter from some guy about how he scores Figure Skating.  

Quote :
How I judge figure skaters:

Lots of points for not falling
More spins, more points
Extra points for a good song.

If you ask me, that sounds about right.  ROFL

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I just saw this post on Twitter from some guy about how he scores Figure Skating.  

Quote :

More spins, more points

Pretty much! I saw a dude earlier that skated to a Queen medley and it was awesome.

Also just watched the Israel team skate and the girl fell. I laughed and my wife teared up. I have a feeling this will be how the next couple of weeks go in the Doppelganger household.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Quote :

More spins, more points

Pretty much! I saw a dude earlier that skated to a Queen medley and it was awesome.

Also just watched the Israel team skate and the girl fell. I laughed and my wife teared up. I have a feeling this will be how the next couple of weeks go in the Doppelganger household.

There will probably be some tears in our household too, but we only have 1 box of Kleenex in our house right now, so tomorrow I'm headed to the store to get a box for my wife.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Quote :
[size=32]How I judge figure skaters:

More spins, more points
Extra points for a good song. [/size]

There will probably be some tears in our household too, but we only have 1 box of Kleenex in our house right now, so tomorrow I'm headed to the store to get a box for my wife.

She was just talking about how beautiful it was and how she wants our not yet conceived children to do it. I want football back!

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:

We've got a rink(arena, hall, building?) here in MN that has a bar attached. Beer league curling sounds awesome!
agree
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 pm

This guy skating should lose points for choosing a 50s jazz cover of Wonderwall.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
This guy skating should lose points for choosing a 50s jazz cover of Wonderwall.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:22 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Quote :

More spins, more points

Was talking to my wife about scoring and how it makes no sense. In the men's short program some dude fell twice and got a higher score than another guy who looked like he did everything perfectly (obviously I have absolutely no idea if he did, all I know is he didn't fall or stumble). It's too complicated for me to pay that much attention. It was kind of weird to watch the men fall down regularly though.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:30 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
NONE!

high five

X2

It is all blah to me, but I will watch some.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am

I love the bobsled. Very exciting.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Quote :

More spins, more points

Was talking to my wife about scoring and how it makes no sense.  In the men's short program some dude fell twice and got a higher score than another guy who looked like he did everything perfectly (obviously I have absolutely no idea if he did, all I know is he didn't fall or stumble).  It's too complicated for me to pay that much attention.  It was kind of weird to watch the men fall down regularly though.
There are 2 types of figure skating they get judged on.... the free skate and the Short program... both get judged by presentation ( music, outfit, hair, etc.) in the Free skate its more of a technical skate, so your'e being judged by how balanced you are, stuff like that.  In the Short skate your'e judged on the components of the skate(difficulty of jumps and routine you put together). This is why a skater can still fall and gain points because it was a really hard jump.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Anyone else watch the opening ceremony? I thought it was one of the best I can remember. The whole story of the history of Korea and the symbolism was cool. I just wish Katie Couric and Mike Tirico would have shut their mouths.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Anyone else watch the opening ceremony?

Recorded it and will watch it later.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Anyone else watch the opening ceremony? I thought it was one of the best I can remember.   The whole story of the history of Korea and the symbolism was cool. I just wish Katie Couric and Mike Tirico would have shut their mouths.

I like watching them to see the host countries culture and you are dead on with Couric & Tirico.  I don't need to hear them pluggin her Nat Geo show on technology addiction.   rolleyes

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Anyone else watch the opening ceremony? I thought it was one of the best I can remember.   The whole story of the history of Korea and the symbolism was cool. I just wish Katie Couric and Mike Tirico would have shut their mouths.
clap It was first class...amazing how old their culture and history is.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Coachella Tremors wrote:
clap It was first class...amazing how old their culture and history is.

I really liked the movie style opening with the kids and continued theme throughout. Awesome special effects too!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 am

She was just talking about how beautiful it was and how she wants our not yet conceived children to do it.  I want football back!

This was just funny to me. For some reason reminded me of 10 Ways to Lose a Guy.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
I love the bobsled.  Very exciting.

Only if they are from Jamaica.
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 am

The two North and South Korea torchbearers fucking got me in the heart.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 am

Las Vegas Juggalos wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
I love the bobsled.  Very exciting.

Only if they are from Jamaica.

The 3 Jamaicans there this year are the Ladies Bobsled!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?   

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite winter Olympic sport?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: