:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Josh McDaniels Coach NEP

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Adam Schefter Reports McDaniels has turned down the Colts head coaching job and will remain OC in New England.

Could it be BB will do one more year and then turn it over to McDaniels?

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Well that's interesting. Not sure what's better...a Brissett/ Luck led Colts team with early picks or a Patriots team without Brady, Gronk, or BB and who knows what they'll do this offseason.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Whoa.  He was just announced as taking the Colts job this morning.  surprised

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

What if Bill is gone and they are gonna offer the job to McDaniels right now??

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 pm

BTW what a scumbag move to let them announce him and then back out!

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Kraft offered him a big raise in the last 48hrs, BB is the coach for one more year.... as of now

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
What if Bill is gone and they are gonna offer the job to McDaniels right now??

I thought the same thing, but I'm hoping BB stays at least one more year.

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Wonder if Kraft is lighting a cigar and thinking about Deflategate right now.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Indy gave contracts to a bunch of McDaniels' assistants already.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Man, what an asshole.  Josh McDaniels even had hired coaches

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 pm

Shorter stay than Belichick with the Jets

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
BTW what a scumbag move to let them announce him and then back out!

The part that gets me, the Colts offered assistant coaches jobs that he wanted. He didn't only screw the Colts but he screwed his friends.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Shorter stay than Belichick with the Jets

I appreciate the man a little more, he just made it a little easier on the Jags to repeat next year.
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:17 am

The actual reason may never come out although we can all speculate and he will provide some reason. Regardless, McDaniels looks bad and the Colts should know better than to give contracts to other guys without having had McDaniels signed on the dotted line.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 am

News comes when there is also news about Luck needing more surgery - coincidence?
The only reason to go to Indy is Luck, the rest of the roster is total garbage

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:31 am

If i had to guess... I would think McDaniels got cold feet b/c of that crackpot loony toons Owner Indy has. He'll never say that in public, so he'll probably say he didn't want to uproot his family.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 am

after hiring about the assistant hiring's it's even a bigger dick move

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 am

Major dick move. Hate when people go against their word/ commitments. Kinda hope this guy crashes and burns wherever he ends up.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 am

love this...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:37 am

Evil laugh Evil laugh Evil laugh

good point

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
love this...

Solid burn funny post
Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:37 pm

LOL. That is good. Kinda forgot it was Irsay who he's screwing over. I take back my previous comments.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Probably all to do with the realization that Luck is never playing again.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Never did like Josh McDaniels and like him even less today than yesterday. Nuff Said.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:47 pm

McDaniel's agent has terminated his contract with Josh.   Laughing  Usually you have to fire your agent, not in this case.  I guess he's steering clear of Josh.   Laughing

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
McDaniel's agent has terminated his contract with Josh.   Laughing  Usually you have to fire your agent, not in this case.  I guess he's steering clear of Josh.   Laughing

Guess he won't have anything much left to do if Kraft has promised him the job after Billy B leaves. shrug
Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:25 am

It's weird. All the shows I have beem watching that are covering this and Eric Mangini supports what JM did

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:16 am

Not to be that guy but you guys act like no one has ever had second thoughts about a job. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes and we can speculate all day about Kraft or Luck. However, employment is at-will. The team could have fired him just as fast as he could leave. At some point we have to stop just throwing stones at people because they do something that we don't expect. It's a business. It's interesting that his agent fires him the same day the agent for MLB player Yasiel Puig fires him, but no one talks about that on anything I watch.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 am

This is what I heard on the NFL network... JM was in his office and was cleaning it out.  He was prepared to say his goodbyes when Kraft, his son and Bill came to talk with him.  They pointed out that his 4 kids would be able to stay and not be uprooted.  They gave him more money and a promise to be Bills successor.  Bill is going to teach him everything he needs to know, including all the GM stuff.  
So JM gets all this and gets a good roster in a year or 2... or he could go to Indy and take over a shit roster with a rookie GM to answer to and trust to build a roster.  Also a broken QB.

What would you all choose?

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am

I would choose to stay in NE. However, why wasn't this talked about earlier? Was he a second choice to Patricia? It would make me wonder I guess...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
This is what I heard on the NFL network... JM was in his office and was cleaning it out.  He was prepared to say his goodbyes when Kraft, his son and Bill came to talk with him.  They pointed out that his 4 kids would be able to stay and not be uprooted.  They gave him more money and a promise to be Bills successor.  Bill is going to teach him everything he needs to know, including all the GM stuff.  
So JM gets all this and gets a good roster in a year or 2... or he could go to Indy and take over a shit roster with a rookie GM to answer to and trust to build a roster.  Also a broken QB.

Oh come on...in direct violation of the Rooney Rule?  Surely the PATS wouldn't "cheat" at anything. wink   Glad his ass is staying in NE, he will have that team fucked up for years to come.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
This is what I heard on the NFL network... JM was in his office and was cleaning it out.  He was prepared to say his goodbyes when Kraft, his son and Bill came to talk with him.  They pointed out that his 4 kids would be able to stay and not be uprooted.  They gave him more money [size=37]and a promise to be Bills successor.[/size]  Bill is going to teach him everything he needs to know, including all the GM stuff.  

Oh come on...in direct violation of the Rooney Rule?  Surely the PATS wouldn't "cheat" at anything. wink   Glad his ass is staying in NE, he will have that team fucked up for years to come.  laughing

Direct Violation? Not at all. An assistant coach can have it written directly into a contract to be the next head coach. It's right in the rule. I can't wait for people to accuse New England of cheating!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:09 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Direct Violation?  Not at all.  An assistant coach can have it written directly into a contract to be the next head coach.  It's right in the rule.  I can't wait for people to accuse New England of cheating!

True that...it's just so fun/easy to screw with PATS fans.  poking  Evil laugh

C-H-E-A-T-E-R-S !

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Direct Violation?  Not at all.  An assistant coach can have it written directly into a contract to be the next head coach.  It's right in the rule.  I can't wait for people to accuse New England of cheating!

True that...it's just so fun/easy to screw with PATS fans.  poking  Evil laugh

C-H-E-A-T-E-R-S !

Pats fans are emotional and sensitive. It is that way when you are self conscience about backing a cheater.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 am

I just thought it was odd coming from a Raiders fan after they had just been investigated for it. Next we will hear some crazy Baltimore fan calling the Pats out.

I think the problem is that Pats fans are just a level above in knowledge. It trickles down from the coach. shrug

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Not to be that guy but you guys act like no one has ever had second thoughts about a job.  I have no idea what went on behind the scenes and we can speculate all day about Kraft or Luck.  However, employment is at-will.  The team could have fired him just as fast as he could leave.  At some point we have to stop just throwing stones at people because they do something that we don't expect.  It's a business.  It's interesting that his agent fires him the same day the agent for MLB player Yasiel Puig fires him, but no one talks about that on anything I watch.

It is business and he certainly has the right to drop out at the last minute. I would say it violates the "don't be a dick" rule.... but that's just me. I certainly hope that karma gets him for it. I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but I always viewed those in the coaching profession as a type of brotherhood/fraternity if you will.. I'm more surprised that McDaniels screwed over fellow coaches; not that he backed out.

I understand that Belicheck did it to the Jets as well, but IMO that situation is quite a bit different in that from the time he signed on to be Parcells' successor to when he would take over, ownership fundamentally changed with the passing of Ol' Whats his face...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 am

I didn't agree with it personally, but understood and didn't think it was a HUGE deal until I heard they already hired some of his assistants - that is the part where I think it was a HUGE dick move

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:35 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Not to be that guy but you guys act like no one has ever had second thoughts about a job.  I have no idea what went on behind the scenes and we can speculate all day about Kraft or Luck.  However, employment is at-will.  The team could have fired him just as fast as he could leave.  At some point we have to stop just throwing stones at people because they do something that we don't expect.  It's a business.  It's interesting that his agent fires him the same day the agent for MLB player Yasiel Puig fires him, but no one talks about that on anything I watch.

It is business and he certainly has the right to drop out at the last minute.  I would say it violates the "don't be a dick" rule.... but that's just me.   I certainly hope that karma gets him for it.   I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but I always viewed those in the coaching profession as a type of brotherhood/fraternity if you will.. I'm more surprised that McDaniels screwed over fellow coaches; not that he backed out.

I understand that Belicheck did it to the Jets as well, but IMO that situation is quite a bit different in that from the time he signed on to be Parcells' successor to when he would take over, ownership fundamentally changed with the passing of Ol' Whats his face...
Well the Patriots have coaching positions open still. For all we know, Josh could have called them to say hey change of plans, were gonna hire you guys in NE.... then Ballard said, no they have contracts and hes not letting them go.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:56 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

It is business and he certainly has the right to drop out at the last minute.  I would say it violates the "don't be a dick" rule.... but that's just me.   I certainly hope that karma gets him for it.   I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but I always viewed those in the coaching profession as a type of brotherhood/fraternity if you will.. I'm more surprised that McDaniels screwed over fellow coaches; not that he backed out.

Well the Patriots have coaching positions open still. For all we know, Josh could have called them to say hey change of plans, were gonna hire you guys in NE.... then Ballard said, no they have contracts and hes not letting them go.

Lol. Riiiiiiight.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 am

If I remember right didn't Marino do something similar to the dolphins in the early 2000's?. I think it was in the upper management side and not coaching but it has happened before. I'm not defending Daniels, but I can understand why he changed his mind. The fact that was the Colts just makes it a little less bitter.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I didn't agree with it personally, but understood and didn't think it was a HUGE deal until I heard they already hired some of his assistants - that is the part where I think it was a HUGE dick move

Unfortunate all around...seems like both sides should have figured a lot of this out before it got to this point, but I have to agree...too many assistants got yanked around. rant

Last edited by Coachella Tremors on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell)
Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Indy gave contracts to a bunch of McDaniels' assistants already.

Maybe one of them will be unfortunate enough to get the head coaching job. Or do you think they all bail on Indy as well.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm

I think McDaniels is lucky to have another shot at a Head Coaching job after what happened in Denver. I doubt he will get another chance anywhere not in New England after this stunt.

As a Jets fan, I would be delighted if McDaniels was Belichick's successor. His entire coaching tree is garbage.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
I think McDaniels is lucky to have another shot at a Head Coaching job after what happened in Denver. I doubt he will get another chance anywhere not in New England after this stunt.

As a Jets fan, I would be delighted if McDaniels was Belichick's successor. His entire coaching tree is garbage.

If Josh is able to continue his winning ways as an OC in New England, he will certainly be given another chance to be a head coach even if it's not with the Patriots. There will certainly be more scrutiny if another team is interested in Josh, but if a team wants to win and they believe he can help, he will be hired elsewhere. Who knows, maybe even with the 2017 5-11 Jets.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Manhattan Beach Militia wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

If Josh is able to continue his winning ways as an OC in New England, he will certainly be given another chance to be a head coach even if it's not with the Patriots.  There will certainly be more scrutiny if another team is interested in Josh, but if a team wants to win and they believe he can help, he will be hired elsewhere.  Who knows, maybe even with the 2017 5-11 Jets.

AR15 firing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I think the problem is that Pats fans are just a level above in knowledge.  It trickles down from the coach. shrug

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! OMFG.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Talk about pulling the rug out from under someone!!!  Kinda feel bad for the Colts...

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Talk about pulling the rug out from under someone!!!  Kinda feel bad for the Colts...

laughing laughing laughing laughing

You mean kind of like when the Irsay's moved the team to Indianapolis overnight?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh McDaniels Coach NEP   

Back to top Go down

Josh McDaniels Coach NEP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: