Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Malcolm Butler CB NE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 am

Looks like he was benched because of "weed and women." Not the first guy to fall victim to that trap.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/02/06/patriots-benched-one-time-super-bowl-hero-malcolm-butler-over-perfect-storm-issues-report.html

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am

Fortunately Eric Rowe on Alshon was awesome idea for the Pats laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Y'all live for bitches and blounts, I live for weed and money.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Dang I was hoping it wasn't weed, because I really wanted GB to bring him in.......  Oh well, we can scratch him off our FA list

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:22 pm

It amazes me that as many times it has happened that they still mess with it. Your pro career is short but life afterwards is long just wait till you retire to start lighting up.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:52 pm

He has denied all of it.... we need to check, Did ESPN make up the inital report?

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 am

I had a guy in court the other day who was swearing up and down he was innocent when I was talking to him in lockup, said he wanted a trial that day because no way was he pleading to something he didn't do. Walked into the courtroom and the state's attorney said, oh by the way there was a security cam across the street, I have the video to show your attorney. Needless to say the guy decided against his trial that day. Not saying Butler is guilty, but I would tend to believe that ESPN had a decent source before running with this story over Butler's denials. I'll happily eat crow however if I turn out to be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
I had a guy in court the other day who was swearing up and down he was innocent when I was talking to him in lockup, said he wanted a trial that day because no way was he pleading to something he didn't do.  Walked into the courtroom and the state's attorney said, oh by the way there was a security cam across the street, I have the video to show your attorney.  Needless to say the guy decided against his trial that day.  Not saying Butler is guilty, but I would tend to believe that ESPN had a decent source before running with this story over Butler's denials.  I'll happily eat crow however if I turn out to be wrong.  
Both Bill and Butler say it was something else but espn says its this so believe them... espn who always reports the truth right

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 am

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
I had a guy in court the other day who was swearing up and down he was innocent when I was talking to him in lockup, said he wanted a trial that day because no way was he pleading to something he didn't do.  Walked into the courtroom and the state's attorney said, oh by the way there was a security cam across the street, I have the video to show your attorney.  Needless to say the guy decided against his trial that day.  Not saying Butler is guilty, but I would tend to believe that ESPN had a decent source before running with this story over Butler's denials.  I'll happily eat crow however if I turn out to be wrong.  
Both Bill and Butler say it was something else but espn says its this so believe them... espn who always reports the truth right

Feisty this morning, aren't we? laughing

Let's back up a second, shall we. First, I am inherently skeptical of people denying wrongdoing. Call it a product of what I do. More often than not the skepticism is warranted and accurate in my field, but I even said I would happily eat crow if I turned out to be wrong, so I am admitting I might be wrong.

Secondly, it was a former teammate who reported that the suspension was due "weed and women", not ESPN (my mistake in the initial post). Ian Rapoport of NFL Network tweeted it was a combination of bad practice, an illness, performance, and a minor rule violation believed to be curfew. BB himself said “I appreciate the question, but it would be a much longer discussion. There are a lot of things that go into that. In the end, the final decision is what I said it was.” Now BB is notoriously tight lipped, so perhaps the "much longer discussion" is not what other people would call a long discussion, but am I way out of line to think that there is something other than just performance in play when the coach is the one saying it is complicated?

Finally, are we really going to hold up the Patriots organization as the pillar of honesty? They may have just gotten caught more than other organizations because of their success, but to say I should believe them just because they aren't ESPN isn't exactly a great defense.

Look, I am not a Pats hater. I was rooting for them in the SB and couldn't care less what the reason was that Butler was benched. Hell, the benching may actually mean the Giants (a team I actually care about) can sign him at a reduced rate and he could be helpful to them. I don't think my take is out of line though.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Finally, are we really going to hold up the Patriots organization as the pillar of honesty?  They may have just gotten caught more than other organizations because of their success, but to say I should believe them just because they aren't ESPN isn't exactly a great defense.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Bill is right...denying wrongdoing is what people do now until the evidence is overwhelming. Heck even when there are pics and audiotapes, folks are still claiming innocence. The damage was done, the penalty served...I think they just want the topic to be done so Pats and Butler can move forward.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Butler CB NE   

Back to top Go down

Malcolm Butler CB NE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: