HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password

Share | 
 

 Super Bowl thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Toontown Wolverines
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
For fuck sakes drink all those Brady tears up, that hit on Cooks was perfectly legal. That was a hell of a game, calls got missed on both sides don’t ruin it by one sided after the fact back seat couch potatoe officiating..

FWIW, where I stand on the calls:
1. That Ertz TD was a damn TD
2. Clement looked to be bobbling the ball initially and not getting the feet in, but hard to overturn the TD called on the field
3. The no call on Rowe pass interference with Alshon on Phillys 1st drive in the end zone on 3rd and goal gets no love from the Pats fans crying foul on officiating

You think the Hit on Cooks was legal because your looking at it as if Cooks was a receiver in a vulnerable position which he was not, so then you think its a legal hit.  Accept for this fact, at no time is a player allowed to use the crown of their helmet in a spear like way to hit another player in the head, which is exactly what Jenkins did.  No the rule book..... I said the Erts td should be a td, but Bryants should have been too.... Clements not hard to overturn as they can clearly see he did not maintain control throughout the catch.
I expected nothing less from the NFL... they took a huge backlash from all the weird calls that seemed to go the Patriots way.  People were making memes all over saying the Refs were part of the patriots and shit like that.  The Patriots were hated on because the weird catch rule and the way its been called.  Had 1 of those calls went the Patriots way or the way the rule book states, Philadelphia would be a warzone right now.  The NFL lost a lot of fans with the anthem protests, and probably stood to lose more if any call went the Pats way and helped them win.  Nobody wants to see the Patriots keep winning accept Patriot fans.

Do the tears freeze faster in the Canadian cold? Crying or Very sad
Tears? What are these "tears", you speak off? Canadians don't know what that is.

And obviously they don't know when they just got flat out beat by the better team.
If the clement call gets called no catch, if eagles get called for illegal formation and the Patriots win. Are people today saying the best team flatout won or are they saying the refs helped the Patriots win?


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:


The Eagles trick play for the Foles td was illegal formation as Jeffery didn't line up on the line of scrimmage, so they only had 6 guys when you need 7.  Does that make you mad?

That’s the “missed call” you come up with? An illegal formation on a player that had no bearing on the play?

How about the two handed shove by Van Noy on Clement on the 2 point conversion at the end of the game as the ball was in the air?

Or Gilmore hooking Jeffery’s arm in the end zone the drive earlier?


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7306

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm



Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Ok.  I'm not bitter.  I've had some coffee and some food and I feel like I can tell it like it is now.

The Patriots defense finally let them down.  It was awful all year and having Butler in there would not have made any difference.  The difference was actually not starting the game with Gilmore on Alshon.  Third down defense was horrendous and it was the linebackers getting beat more times than not.

I really do think that there is something to the Clement catch not being overturned that the refs just went with the call on the field as to not upset the masses.  The Ertz catch was clearly a TD.  He definitely became a runner.

Did anyone else notice anytime there was a flag how Gene was smiling? That was odd to me, but I have no accusation about it.

Is it possible that Nick Foles is a complete system quarterback and teams know it?  You could have blacked out if you drank every time Colllinsworth said RPO last night.

As for Brandin Cooks - the loss was huge.  Whether he gets the ball or not, Phillip Dorsett is not the same threat he is.  Having a speed/deep threat is huge as you are able to keep a safety honest.  If you think a WR is only as good as the catches and yards he gets, then you are watching football incorrectly.  

In the end the only defense that showed up was Philly in the final 2 minutes and that's what mattered.  I kept saying that as bad as NE played they were never out of it. They were leading in the 4th quarter after having played 3 quarters of awful football.   The first four possessions were all in Philly territory and they walked away with 6 points.  Bradys drop was huge and he knew it.  

It was a solid win for the Eagles.  No one can take anything away from them.  


1.) only saw that on Gronks false start - the only NE penalty of the game. I assumed it was bc Gronk was pass protecting and he looked funny doing that when no one else moved. My daughters laughed at it too.

2.) Brady and the offense put up 600+ yards and you’re gonna talk about how bad NE played? Really?!? May want to rethink that statement - the D got torched, true, but to say NE played bad feels like taking something away from the other team.


Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:23 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Toontown Wolverines wrote:


The Eagles trick play for the Foles td was illegal formation as Jeffery didn't line up on the line of scrimmage, so they only had 6 guys when you need 7.  Does that make you mad?

That’s the “missed call” you come up with? An illegal formation on a player that had no bearing on the play?

How about the two handed shove by Van Noy on Clement on the 2 point conversion at the end of the game as the ball was in the air?

Or Gilmore hooking Jeffery’s arm in the end zone the drive earlier?
And if the Patriots won, you would be saying the Eagles got cheated by the refs for those calls... i don't even think the Patriots lost because of the refs. I think they lost because of Bills alzhiemers made him forget how to coach.


Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:28 pm

As much as I was hoping for a Pats victory, Philly just won that game...period. The Eagles gameplan was aggressive, Pats D just had no answers, Foles was flawless and Brady set every record in the book last night. The Eagles won the game..seems to me the Pats and refs did not lose it


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1957

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Ok.  I'm not bitter.  I've had some coffee and some food and I feel like I can tell it like it is now.

The Patriots defense finally let them down.  It was awful all year and having Butler in there would not have made any difference.  The difference was actually not starting the game with Gilmore on Alshon.  Third down defense was horrendous and it was the linebackers getting beat more times than not.

I really do think that there is something to the Clement catch not being overturned that the refs just went with the call on the field as to not upset the masses.  The Ertz catch was clearly a TD.  He definitely became a runner.

Did anyone else notice anytime there was a flag how Gene was smiling? That was odd to me, but I have no accusation about it.

Is it possible that Nick Foles is a complete system quarterback and teams know it?  You could have blacked out if you drank every time Colllinsworth said RPO last night.

As for Brandin Cooks - the loss was huge.  Whether he gets the ball or not, Phillip Dorsett is not the same threat he is.  Having a speed/deep threat is huge as you are able to keep a safety honest.  If you think a WR is only as good as the catches and yards he gets, then you are watching football incorrectly.  

In the end the only defense that showed up was Philly in the final 2 minutes and that's what mattered.  I kept saying that as bad as NE played they were never out of it. They were leading in the 4th quarter after having played 3 quarters of awful football.   The first four possessions were all in Philly territory and they walked away with 6 points.  Bradys drop was huge and he knew it.  

It was a solid win for the Eagles.  No one can take anything away from them.  


1.) only saw that on Gronks false start - the only NE penalty of the game. I assumed it was bc Gronk was pass protecting and he looked funny doing that when no one else moved. My daughters laughed at it too.

2.) Brady and the offense put up 600+ yards and you’re gonna talk about how bad NE played?  Really?!?  May want to rethink that statement - the D got torched, true, but to say NE played bad feels like taking something away from the other team.

The team played very poorly. First half execution on both sides of the ball was awful. A lot of mental mistakes. I stand by it. I have watched a ton of Patriots games in my day. You can tell when things are off when you follow a team more than just watching them a couple times a year.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Toontown Wolverines wrote:


The Eagles trick play for the Foles td was illegal formation as Jeffery didn't line up on the line of scrimmage, so they only had 6 guys when you need 7.  Does that make you mad?

That’s the “missed call” you come up with? An illegal formation on a player that had no bearing on the play?

How about the two handed shove by Van Noy on Clement on the 2 point conversion at the end of the game as the ball was in the air?

Or Gilmore hooking Jeffery’s arm in the end zone the drive earlier?
And if the Patriots won, you would be saying the Eagles got cheated by the refs for those calls... i don't even think the Patriots lost because of the refs. I think they lost because of Bills alzhiemers made him forget how to coach.

In the AFC Championship game and Super Bowl, the Patriots had 2 total penalties For 15 yards. And none in the Defensive backfield. The 1 penalty for 5 yards in the Super Bowl is the lowest penalty yardage in postseason in 10 years.

Meanwhile, their opponents had 11 called against them for over 100 yds.

I’m not arguing the refs impacted the game negatively either way, but for a Patriots fan to try to argue about missed calls is preposterous.




Last edited by North Wales Knights on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9079

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Coachella Tremors wrote:
As much as I was hoping for a Pats victory, Philly just won that game...period.  The Eagles gameplan was aggressive, Pats D just had no answers, Foles was flawless and Brady set every record in the book last night.  The Eagles won the game..seems to me the Pats and refs did not lose it

Well said.

pay attention


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm

I wanted the Pats to win. They didn't. The Eagles and their fans should be happy. I'm not annoyed but maybe it's because I didn't see any of their fans doing shitty things. Did Philadelphia burn to the ground last night?

For Joe and any other non-douchtard Eagles fans I know...congrats!

I really have no reason to give a shit who won that game.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Ok.  I'm not bitter.  I've had some coffee and some food and I feel like I can tell it like it is now.

The Patriots defense finally let them down.  It was awful all year and having Butler in there would not have made any difference.  The difference was actually not starting the game with Gilmore on Alshon.  Third down defense was horrendous and it was the linebackers getting beat more times than not.

I really do think that there is something to the Clement catch not being overturned that the refs just went with the call on the field as to not upset the masses.  The Ertz catch was clearly a TD.  He definitely became a runner.

Did anyone else notice anytime there was a flag how Gene was smiling? That was odd to me, but I have no accusation about it.

Is it possible that Nick Foles is a complete system quarterback and teams know it?  You could have blacked out if you drank every time Colllinsworth said RPO last night.

As for Brandin Cooks - the loss was huge.  Whether he gets the ball or not, Phillip Dorsett is not the same threat he is.  Having a speed/deep threat is huge as you are able to keep a safety honest.  If you think a WR is only as good as the catches and yards he gets, then you are watching football incorrectly.  

In the end the only defense that showed up was Philly in the final 2 minutes and that's what mattered.  I kept saying that as bad as NE played they were never out of it. They were leading in the 4th quarter after having played 3 quarters of awful football.   The first four possessions were all in Philly territory and they walked away with 6 points.  Bradys drop was huge and he knew it.  

It was a solid win for the Eagles.  No one can take anything away from them.  


1.) only saw that on Gronks false start - the only NE penalty of the game. I assumed it was bc Gronk was pass protecting and he looked funny doing that when no one else moved. My daughters laughed at it too.

2.) Brady and the offense put up 600+ yards and you’re gonna talk about how bad NE played?  Really?!?  May want to rethink that statement - the D got torched, true, but to say NE played bad feels like taking something away from the other team.

The team played very poorly.  First half execution on both sides of the ball was awful.  A lot of mental mistakes.  I stand by it.  I have watched a ton of Patriots games in my day.  You can tell when things are off when you follow a team more than just watching them a couple times a year.

Wow. OK. Here everyone is praising the game that the Eagles played and coached. And really we were just so lucky to have the Patriots play such a bad game that we were able to beat them.

Even when we win we get no respect... WOW shrug


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I wanted the Pats to win.  They didn't.  The Eagles and their fans should be happy.  I'm not annoyed but maybe it's because I didn't see any of their fans doing shitty things.  Did Philadelphia burn to the ground last night?

For Joe and any other non-douchtard Eagles fans I know...congrats!

I really have no reason to give a shit who won that game.

Thanks Boss. City still here. Some minor property damage and 3 arrests, but nothing remarkably different than other cities celebrating, especially those ending long droughts (Chicago after the 1st Bulls title or Boston after the Red Sox finally won)


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3199

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:15 pm

While I 100% think both the Clement catch and the Etz catch were both TDs and should have remained TDs... The league has overturned those exact plays multiple times this year and in years past.  Calvin Johnson... Dez Bryant... Jesse James... Zach Miller... They should all have been TDs called and upheld.  But you have to be consistent... They love to stand behind the dumbass process rule when they botch a call and say no TD, but suddenly in the Superbowl, you're going to go with the call on the field?  Stupid.

As for the refs missing calls, it was nice to see them just let the players play for a change... But don't get me wrong, they missed so massive calls besides the two TD reviews.

1) I agree, the Rowe/Jeffrey play in the 1st could have been called, but Rowe was clearly going for the ball when he hit Jeffrey's arm...



2) The Cooks injury play should have been called because runner or not, you can't drive the crown of your helmet into the face mask of a player.  You clearly see it at about the 30 second mark...



3) The Nick Foles TD Catch play was gutsy as hell, but it was also clearly illegal formation.  Jeffrey was clearly 2 yards off the line of scrimmage meaning the Eagles only had 6 guys on the line.  I think the refs were caught off-guard too by the crazy play.



4) On the final play of the game, the hail mary throw... You absolutely can not knock a receiver off his route 30 yards down the field.  The defender damn near tackled Hogan at the 30yd line, clearly seen during the replay at about 38 seconds.



Now, I know refs don't really look for PI on hail mary plays too often, but come on... These couple plays are MASSIVE plays in the game that could have had huge impacts to the final outcome.

Saying all that, it was a very entertaining game and it was fun to watch, minus the outcome.  As much off-season questions as the Pats will face with Brady, Gronk, Belichick, coordinators, etc... I think Philly is in for a big one of their own.  What do you do with the Superbowl MVP, Foles?  Obviously, the Eagles are Wentz's team when he returns... But imagine if Wentz struggles when he returns?  Imagine that first red zone INT that costs them a division game... Does the die hard Philly Nation start "We Want Foles" rumbles???  Hard to think that wouldn't pick up steam, especially if Wentz comes back rusty.  So the answer is move him right?  You sell high and get what you can for Foles, right?  Makes sense... But when if Wentz isn't ready for Week 1... They will need Foles.  So I'm guessing hang on to Foles until Wentz makes his return, but then move him to prevent a QB controversy?  I know it's insane to think Foles could push Wentz for control of the team... But what if is all I'm saying... You never know... Should be fun to watch what happens.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:21 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I wanted the Pats to win.  They didn't.  The Eagles and their fans should be happy.  I'm not annoyed but maybe it's because I didn't see any of their fans doing shitty things.  Did Philadelphia burn to the ground last night?

For Joe and any other non-douchtard Eagles fans I know...congrats!

I really have no reason to give a shit who won that game.

Thanks Boss. City still here. Some minor property damage and 3 arrests, but nothing remarkably different than other cities celebrating, especially those ending long droughts (Chicago after the 1st Bulls title or Boston after the Red Sox finally won)

I've seen videos of the so called "celebrating". Should have been a lot more arrests. I'd be fucking furious if someone flipped my car.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I wanted the Pats to win.  They didn't.  The Eagles and their fans should be happy.  I'm not annoyed but maybe it's because I didn't see any of their fans doing shitty things.  Did Philadelphia burn to the ground last night?

For Joe and any other non-douchtard Eagles fans I know...congrats!

I really have no reason to give a shit who won that game.

Thanks Boss. City still here. Some minor property damage and 3 arrests, but nothing remarkably different than other cities celebrating, especially those ending long droughts (Chicago after the 1st Bulls title or Boston after the Red Sox finally won)

I've seen videos of the so called "celebrating".  Should have been a lot more arrests.  I'd be fucking furious if someone flipped my car.

Yep some asses flipped cars... not appropriate but also not unusual or limited to Philadelphia. Google will show you that relatively easily.

Of course, these are labeled as riots in Philadelphia by most of the reports.  rolleyes




Last edited by North Wales Knights on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm

To catergorize last night’s activities as riots is ridiculous. Before playing the “Philly fan” card, read this and then decide if the activities of last night that I’m sure filled your twitter timelines constitute rioting.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/here-are-five-american-cities-which-rioted-after-sporting-success-and-defeat-7289493/amp/



Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Considering what I have thought of Philly fans, anything short of the entire city in flames sounds reasonable for those animals. lol 2


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Considering what I have thought of Philly fans, anything short of the entire city in flames sounds reasonable for those animals.  lol 2

Neutral


Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
While I 100% think both the Clement catch and the Etz catch were both TDs and should have remained TDs... The league has overturned those exact plays multiple times this year and in years past.  Calvin Johnson... Dez Bryant... Jesse James... Zach Miller... They should all have been TDs called and upheld.  But you have to be consistent... They love to stand behind the dumbass process rule when they botch a call and say no TD, but suddenly in the Superbowl, you're going to go with the call on the field?  Stupid.

As for the refs missing calls, it was nice to see them just let the players play for a change... But don't get me wrong, they missed so massive calls besides the two TD reviews.

1) I agree, the Rowe/Jeffrey play in the 1st could have been called, but Rowe was clearly going for the ball when he hit Jeffrey's arm...



2) The Cooks injury play should have been called because runner or not, you can't drive the crown of your helmet into the face mask of a player.  You clearly see it at about the 30 second mark...



3) The Nick Foles TD Catch play was gutsy as hell, but it was also clearly illegal formation.  Jeffrey was clearly 2 yards off the line of scrimmage meaning the Eagles only had 6 guys on the line.  I think the refs were caught off-guard too by the crazy play.



4) On the final play of the game, the hail mary throw... You absolutely can not knock a receiver off his route 30 yards down the field.  The defender damn near tackled Hogan at the 30yd line, clearly seen during the replay at about 38 seconds.



Now, I know refs don't really look for PI on hail mary plays too often, but come on... These couple plays are MASSIVE plays in the game that could have had huge impacts to the final outcome.

Saying all that, it was a very entertaining game and it was fun to watch, minus the outcome.  As much off-season questions as the Pats will face with Brady, Gronk, Belichick, coordinators, etc... I think Philly is in for a big one of their own.  What do you do with the Superbowl MVP, Foles?  Obviously, the Eagles are Wentz's team when he returns... But imagine if Wentz struggles when he returns?  Imagine that first red zone INT that costs them a division game... Does the die hard Philly Nation start "We Want Foles" rumbles???  Hard to think that wouldn't pick up steam, especially if Wentz comes back rusty.  So the answer is move him right?  You sell high and get what you can for Foles, right?  Makes sense... But when if Wentz isn't ready for Week 1... They will need Foles.  So I'm guessing hang on to Foles until Wentz makes his return, but then move him to prevent a QB controversy?  I know it's insane to think Foles could push Wentz for control of the team... But what if is all I'm saying... You never know... Should be fun to watch what happens.
Thanks for the videos proving all the points I was trying to make.
I wondered what Foles could get in trade? Does he get what the Pats got for Garrappalo or should it be more? I say more.


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Great post with the videos Rob.

I also remember a 3rd down play in the first half, where Malcolm Jenkins hit Gronk before the ball got too him and it wasn't called PI.

There were also a few plays though where I saw Solder with a jersey pull (once on Curry, once on Barnett I think), as well as Shaq Mason with a clear hands to the face on Fletcher Cox.
Also still not sure if that Gostowski clothesline was legal.

Anyway, theres going to be missed calls on both sides of every game. But overall though I feel like it was officiated pretty fairly, and the defenses deserve much of the blame on both sides for not executing.


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Thanks for the videos proving all the points I was trying to make.
I wondered what Foles could get in trade? Does he get what the Pats got for Garrappalo or should it be more? I say more.

That's the problem, I don't think they're going to get anything near that. I'm thinking a probably a late 3rd for Foles is what other teams will offer. I can definitely see Roseman trading for a veteran linebacker or something. Probably the best decision though is to just keep him in case Wentz isn't ready, and have him ready to go in case anything happens to Wentz again during the season.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Considering what I have thought of Philly fans, anything short of the entire city in flames sounds reasonable for those animals.  lol 2

Neutral

ROFL

To be fair, if you knew the Philly fans I've encountered you'd understand.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5459

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 pm

You can knock Hogan on his ass IF the QB is outside the pocket... It happened a few years ago when Richard Sherman essentially knocked a dude down while the QB was scrambling and the league said it was fine. On that play, Brady was forced out of the pocket.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sherman+qb+outside+of+pocket+knock+down+receiver&oq=sherman+qb+outside+of+pocket+knock+down+receiver&aqs=chrome..69i57.9591j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8


Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Considering what I have thought of Philly fans, anything short of the entire city in flames sounds reasonable for those animals.  lol 2

And I thought I had seen it all...not even sure we can call them animals anymore because I don't know WTF this is



Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:30 pm

rolleyes “Them”... Pretty sure it was just him. There is no them in that clip.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8528

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:44 pm

sick sick sick


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Toontown Wolverines wrote:


The Eagles trick play for the Foles td was illegal formation as Jeffery didn't line up on the line of scrimmage, so they only had 6 guys when you need 7.  Does that make you mad?

That’s the “missed call” you come up with? An illegal formation on a player that had no bearing on the play?

How about the two handed shove by Van Noy on Clement on the 2 point conversion at the end of the game as the ball was in the air?

Or Gilmore hooking Jeffery’s arm in the end zone the drive earlier?

The only real call that was missed was the PI on the hail mary. Again, I am not a Pats fan but the Eagles straight tackled the wr running down the field and the refs missed that. Being said, no team lost the game, the Eagles just made one more play than the Pats.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Considering what I have thought of Philly fans, anything short of the entire city in flames sounds reasonable for those animals.  lol 2

And I thought I had seen it all...not even sure we can call them animals anymore because I don't know WTF this is


surprised2
I'll defend Eagles fans on this one...THAT is the not-so-rare American Dumbass who just so happens to be wearing an Eagles jersey. With a natural diet of Doritos, Red Bull and alcohol the American Dumbass' numbers have grown exponentially in recent years to the level of invasive species. The real issue is that it's illegal to kill them in the continental United States.


Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Looks like somebody lost a bet...Congressman Michael Capuano of Massachusetts enters the house financial services hearing in an EAGLES helmet   lol3
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11855

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Man, eating crap........... Man.


Back to top Go down
Online
Toontown Wolverines
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

To be fair, he would have eaten the horse shit during the riot if they had lost


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5791

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
While I 100% think both the Clement catch and the Etz catch were both TDs and should have remained TDs... The league has overturned those exact plays multiple times this year and in years past.  Calvin Johnson... Dez Bryant... Jesse James... Zach Miller... They should all have been TDs called and upheld.  But you have to be consistent... They love to stand behind the dumbass process rule when they botch a call and say no TD, but suddenly in the Superbowl, you're going to go with the call on the field?  Stupid.

As for the refs missing calls, it was nice to see them just let the players play for a change... But don't get me wrong, they missed so massive calls besides the two TD reviews.

1) I agree, the Rowe/Jeffrey play in the 1st could have been called, but Rowe was clearly going for the ball when he hit Jeffrey's arm...



2) The Cooks injury play should have been called because runner or not, you can't drive the crown of your helmet into the face mask of a player.  You clearly see it at about the 30 second mark...



3) The Nick Foles TD Catch play was gutsy as hell, but it was also clearly illegal formation.  Jeffrey was clearly 2 yards off the line of scrimmage meaning the Eagles only had 6 guys on the line.  I think the refs were caught off-guard too by the crazy play.



4) On the final play of the game, the hail mary throw... You absolutely can not knock a receiver off his route 30 yards down the field.  The defender damn near tackled Hogan at the 30yd line, clearly seen during the replay at about 38 seconds.



Now, I know refs don't really look for PI on hail mary plays too often, but come on... These couple plays are MASSIVE plays in the game that could have had huge impacts to the final outcome.

Saying all that, it was a very entertaining game and it was fun to watch, minus the outcome.  As much off-season questions as the Pats will face with Brady, Gronk, Belichick, coordinators, etc... I think Philly is in for a big one of their own.  What do you do with the Superbowl MVP, Foles?  Obviously, the Eagles are Wentz's team when he returns... But imagine if Wentz struggles when he returns?  Imagine that first red zone INT that costs them a division game... Does the die hard Philly Nation start "We Want Foles" rumbles???  Hard to think that wouldn't pick up steam, especially if Wentz comes back rusty.  So the answer is move him right?  You sell high and get what you can for Foles, right?  Makes sense... But when if Wentz isn't ready for Week 1... They will need Foles.  So I'm guessing hang on to Foles until Wentz makes his return, but then move him to prevent a QB controversy?  I know it's insane to think Foles could push Wentz for control of the team... But what if is all I'm saying... You never know... Should be fun to watch what happens.

Care to also take a crack at highlighting all of the missed calls going the other way, because I am sure there were no less than 3 MAJOR ones.... or is this just a hack job of a outcome you didn't like????


Back to top Go down
Online
Tenafly Vipers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 930

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Wasn't sure where else to put this. I tepidly like the Eagles now.



Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:48 pm

I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Kelce had by far the best speech of the day. There were so many people at just the art museum alone, not counting those at the stadium for the start of the parade and all along broad street. I was standing where the yellow dot is in the picture, got there around 6am and stayed in that spot until 3 pm. Crazy long day but it was incredible to be a part of.




Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3886

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:04 pm

That's awesome Matt!   clap


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Very cool! Long fucking day...sheesh!


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Good for you Matt. Our school still had classes, but only about 35-40% of our kids showed up. Ended up watching most of it in my office since it was a pretty slow day.


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Good for you Matt. Our school still had classes, but only about 35-40% of our kids showed up. Ended up watching most of it in my office since it was a pretty slow day.

I was one of those kids who showed up to school even when the Phillies world series parade was happening. Our teacher still let us watch on TV. Luckily our college cancelled class for the day, not like I would have gone anyway.


Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:20 pm

What a blast...gotta take the opportunity when you can as Championships are pretty special and rare. party4


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7306

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:27 pm

We walked over and watched them pass on Broad street. Was cool to see Philly turn out like that


Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm

I watched some of the parade on the old tube, kept wondering if the horse shit eating guy was that guy, or that guy... maybe it was him


Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
I watched some of the parade on the old tube, kept wondering if the horse shit eating guy was that guy, or that guy... maybe it was him

Well, at least you aren't thinking about Eagles fans as assholes throwing snowballs at Santa anymore...now they are the shit-eating World Champs! laughing Congrats to Philly...what a great season.
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 930

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:20 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there

That was bad ass!




Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9079

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there

Excellent! laughing


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:07 am

England Dragons wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there

Excellent! laughing

lol 2


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2004

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:13 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there

Excellent! laughing

lol 2

Nice catch. The Giants could use a WR who could catch, I wonder if he would consider signing a contract?


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8528

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there
cheers


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was waiting for someone to throw beers to him Stone Cold Steve Austin style and him to just pour them all over himself.

Halfway there

The legend of Dougie P continues to grow!!

Balls of f’n steel and as cool as the other side of the pillow


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Super Bowl thread
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: