Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:14 pm

FINISH HIM!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 pm

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:28 pm

end it

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm

UnderDogs do it again!!!!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
UnderDogs do it again!!!!

Congrats Joe!  And congrats to any other Eagle fans here.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm

What a game! Great game all around, fun to watch. Congrats Eagles fans!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 pm

What a game for WI RB’s!!!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 pm

I hope Brady retires.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Brady is still the GOAT... Couldn't beat the Eagles and the refs... Two touchdowns that should have been overturned according to the dumbass catch rules as they stand.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:17 pm

Fun time to move back into the city. Just walked over to broad st

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:28 pm

If you didn't know who won and only looked at Brady's stats, you would think the Patriots won. Even with those stats, Brady was off here and there and made a few mistakes. I think this loss falls mostly on the defense.

Pederson was aggressive and believed in his players. Much credit for trusting Foles as much as he did.

Still a good game to watch. I just hate how it ended.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 am

Pats couldn’t overcome the refs... That’s funny. Don’t think I’ve ever saw that statement made!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 am

Manhattan Beach Militia wrote:
If you didn't know who won and only looked at Brady's stats, you would think the Patriots won.  Even with those stats, Brady was off here and there and made a few mistakes.  I think this loss falls mostly on the defense.  

Pederson was aggressive and believed in his players.  Much credit for trusting Foles as much as he did.

Still a good game to watch.  I just hate how it ended.

They say defense wins championships, funny 1 defense showed up with 2 minutes to go.
Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 am

Pats couldn’t overcome the refs... That’s funny. Don’t think I’ve ever saw that statement made!

Refs did not lose this game. Pats did not lose the game. Pats O did everything they needed to do, but Philly came and just flat out won it. Foles was great, play calling was great...they just won this game.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:13 am

Manhattan Beach Militia wrote:
If you didn't know who won and only looked at Brady's stats, you would think the Patriots won.  Even with those stats, Brady was off here and there and made a few mistakes.  I think this loss falls mostly on the defense.  

Pederson was aggressive and believed in his players.  Much credit for trusting Foles as much as he did.

Still a good game to watch.  I just hate how it ended.

And I will say this ... I hate the prevent defense. I am a strong believer that the Jags lot their game because we did not have faith in the QB and then switched to a zone soft defense. You can't do both. We live and we learn, it will be fun next year watching the AFC South tear each other apart. Go Philly for learning from our mistakes. Pederson should have been coach of the year.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:14 am

Thinking about to the Jags game, yes I can't let it go, the blown dead fumble recovery that could have helped the Jags win and the one touchdown that helped the Pats lose.

Funny how Karma corrects its mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:37 am

Coachella Tremors wrote:

Refs did not lose this game.  Pats did not lose the game.  Pats O did everything they needed to do, but Philly came and just flat out won it.  Foles was great, play calling was great...they just won this game.

pay attention

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 am

Coachella Tremors wrote:

Refs did not lose this game.  Pats did not lose the game.  Pats O did everything they needed to do, but Philly came and just flat out won it.  Foles was great, play calling was great...they just won this game.

agree

clap

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:40 am

Great game and great coaching by Pederson. Congrats Eagles fans!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:56 am

Was a hell of a game to watch. Congrats Matt and have fun I bet that is/was a hell of a time being in the city for that. I know just being there for the Draft last year there is an amazing environment done there and love for the game.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:03 am

Butler benching just before game will be a long running debate.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:11 am

Great game. I was pleasantly surprised that the eagles won and it was so entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:14 am

Agree with most on here. Great game that the Eagles won (Pats did what they do and the refs did what they do but at the end of the day Pederson has huge stones and his players stepped up and outplayed the Pats).

Will say I'm really hopeful they fix the catch rule because not knowing if it's a catch or not is annoying.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
Agree with most on here.  Great game that the Eagles won (Pats did what they do and the refs did what they do but at the end of the day Pederson has huge stones and his players stepped up and outplayed the Pats).  

Will say I'm really hopeful they fix the catch rule because not knowing if it's a catch or not is annoying.

I agree with this, but if and hopefully when they do, all the Patriots haters will come out of the wood work and say they only fixed it because it screwed the Pats, which will be extremely annoying, and I'm not even a Pats fan.

As much as I hate the Eagles, it seems that quite a few people I like are Eagles fans, so I guess I am happy for them.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Butler benching just before game will be a long running debate.

It shouldn't be. He was terrible all year.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

With a night to reflect, have to say to all the people who said this was going to be a horrible game... you were dead wrong. Of course I’m happy my team won, but apart from that, it was an offensive explosion and back and forth the whole time. Had to be one of the more exciting Super Bowls in recent memory. It was actually too exciting for me, glad I didn’t keel over during the game. Wasn’t sure my heart could take it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 am

They have got to fix that rule so it's a NO DOUBT thing every time. Tall task but necessary.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

They have got to fix that rule so it's a NO DOUBT thing every time.  Tall task but necessary.

agree

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 am

I like that game a lot!! Good watch from start to finish. Didn't really care who won, was just happy the game was so entertaining.

Congrats to the Eagles and their win

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:52 am

Great game to watch and the Eagles deserved it.
Catch rule of course needs to be re-written and the Clement play was certainly debatable.
I think people have just gotten into this mode of questioning every catch cos the Ertz play was the such an obvious case of catch then becoming a runner you could ever want to see

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Great game to watch and the Eagles deserved it.
Catch rule of course needs to be re-written and the Clement play was certainly debatable.
I think people have just gotten into this mode of questioning every catch cos the Ertz play was the such an obvious case of catch then becoming a runner you could ever want to see
I agree the Ertz td was good except for 1 thing, it wasn't good for Dez Bryant. Pretty similar plays, both get 3 steps, both lung for endzone and both lose control from the ground.  The Clement td was not a td, he loses control twice. He does not have control of the ball until he's out of bounds.  I believe the NFL just didn't want to make a call the Patriots way because of the past bullshit people whined about. 
Also Butler is are best corner, he played the most snaps throughout the season, hes 9th in passed defended since 2015. I believe the trading of Broiset and Garrappalo were a screw you to the Patriots and the sitting if Butler was another shot.  Patriots definately win if Butler plays, Rowe got beat on 2 tds and multiple 3rd downs to keep drives alive.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Anyone making predictions on the game... I say Patriots 45 and Eagles 10

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:

this prediction was made before I knew Cooks would be hit illegally and miss most of the game, I also made this before I knew that Butler would practice all week but just before game time be told he is sitting for the game.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:53 pm

The cops are celebrating in Philly.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 pm

this prediction was made before I knew  Cooks would be hit illegally and miss most of the game, I also made this before I knew that Butler would practice all week but just before game time be told he is sitting for the game.

To be fair, Cooks is an overrated player who didn't do dick plenty of times this season and his team does just as well when he's not out there backing up the first part.

I'm not taking sides, just can't miss an opportunity to call him what he is...and he got hurt because he was doing it wrong btw....just go downfield dipshit and know your surroundings.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 pm

For fuck sakes drink all those Brady tears up, that hit on Cooks was perfectly legal. That was a hell of a game, calls got missed on both sides don’t ruin it by one sided after the fact back seat couch potatoe officiating..

FWIW, where I stand on the calls:
1. That Ertz TD was a damn TD
2. Clement looked to be bobbling the ball initially and not getting the feet in, but hard to overturn the TD called on the field
3. The no call on Rowe pass interference with Alshon on Phillys 1st drive in the end zone on 3rd and goal gets no love from the Pats fans crying foul on officiating

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
3. The no call on Rowe pass interference with Alshon on Phillys 1st drive in the end zone on 3rd and goal gets no love from the Pats fans crying foul on officiating

That is my thought, and Patriot fans have absolutely NO ground to stand on when ever complaining about officiating.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

For fuck sakes drink all those Brady tears up, that hit on Cooks was perfectly legal. That was a hell of a game, calls got missed on both sides don’t ruin it by one sided after the fact back seat couch potatoe officiating..

2. Clement looked to be bobbling the ball initially and not getting the feet in, but hard to overturn the TD called on the field

You think the Hit on Cooks was legal because your looking at it as if Cooks was a receiver in a vulnerable position which he was not, so then you think its a legal hit. Accept for this fact, at no time is a player allowed to use the crown of their helmet in a spear like way to hit another player in the head, which is exactly what Jenkins did. No the rule book..... I said the Erts td should be a td, but Bryants should have been too.... Clements not hard to overturn as they can clearly see he did not maintain control throughout the catch.
I expected nothing less from the NFL... they took a huge backlash from all the weird calls that seemed to go the Patriots way. People were making memes all over saying the Refs were part of the patriots and shit like that. The Patriots were hated on because the weird catch rule and the way its been called. Had 1 of those calls went the Patriots way or the way the rule book states, Philadelphia would be a warzone right now. The NFL lost a lot of fans with the anthem protests, and probably stood to lose more if any call went the Pats way and helped them win. Nobody wants to see the Patriots keep winning accept Patriot fans.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That is my thought, and Patriot fans have absolutely NO ground to stand on when ever complaining about officiating.
Show me it, because if its the call I am thinking about Jeffery was doing more then Rowe and Rowe was looking for the ball

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Ref calls did not win or lose this game...solid play calling by Philly, Corey Clement running wide open by defenders and Foles throwing the ball on a rope all night did...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Coachella Tremors wrote:
Ref calls did not win or lose this game...solid play calling by Philly, Corey Clement running wide open by defenders  and Foles throwing the ball on a rope all night did...

I cannot believe how well Foles did. His expressions were ice cold, he showed no negative emotion, wasn't rattled, the game was not too big for him. Just lights out.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Coachella Tremors wrote:
Ref calls did not win or lose this game...solid play calling by Philly, Corey Clement running wide open by defenders  and Foles throwing the ball on a rope all night did...

I cannot believe how well Foles did. His expressions were ice cold, he showed no negative emotion, wasn't rattled, the game was not too big for him. Just lights out.
I think Foles is great, poor guy had his career derailed by dickhead Fisher, but hopefully a team comes calling not named Cleveland.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Coachella Tremors wrote:

I think Foles is great, poor guy had his career derailed by dickhead Fisher, but hopefully a team comes calling not named Cleveland.

Browns 2018 starter?

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Ok. I'm not bitter. I've had some coffee and some food and I feel like I can tell it like it is now.

The Patriots defense finally let them down. It was awful all year and having Butler in there would not have made any difference. The difference was actually not starting the game with Gilmore on Alshon. Third down defense was horrendous and it was the linebackers getting beat more times than not.

I really do think that there is something to the Clement catch not being overturned that the refs just went with the call on the field as to not upset the masses. The Ertz catch was clearly a TD. He definitely became a runner.

Did anyone else notice anytime there was a flag how Gene was smiling? That was odd to me, but I have no accusation about it.

Is it possible that Nick Foles is a complete system quarterback and teams know it? You could have blacked out if you drank every time Colllinsworth said RPO last night.

As for Brandin Cooks - the loss was huge. Whether he gets the ball or not, Phillip Dorsett is not the same threat he is. Having a speed/deep threat is huge as you are able to keep a safety honest. If you think a WR is only as good as the catches and yards he gets, then you are watching football incorrectly.

In the end the only defense that showed up was Philly in the final 2 minutes and that's what mattered. I kept saying that as bad as NE played they were never out of it. They were leading in the 4th quarter after having played 3 quarters of awful football. The first four possessions were all in Philly territory and they walked away with 6 points. Bradys drop was huge and he knew it.

It was a solid win for the Eagles. No one can take anything away from them.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:56 pm

You think the Hit on Cooks was legal because your looking at it as if Cooks was a receiver in a vulnerable position which he was not, so then you think its a legal hit.  Accept for this fact, at no time is a player allowed to use the crown of their helmet in a spear like way to hit another player in the head, which is exactly what Jenkins did.  No the rule book..... I said the Erts td should be a td, but Bryants should have been too.... Clements not hard to overturn as they can clearly see he did not maintain control throughout the catch.
I expected nothing less from the NFL... they took a huge backlash from all the weird calls that seemed to go the Patriots way.  People were making memes all over saying the Refs were part of the patriots and shit like that.  The Patriots were hated on because the weird catch rule and the way its been called.  Had 1 of those calls went the Patriots way or the way the rule book states, Philadelphia would be a warzone right now.  The NFL lost a lot of fans with the anthem protests, and probably stood to lose more if any call went the Pats way and helped them win.  Nobody wants to see the Patriots keep winning accept Patriot fans.

Do the tears freeze faster in the Canadian cold? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Ok.  I'm not bitter.  I've had some coffee and some food and I feel like I can tell it like it is now.

The Patriots defense finally let them down.  It was awful all year and having Butler in there would not have made any difference.  The difference was actually not starting the game with Gilmore on Alshon.  Third down defense was horrendous and it was the linebackers getting beat more times than not.

I really do think that there is something to the Clement catch not being overturned that the refs just went with the call on the field as to not upset the masses.  The Ertz catch was clearly a TD.  He definitely became a runner.

Did anyone else notice anytime there was a flag how Gene was smiling? That was odd to me, but I have no accusation about it.

Is it possible that Nick Foles is a complete system quarterback and teams know it?  You could have blacked out if you drank every time Colllinsworth said RPO last night.

As for Brandin Cooks - the loss was huge.  Whether he gets the ball or not, Phillip Dorsett is not the same threat he is.  Having a speed/deep threat is huge as you are able to keep a safety honest.  If you think a WR is only as good as the catches and yards he gets, then you are watching football incorrectly.  

In the end the only defense that showed up was Philly in the final 2 minutes and that's what mattered.  I kept saying that as bad as NE played they were never out of it.  They were leading in the 4th quarter after having played 3 quarters of awful football.  The first four possessions were all in Philly territory and they walked away with 6 points.  Bradys drop was huge and he knew it.  

It was a solid win for the Eagles.  No one can take anything away from them.  
The Eagles trick play for the Foles td was illegal formation as Jeffery didn't line up on the line of scrimmage, so they only had 6 guys when you need 7.  Does that make you mad?

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm

You think the Hit on Cooks was legal because your looking at it as if Cooks was a receiver in a vulnerable position which he was not, so then you think its a legal hit.  Accept for this fact, at no time is a player allowed to use the crown of their helmet in a spear like way to hit another player in the head, which is exactly what Jenkins did.  No the rule book..... I said the Erts td should be a td, but Bryants should have been too.... Clements not hard to overturn as they can clearly see he did not maintain control throughout the catch.
I expected nothing less from the NFL... they took a huge backlash from all the weird calls that seemed to go the Patriots way.  People were making memes all over saying the Refs were part of the patriots and shit like that.  The Patriots were hated on because the weird catch rule and the way its been called.  Had 1 of those calls went the Patriots way or the way the rule book states, Philadelphia would be a warzone right now.  The NFL lost a lot of fans with the anthem protests, and probably stood to lose more if any call went the Pats way and helped them win.  Nobody wants to see the Patriots keep winning accept Patriot fans.

Tears? What are these "tears", you speak off? Canadians don't know what that is.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Ok.  I'm not bitter.  I've had some coffee and some food and I feel like I can tell it like it is now.

The Patriots defense finally let them down.  It was awful all year and having Butler in there would not have made any difference.  The difference was actually not starting the game with Gilmore on Alshon.  Third down defense was horrendous and it was the linebackers getting beat more times than not.

I really do think that there is something to the Clement catch not being overturned that the refs just went with the call on the field as to not upset the masses.  The Ertz catch was clearly a TD.  He definitely became a runner.

Is it possible that Nick Foles is a complete system quarterback and teams know it?  You could have blacked out if you drank every time Colllinsworth said RPO last night.

As for Brandin Cooks - the loss was huge.  Whether he gets the ball or not, Phillip Dorsett is not the same threat he is.  Having a speed/deep threat is huge as you are able to keep a safety honest.  If you think a WR is only as good as the catches and yards he gets, then you are watching football incorrectly.  

In the end the only defense that showed up was Philly in the final 2 minutes and that's what mattered.  I kept saying that as bad as NE played they were never out of it.  They were leading in the 4th quarter after having played 3 quarters of awful football.  The first four possessions were all in Philly territory and they walked away with 6 points.  Bradys drop was huge and he knew it.  

It was a solid win for the Eagles.  No one can take anything away from them.  
The Eagles trick play for the Foles td was illegal formation as Jeffery didn't line up on the line of scrimmage, so they only had 6 guys when you need 7.  Does that make you mad?

No it doesn't.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Tears? What are these "tears", you speak off? Canadians don't know what that is.

And obviously they don't know when they just got flat out beat by the better team.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl thread   

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: