Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:

2018 Balls Bet Winner:

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am

Eric was a genius. He is counting on Russ to screw the pick up. He will probably take Bradley Chubb just because he likes to say "I have a Chubb" right now.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
Eric was a genius.  He is counting on Russ to screw the pick up.  He will probably take Bradley Chubb just because he likes to say "I have a Chubb" right now.
high five

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 am

I would love to trade the 1.03 or 1.05 to a nice home.  I am looking for additional picks in 2018, 2019, or 2020.

Then again with the latest report of Barkley maybe requiring career threatening knee surgery, his run in with the law, and the debiliating case of venerial disease, maybe I can get him with the 1.03.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
I would love to trade the 1.03 or 1.05 to a nice home.  I am looking for additional picks in 2018, 2019, or 2020.

Then again with the latest report of Barkley maybe requiring career threatening knee surgery, his run in with the law, and the debiliating case of venerial disease, maybe I can get him with the 1.03.

Rumor has it that the Brawlers pick in 2019 is on the block. It's been the 1.1 and 1.4 the past two years so it should be a safe bet to be very very good.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Rumor has it that the Brawlers pick in 2019 is on the block.  It's been the 1.1 and 1.4 the past two years so it should be a safe bet to be very very good.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Pigskins trade Cam Meredith (3 yrs) to Justice for Chandler Jones (2 years) and 15WB.

Matt does it again... especially if Jones gets the DE tag.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:28 am

Philadelphia Pigskins gave up Jones, Aaron GBP RB

Charm City Justice gave up Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick from Charm City Justice
--------------------------
and again.... hope he's got some kind of planned tag for him, thats a lot to pay for just getting the rights

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:34 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins gave up Jones, Aaron GBP RB

Charm City Justice gave up Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick from Charm City Justice
--------------------------
and again.... hope he's got some kind of planned tag for him, thats a lot to pay for just getting the rights

Huh?  This one I did not accept. Although I am guessing if you are seeing it I must have accidentally. Fuck!

The only thing I can think is that there is an accept link in the email that I must have hit when I was viewing the email. Oh well, that’s life I guess. Learn the hard way not to view those emails on my phone while dealing with my kid overnight.

The C. Jones deal I had my reasons for accepting, but agree if he gets the DE tag Matt wins.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Huh?  This one I did not accept. Although I am guessing if you are seeing it I must have accidentally. Fuck!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:06 am

I refuse to accept trades through the system generated email over my phone for that very reason

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:10 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
I refuse to accept trades through the system generated email over my phone for that very reason

I didn’t even realize I had done it until I saw the posts here. It wasn’t like I was trying to hit decline and missed, I never realized I clicked a link, but it is the only thing I can think of that happened because I never looked at the trade in the app or on MFL. I only had one beer last night so it’s not like I was drunk. Oh well, enough bitching on my part.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 am

It happens. Not like I'm going to hold you to a trade you didn't mean to make.

I don't think the Meredith one is lopsided or anything. Cam could be a good volume receiver for PPR, and Jones could get a DE designation. Risk on both sides. Not like either of us are getting a sure thing.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 am

The trade was reversed it looks like. Good on you Matt!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:41 am

Yeah Matt deserves kudos for not taking advantage of my mistake. He had every right to keep the deal in place and did right by me, so I am very appreciative.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 am

I didn’t even realize I had done it until I saw the posts here. It wasn’t like I was trying to hit decline and missed, I never realized I clicked a link, but it is the only thing I can think of that happened because I never looked at the trade in the app or on MFL. I only had one beer last night so it’s not like I was drunk. Oh well, enough bitching on my part.

Concur on Matt...cool to reverse it.   cheers I am glad I saw this post before things start happening for us new guys.  I do a lot on my phone, but it sounds like we should be at our PCs for trades?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 am

Coachella Tremors wrote:

Concur on Matt...cool to reverse it.   cheers I am glad I saw this post before things start happening for us new guys.  I do a lot on my phone, but it sounds like we should be at our PCs for trades?

I do trades on my phone for all of my leagues on MFL, it's never happened to me, but I see how it could. Unlike on the site, the email link for accept will not ask you if you are sure, it'll just take it.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 am

Note to the league. Kudos to Matt for being the only smart one in the bunch of us to figure out that you can take advantage of Bill. Bill, several trade offers coming your way.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 am

I can't emphasize enough like it says in the bylaws that one needs to be careful when using a mobile device. Like Ben mentioned above, when it comes to trades and the potential downside even if it's a slight pain I would recommend you go to the MFL site where it makes you confirm ACCEPT in order to get a deal done.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 am

Cool of you to reverse the trade Matt! They need to change the auto-accept trade email thing.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I can't emphasize enough like it says in the bylaws that one needs to be careful when using a mobile device.  Like Ben mentioned above, when it comes to trades and the potential downside even if it's a slight pain I would recommend you go to the MFL site where it makes you confirm ACCEPT in order to get a deal done.  

I think that is something MFL should take away from their emails. I want to be notified of a trade offer, but I don't want the options of accepting or declining in the email.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I can't emphasize enough like it says in the bylaws that one needs to be careful when using a mobile device.  Like Ben mentioned above, when it comes to trades and the potential downside even if it's a slight pain I would recommend you go to the MFL site where it makes you confirm ACCEPT in order to get a deal done.  

I think that is something MFL should take away from their emails.  I want to be notified of a trade offer, but I don't want the options of accepting or declining in the email.

AGREED. From the MFL page under HELP you can select MY SUPPORT TICKETS and send them that request. If they agree or get enough feedback on it they'll probably change it. It's worth the 1 minute to do so.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:26 am

Yeah, the only thing I know I did was open the email on my phone. It is my assumption that I must have clicked the link at some point because that is the only thing that makes sense to me, but I can’t guarantee that is what actually hapened. I do all my trade responses on the app (which has safe guards) or computer for this very reason. I am going to go look for that aforementioned setting to try to prevent something like this from happening again. My apologies to the league and Matt for the confusion.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:30 am

Yea, nice to see the reversal. I’ve been burnt on the MFL email system once and that’s all it took for me to never try to hit the link again. I like the app for trade responses as the buttons are bigger for my fat thumbs and you get the “are you sure” approval notice that Andy was referring to

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:54 am

Classy move Matt. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:02 am

That Matt is one stand up fella

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 am

props to ya!!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 am

My question is... would anyone here not have reversed the trade? I don't think Matt is special!

Shit, I even think Greg would have reversed it. And that guy sucks! hehe

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 am

My question is... would anyone here not have reversed the trade?  I don't think Matt is special!

Shit, I even think Greg would have reversed it.  And that guy sucks! hehe
LOL - good point

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:12 am

I am guessing everyone probably would have, but still he didn’t have to so he deserves some props for that.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 am

My question is... would anyone here not have reversed the trade?  I don't think Matt is special!

I think he'd post a GIF of a guy taking a dump... Along with a comment of "Tough Shit"

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:15 am

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:

I think he'd post a GIF of a guy taking a dump... Along with a comment of "Tough Shit"

It's always a possibility!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 am

When Shawn was still around he sent me a trade that I accepted which he said he didn’t mean to send. When I offered him the trade back to reverse it he said that he wouldn’t take it back since it was his mistake. So there’s that...

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 pm

As one of my main rivals, Matt is starting his mind fuck on everyone. He makes you drop your guard because you all feel at ease with him. It is at that point that he makes a trade to set himself up for RW dominance.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Matt sucks.

shrug

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:50 pm

True, may not be that unusual for this league, but that is definitely not the case in other leagues. Some people are cutthroat and would say “Oh well”

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Kidding aside, I think everyone here feels that relationships with the RW members is more important than a trade. Kudos to all who feel this way.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Glad to be a in a league where the right thing gets done!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:49 pm

You can also choose to have MFL only send you non-HTML emails. The system generated emails I get don't have the team images etc... and there is no button to accept/decline trades, just a link to the trades screen on MFL.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
You can also choose to have MFL only send you non-HTML emails.

pay attention

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
As one of my main rivals, Matt is starting his mind fuck on everyone.  He makes you drop your guard because you all feel at ease with him.  It is at that point that he makes a trade to set himself up for RW dominance.

pay attention

It is a trap!!!

All kidding aside, I think this has happened a few times over the years and it seems that the gaining party was always willing to reverse it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Good on you matt for reversing, that was a brutal offer.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
As one of my main rivals, Matt is starting his mind fuck on everyone.  He makes you drop your guard because you all feel at ease with him.  It is at that point that he makes a trade to set himself up for RW dominance.

Agreed. Don't get too cozy with Matt. Next thing you know you'll have a bag full of 4ths while waving good-bye to your stud WR.

But it's great to see some trade action on the TT side. I feel like a 6th grade boy trying to get his first feel of a breast. I keep trying but can't pull it off.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I keep trying but can't pull it off.

Sounds like your call-out games.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I keep trying but can't pull it off.

Sounds like your call-out games.  laughing

BTW, shouldn't you be posting in the Board threads?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm

With that being said... The Offices of the Degenerates would like to have every trade I've made over the last 3 seasons reversed too please... I was being stupi... I mean I clicked the wrong link in the emails too! Yea... That's what happened... doh hairout ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   

Back to top Go down

2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: