Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Didn't see these trades posted:

Roster Wars Trade Completed

and have completed a trade:
 gave up Montgomery, Ty GBP RB (2 Years Left)
and  gave up Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Muskego Muskies

Last edited by Titletown Tyrants on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:07 pm

and have completed a trade: gave up Ebron, Eric DET TE (0 Years Left)
and  gave up Year 2018 Round 5 Draft Pick from Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Really like the Montgomery trade for the Muskies.

Ebron for a 5th? scratch They both suck.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

Are you thinking Ty will be the guy or something?

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Just a 3rd down back. Maybe a bit more. The ppr helps him tremendously.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't think that Montgomery will be the RB next year and will slide into a full-time WR position. But he's certainly worth a 3rd even for 1 year. I like the risk by Brad on Ebron for a 5th. The question becomes what tag he'll end up getting.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

See, I am not so sure about that. Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams matched, or outplayed him as I see it. I could see him getting on the field, but I am not sure it will be enough to hold fantasy value.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

See, I am not so sure about that. Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams matched, or outplayed him as I see it. I could see him getting on the field, but I am not sure it will be enough to hold fantasy value.
Under Matt Patricia I could see Ebron finally breaking out, I'm sure Matt picked up a few things from Josh and Gronk that he could make work with Ebron.
I wonder if Ty works better with Rogers under center, with Hundley I think the pack had to go with guys who were more pure runners.
Really they should just grab Bishop Sankey lol

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
Under Matt Patricia I could see Ebron finally breaking out, I'm sure Matt picked up a few things from Josh and Gronk that he could make work with Ebron.
I wonder if Ty works better with Rogers under center, with Hundley I think the pack had to go with guys who were more pure runners.
Really they should just grab Bishop Sankey lol

Oh boy, you don't want to go down that route here, we have had PLENTY of talk on Bishop.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Assuming he’s healthy, I still see Ty as the definite 3rd down back and playing WR in certain formations. I think he’s much better at catching balls out of the backfield then either of the other two and has proven he has some big play ability. If Williams and Jones are healthy he gets very limited carries.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Assuming he’s healthy, I still see Ty as the definite 3rd down back and playing WR in certain formations. I think he’s much better at catching balls out of the backfield then either of the other two and has proven he has some big play ability. If Williams and Jones are healthy he gets very limited carries.

I agree. Lacy used to get a ton of screens thrown his way, and that is fat Eddie we're talking about. Rodgers needs a RB who can get off of the block, forcing the LB out so he can either run with it or throw timing routes to Cobb and Jordy. Williams will probably compete more with Montgomery for snaps, but I think of Jones as the odd man out here.

Jamaal and Jones are both better pure runners than Ty, so when all are healthy Ty might bump out to the slot. Since GB hates TEs, I can definitely see him getting some slot work.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:55 pm

I like both players at those costs, but that's just me. And I also agree I don't think TYM is the feature back there in 2018.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 pm

I disagree with the Ty deal, too high. You paid a third round pick for a handcuff? Plus Ty would be no more than the fourth best RB on staff. Too high of a pay.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Las Vegas Juggalos wrote:
I disagree with the Ty deal, too high. You paid a third round pick for a handcuff? Plus Ty would be no more than the fourth best RB on staff. Too high of a pay.

4th best? Please tell me more about Devante Mays.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

4th best?  Please tell me more about Devante Mays.

Not fourth best on the Packers, fourth best on the Muskies. Mays won't last long in the league.
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:18 pm

I agree he may be the 3rd best RB but he’s the best 3rd down back. I don’t expect to be able to start him every game but I do expect him to be an important part of the GB offense at some point next season. My biggest concern is if he’ll be healthy, if he’s healthy he’ll be productive.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I agree he may be the 3rd best RB but he’s the best 3rd down back. I don’t expect to be able to start him every game but I do expect him to be an important part of the GB offense at some point next season. My biggest concern is if he’ll be healthy, if he’s healthy he’ll be productive.

I get what you are saying, I just don't see the payoff. Looking at your team your lineup is going to be something like
Prescott
Jimmy G or McCarron when everyone realizes that Jimmy isn't the next Brady
Anderson
Forte
Hill
Cooper
Crowder
Goodwin
Some TE most likely not two
Gould

You have one spot left with three better options at WR and most likely Williams as the next RB. I just think paying a 3rd round for a RB that will most likely not break your starting roster minus the bye week or injury is a bit much to pay. You could get a just as good option on waiver/FA or even the draft. Again, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:51 pm

McCarron, Hill, Forte, Crowder, Goodwin are all RFA’s. Not all of them will be Muskies next year

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:05 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
McCarron, Hill, Forte, Crowder, Goodwin are all RFA’s. Not all of them will be Muskies next year

Plus Matt Forte and Jeremy Hill are garbage and won't be starters next year.

People are underestimating Aaron Jones ability to catch the football. Although he wasn't used that way by Green Bay last year, he came out of college with a big tick in that box for me.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:15 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

I get what you are saying, I just don't see the payoff. Looking at your team your lineup is going to be something like
Prescott
Jimmy G or McCarron when everyone realizes that Jimmy isn't the next Brady
Anderson
Forte
Hill
Cooper
Crowder
Goodwin
Some TE most likely not two

Jimmy G doesn't need to be the next Brady, but he is still pretty damn good. If SF gets him a WR to work with then you will realize how good he really is.
Gould

You have one spot left with three better options at WR and most likely Williams as the next RB. I just think paying a 3rd round for a RB that will most likely not break your starting roster minus the bye week or injury is a bit much to pay. You could get a just as good option on waiver/FA or even the draft. Again, just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 am

I like Ty at that price for his team. I'm a sucker for pass catching backs tho. A RB that I can depend on for 6-10 points is priceless.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Picks are worthless. Derrick wya?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Yes, picks are worthless.......  But in this case I would take the pick over TY.  Not even close

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
I like Ty at that price for his team.  I'm a sucker for pass catching backs tho.  A RB that I can depend on for 6-10 points is priceless.
I wish him the best, unless he plays me, then I thank my stars he made the trade. I am not worried about Ty. I think Ty will be moved out of the backfield. What do I know, I thought the Jags could be the Pats. Wait ... I still do. Guess we will see about Ty.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

Yes, picks are worthless.......  But in this case I would take the pick over TY.  Not even close

I would rather have Guice from LSU could slide to the third, haven't got a good feel for how you guys draft but even so I would still look for Chubb, Johnson, and Freeman. Watch where they land in the NFL draft.
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

I would rather have Guice from LSU could slide to the third, haven't got a good feel for how you guys draft but even so I would still look for Chubb, Johnson, and Freeman. Watch where they land in the NFL draft.

I'd imagine Guice would probably get taken before the 3rd. I'm interested to see how this draft plays out. The minor leagues just drafted and assigned player contracts last year, so I expect the minor league draft to be much more offensive heavy in the early rounds compared to the main league. Chubb and Freeman could definitely fall to the 3rd though since they take a hit in ppr.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Main league is ridiculously offensive heavy in round 1 and 2... The 1st round might have 1 defensive player taken. 2nd round maybe 4-6...

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:46 pm

I think we have spent way too much time on a Packers fan taking a lottery pick on a Packers running back in exchange for a 3rd round lottery draft pick that might hit or not depending on who it is.

Let's argue Powerball vs Megabucks now.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:53 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I think we have spent way too much time on a Packers fan taking a lottery pick on a Packers running back in exchange for a 3rd round lottery draft pick that might hit or not depending on who it is.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Ok... hey how about that Eric Ebron fella. I want to find out how many times he’s been traded in DD. It’s seems like everybody has had him at some point. One of these years he’s going to good huh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Ok... hey how about that Eric Ebron fella. I want to find out how many times he’s been traded in DD. It’s seems like everybody has had him at some point. One of these years he’s going to good huh

I drafted him in one league his rookie year and will never own him again. I don't know if production will ever meet potential.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I drafted him in one league his rookie year and will never own him again. I don't know if production will ever meet potential.

I thought that same way until last year -- but he came on at the end of the year. From week 8-16 he was TE4.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 pm

Yeah, I thought he started playing real well at the end of the year and that was without my honolulu blue glasses on.

Oddly, it seemed to correlate to when his kid was born and a general attitude of I don't care what the fans think of me anymore.

I thought giving up a 5th was a good risk for me to get Ebron. He'll get tagged and if someone wants to pay the price of the tag, I figured all I did was get a pick bump in the draft b/c I'll be tagging him at a level above a 5th.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

It took eight missed jackpots for the Super Lotto to climb to $15 million for Saturday's drawing. By comparison, the longer odds of Mega Millions have seen that jackpot now roll over 35 consecutive times, leading to Friday's half-billion-dollar prize. But neither of those games can grow as fast as Powerball.

Either one sounds like better odds and payout than Ty. lol3
Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:09 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Yeah, I thought he started playing real well at the end of the year and that was without my honolulu blue glasses on.  

Oddly, it seemed to correlate to when his kid was born and a general attitude of I don't care what the fans think of me anymore.  

I thought giving up a 5th was a good risk for me to get Ebron.  He'll get tagged and if someone wants to pay the price of the tag, I figured all I did was get a pick bump in the draft b/c I'll be tagging him at a level above a 5th.

A 5th is a very safe get your money back floor to pay for him even having to tag him. I'd take that all day brother

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Especially considering not to long ago he was going for 2nd rd value. That’s when he was a Muskie/Dragon I believe

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

This is what happens when trading is slow.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

This is what happens when trading is slow.

Trading has slowed in DD, but we already have 9 done in January.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:01 pm

I’ll talk trades and players all day. Even if it is Eric Ebron and Ty Montgomery. Let trade someone more insignificant and we’ll fill up another page up

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:53 am

Muskego Muskies and Tarpon Springs RedKnights have completed a trade:
Muskego Muskies gave up Year 2018 Round 4 Draft Pick from Oaktown Malosos and Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Muskego Muskies and $7.00 in blind bidding
and Tarpon Springs RedKnights gave up Agholor, Nelson PHI WR (2 RW Years)

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

Muskego Muskies gave up:
Year 2018 Round 4 Draft Pick from Oaktown Malosos (4.7)
Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Muskego Muskies;
$7.00 in blind bidding
Tarpon Springs RedKnights gave up:
Agholor, Nelson PHI WR (2yrs left)

Thanks for the trade Sty. The more I looked into NA the more I liked what I saw. Value is trending up, #19 WR last year at 190pts, #13 after the BYE (11-16)... growing role in a good offense with a good QB, 24yrs old, 2 yrs left on his contract

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm

So nice you posted it twice...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm

I think we started about the same but it took me forever to complete the post because I was “working”

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Nice trade guys. I was in similar discussions with Sty, just couldn't pull the trigger. Glad you guys did!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:27 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Muskego Muskies gave up:
$7.00 in blind bidding

Thanks for the trade Sty. The more I looked into NA the more I liked what I saw. Value is trending up,  #19 WR last year at 190pts,  #13 after the BYE (11-16)... growing role in a good offense with a good QB, 24yrs old, 2 yrs left on his contract

I want to hate on this trade but I can't. I think it seems pretty balanced and helps you out. I do think a couple of your WRs underperformed this year but the price you gave up for depth, not too bad.

Not that you need my approval, just think this trade was well done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:31 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Muskego Muskies gave up:
$7.00 in blind bidding

Thanks for the trade Sty. The more I looked into NA the more I liked what I saw. Value is trending up,  #19 WR last year at 190pts,  #13 after the BYE (11-16)... growing role in a good offense with a good QB, 24yrs old, 2 yrs left on his contract

I want to hate on this trade but I can't. I think it seems pretty balanced and helps you out. I do think a couple of your WRs underperformed this year but the price you gave up for depth, not too bad.

Not that you need my approval, just think this trade was well done.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:15 am

Agree, overall a good trade for both.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 am

That 7 wb's mean a lot especially since I might have to use a super-franchise tag this year with my star DE as a FA, and if the Muskies dont complete their rebuilt then that 2nd rounder might be around a 2.6 value which isn't totally bad plus that late 4th I can use for a kicker or something...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:

That 7 wb's mean a lot especially since I might have to use a super-franchise tag this year with my star DE as a FA, and if the Muskies dont complete their rebuilt then that 2nd rounder might be around a 2.6 value which isn't totally bad plus that late 4th I can use for a kicker or something...

I thought you were going after Johnny Townsend in the second?
Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am

I think this is even trade. I am an NA fan but getting 2nd for him is good value.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   

Back to top Go down

2018 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: