Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Bylaws question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:21 pm

I might get hammered for this but I am not taking any chances. I want to know the rules like I was the one that wrote them.

Under Y.4
Players with 0-year contracts WILL NOT be released, instead they will remain on roster and be traded as needed throughout the process (these trades obviously won't count towards our trade tracker).  While trading will remain open during RFA, 0-year players will not be eligible for trade (they will only move when RFA dictates them to do so) obviously.  

The part I need some clarification on is that the first sentence says that 0-year contracts will be traded as needed and the second sentence says 0-year players will not be eligible for trade.

So how can they be traded if they are not eligible to be traded? Is this really a case wherein the first sentence the word traded should not be used and should be replaced with something like moved or relocated?

Thanks for the clarification. Also, if I missed the spot to put this, please let me know the correct spot in your most kindly worded responses. wink
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Las Vegas Juggalos wrote:
I might get hammered for this but I am not taking any chances. I want to know the rules like I was the one that wrote them.

Under Y.4
Players with 0-year contracts WILL NOT be released, instead they will remain on roster and be traded as needed throughout the process (these trades obviously won't count towards our trade tracker).  While trading will remain open during RFA, 0-year players will not be eligible for trade (they will only move when RFA dictates them to do so) obviously.  

The part I need some clarification on is that the first sentence says that 0-year contracts will be traded as needed and the second sentence says 0-year players will not be eligible for trade.

So how can they be traded if they are not eligible to be traded? Is this really a case wherein the first sentence the word traded should not be used and should be replaced with something like moved or relocated?

Thanks for the clarification. Also, if I missed the spot to put this, please let me know the correct spot in your most kindly worded responses. wink

That's a good point. I'll try to add some words to make that clear.

It basically means instead of teams dropping players and me having to manually add them to new teams (or back to original teams) that we use the "trade feature" to get players where they need to go. These "trades" are processed usually with a comment about it being RFA BASED MOVE so that they aren't treated or counted as actual trades (because we keep track of that yearly.

The other part just means that once the deadline passes, 0 year players are no longer yours to trade in legitimate trades...they are just on your team roster throughout the RFA process (again to save double-working them).

Does this make sense?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:51 pm

I have edited the bylaw wording slightly. I believe I made it clearer.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Appreciate the clarification. Makes perfect sense.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Appreciate the clarification. Makes perfect sense.

Sweet!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Also, if I missed the spot to put this, please let me know the correct spot in your most kindly worded responses. wink

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bylaws question   

Back to top Go down

Bylaws question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: