:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Prospects thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:36 am

Hey everyone, so if you're paying attention at all you probably will notice we have more prospects that available positions. I want to do something about this because I hate the idea of someone leaving that might very well be a perfect fit.

Can we expand the Minor League? With my schedule doing what it's doing it's nearly impossible to consider this. Maybe though.
Should someone run a RW redraft (unofficial) just so everyone has something to be a part of if/when there isn't enough spots in the Minor League and not enough people to expand?

I have been emailed by interested folks who see the number of spots and the number of new recruits and they're asking if they should stay/go....I'd like to have an answer that makes sense and doesn't conflict with the idea that we've always wanted to find more folks like us.

What says you?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:02 am

All the Major league owners who are in the minor league give up their teams to make room for prospects. The prospects can run those teams “as built” or have a redraft involving the players on those teams, which is probably more appealing to the potential owners.

Last edited by Muskego Muskies on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:05 am

Any major league owner who has a minor league team should just basically be a placeholder for prospects. If we need to expand to another Minor league division, same rules apply.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:12 am

Can you share what the numbers look like? How far would we be off if we added a 3rd conference and some of the major owners participated in that also?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 am

agree with dan

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 am

Yeah, I'd hate for interested people to leave because we don't have a spot for them, I guess it's similar to the old waitlist, but with less turn over and a 48 teams, it could be a really long wait.

We could do something similar to the RWTC just to keep people around and engaged, but experience has shown that the RWTC wasn't the most successful thing in regards to retention. I think there are only 6 or 7 of us that didn't have a team at that time that are still around. Bad owners could have played a part, but it's a completely different experience building your own team, trading, contracts, off season stuff, etc.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:22 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Any major league owner who has a minor league team should just basically be a placeholder for prospects. If we need to expand to another Minor league division, same rules apply.

My only problem with that is, they've paid for a dynasty league, and they've build their teams accordingly. I'm sure if they knew they'd only get it for 1 year, they would have done the auction and trades very differently.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:29 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
All the Major league owners who are in the minor league give up their teams to make room for prospects. The prospects can run those teams “as built” or have a redraft involving the players on those teams, which is probably more appealing to the potential owners.

Agree. cheers

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

My only problem with that is, they've paid for a dynasty league, and they've build their teams accordingly.  I'm sure if they knew they'd only get it for 1 year, they would have done the auction and trades very differently.
Terms of payment or reimbursement are above my pay grade that’s why And gets the big bucks.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 am

We can't let them go because we can't guarantee anyone new will work out. We lost some poor owners, but we also lost solid owners like Mac that just couldn't make the time commitment.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Can you share what the numbers look like?  How far would we be off if we added a 3rd conference and some of the major owners participated in that also?

5 open spots in minor league

7 new owners looking for a spot

[EDIT] 2 owners who have teams in both the main and minor leagues.

Last edited by Riverside Rottweilers on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
Can you share what the numbers look like?  How far would we be off if we added a 3rd conference and some of the major owners participated in that also?

3 2 owners who have teams in both the main and minor leagues.

Fixed that for ya.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:

3 2 owners who have teams in both the main and minor leagues.

Fixed that for ya.

Counted Justin by accident.

Also we may have another prospect

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 pm

What do Carla and Matt think about giving up their Minor League teams?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:49 pm

i could see matt leaving - but we may want carla to stay in it since she runs it

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:00 pm

co-owners

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
co-owners

Are you asking for help Greg?

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
co-owners

Are you asking for help Greg?

I got ben.

just throwing it out there. I like the idea of only using main league owners down there in the minors when we don't have enough losers down there but I can see andy wanting a couple to help keep law and order.

bottom line is I don't really care.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:30 pm

The suggestion of major league owners bowing out makes sense with the numbers.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:12 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
The suggestion of major league owners bowing out makes sense with the numbers.

Yea, the numbers would work out great, as every prospect would get a spot.

Two problems seem to be:
1. Carla and Matt do a lot to keep track of WBs and commish the minor league
2. It's not fair to them that maybe they sacrificed last year to build for the future, and they won't get to see that through

Idc either way. We could also go the expansion route like Andy described but I would be against a complete redraft.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm

What if we expanded to 14 team conferences with 2 divisions and had an expansion draft?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
What if we expanded to 14 team conferences with 2 divisions and had an expansion draft?

vote no

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Scared Ben? How about 16 team conferences and 4 divisions like the NFL?

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Ben scared? Did you see what he did with the Bombers. All you have to do is hand Ben a team so he doesn't have to pick it himself and he can kick ass.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Scared Ben?  How about 16 team conferences and 4 divisions like the NFL?  

Not scared, I just don't want everyone to be inconvenienced just to add 2 teams to the league.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Ben scared?  Did you see what he did with the Bombers.  All you have to do is hand Ben a team so he doesn't have to pick it himself and he can kick ass.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:53 pm

I would sooner the minors become a part of the majors than expand the minors.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 pm

I will say that while I understand that the dispersals should happen sooner than later, I feel like every time we try to let a bunch of new guys in at once a few quickly fade out. Might make sense to make sure people keep showing up before we give them a team.

Or not. Maybe I’m just sad about having to give up my minor league spot...

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I will say that while I understand that the dispersals should happen sooner than later, I feel like every time we try to let a bunch of new guys in at once a few quickly fade out. Might make sense to make sure people keep showing up before we give them a team.

Or not. Maybe I’m just sad about having to give up my minor league spot...

I agree, I think we should give it a month to really see who's still around before we just give teams away.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:24 pm

I didn't mean do it this second but that's why I don't think we should boot anyone. There is no guarantee that the guy who signed up first is a better long term fit that the guy who signed up 6th.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Two solutions I see. Main league teams give up the minor league teams. Let any other prospects know that we are currently full.

Fluck everything blow everything up get all the great minds together and form one League! Combine the minors and main allow 2 of each player but a team can only hold one copy. Re assign divisions let teams keep all their current players!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Holy Hell Sty...

I would say main league owners should offer their minor league teams up to prospects.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:

Fluck everything blow everything up get all the great minds together and form one League! Combine the minors and main allow 2 of each player but a team can only hold one copy. Re assign divisions let teams keep all their current players!

This idea. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:56 pm

This idea. vote yes

End this bigotry! Down with this segregation! What makes me better then Ben? Because he has a minor league team? My proposal will make me one with Ben! Ben and I can finally hold hands! Greg can cuddle with us and we WONT be afraid! We will not let the walls of today keep us apart tomorrow! Raise your voices cause today we break the chains! For today we dream of a better tomorrow! Whose with me!!!!!

Last edited by Tarpon Springs RedKnights on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:56 pm

We get a good number of prospects that are approved. Then Ed and Bern create the most fucked up scavenger hunt in RW. More points = Start earlier on the 'Where's Waldo' search of tracking down Werewolves Jason. First 5 are in.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:46 pm

This idea. vote yes

End this bigotry! Down with this segregation! What makes me better then Ben? Because he has a minor league team? My proposal will make me one with Ben! Ben and I can finally hold hands! Greg can cuddle with us and we WONT be afraid! We will not let the walls of today keep us apart tomorrow! Raise your voices cause today we break the chains! For today we dream of a better tomorrow! Whose with me!!!!!

I love you

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:47 pm

lol3

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Hey, as the newest member of this league I just want to say, yah don't ever have to worry about me. I will be the most loyal owner you have ever witnessed, no matter how shitty my team is. I would be up for the majors, But I also like that I have to earn my way there, so I am okay with whatever.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm

At the outset I'd like to say that this is coming from a guy that hung around for a while for a spot and even had a false start or two where I thought I had a team open up for me.  The minors were intended to serve two purposes.  The first was to create a proving ground for new owners to show that they were here long term and could satisfy certain minimum standards before getting into the main league.  The second was to give those waiting something to do during the wait.

With that in mind, I have two other thoughts.  Keeping Carla and Matt in the Minors is a good thing for the minors.  And we don't have to give a spot to everyone that expresses interest in joining RW -- either in the Minors or main league.  This sounds harsh but it's the truth.  We have a lot of people that have interest and most, if not all, of them show potential.  But do we need to jump to a dispersal draft right now?  

I think that we stop or slow down recruitment owners and let things sort themselves out.  Shoot for a dispersal draft around March 1st or April 1st and let's see how things shake out.  If all 7 potential owners are still active and want to be a part we can deal with it at that time.  But I do think there is a benefit in having people wait and work for a spot.  Right now we are in a honeymoon stage but things may change if we give it a little bit of time.  Hopefully none of the new guys take this the wrong way but I think that the best for the long term of both leagues is dealing with only 5 openings and put the 5 best new owners in those spots.  For those that don't make the cut, it's very likely that one or two spots will open up in the next 12 months with 46 different people currently having teams.  So, while it would suck in the long term, there is a chance that a spot will be open for everyone at some point if they really want it and stick around like others have before them.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:51 pm

I also would like to point out that there is a system in place that is ready to go to have a all out 48 team major league. Under Owner Changes in the bylaws. 3 or 4 new owners is pretty close to having a all out 48 dedicated active league. Thats amazing.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Very well said Russ. I agree completely! It great that we have more potential owners than teams available. It shows that we have an awesome thing going here. I think we take some time and let the new guys prove that this is the place for them. If everyone passes the test, maybe we hold a lottery for the spots and hope that the ones left out stick around for their chance in the future. I like to think that this is more than just a fantasy league and people will wanna be here regardless If they have a team or not.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Another thought, if we do go with a redraft league, I'd be happy to commish and oversee the redraft league.  I've cut back on some leagues and have some extra bandwidth right now.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Another thought, if we do go with a redraft league, I'd be happy to commish and oversee the redraft league.  I've cut back on some leagues and have some extra bandwidth right now.

I would totally play in a RWTC again! And I bet a lot of current owners would too. Speaking from experience, it was a good way to dip my toes into Roster Wars.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I would totally play in a RWTC again! And I bet a lot of current owners would too.  Speaking from experience, it was a good way to dip my toes into Roster Wars.

That's how I started, and I loved the RWTC too.  I would be up for a team there as well.  The Nevada SMAKhawks would represent.  laughing  I get excited when I see activity in the Front Porch.  However, there is never 100% success.  Even that RWTC first season had hiccups with some owners.  I not about to name names, but I'm sure we all remember some of those guys, and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

SALUT!   beer

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:55 pm

I'll name name! Peck Kingfish and New York Jet Set! lol3

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:59 pm

I'll name name! Peck Kingfish and New York Jet Set! lol3

ROFL Did he get 2 picks in or 3 before an early retirement?  I mean I was a rookie at IDP and was nervous about messing up, but this guy made me look like Vince Lombardi.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prospects thoughts   

Back to top Go down

Prospects thoughts
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: