Titletown Tyrants
Phoenix Krakens
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 pm

1 Who are you? Where do you live?

Who am I? Jeez this is deep.  Im 34, married, have 3 kids (we like to procreate), been married for 15 years.  I'm busy busy with kid crap (soccer, music, dance etc) So about 10 years ago my hobbies from always hunting and motorcycles and poker shifted to fantasy football, which has gone from a hobby to a (dream) Part Time Job.
 I used to be in the Navy, I've traveled a lot, lived in Japan, Washington, Connecticut and now I'm in the desert of good ol Phoenix.  

2 Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted.

I have been playing fantasy football for 10 years now, Ive played on ESPN, YAHOO, FleaFlicker and RTS, but my all time favorite is MFL and main source for all my leagues.
I currently play in 5 Dynasty leagues and commission (2) of them.  1 League is a 32 team, 2 copy, salary/contract IDP league and the other I commission is a 12TM league.  

I have played almost all formats except superflex. One of the dynasty leagues Im joining this year as well is a superflex startup, so that should be interesting.

3 Why do you want to be part of Roster Wars...what drew your interest?
1) Bylaws are indicative to commissioner commitment and organization.  
2) The stringent nature with owners, ensures dedicated owners will be present and it will eliminate non active owners.

4 How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?
 Not sure how much, but I'm surprised my wife has not killed me yet. (5-10 hours)

5 Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story. This season that passed I beat a divisional rival by .01 due.  It solidified my 1st week bye in post season and I got to hear him groan for 3 days about losing by such a small margin.  

6 What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner?

That I spend to much time focusing on Fantasy Football and I try to trade to much.

7 Anything else you would like to add?

Id be happy with the worst available team.  Nothing like a challenge.

8 Are you joining to be a friend of the league or are you looking for the first chance into the fray?

I'm looking to see if all the owners here really present that next level challenge. bow bow bow
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Welcome man! I asked Tyler as well, where did you hear about us? (We like to know what works to find quality owners).

Dig around, get involved, the crew here is top notch! (Don't tell them I said that).

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars man. Wow, definitely see some similarities to this group in that post. laughing

Where did you hear about us?

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Welcome to RWs buddy!  That's so cool you lived in Japan.  I've never been out of the state's, but would like to one day

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Welcome to RWs buddy!  That's so cool you lived in Japan.  I've never been out of the state's, but would like to one day

If you get the chance, take it! I lived in Kawatana, apporx 45 mins from Nagasaki. We lived there for about 3 years. Beautiful culture and country. Great food and It was easy to hit China, SK, PI, AU and Guam while we were there.
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm

welcome2 

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Welcome Rueben -- glad you found us.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigbrawlers
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Giphy

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Two newbies in one day, its almost like people are recruiting. laughing

Welcome Reuben. Jump right in and enjoy the wild ride.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Colorado Crusaders

Colorado Crusaders

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Hey Reuben...good to have you stop by.  Takes a few visits to process all the info, but I promise it won't disappoint.

AwesomeSauce wrote:

7 Anything else you would like to add?[/b]

8 Are you joining to be a friend of the league or are you looking for the first chance into the fray?

I'm looking to see if all the owners here really present that next level challenge. bow bow bow

#7...appreciate the thought, but my team is not on the block. tongue

#8...no worries here at RW. wink

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigcru15
Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Welcome Rueben! Saw the team name and chuckled a bit, thanks for that.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigkings
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Hey Reuben...good to have you stop by.  Takes a few visits to process all the info, but I promise it won't disappoint.

AwesomeSauce wrote:

7 Anything else you would like to add?[/b]

#7...appreciate the thought, but my team is not on the block. tongue

#8...no worries here at RW. wink

"The First step is acceptance"
Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Welcome, Rueben! This place will definitely challange you, no worries.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigmea10
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Welcome!  Let us know if you have any questions.

What is the meaning of life?
Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Welcome.

Thank you for your service. Much appreciated.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigmilitia
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:32 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

To procreate. You have passed. Now sit back and enjoy fantasy football.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Welcome! Glad you found us!

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
AwesomeSauce wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

To procreate.  You have passed.  Now sit back and enjoy fantasy football.

I won at life in 3 minutes spread across 3 kids...champ material!
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
AwesomeSauce wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Maybe it's time to give him the Navy version of the Rorschach test.  What do you see in this image:

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Navy-pilot-sky-penis_0

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigbrawlers
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:42 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

It's 42.

Welcome to Roster Wars Rueben and glad I could help with your first question.

cheers

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
AwesomeSauce wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Maybe it's time to give him the Navy version of the Rorschach test.  What do you see in this image:

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Navy-pilot-sky-penis_0

Squidward falling to earth.
Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you'll fit right in

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigspartans
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Welcome Rueben! Glad you found us! Look around and hop in to some other threads. We talk about a wide array of topics here!

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Welcome Rueben!  Glad you found us! Look around and hop in to some other threads. We talk about a wide array of topics here!

I just read the full self destruction of the Mongols...my goodness. surprised lol3 lol3 lol3
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:
Welcome Rueben!  Glad you found us! Look around and hop in to some other threads. We talk about a wide array of topics here!

I just read the full self destruction of the Mongols...my goodness. surprised lol3 lol3 lol3

Hahahaha that is a great thread! Glad it didn't scare you away!

Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:37 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:

No fear! I had an owner quit in my dynasty league mid season last year. He was tanking because he had a bad start at 1-4. He sat Brees for Tribisky, Hopkins for I forget who etc.. blatant tanking. I contacted him and gave a warning and he asked where it was written. I sent him a copy of of the bylaws (again) highlighted the clause and he flipped out and said he quit the league right then. Thing is, even if someone is an ass...the rules are the rules. You agree to play by them, live by them, be ejected by them.
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:
AwesomeSauce wrote:

No fear! I had an owner quit in my dynasty league mid season last year.  He was tanking because he had a bad start at 1-4.  He sat Brees for Tribisky, Hopkins for I forget who etc.. blatant tanking. I contacted him and gave a warning and he asked where it was written.  I sent him a copy of of the bylaws (again) highlighted the clause and he flipped out and said he quit the league right then.  Thing is, even if someone is an ass...the rules are the rules.  You agree to play by them, live by them, be ejected by them.

Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 pm

WELCOME

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Welcome to RW. Glad you're here Rueben. I'm also curious to hear how you found us.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

How I found this league.

It started about 8 months ago. I found some dialect I had never encountered before detailing the "city of sin". It described defunct semi anti social group of people with a common love of men dressing up in tight clothing and chasing each other in hopes of being able to wrap their arms around each other.

I consulted the sentient being known as Google. Google informed me that this underground cult is wide spread and actually has tiers of greatness. Alas, it was vague and hardly provided the insight and direction i needed. Some young travelers told me of a thing call Twitter...something to do with birds and social connectivity. I found a jumble mess of information and well frankly slightly intimidating amount of information. None the less, I persisted in my quest.

Eventually, I mastered the twitter text and followed great prophets in realm of Dynasty Football. These prophets and their podding of casts opened up a great flow of information. Among this information I seen one man call out that he had a league like to no other. Thus began my journey here, where I have found the defunct and obsessive.
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:
a common love of men dressing up in tight clothing and chasing each other in hopes of being able to wrap their arms around each other.

There you go guys.  He's Greg's friend.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
AwesomeSauce wrote:
a common love of men dressing up in tight clothing and chasing each other in hopes of being able to wrap their arms around each other.

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Imagee11

done.

surprised surprised surprised  LMFAO  surprised surprised surprised

Don't be shocked Rob.  I read bathroom graffiti all the time.  That advertising works! vote yes

See, I told you this works! vote yes

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
AwesomeSauce wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 pm

AwesomeSauce wrote:
How I found this league.

It started about 8 months ago.  I found some dialect I had never encountered before detailing the "city of sin".  It described defunct semi anti social group of people with a common love of men dressing up in tight clothing and chasing each other in hopes of being able to wrap their arms around each other.

I consulted the sentient being known as Google.  Google informed me that this underground cult is wide spread and actually has tiers of greatness.  Alas, it was vague and hardly provided the insight and direction i needed.  Some young travelers told me of a thing call Twitter...something to do with birds and  social connectivity.  I found a jumble mess of information and well frankly slightly intimidating amount of information. None the less, I persisted in my quest.

Eventually, I mastered the twitter text and followed great prophets in realm of Dynasty Football.  These prophets and their podding of casts opened up a great flow of information.  Among this information I seen one man call out that he had a league like to no other.   Thus began my journey here, where I have found the defunct and obsessive.

No fuckin way! I used THE TWITTER earlier and it actually worked!?!? I still hardly understand that shit and after a few years have seen very little from it when I've tried but low and behold here we are...that shit can work. I think I should TWIT that I would like a bag of money and see if this lucky streak has legs.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Hopefully we get a photo of you soon.  It's kind of important for us around here . . .

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:55 pm

I take credit for Rueben, he saw my tweet. laughing

Well written brother.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well written brother.

Maybe it was my tweet!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well written brother.

Maybe it was my tweet!

Too late, already called it. laughing

Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

LOL!!

Welcome man, like the folks before have already said get involved it's the best way to see if you are a fit for us and if we are for you. Hands down you wont find another league like RW.

What did you do in the big ol Navy? We all know who was responsible for that Sky penis fiasco in here.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 am

I did aviation work for 3 years, then K9 (bomb detection) for about 9. Navy flies high!!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:19 am

A face and new team name...yay! party3

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Nice to meet you Rueben. Hope you enjoy your time here. You’ll be spending a lot of it here now.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigsilverbacks
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Im,married with 3 kids what else would i have time for lol?!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Welcome Rueben, I like that you dont care which team you get and you want more of a challenge if offered a team.

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Welcome!!

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Sigkni10
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:33 am

Rueben has entered the interrogation room.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 am

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Giphy

Back to top Go down
Phoenix Krakens

Phoenix Krakens

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 am

Bring the chains please.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 am

Make him “Krak”!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)   Phoenix Krakens (Rueben) Empty

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Krakens (Rueben)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: