:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Recruitment 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

Just a FYI, the link thats provided on the MLF site doesn't work.... send you to a network area page.  I clicked the banner at the bottom to get in, but if a guy doesn't try that, then they will never figure it out.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm

So I should mention some stuff about now...

I am always working on the interrogation process and trying to learn from past experiences and one glaring change that our newest 3 members have just endured is a longer process to get approval. I'm sure it was torture for them and some of our veteran owners might have wondered what the holdup was so I'll let you know now to expect similar or longer in the future.

As always, if you have feedback on this process for me, just shoot me an email and I'd love to hear it. The biggest takeaway I got from last year into 2018 was that if the process is too quick it's easy for someone to look like they get it when they really don't...by slowing it down I get a better sense of "the fit" and that hopefully should translate into less turnover in the future.

These latest 3 prospects have absolutely crushed it and it felt dirty waiting this long but I needed to...others might have longer waits in the future..we'll see and it'll be a case by case basis.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:35 pm

3 down, 4 more to go

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks, Andy. Can’t wait for RR to get back to 100 percent so we can tradz.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:

Until it's been a month you zip it...prospects must be pushed, poked and prodded until I KNOW they belong here. I don't want to deal any more ________ or ________ like I did with _______ and ________ or especially _________.

Ya feel me bitch?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Press F5 if you don't see green avatars for the newest Minor League owners btw.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Ya feel me bitch?

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Until it's been a month you zip it...prospects must be pushed, poked and prodded until I KNOW they belong here.  I don't want to deal any more ________ or ________ like I did with _______ and ________ or especially _____greg____.

Ya feel me bitch?

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

I know Im knew, I am just super excited to be fully in with my team in place.  So I ask, with the 3 accepted today, that puts us at 5 and in need of 2 right?

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:
I know Im knew, I am just super excited to be fully in with my team in place.  So I ask, with the 3 accepted today, that puts us at 5 and in need of 2 right?

I like the level of excitement.... Pretty sure its 2 more and then the selection of teams, and then the dispersal drafts for both conferences.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:

I like the level of excitement.... Pretty sure its 2 more and then the selection of teams, and then the dispersal drafts for both conferences.

Man throw a dart at a dartboard, just give me the team. I'm ready to rock.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 pm

So RE: Dispersal Draft. Do the contracts come with the players? Or will players be given new contracts?

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Think they gotta take the contracts on where they stand....

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:53 pm

extra element to the dispersal draft managing those years while also considering upcoming RFA... Should be fun to watch...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Fear not, we've done the dispersal thing before so when the time is right and all the participants are known....I will lay it all out in the right place for all to consume. Doing so NOW and HERE isn't the way to go.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 am

Fear not, we've done the dispersal thing before so when the time is right and all the participants are known....I will lay it all out in the right place for all to consume.  Doing so NOW and HERE isn't the way to go.

We are getting close to closing the gap!

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 am

Fear not, we've done the dispersal thing before so when the time is right and all the participants are known....I will lay it all out in the right place for all to consume.  Doing so NOW and HERE isn't the way to go.

Copy that...be patient on the details on dispersal. May be the same answer for this question, but is there a way or place for the new owners to see what players will be available to start doing our homework? coffee

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 am

Coachella Tremors wrote:

Copy that...be patient on the details on dispersal.  May be the same answer for this question, but is there a way or place for the new owners to see what players will be available to start doing our homework? coffee

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=67922&O=07
You can toggle between conferences at top of page.

Mongols, Ravens, Viktors and Afterglow in PP
Nukes, Werewolves and Cobras in RR

I'm not trying to mess with you guys but just don't want to get elaborate on the details multiple times because we haven't gotten all 7 participants yet. Basic idea: All assets will be pooled AS-IS and drafted. Warbucks, players (with contracts) and draft picks WITHIN CONFERENCES.

Stay tuned. All details come when we're at that point AND we'll make sure all parties are ready to go.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:47 am

Make complete sense...thanks Andy

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:18 am

I need some help. The words I have strung together on the twitter and on a few message boards haven't brought enough prospects to fill the Minor League yet. Instead of piling on to my threads on those message boards, if any of you could make an effort to unearth some quality people I would be very appreciative.

pray

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 am

I need some help.  The words I have strung together on the twitter and on a few message boards haven't brought enough prospects to fill the Minor League yet.  Instead of piling on to my threads on those message boards, if any of you could make an effort to unearth some quality people I would be very appreciative.

pray
I've reached out to a few guys with no luck.  Good owners, but I think it overwhelmed them when they took a look.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 am

I am reaching out to a few high quality guys I know

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:54 am

I've reached out to a few as well with no luck, but I will keep trying.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 am

It never crossed my mind that one day we'd be big and scary. Haha

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:39 am

I'm reaching out to a good buddy. He would be a great addition so I'll see if I can get him here and then Andy can work his magic.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:40 am

Maybe the Winnipeg Brew Crew and/or Beacon Hill Badgers may be interested again.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Just an Idea here. But if Mike (Midwest Marauders) works out, we then need 1 team. I think its important we have the Dispersal sooner before the NFL gets further into their offseason. Also minor league might be getting bored because lack of trade partners lol.
So I was thinking, we have the dispersal draft with a Major league Owner managing one team. Then if another manager emerges, they take over that drafted team, if not the Major league manager owns the team for the season and we try for a new owner in the offseason next year. Just a thought, plz be nice if you don't like it. I have feelings too.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 am

Just an Idea here.  But if Mike (Midwest Marauders) works out, we then need 1 team.  I think its important we have the Dispersal sooner before the NFL gets further into their offseason. Also minor league might be getting bored because lack of trade partners lol.
So I was thinking, we have the dispersal draft with a Major league Owner managing one team.  Then if another manager emerges, they take over that drafted team, if not the Major league manager owns the team for the season and we try for a new owner in the offseason next year.  Just a thought, plz be nice if you don't like it. I have feelings too.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 am

Looking forward to responses on this one!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I'll agree that it would be nice to get the dispersal done sooner than later, but I'd also like to find a committed owner that fits in well here and will stick around. I really would not want to have a temporary Main League owner draft someone else's team.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Yeah I get being excited but I'm not sure what the rush is. It's February. I know I'd be less interested in a team someone else got to draft in the dispersal than getting to draft it myself.

Trust me- I wish I had more teams to send offers out to but I don't see any harm in waiting it out a bit longer

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Yeah I get being excited but I'm not sure what the rush is.  It's February.  I know I'd be less interested in a team someone else got to draft in the dispersal than getting to draft it myself.

Trust me- I wish I had more teams to send offers out to but I don't see any harm in waiting it out a bit longer
I'm not saying lets do this tomorrow. This isn't about patients, this is about March 6th when teams can franchise their players and March 14th when Free agency starts. In my mind, it is necessary that we have the draft before the 6th and definitley before march 14th.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Andy can always change dates for deadlines. He has always stated that the minors aren't not the big league. With a push of a button he can move shit back a week or two if need be.

FWIW I want to get started soon too but we had some bad eggs last year and it would be nice to not get someone like that again. Setting someone up in a situation that differs from the other 23 members in the minors could be a leg for a bad egg to stand on. Do eggs have legs?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Yeah I get being excited but I'm not sure what the rush is.  It's February.  I know I'd be less interested in a team someone else got to draft in the dispersal than getting to draft it myself.

I'm not saying lets do this tomorrow.  This isn't about patients, this is about March 6th when teams can franchise their players and March 14th when Free agency starts.  In my mind, it is necessary that we have the draft before the 6th and definitley  before march 14th.
I'm not the Pres so I don't know for sure - but those things may also be on hold until all owners are replaced

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Do eggs have legs?

Once they hatch, they do!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Do eggs have legs?

Once they hatch, they do!

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Yah so I was talking about the real NFL, I guess it don't matter too much.  Maybe kind of an advantage to guys in the dispersal draft to know if a guy has been signed or not. Might affect that guy going to free agency in RW or getting drafted in dispersal. Egga are cool,  I like eggs, how about you!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:36 pm

I like eggs, how about you!

You bet!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:38 pm

sick

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm

What....The.....FUCK.....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 pm

The Minor League will completely be on hold until we get the owners we need. Everyone will be in the same boat in terms of where the NFL is at whatever point we are doing league functions. We need two quality owners....ready....set....go find em!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 pm

That egg thing is disgusting. This is such a frustrating time of the year. We need the NFL combine to start so we can get excited again.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm

You bet!

I dry heaved just looking at this!

Besides recruiting Mike (Midwest Marauders), I may have another person that would fit in. I'll reach out to him and gauge his interest. FWIW I'm completely fine with holding out for the right owners for the Minors. Spending another month or 2 looking for the best fit now will save headaches trying to fill spots again next year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Yep, make sure you get a good owner, then presume the offseason. It will happen in good time.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Back to top Go down
mikemccaleb

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Cyclone City Falcons wrote:

You bet!

I dry heaved just looking at this!

Besides recruiting Mike (Midwest Marauders), I may have another person that would fit in. I'll reach out to him and gauge his interest. FWIW I'm completely fine with holding out for the right owners for the Minors. Spending another month or 2 looking for the best fit now will save headaches trying to fill spots again next year.

It should be known that I'm a 6'+ redhead that love Neil Diamond. That would practically be like having a unicorn in the league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment 2018   

Back to top Go down

Recruitment 2018
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: