HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Chad Johnson WR FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Looks like Chad may have finally figured out the playbook!
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I bet he follows Haynesworth
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:07 pm

He's definitely been the forgotten man. I mean come on... How long does it take to understand a new playbook as a WR. I know timing takes time, but routes are routes and the ability to read coverages doesn't change. Randy Moss didn't have these issues adapting to the Patriot way. Major bummer from Ocho Cinco as I was thinking having a QB better than Palmer would reinvigorate his career. Man was I wrong.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

As a avid fan of Chad, it was great to see him get his TD this week. I really am not sure what has caused him to not appear this year.

I just think the guy catches way too much flack from non-fans for his antics. He has never done things to be a dick to anyone. It was always in fun. The NFL took it, made a rule to stop it and somehow Chad is the asshole.

I am not saying he is perfect by any means, but he sure deserves better than he has received.

Had he come in as a Patriot...who knows. I totally believe the Bengals could have ruined him...time wasted and bad environment for too long.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Hell, I love his antics. Then again, I've always been the biggest T.O. fan too.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Yeah, how can you hate this guy? I mean, c'mon, he even made a guest appearance on The League! rock on
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 am

Child Please!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

lol3
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:07 am

I heard on the radio today that he is a top candidate for the Pro Bowl. What a joke the Pro Bowl is.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:33 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I heard on the radio today that he is a top candidate for the Pro Bowl. What a joke the Pro Bowl is.

That can't be right. I suspect that you either heard wrong or more likely the radio is the joke. I like Chad but he is not going to the ProBowl.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 pm

A guy I work with told me Chad was going to be the top scoring WR in fantasy football this season, before the season started...I give him shit about it every chance I get....
Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
A guy I work with told me Chad was going to be the top scoring WR in fantasy football this season, before the season started...I give him shit about it every chance I get....

WOW -- now that's a bad preseason prediction. I don't mind ochocinco, not a fan of him wearing a Pats uniform rant

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:37 am

This really goes to show people how good Randy Moss really is. The Patriots as a whole and the offense in this case is really geared for Cerebral athletes. Moss was a friggen' monster in that system and if he would have kept his mouth shut he would have still been on the Pats today.

Chad isn't a bad WR even now and the physical skills are still there but let's be honest. He doesn't have enough upstairs to break the bad habits he gained those last years in Cincy and learn the Pats system.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 am

good point Jay about Moss.

I still love Chad as a person for the NFL though. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere next season as I think he's one of the good guys

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:18 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
good point Jay about Moss.

I still love Chad as a person for the NFL though. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere next season as I think he's one of the good guys

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Amen sister. Chad Johnson hopefully will sign on and prosper next season somewhere. Cinci killed him.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:14 pm

What happened to him? Early in his career he was literally sleeping in the facility. All of a sudden he became this player who cared more about dancing than his craft. TO was a TD Dance guy but he worked his tail off. Prime Time was all about his image but he was on the field the best shut down corner of his time.

It had to be more than the losing that affected him

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:58 pm

I think things just spiraled for him. Guy was doing great and having fun. NFL decides to stop his fun with retarded rules for no reason. Cincinnati is a black hole and will be til that douche Mike Brown goes away. Chad changed his name to circumvent NFLshop rules. Things continue to get worse. Chris Henry passes away. Things get worse. Chad tries to force himself out. It doesn't work and things get much worse. Many people start acting like he is a TO type cancer which is bullshit.

He goes to NE completely filled to the brim with Cinci-shit-natti crap and its like oil and water apparently.

Guy is good dude...I would be so happy if he got to catch a TD in the SB and get a ring. Not how it should have happened but he should have one.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Chad Ochocinco celebrates first Super Bowl with extravagant gift to teammates

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html

Quote :
As the New England Patriots make that long, harrowing, three-hour trip from Boston to Indianapolis for the Super Bowl, they can do it in engrossed in their music. That's thanks to a gift from receiver Chad Ochocinco, who is participating in the first Super Bowl in his career.

The Boston Herald reports that Ochocinco dropped around $28,000 on Beats by Dre Headphones for every member of the team. The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the team produce a "clean, yet forceful sound."

Wes Welker thinks the team needs to tune out distractions:

"The game is the most important thing and all I really look forward to and concentrate on," WR Wes Welker said. "Everything else is just kinda noise. I think the fun part is really arriving there and getting away from everything and really concentrating on the game and the task at hand."

Which makes the gifts perfect, because of their noise-canceling quality.

They are also capable of connecting to each other, meaning that the whole team can be connected and listening to the same song, but Bill Belichick won't be forced to listen to those darn kids' music. The headphones elicited excited tweets from Ochocinco's teammates, who thanked him for his kindness and shared pictures of the gift.

The headphones are the second gift bestowed on the Patriots this week. On Friday, UGGs and its spokesman, Tom Brady, gave the entire team a pair of boots.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:41 pm

should be a bout 5 minutes til someone turns this around to be some sort of negative on Chad
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 am

dude is awesome.

Before the Lions got Titus Young in the draft, I thought Chad would have been perfect as the deep compliment to Calvin.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

I would love if Ochocinco blows up and has a big game tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Patriots | Chad Ochocinco restructures his contract (KFFL) New England Patriots WR Chad Ochocinco has agreed to restructure his contract and will make a base salary of $1 million this season. He was originally scheduled to make $3 million this season.

Does he or Branch not make the 52

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Based on last year, Chad gets cut. Branch was pretty handy in spurts...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Does it matter?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Competing with Gonzalez and Stallworth he might keep a roster spot!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:24 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Competing with Gonzalez and Stallworth he might keep a roster spot!

vote yes

I still like ya Chad!
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm guessing he still gets cut. Branch is infinitely more useful than Chad because Branch knows where he's supposed to be and when. Chad never figured that out. I suppose it's possible with a full season and off-season under his belt he finishes out the system, but I'm guessing he joins the long line of wide receivers that could not grasp the mental aspect of the Patriots offense.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 pm

If I were Chad, I would have refused a pay cut in order to get released. At best he'll be the third receiver on a team that should rarely be fielding more than 2 WRs. With Gronk, Hernandez, and Vereen/Ridley/Woodhead why would you ever put Chad on the field?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I think he generally likes being in the organization, and probably is telling himself that he can figure things out and get on the field. We'll see, he's hardly a lock to make the roster.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:49 pm

I to think he will be cut down the road.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 am

Jewelry...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Quote :
Chad Ochocinco's career with the Patriots ended just as strangely and abruptly as it started.

NFL Network's Albert Breer confirmed Thursday, via a source with knowledge of the situation, that the Patriots released Ochocinco after trying to trade him throughout the day.

ESPN first reported Ochocinco's release. The team later confirmed the move in a release.

Earlier Thursday, a report emerged that Ochocinco left the Patriots' facility suddenly. It was later reported that he had an "eye appointment." Ochocinco's next appointment likely will be to the airport to visit another team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829a5baa/article/chad-ochocinco-released-by-new-england-patriots?module=HP11_breaking_news

Think he signs on anywhere or is he done?

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:19 pm

I wonder what Arena Football team grabs him now

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Awww poor Ocho. I doubt any team picks him up.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 pm

I think someone signs him. He has some physical ability left. Just didn't know how to learn a playbook. I think they kept him around this long to see if he showed up this year with everything figured out, and obviously he didn't.

He changed his Twitter bio to "UNEMPLOYED BLACK GUY" already, lol.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 pm

I like Chad. I wonder what his career would have been had Cincinnati not wasted so much of it.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 pm

This guy is awesome. Hopefully he finds a team with a simpler playbook...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Can he learn this playbook?

"G'Day Welcome to Walmart" ... laughing

This dood is finished IMO. He may catch on somewhere and post 350 yds on 25 or 30 catches. Then again he may just slink into retirement, with no big send off and no fan fare. Just a quite and silent exit.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 am

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Rotoworld) CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Dolphins will work out free agent Chad Ochocinco this coming week. Analysis: Ochocinco wants to play for the Fins, and there seems to be at least some mutual interest. For a guess on what it might cost to sign Ochocinco, Lee Evans inked a one-year, $1.497 million contract with the Jaguars in April. The deal included a $250,000 signing bonus, with nearly $200,000 available through weekly in-season bonuses pending Evans is on Jags' game-by-game roster.

Perfect crash landing if it happens. OCHOSTINKO done

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2544/chad-ochocinco

Quote :
Chad Ochocinco's website is reporting that he has signed with the Dolphins.
There's been no official word from the team, but it appears that the two sides have come to terms. Ochocinco is far from a lock to make the 53-man roster, but the Dolphins have a major void at the position. If he does make the team, it's plausible that he'd open the season in the starting lineup. No longer a threat as an impact, every-down player, he's worth no more than a late-round flier in fantasy drafts. Jun 11 - 8:22 PM

Well, we'll see how that goes.....maybe the Fins think they have their WR?????

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:00 pm

From Brandon Marshall to Ochocinco... what a cluster.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Quote :
Chad Ochocinco legally changed his last name back to Johnson Monday.

With his career spiraling downward rapidly, the Ochocinco era has sputtered out after four years. Johnson previously said that the name change is part of "getting back to the basics, going back to the root of how it all started." We'll get a good look at his battle to claim a starting wideout spot during Hard Knocks, but fantasy owners shouldn't have high hopes with Johnson turning 35 in January.

still a loser

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Bring on hardknocks, Chad is great entertainment.

Have you guys seen the shot of him standing while the cheerleaders ran past saying "call me, call me...."

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Guy is great

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
Chad Ochocinco legally changed his last name back to Johnson Monday.

With his career spiraling downward rapidly, the Ochocinco era has sputtered out after four years. Johnson previously said that the name change is part of "getting back to the basics, going back to the root of how it all started." We'll get a good look at his battle to claim a starting wideout spot during Hard Knocks, but fantasy owners shouldn't have high hopes with Johnson turning 35 in January.

still a loser

No way.. dude is awesome on so many levels.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Maybe off the field but nothing on the field has ever impressed me. Just another Diva player who only cared about himself and his own image.

Tell me one instance when he actually cared about his team or helped his team out?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Not a Bengal fan by any stretch, but I'm sure knowing how awesome he is off the field that there has to be instances where he gave himself for the team... Just doesn't seem logical to me.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Everything Chad has ever done has been in the name of fun...and when fun people are around you that is a good thing. He has never done anything malicious to anyone that I have ever seen and while he isn't the greatest player ever or anything, he certainly looked badass in 2007 (or was it 05?) and no way will someone convince me that was all Palmer. That team just clicked. As for the negatives of his game, even the person who dislikes Chad the most has to recognize that the Bengals organization certainly didn't do him any favors.

Chad is a good guy and he gets way too much flack.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chad Johnson WR FA   

Back to top Go down

Chad Johnson WR FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: