x

Share | 

Washington Redskins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 am

Ryan Grant will never see the field. When are people going to admit Shanny loves Alfred Morris and is going to feed him the ball all year long.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Ryan Grant will never see the field. When are people going to admit Shanny loves Alfred Morris and is going to feed him the ball all year long.

I will admit that Shanny is batshit crazy but beyond that I can guarantee or admit nothing.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I agree 100%... Shanny loves Morris and the kid has been awesome! lol

Yea yea, a little late.

But I just want to tip my hat to Shanny and the entire Redskin organization. They finally made some GOOD signings this off season and have that franchise going in the right direction. They can only hope that defenses don't catch up to RG3 next year, like they have to Cam this year.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Going to win the Division.

Has the Domination already begun??????

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Quote :
Redskins officials have told people in the league that they are considering going to court to seek an injunction that would hold up the start of free agency or threatening that move in a bid to bolster their negotiating leverage with the league. Those conversations were confirmed by two people with knowledge of them.
Both said that the Redskins have compelling arguments they could make in an attempt to convince a judge that they would suffer irreparable harm if they are not granted an injunction. But others familiar with the case have said they don’t believe the Redskins have legal arguments that weren’t already considered, and rejected, by an arbitrator.

Really?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Better not hold up the start of free agency! That would suck!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm

I know it won't be popular but good. The redskins and cowboys were completely fucked by Mara and his cheating ass with this penalty, and it just so happened to be on the verge of free agency for us. I'm glad they're making the league take notice and giving them back exactly what was dished to the skins because until now everyone seemed fine just to let them get away with it. I doubt this will change anything if it even goes anywhere but I'm glad to hear they're not just taking it without a fight

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

This team is a mess right now... Its not all coaching though... RGIII is not as good as advertised and they may have the absolute worst defense and special teams in the entire NFL... last season looks more and more like an apparition...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 pm

It's all so fucking depressing. My biggest takeaway is that Shanahan is a complete piece of shit, and he may have destroyed RG3's career. It is a load of crap that he is blaming Snyder for the things he is saying. Snyder has been hands-off with the team since Shanahan took over, and other players are saying that they don't see the preferential treatment that Shanahan is supposedly saying exists. The truth to me appears to be that Shanahan just fucked the team, and then couldn't fix it so he is using Snyder's reputation as a scapegoat.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:38 pm

I think the blame can go all around.

1) Snyder is a Terrible Owner, always has been, always will be.
2) RGiii is a good QB playing on a still wonky wheel. His WR's are okay, but nothing to get excited about.
3) Shanny is well Shanny. Overall a pretty decent coach. Ain't the best, but there are plenty that are worse.
4) That D is CRAP!
5) The only thing crappier than the D is there Special Teams!!! Fitting name as I think most of them must take the "special bus" aka the "short one" to games and meetings.
6) When your D and ST suck this bad I don't care who is the OC, HC or QB. Shit ain't gonna work well.
7) When shit ain't working well, only one things goes up, and that is ticks in the Loss column.

Summation,
Want to fix the Skins. Fire the Owner! Short of that, buy lots of booze cause tough times are here.
Welcome to Washington. Land of the brave, and home of the idiot.

2cents opinion and I actually want money back ...  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 am

Shanahan is out. Apparently with his entire staff

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:34 am

Hope he gets out of the NFL. Never liked him.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:29 am

Gruden it is

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Gruden it is

What's the over/under before he's out? Can do it in terms of games or wins?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Interesting to see how this works. West Coast offense for RG3. Hmmmmm

They were saying on NFL Radio today that he was the reason that the Bungles took Dalton over Kaepernick. He felt that Dalton was a much better fit for the West Coast style.

RG3 seems better suited for Read Option, not West Coast.

But what do I know.

0-12

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Interesting to see how this works. West Coast offense for RG3. Hmmmmm

They were saying on NFL Radio today that he was the reason that the Bungles took Dalton over Kaepernick. He felt that Dalton was a much better fit for the West Coast style.

RG3 seems better suited for Read Option, not West Coast.

But what do I know.

0-12

Even at 0 and 12 you know more, wait strike that. You have forgotten more than Snyder will ever know.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Aside from it just being Snyder, this one is a head scratcher to me. I don't really get the appeal of Gruden's resume.

I also read somewhere that this was the 12th job he's interviewed for over the past two years. Makes you wonder if he's not a great interview. Must be heart-warming for the Skins fans to know that they've got someone that that many teams passed on already.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Aside from it just being Snyder, this one is a head scratcher to me. I don't really get the appeal of Gruden's resume.

I also read somewhere that this was the 12th job he's interviewed for over the past two years. Makes you wonder if he's not a great interview. Must be heart-warming for the Skins fans to know that they've got someone that that many teams passed on already.

Maybe tomorrow Snyder will realize that the J.Gruden he signed is indeed Jay Gruden and not Jon and will promptly fire all involved.  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:04 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Maybe tomorrow Snyder will realize that the J.Gruden he signed is indeed Jay Gruden and not Jon and will promptly fire all involved.  Laughing 

Hahahahahaha

Even if Jay does an alright job of offense that defense will still be horrible.......at least they have the number two pick.......wait.
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Great hire... for the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants!

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 am

Heard their offensive coordinator is only 27 thats crazy! Has to be a record.

Back to top Go down
gridirongamer

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:53 am

MatthewL763 wrote:
Heard their offensive coordinator is only 27 thats crazy! Has to be a record.

Wow! That is crazy young to have such a high profile job in the NFL. I don't know what the record for youngest coordinator is, but the record for youngest head coach is 31 by Lane Kiffin and we know how that worked out.

I just read that there are currently 17 Redskins players older than Sean McVay.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

So the US Patent Office cancelled the trademarks on the Redskins.  Only a matter of time before the name change commeth now.  Once the team starts bleeding hundreds of millions in merch it'll be a quick change.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:09 am

This irks me a little.  They had no business forcing the issue this way....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:03 am

Yeah, this is a steaming pile of dung.... Our government is so fucked up...

If being forced to change their name, I think Snider should go with the Washington Terrorists!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:25 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Yeah,  this is a steaming pile of dung....   Our government is so fucked up...

If being forced to change their name,  I think Snider should go with the Washington Terrorists!

He'd lose fans and money going that way too. Nobody is going to wear shit that says Terrorists on it. At this point I just want the debacle to be over. I think it's shitty that the government feels the need to strong arm the team but this doesn't look like a fight he's going to win. Try and make the best out of a bad situation at this point.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:06 pm

More government intervention on something they have absolutely no right intervening in. What about the Chicago Blackhawks? Are they going to be forced to change their name? Or better yet how about the fucking state of Oklahoma? You know what the meaning of Oklahoma is in the native Choctaw? Red people. You can't make this shit up. The name of a state that literally means 'red people' is okay, but a fucking NFL football franchise named 'Redskins' isn't.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Fuck our government! Unless the new name is super badass I will continue to call them the Redskins the same way stupid guilty white cunts have been lately referring to them as "Washingtons franchise" to demonstrate how "evolved" they are. I have yet to hear one motherfucking American Indian person say a thing about this bothering them.

Dear supercunts that are making an issue of this, where were you in 1995? Oh yeah, fuckin not saying shit about this very thing. Idiots.

Good news. We are apparently out of meaningful problems so rejoice!!!!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Yeah,  this is a steaming pile of dung....   Our government is so fucked up...

If being forced to change their name,  I think Snider should go with the Washington Terrorists!

Name it after the "Chief" Fuck Up, no pun intended.
Hell, it could be a every 4 to 8 year thing.

Lets start with the "Washington Obumblers"

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:37 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Good news.  We are apparently out of meaningful problems so rejoice!!!!

You mean like:

1) The IRS scandal
2) Iraq
3) Immigrants walking over the border
4) Syria
5) Iran
6) Russia
7) The economy
8) The false unemployment numbers
9) Benghazi
10) Obamacare

should I continue?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Laughing  Here we go:

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Or they could keep the name and change the logo:

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:04 pm

you can't trademark a potato!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:20 pm

I think all the "White Skins" claiming the name "Redskins" is offensive should be taken out of this world. Does that make me racist?  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 am

This surprises me. I can't believe that people think the name should remain. There is evidence dating back to the 60's that people felt the name was disparaging. Hell, I remember when Miami OH (university) changed their name because of it.

It's disparaging, it's crude and completely unnecessary. I'm glad the PTO took this step. I'd have been even happier if the NFL had taken the step. For all the talk of "protecting the shield," I'm surprised that the business decision, not to mention the moral decision, hasn't been made.

As for other team names that are disparaging. I'm not sure about the MLB franchises, but I'm pretty sure the Blackhawks are named after a single man. For a trademark to be "disparaging" and subject to cancellation, a wide range of folks must be currently impacted. Redskins is a racial slur that impacts Native Americans today. Blackhawks refer to a single Chief (if I'm remembering correctly) who died ages ago.

Personally, if I was leading Cleveland or Atlanta, I'd be investigating changing my name too.

I'm not sure I understand why folks who think this shouldn't be changed are so married to the name. I mean, is it because it impacts Native Americans and not a larger minority group? Cripes, things change all the time and usually for the better.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 am

Quote :
On May 3, 2014, the Braves wore the Black Crackers jerseys in a game against the San Francisco Giants.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:33 am

Brad,

I am not tied to a name, I am anti PCing EVERYTHING in this world.... Tell me how the word Redskins affect anyone's life directly and we will talk.  Otherwise, if you do not like then name do not root for the team.  

The ruling in the 90s got this right, if the name is so offensive why were they not making a bigger stink in the 60's? Yeah, Awanatu and his brother complained but that was it until the PC era we live in now. The last PTO case was overruled in the 90s.  It took them until 2006 to file another case. Just to prove this point there are over a dozen high schools ON RESERVATIONS with the Redskins mascot....

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Having been born and raised in Cleveland, I can tell you that Chief Wahoo would piss me off if I was Native American. The logo has the indian with completely red skin and a giant crooked nose. The term "indian" to me isn't racist, but the logo of the Tribe is. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Brad,

I am not tied to a name, I am anti PCing EVERYTHING in this world.... Tell me how the word Redskins affect anyone's life directly and we will talk.  Otherwise, if you do not like then name do not root for the team.  

The ruling in the 90s got this right, if the name is so offensive why were they not making a bigger stink in the 60's? Yeah, Awanatu and his brother complained but that was it until the PC era we live in now. The last PTO case was overruled in the 90s.  It took them until 2006 to file another case. Just to prove this point there are over a dozen high schools ON RESERVATIONS with the Redskins mascot....

This.

Granted I have never bothered to look, but I am yet to see an actual American Indian say dick about this...all I have seen is white people screaming about how offensive it is which goes on WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too damn much these days. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, there is very little racism these days in America. Most of what is referred to as racism is more about other factors than actual race-based issues. Funny how there isn't a huge fucking outcry about the racist horseshit that goes on in other communities (for example the black community) in regards to assclowns like Jesse Jackson (and whoever else) when they only show up to cry racism when something happens to an African-American....how do people think that would play out today if I showed up to only incidents that involved Caucasians and cried racism? It would be absurd wouldn't it? White people are constantly accused of shit and in 2014 it's fuckin pitiful. None of us owned a slave, none of us had shit to do with what went on in this countries distant past so white people TODAY shouldn't feel guilty about fuckin piss and people who say we should should be taken out back and executed. Everyone should man up and take responsibility for their life and leave everyone else alone. I believe we have enough role models in every community/religion/race to prove that if you work hard or do whatever you can fuckin excel...so if someone isn't doing well they should probably look in the fucking mirror or go punch their shitty parents or figure out what other factors are involved instead of pointing a finger at some motherfucker that has nothing to do with your shit....

What the hell is this thread about again?  Laughing 

Oh yeah, the Redskins...you know what, get 10,000 signatures (FROM AMERICAN-INDIANS) that state they find it offensive and then go ahead and change it but any white persons opinion on the matter shouldn't be considered even for a bloody second. I am against THAT shit. This team name wasn't an issue 10 years ago or 20 years ago so everyone can just fuck off.

If they do change the name, I hope they call the team PUSSY CRACKERS because if there is in fact a racism aspect to the current name, obviously we need to be punished and put in our time of being discriminated against.  lol 2 

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:30 pm

The thing that bothers me most is that a panel of people, on whim- due to public pressure- decided to pull the patent because of their own interpretation.  That's bullshit.  That isn't their job.  Just more liberals legislating from the bench.  They are there to enforce the law, not create law.  That's why there is congress.  

Don't we know what happens when politicians rule on public opinion?  Just look at Iraq.

Anyhow, there was a 2004 poll done on the Redskin name.  The study followed 1,000 Native Americans and asked if the Redskin name was offensive.  90% said no.  90%.

http://www.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org/redskins-question-in-2004-annenberg-study-cited-anew-in-controversy/

" 2004 National Annenberg Election Survey question on whether the name of the Washington Redskins is offensive to Native Americans is in the news amid renewed national debate over whether the pro football team should change its name. In a letter to fans published in the Washington Post on Wednesday, Oct. 9, team owner Daniel Snyder cited the survey as key evidence in support of the name. “The highly respected Annenberg Public Policy Center polled nearly 1,000 self-identified Native Americans from across the continental U.S. and found that 90% of Native Americans did not find the team name ‘Washington Redskins’ to be ‘offensive,’ ” Snyder wrote."

I don't think anyone can argue that the Washington Redskins are not using that term in a derogatory manner at all.

Lastly, it bothers me to no end that teams are changing their mascots and team names just because it is based upon some chief. Who cares! How can Chief Illiniwek or Chief Noc-A-Homa be offensive? Seriously, WTF.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Having been born and raised in Cleveland, I can tell you that Chief Wahoo would piss me off if I was Native American.  The logo has the indian with completely red skin and a giant crooked nose.  The term "indian" to me isn't racist, but the logo of the Tribe is.  Just my opinion.

confused 

Indians wore red face paint before a battle. That's a fact. How can the Cleveland Indian logo be "racist" because the dude was red and had a crooked nose? Maybe Indians had large crooked noses, so what. Perhaps, he's red because they are going into "battle" (aka a game). So what.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm a Viking and I'm offended by the depiction of my ancestors with their long braided hair.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I'm a Viking and I'm offended by the depiction of my ancestors with their long braided hair.  

Truth.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm

I think if they do change the name they should keep the logo and make it the 'Washington Americans.' That way it pisses everyone off equally!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I think if they do change the name they should keep the logo and make it the 'Washington Americans.'  That way it pisses everyone off equally!

I'll take it a step further. Keep the logo and use this as the team name ... Washington NATIVE P.C. Americans

:devil:

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

I know you're joking, but the term "vikings" doesn't represent a people, it basically represents a particular occupation (pirates) of a particular people (Scandinavians). So unless you have traveled by boat and raided a village lately, you sir, are no viking.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
Having been born and raised in Cleveland, I can tell you that Chief Wahoo would piss me off if I was Native American.  The logo has the indian with completely red skin and a giant crooked nose.  The term "indian" to me isn't racist, but the logo of the Tribe is.  Just my opinion.

confused 

Indians wore red face paint before a battle.  That's a fact. How can the Cleveland Indian logo be "racist" because the dude was red and had a crooked nose?  Maybe Indians had large crooked noses, so what.  Perhaps, he's red because they are going into "battle" (aka a game).  So what.

It's a caricature of what white people think Indians are like. If their logo was a black guy with emphasized facial features biting into a watermelon we'd have a race war. Not to mention the origins of the term "Indian," which basically immortalizes a stupid name a white guy came up with when he didn't know what side of the planet he was on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington Redskins   

Back to top Go down

Washington Redskins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: