Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Full transparency

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:54 am

I just wanted to make all aware of a unique situation in case it should ever come up again in the future.

As many well know, Derrick (Littleton Silverballers) is not a fan of draft picks and looks for proven talent first. Because of this, he doesn't tend to be carrying a wallet full of high draft picks very often and currently he's very low in this regard. This caused a conversation between members of the Insurance Company and myself and ultimately between Derrick and myself this morning.

Derrick has no intention of going anywhere any time soon but he understands how the league could be left hanging if the wrong turn of events were to occur so he has agreed to set aside an additional $50 insurance funds on his franchise. It is reserved in his account and not added to the Insurance money and will only be addressed should he leave the league and the Insurance Company feel that the team is such bad shape that we must hold it.

It is an unusual situation, one that we really didn't want to sit down and write another novel of bylaws over so I truly respect Derrick's ability to see the situation from beyond his shoes and work with us and prove his commitment in the process. Thank you sir!!!

Now...

Let's kick his ass! Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 am

Wow, that is honorable for Derrick to do. Different owners have different views, and he has done well with his strategy. Hopefully nothing ever happens to him so this is a non-issue. Just don't go visit Andy and go by the top of the stairs man.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 am

Great to have owners like him around!

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:24 am

Props to everyone involved with this for getting it worked out to a satisfactory outcome without drama and another novel written in the bylaws.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 am

WTH??? Where's the drama. This is no fun.

Seriously well done!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks guys

Yeah I figured this was going to be brought up in some form.  I mean, I Commish a league and when I see owners trade away all picks it makes me worry about replacing a team without the "coveted" draft picks  laughing

Y'all don't have to worry about me though.  I will never quit!  No matter how fucked my team may or may not get.  I'm in it for the long haul!

So if you wana kick my Ass!!   

Come get some  boxing

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Derrick (Littleton Silverballers) is not a fan of draft picks

And then there's Russ . . .

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 am

This is way too sane for a fantasy league.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 pm

I am going to adopt your throught process.......I cant hit on draft picks lately anyway.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Well done Derrick. As mentioned here, it's great to have owners here at RW who get it and understand when things like this are required.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Thanks guys

Yeah I figured this was going to be brought up in some form.  I mean, I Commish a league and when I see owners trade away all picks it makes me worry about replacing a team without the "coveted" draft picks  laughing

Y'all don't have to worry about me though.  I will never quit!  No matter how fucked my team may or may not get.  I'm in it for the long haul!

Come get some  boxing

Props to you Derrick for handling this the way you did.

Btw with your tiny roster if your team ever got fucked it would be small scale fucked. I’ll stop here so Carla doesn’t get inpure thought and has anothe bad dream.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Thanks guys

Come get some  boxing

Props to you Derrick for handling this the way you did.

Btw with your tiny roster if your team ever got fucked it would be small scale fucked. I’ll stop here so Carla doesn’t get inpure thought and has anothe bad dream.

rofl ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Nice job Derrick. I like draft picks.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
WTH???  Where's the drama.  This is no fun.

Seriously well done!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Derrick (Littleton Silverballers) is not a fan of draft picks

And then there's Russ . . .
laughing laughing laughing

high five

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 pm

As many well know, Derrick (Littleton Silverballers) is not a fan of draft picks and looks for proven talent first.  Because of this, he doesn't tend to be carrying a wallet full of high draft picks very often and currently he's very low in this regard.  This caused a conversation between members of the Insurance Company and myself and ultimately between Derrick and myself this morning.

a wallet full of high draft picks? derrick isn't the only one  coffee  I can't see derrick's current draft picks. what constitutes "very low"?

Derrick has no intention of going anywhere any time soon but he understands how the league could be left hanging if the wrong turn of events were to occur so he has agreed to set aside an additional $50 insurance funds on his franchise.  It is reserved in his account and not added to the Insurance money and will only be addressed should he leave the league and the Insurance Company feel that the team is such bad shape that we must hold it.

scratch left hanging? with what... a roster that consistently finishes in the top 10 in the league? didn't eazy-e take over a franchise that was considered to be in worse shape than derrick's is?

It is an unusual situation,  

it is rather unusual since I was under the impression derrick was a
Littleton Silverballers wrote:
You take over a team, you take over what they left you with.
kind of guy.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 am

Stupid draft picks...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 am

California Nightmare wrote:
As many well know, Derrick (Littleton Silverballers) is not a fan of draft picks and looks for proven talent first.  Because of this, he doesn't tend to be carrying a wallet full of high draft picks very often and currently he's very low in this regard.  This caused a conversation between members of the Insurance Company and myself and ultimately between Derrick and myself this morning.

a wallet full of high draft picks? derrick isn't the only one  coffee  I can't see derrick's current draft picks. what constitutes "very low"?

Derrick has no intention of going anywhere any time soon but he understands how the league could be left hanging if the wrong turn of events were to occur so he has agreed to set aside an additional $50 insurance funds on his franchise.  It is reserved in his account and not added to the Insurance money and will only be addressed should he leave the league and the Insurance Company feel that the team is such bad shape that we must hold it.

scratch left hanging? with what... a roster that consistently finishes in the top 10 in the league? didn't eazy-e take over a franchise that was considered to be in worse shape than derrick's is?

It is an unusual situation,  

it is rather unusual since I was under the impression derrick was a
Littleton Silverballers wrote:
kind of guy.

Derrick has no 1sts, 2nds and only one 3rd for the next several drafts. While his team is good, I could make a simple argument for how if two of his bigger names lose their value overnight he's uber-fucked and with no picks that could be rough sailing. As for what constitutes "very low"....it's my judgement call because if we need to define it, it's gonna be an obnoxious process and likely a wordy additional section to our bylaws which we can do if necessary but thankfully when I saw the situation, the owner (Derrick) agreed that it was a sensible decision. For the time being, I'll hope we have sane folks like him to address it this way. The club doesn't want to keep anyones insurance money.

Eric took over a team that was in rough shape in 2013 when we hadn't worked out nearly as many things as we have at this point. Eric was later compensated for the situation he had faced.

When questioning what someone could be left hanging with because this team is consistently top10, I have to reply (not a shot at Derrick btw) that where would other teams be if they said fuck all of my high value picks? There are several teams that are near as competitive as Derrick who have their picks, so if they traded up they would in theory kick Derricks ass into the abyss would they not? If Antonio Brown had an injury and left the NFL and Julio up and retired, how excited would someone be about this team for the next few years? There are no draft picks to start you out. That might sound like a far-fetched scenario but we all know the NFL stands for "Not For Long" and anything can happen.

I believe this was a logical step to take. If down the road Derrick feels we should no longer be reserving the additional funds we/I can look at the situation. Ultimately, I want him (and everyone) to be able to run their teams how they choose it goes a long way to others if the owner shows the commitment that Derrick did yesterday.

If there is another team that I'm unaware of that I should be looking at in a similar light, please let me know.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:08 am

Ultimately, I want him (and everyone) to be able to run their teams how they choose it goes a long way to others if the owner shows the commitment that Derrick did yesterday.

this. cheers

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:33 am

California Nightmare wrote:

Quote :
kind of guy.

I don't know where you found this???  But I do remember saying it somewhere.   laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am

Wow, didn't realize that the insurance committee was hard at work monitoring teams. Great to know that we have a system in place and that it works. Ed should watch out though because he may have to pony up some loot once he starts wrecking his team.

And kudos to Derrick for stepping up. I'd have to think that a lot of people would be reluctant to do so.

As for the $50 -- toss it in crypto and let it ride!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Wow, didn't realize that the insurance committee was hard at work monitoring teams.  Great to know that we have a system in place and that it works.  Ed should watch out though because he may have to pony up some loot once he starts wrecking his team.

And kudos to Derrick for stepping up.  I'd have to think that a lot of people would be reluctant to do so.  

As for the $50 -- toss it in crypto and let it ride!  

Good idea about the crypto lol3

Thanks Derrick for being a stand up guy. cheers

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Please feel free to give me any draft picks you don't want. I will even give you one WB per pick in exchange.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Props Derrick.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Guess I'm in the minority big time here...No, not that I don't think Derrick is a great member, and this was an awesome gesture.  lol3
But, I just don't think he should have had to pony up the extra $50.  His focus and intent are well known, and discussed...he is acting within the rules as written, so I don't feel he should be asked to do more than the rest of us.  I doubt the Club will have a problem filling his team, no matter the condition.
 shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
I doubt the Club will have a problem filling his team, no matter the condition.  shrug

So if AB got seriously hurt and Julio retired you don't see a serious problem for a new owner who had to take that team should it be abandoned? We clearly have folks eager for a spot so I agree that filling the spot wouldn't be hard but I'm not looking to have another soul take on what Eric had to.

Maybe we see Derricks team very differently. shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 pm

I think Derricks team is trash.

Just kidding D, all those guys are the elites of fantasy. tongue

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 pm

I had to think back to when shawn murdered me in the dispersal draft and left me with a pocket full of stones worth of draft picks for three years. Crying or Very sad
a few bad trades later and look where I am at. originally was thinking why is derrick on trial but that is why andy is where he at and I am not... and the insurance team is somewhat useful. yes

looking at derrick's little roster and empty wallet of picks... 50 might not be enough.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
I doubt the Club will have a problem filling his team, no matter the condition.  shrug

So if AB got seriously hurt and Julio retired you don't see a serious problem for a new owner who had to take that team should it be abandoned? We clearly have folks eager for a spot so I agree that filling the spot wouldn't be hard but I'm not looking to have another soul take on what Eric had to.

Maybe we see Derricks team very differently.   shrug

I've taken on worse in my travels...LOL!

I guess my point is, if he is working within the rules, no up charge...or, and I know you'll love this>>>Change Them".
tongue wink

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

I guess my point is, if he is working within the rules, no up charge...or, and I know you'll love this>>>Change Them".
 tongue wink
only need to change them if the next guy that does this says no to what he and andy agreed upon

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:51 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

tongue wink

We could have gone that route as I mentioned. It would have taken more work, been tough to get just right the first time and would have resulted in 40+ people having to read even more bylaws so I took a shot that Derrick was rational and turns out he was. Now a precedent has been set. If someone wants to leverage every drop of assets at their disposal to compete for TODAY then by all means but you'll demonstrate commitment to a similar degree. Quite honestly, the only person who would/should have a problem with this would be someone who isn't confident they're here for the long term, in which case they shouldn't be afforded the right to manage a team in that fashion.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Nice job Derrick.  I like draft picks.

Me too

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Nice work by all involved. Another example of why this place is great. People always thinking about and doing what’s best for the league

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full transparency   

Back to top Go down

Full transparency
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: