Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Location creation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:58 am

I'm fairly creative but sometimes I just draw blanks and this is one of those times so I'll throw this out there to see if anyone has an idea I like enough to run with.

So in order to converse here you'll need to know what WAR STORIES are and where to find them. If you don't, I guess your out.

So if you check out WAR STORIES you will notice that I have randomly assigned a location for each of the World War games and have done so since who knows when...but I have always wanted that location to be tied to something. The question is what? I would like it to be tied to something RW obviously. I want to be able to know the location at the time that I make WAR STORIES (late December/early January). I want to be able to go back and change past ones to fit the concept so the concept needs to be applicable to the past as well as the future.

Thanks for any ideas you share. I'll run with something if I like it,probably not say a word about it and maybe one day someone will notice and figure it out. I kinda like that sorta shit.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 pm

I think it would be cool to have permanent home at Bob Field (Indy). Not his penis field from years of pink, but wherever it was really supposed to be.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:22 pm

I wonder if there was a way to have it not at random places but at your guys' field...so like one year it would be at Blood Bath and Beyond and one year it would be at Island Stadium...like the NFL...and it is somehow decided prior to the season starting where the World War is played that year. I am not sure how to determine how but it would be a fun way to include peoples stadiums...like if Brad hosted this year, Todd could have claimed the heat and the sun were the reasons he lost as he is used to playing in frigid temps up in Canada...

I don't know...I will let you guys figure it out.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:26 pm

I've read the articles, I've seen the plaque, but I hadn't noticed the ticket stub until now. clap  Cairo, Egypt?  How did it get moved to an international location?  Then again, I guess Roster Wars has teams from all over the globe.  It's also the first time that the ticket price was over $100.  Still not a bad deal compared to a Super Bowl ticket.  All of this babbling does nothing to help with your question, but that's what started going thru my head when I noticed the ticket stubs. shrug  If I come up with something, I'll be back. laughing

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:36 pm

So like you could do the winner of the Survey game gets to host the next World War...that way their field would be on the plaque...minus their team name of course but you could design the ticket stub to their theme as well...I just realized the survey game had three winners so that wouldn't work...

Maybe the previous Champ should host it...so Carla would host next year...and you could change the all the previous ones to the winner prior and the first one could have been hosted by the Eternals since you created it...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:36 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
I wonder if there was a way to have it not at random places but at your guys' field...so like one year it would be at Blood Bath and Beyond and one year it would be at Island Stadium...like the NFL...and it is somehow decided prior to the season starting where the World War is played that year. I am not sure how to determine how but it would be a fun way to include peoples stadiums...like if Brad hosted this year, Todd could have claimed the heat and the sun were the reasons he lost as he is used to playing in frigid temps up in Canada...

I don't know...I will let you guys figure it out.
I like this idea!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
So like you could do the winner of the Survey game gets to host the next World War...that way their field would be on the plaque...minus their team name of course but you could design the ticket stub to their theme as well...I just realized the survey game had three winners so that wouldn't work...

Maybe the previous Champ should host it...so Carla would host next year...and you could change the all the previous ones to the winner prior and the first one could have been hosted by the Eternals since you created it...
even better!!!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:27 pm

I love the idea of it rotating around RW fields! Not against the survey winner, but am thinking more like MLB allstar rotation. Just not sure how to decided it as we are not building new stadiums....

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Why don't we just go in order of when people joined?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Maybe we could bid on who gets to host each year.  Say I want to host next year so I bid 6 WB's.  Bidding stays open until no more bids are made after a certain period of time.  Highest bidder wins and the two participants get to split the WB's.  Could also be $$ as well.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

I like that. Or the field of the last years winner.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

I like that. Or the field of the last years winner.
I think I heard that somewhere before --
 good idea

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Wow.  Some magnificent ideas.  Keep em coming if you got em.

The issue I see with a few of them is repeating "winners" or whatever.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Who cares? Then that winner will be forever embedded even more.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

so.....

if you haven't gotten your chance to host.......  just win baby

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 pm

I like the idea of rotating through owners fields and by order of joining us fine by me, even if I would be last. Last year’s winner works too, or maybe the field of the highest score or possessor of the MVP. If you wanted to completely avoid repetition you could let the winner choose from any field that has not hosted in x many years.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 pm

I'd be down with the Previous Year's Champion home field the next year... Kinda fun to think about trying to repeat so you can play in your home stadium, but I do see what Andy means by repeat winners over and over.

I think rotating through the owners list, from longest tenured to newest would also be a nice treat. If you're new to Roster Wars, you have to wait for your chance to host the big game... 24 years... lol

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:04 pm

I’m a fan of rotating stadiums by owner join date.

I also like the idea of Bobs field in Indy permanently hosting the championship

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Previous pink team. Shame them some more.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Previous pink team. Shame them some more.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

:badidea:

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:56 am

I like the previous winner idea tongue

But if you dont go with that.............how about letting the previous winner CHOOSE the site for next years location.  That way there are no repeats.

(But they have to choose an owners field, not Egypt)

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
(But they have to choose an owners field, not Egypt)

How could you say that Carla? Never would have picked you to tip toe the racist line... What if someone joins RW and names their franchise the Egypt Mummies, who PROUDLY play at Egyptian Field....

Could we still not pick Egypt to host a World War game????

dispute

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Location creation   

Back to top Go down

Location creation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: