Share | 

Crypto Currency

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
Ok so I'm trying to understand wallets and how to move my coins off the exchanges to a wallet.  I don't have a ledger nano but would like to buy one down the road.  Are all coins able to be stored in a wallet like MEW (myetherwallet)?  If I want to hold coins longer term I'd like to get them off the exchange but don't know the best way to do this.  Any help or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I'm with you Matt.  I've looked at the Ledger Nano too.  My initial research seems to show that the Nano holds a lot of the bigger name coins, but not the smaller, newer Alt's.  To me it looks like you could use the Nano for the bigger name stuff, and then something like the MEW for the others.  Haven't dived into the field of wallets yet. 

My questions is, if there's a Nano for sale on like ebay, and it listed as new and sealed, it's gotta be safe to buy, no?

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Im a big fan of Jaxx.oi wallet it combines many different Coins into one wallet and you can use Shape Sift to move between coins very easy

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Thticket wrote:
Im a big fan of Jaxx.oi wallet it combines many different Coins into one wallet and you can use Shape Sift to move between coins very easy  

Do you get charged a fee to transfer to wallets?  From sites like Binance?   Or are fees only charged on trades?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 pm

I've been looking at wallets lately (and bought a Nano Ledger S) and here are some thoughts:

(1) don't get a hardware wallet from anyone other than the maker.  First, they are being sold at a premium.  Second, there's concerns about whether its been hacked.  There are ways to double check but it seems to require opening up the wallet.  But you have to wait 2 months and that sucks.

(2) it looks like the Ledger has a MEW wallet app so you use MEW to view the wallet but the actual wallet/private code is in the Ledger

(3) as for sending coins, you will get a wallet address and send the coins to that address from the exchange or coinbase.  It's similar to sending coins from Coinbase or GDax to an exchange.

(4) pay attention to withdrawal fees.  And the minimum that you must take out.

https://news.kucoin.com/en/fee/
https://www.binance.com/fees.html

I did this and noticed that many coins aren't going to be withdrawn because it is cost prohibitive.  I'd rather gamble that the exchange stays open.  I'm also looking to consolidate into some coins that I can get out relatively cheaply.

(5) remember GDax.  GDax has free withdrawls of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH (I think).  So get the coins there and withdraw (rather than from Coinbase).

(6) I don't know if I have enough in now to justify the cost of the Ledger but I bought one because (a) I don't want to take the time to learn how to create paper wallets and implement them for each coin -- my time is worth more, (b) I'm looking at long-term, rather than short-term value, and (c) I love tech stuff so it's kinda cool to get.

I'm still working through a lot of these issues but hopefully this helps.

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Thticket wrote:

Do you get charged a fee to transfer to wallets?  From sites like Binance?   Or are fees only charged on trades?

you will always have to pay a small fee to move coins from one wallet to another .
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 am

Does anyone else have any KCS?  It gives (or used to give - not sure what it is right now) a percentage of transaction fees to those that hold the coins.  And the transaction fees at Kucoin are based on the coin that is being acquired.  So I was looking at the coins that I hold and, no lie, I have fractions of 88 coins right now.  Granted, the interest in almost all of those coins are 0.00 USD but still could be an accounting nightmare if I ever have to disclose the interest in them.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:25 am

For the love of god do not buy a hardware wallet from anyone other than those who make them. Buying a hardware wallet on Ebay is literally one of the craziest things you could do.

No no no.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

vote yes
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 am

Holy Shit, here we go!

Got my USD's sitting on Coinbase waiting to jump on ETH if it gets below $900.  It's already dropped $100 in the last couple of hours.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:38 am

All of the sudden, things have leveled off. The "experts" were talking of a big plunge. Time for bed, I'll check back in the a.m.to see if the "experts" were right or wrong.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 am

"Experts" are stupid.   laughing  All the talk last night had something to do about the futures and how the price was going to free-fall til about 8am(PST).  It started right when I was headed to bed and then leveled off.  I get up this morning and ETH is pretty much right where it was yesterday.  "Experts"  shrug

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 am

After over a month of attempting to get registered on any exchange, I was finally able to link my bank account to coinbase (my bank was giving me all kinds of trouble).

I've stopped following this thread for a while, but I plan on getting everything up and going this weekend.

I've been staying up to date tracking altcoins however, and have a short list of coins to invest in. Is the strategy still to start with ethereum on coinbase, then purchase BNB once on binance?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Congrats Matt.  That delay saved you 10-50% of what you would have put in.  Take advantage of the sales that are going on right now.

BTW, this is ridiculous:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/confido/

This is a complete scam yet it still went up 4X (from $0.11 to $0.44) today.  People really need to do research before buying coins.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Congrats Matt.  That delay saved you 10-50% of what you would have put in.  Take advantage of the sales that are going on right now.

BTW, this is ridiculous:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/confido/

This is a complete scam yet it still went up 4X (from $0.11 to $0.44) today.  People really need to do research before buying coins.
that's what I was thinking - you're lucky it happened to you

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
After over a month of attempting to get registered on any exchange, I was finally able to link my bank account to coinbase (my bank was giving me all kinds of trouble).

I've stopped following this thread for a while, but I plan on getting everything up and going this weekend.

I've been staying up to date tracking altcoins however, and have a short list of coins to invest in. Is the strategy still to start with ethereum on coinbase, then purchase BNB once on binance?

That or LTC , a transfer from a bank account will take a few days till your able to transfer to an exchange
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
50 Cent: 'I Forgot' Taking 700 Bitcoins For 2014 Album; Stake Is Now Worth Millions

"I'm a keep it real. I forgot I did that s***."
Man goes bankrupt then just lucks into a bunch of money. Imagine how many bitcoins he would have if that 2014 album was actually good.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Coinbase may finally have a competitor to get Fiat into crypto with robinhood joining crypto. Almost 1 million on the waiting list for when it officially launches. Says no fees but not clear yet what they're spread will be. That's how they make they're money on stock side. Sounds like will be a LOT easier process to get first $1K USD into market so could be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 am

I wonder what kind of pump we'll see with such an easy portal to crypto being created.

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
Coinbase may finally have a competitor to get Fiat into crypto with robinhood joining crypto.  Almost 1 million on the waiting list for when it officially launches.  Says no fees but not clear yet what they're spread will be.  That's how they make they're money on stock side.  Sounds like will be a LOT easier process to get first $1K USD into market so could be interesting.

I signed up with them over the weekend and got a free share of stock. Ended up being Zynga...lol ...worth about $4 bucks . There app is pretty nice looking and seem user friendly.
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:38 pm

So I am still waiting on my Ledger Nano S -- won't ship until March 26th -- but am getting anxious about keeping money on exchanges. Can I send it to MEW and then to the Ledger Nano S when it arrives? If I do so, will I get crushed with a ton of fees in that second transfer (i.e. MEW to Ledger)? I thought I read that the MEW wallet is different than the MEW wallet for Ledger.

In the end, I don't have much out there but would hate to get it stolen/locked/lost.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Bitcoin currently below 10k? Ethereum also nearing 1000. Buy low?

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:27 pm

I add some tonight, along with dash and ltc. Seems to my eye to be the bottom of a trading range .
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm

CryptoTown Deliverers wrote:

I add some tonight, along with dash and ltc. Seems to my eye to be the bottom of a trading range .

Same, I'm no stock analyst but just below 10k seems to be a stabilizing point, where people start buying again preventing the price from dropping lower.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:42 pm

I've bought ETH twice when it dipped below $1000.  Keeping an eye on it again tonight.  Today, it seems BTC has dropped a bit quicker than ETH.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 pm

I've obviously been watching BTC and many of the alt coins very closely lately and I honestly have no idea where it's going. I still own a bunch of BTC and not selling (may regret this) but every chart I'm reviewing I'm not seeing any triggers that tells me to buy besides the psychological $10K number. Granted with crypto the psychological game is probably the most important one most the time as crazy as that can be sometimes.

Standard TA shows BTC hitting resistance at the 50 EMA and 38% FIB lines. Few days ago I was really hoping for volume when we punched through the 38% line but it didn't happen and died quickly. Bigger concern from standard TA is there's a pretty clear bear pennant formed no matter what bulls are trying to say. What this would mean would be a continued slow downward trend until we hit the 200 EMA which would put us around the 61.8% FIB line (i.e. $8500-$7200 range). Been seeing a bunch of stuff in the twitter/ crypto world last few days where charters are spouting BTC could continue to around $4000 range which would be the 78.6 FIB line. IMHO that doesn't happen because I feel like there should be very strong support at the 61%/ 200 EMA but who the hell knows anymore.

That's the "standard" chart stuff, for me with crypto the only chart I personally trust anymore is the Ichimoku (with slightly different settings for crypto over regular stocks). This chart is still painting a pretty bearish picture for BTC as well (and has made me a little nervous since getting out of my flu coma).

Biggest problem is when we hit Fib resistance points or even psychological resistance points the volume when it bounces hasn't been there and we continue to drop. Also there's been a lot of FUD lately and a lot of newer people are bailing. Personally I'm still in for the long term. I'm still in a holding pattern since my last buying spree of alts. Looks like I jumped the gun a little then but most of those are treading water for the most part. I'm not buying anymore tho of any coins until I see the Ichimoku chart crossover and we start trending up on good volume. If honest I'm probably a little closer to selling out of some positions (hope I can resist...LOL) to consolidate coins.

On a positive note, everything I'm reading and hearing about from some of the crypto insiders is the lightening network could be a game changer for BTC and isn't just marketing and talking head BS. Could hurt a lot of the other coins trying to do similar things but would be good for the big boy.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Sorry I just reread that...think I may have went full nerd on that post writing about stuff no one cares about.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Sorry I just reread that...think I may have went full nerd on that post writing about stuff no one cares about.

Not at all, and much appreciated. I'm not familiar with all the charts you reference, but the patterns are what I like to track. I have been waiting to buy BTC around $8500, and would continue cost average purchases down to the $4000 level as the cut-off point.

Then, pray...
wink

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:53 pm

I was going to buy some BTC and ETH tonight but am going to wait until tomorrow.  It seems like the Asian market has been selling a lot more lately so I think that it should go down a bit more tonight.  The recent drops hurt a bit (more my ego than my wallet) but I still think that there is a long-term future.  The Robinhood addition should bring in a lot more money and I have a feeling that we will see a decent rebound by the time that 2018 is over.  I have no real basis to believe this but I just can't see this being the end of crypto and the entire market collapsing right now.  But I also see the recent slump turning off a lot of people who might have joined the market at this time.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 pm

No, I really love reading that stuff. I knew my one finance class would be useful someday.

I share you're concern with the lack of "bounce" lately after the dip. Despite hitting various stabilizing thresholds (sub 10k, which triggers people psychologically to buy), bitcoin has failed to initiate an upwards trend and break out. I agree it's probably due to a lot of people who jumped into crypto when they had time during the holiday season then gradually moving out of the space now that everything isn't on a wild bull run.

Didn't get as deep into the analysis as you did, but I definitely see a continued downward trend for the short-mid term. I'm still optimistic on the big coins for the long term though, (1 yr. +), as crypto is still yet to truly hit the mainstream, and barriers to entry into crypto investing will only decrease.

Made a conservative investment today, if I see a run of either BC or ETH trending up near their 1 month highs I will probably invest another chunk of my available money.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:20 am

So it came out yesterday that the US is looking into Tether. For those of you who don't know what Tether is it's a crypto that was made up that will always equal 1 USD. That's the idea. Every Tether is backed by 1USD. Bitfinex, who used to be the #1 exchange, created it.

There has never been a verified audit to confirm that 1 Tether is really backed by USD. If it shakes out from the audit that Tether is really monopoly money (as many people believe) we'll see quite the shock waves from it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-30/crypto-exchange-bitfinex-tether-said-to-get-subpoenaed-by-cftc

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 am

Not good, it could drive confidence in all the atls to a new low

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:12 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
So it came out yesterday that the US is looking into Tether.  For those of you who don't know what Tether is it's a crypto that was made up that will always equal 1 USD.  That's the idea.  Every Tether is backed by 1USD.  Bitfinex, who used to be the #1 exchange, created it.  

There has never been a verified audit to confirm that 1 Tether is really backed by USD.  If it shakes out from the audit that Tether is really monopoly money (as many people believe) we'll see quite the shock waves from it.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-30/crypto-exchange-bitfinex-tether-said-to-get-subpoenaed-by-cftc

surprised

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Saw the updated post counts in another thread. Is this where all of Justin's January posts are?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:59 pm

Laughing A few.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:59 pm

So it came out yesterday that the US is looking into Tether.  For those of you who don't know what Tether is it's a crypto that was made up that will always equal 1 USD.  That's the idea.  Every Tether is backed by 1USD.  Bitfinex, who used to be the #1 exchange, created it.  

There has never been a verified audit to confirm that 1 Tether is really backed by USD.  If it shakes out from the audit that Tether is really monopoly money (as many people believe) we'll see quite the shock waves from it.  

Tether has felt shady since it came out. I was surprised when I read the subpoenas actually came out December 6th...not sure how it just came out. On top of that Tether recently fired the accounting team they hired to likely prove the money was backed because they were asking too many questions and being too thorough and 'process was going to take to long' (time is reason they said they let them go). Other part I didn't like is they kept it pretty under wraps (most people didn't know even when it came out recently) that the main guy is also the main guy for Bitfinex. Bitfinex also seemed to keep it lower on their page than other sites like they were trying to hide it or something. IDK, lot of that could be in my head but just haven't got good vibes regarding that coin since the start. Won't help the market if this blows up that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:15 pm

I saw some people noting that all must be good because the Subpoena was issued in early December and there are still no findings. Don't read too much into that. People are routinely given extra time to respond to Subpoenas, especially when they seek voluminous information or come out around the holidays. My guess is that a response (at least a partial one) will be due no later than early February (2 months after issuance). It may take some time to review the production, question witnesses, and then action can be taken. If you see a quick announcement or shut-down of Tether, it's an indication that there is something really really wrong. The more likely result is that it's mostly funded with arguments regarding how much is necessary. And that could take a bit longer to resolve.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 am

I've never once moved anything into Tether. Just not enough proof out there that it's legit. If they HAD proof why wouldn't they release it to give people confidence in the project?

Big nope for me.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 am

One point to remember with Tether is that people have sold out of coins to hide in Tether. And, in doing so, have caused the value of other coins to drop. This may help soften the blow if Tether blows up because it's already been priced into the value of other coins. But, there is very little common sense here and the drama about this may chase more away.

But, on that point, what idiots are still keeping money in Tether? Run, run, run!

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am

Bitcoin better not break $9000.

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 am

Oh so close

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 pm

My gut tells me we get close to $8k. I was trying to fight it a few weeks back when everyone was yelling for $8k but the downward channel looks too strong now and that's about where the 200 EMA and FIB lines converge.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:27 pm

8k is what my gut said when this started. I'm strapped in.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 pm

I think it's time that I remove the Cointracking.info app from my phone. Might as well check back when my Ledger arrives in late March and see if there's anything worth salvaging -- or yell and scream when all my coins are up 3X.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Laughing

Pretty much the boat I'm in Russ!

Back to top Go down
CryptoTown Deliverers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Hope no one is on suicide watch after today

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:53 pm

It's sad seeing my portfolio value go from nearly 44k to 17k but it is what it is. I honestly believe it'll come back. Just going to ride it out.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:45 am

It's sad seeing my portfolio value go from nearly 44k to 17k but it is what it is.  I honestly believe it'll come back.  Just going to ride it out.  

Oh my, I thought my portfolio took a hit, I forgot how much you had previously made.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:17 am

Yeah, kinda wishing I would have sold a few of the BTC a month ago when I mentioned I was going to do that to buy a new Raptor... I'm not going to even bother looking at Delta for a while because nothing I can do about it now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   

Back to top Go down

Crypto Currency
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: