Crypto Currency

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Overnight plunge in cryptos may be related to this news: South Korea plans to ban cryptocurrency trading, rattles market

I heard something about how this is only partially true. I know a few, less reputable crypto exchanges got shut down, and I think people mistook that to mean crypto was being banned.

I know some countries are taking steps to regulate/ban/centralize crypto trading, but I don't think there's any well-defined path forward for any nation at the moment. As the article said, any move to regulation would likely take months, if not longer.

While there's no need to panic just yet, it does worry me that governments are just chomping at the bit to regulate and tax the shit out of crypto. Even then, I have faith in the technology that it will take governments a while to get control of everything, at which point hopefully the usefulness of crypto will have proven itself to the point where they have no choice but to legalize it.

Eh... Governments don't take kindly to tax evasion. I'm not surprised (or worried) that they're looking to take oversight roles or directly regulate. Unregulated markets cause bubbles and crashes. The less regulation, the bigger the bubble and the bigger the crash. If you want your crypto wallet to be a get-rich-quick scheme where you read the tea leaves to take advantage of suckers, then no regulation is your friend, I guess. Just don't get caught with your pants too far down. If you want crypto as a market to be a healthy economic engine that provides new and better ways to access goods and services, then you probably want to welcome some government involvement. It'll come after the first big crash, regardless.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Well things were looking up. Time to BLEED AGAIN.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Rumblings say it may be a bad month for alts. Some are calling for a Bitcoin dip to $8000 followed by a 20k bullrun. We'll see. I'm just holding what I've got and I'll ride it out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 pm

My guess (and that's all it is) is we'll bounce around a little until January 15.  That's the day wall street bankers/ traders usually get their bonuses.  My gut tells me we see a nice up tick the next few days after as they put some of their bonus into crypto.  We have 2 bank ‘execs’ in our family and that's their plan when we talked during Christmas but maybe I'm just stereotyping.  There's been some twitter rumbling recently also.  After that who knows but at least that's what I'm hoping so I can sell off a little into them. I just deposited my January funds so trying to figure out which ones the bankers might rush to (XRP seems too obvious right)?

For record I'm not a fan of Ripple as a company or the leaders of it since I still want the decentralized coins/ blockchain that I originally got into the space for and Ripple is anything but.  BUT, I like money a lot and XRP is hyped damn near everywhere you turn these days.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 am

Finally in Binance, but I didnt verify my account yet. Gosh it feels like I am giving them more than my first born

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am

I've finally gotten situated with tracking everything I have. I'm using delta and altpocket. Delta helps me with trades and showing my portfolio there and then altpocket I'm using to show my overall holdings and their value. I couldn't really find the perfect solution. The best I could do is use an excel spreadsheet which would be very involved and take a lot of time to complete. I know we've discussed these earlier at least I think we did so I just wanted to share my experience.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:28 am

Glad you're squared away!

I'm trying not to look at my portfolio. It's ugly right now. Only my two new babies are really doing well. Fucking CAN is killing me. It will not stop bleeding out.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 am

So what Justin is saying we should buy now while its low and bleeding LOL

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am

Fuck yeah. If I had more fiat to dump into this I would but I tapped my reserves unless I sell more shit Laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 pm

I am ready to buy my first share on binance......but they all look so bad right now. LOL

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Trade ETH for Alts on an ETH/ALT trading pair.  See my first video.  Or you can trade your ETH for BTC and then trade in BTC/ALT pairs (there's more of those.)  Let me know if you have any questions.

Transfered money from Coinbase through ETH

Now that the money is in Binance I can buy ETH categories or I have to sell those to actually buy something on binance?

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 pm

I'm still having a hard time trying to deposit money into coinbase (or any exchange). Bank won't let me verify, no cc. Any advice?

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Now that the money is in Binance I can buy ETH categories or I have to sell those to actually buy something on binance?

If transferred the ETH you can buy directly with that (will have coin price in ETH value). Just go to ETH markets tab and you're all set. Good luck and have fun

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I am ready to buy my first share on binance......but they all look so bad right now. LOL

If you believe in the coin that's the best time to buy. mischieveous

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm

I bought Ripple XRP and Tron TRX

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 am

I've received a few emails recently asking about what I've been buying/ what I currently have in my portfolio.  I usually stay away from posting this stuff because hate the thought of someone tailing me on a loser or not getting out at right time and they lose money.  Figure I've posted enough gibberish in here so might as well give list of mine in no particular order (none of this should be taken as advice  wink )

On Ledger/ cold storage (longer term plays with majority held between 3-12 months)  This section is currently around 70% of my portfolio (I sold few alt coins and added to BTC, ZEC, and ETH about a week ago since felt I was little too heavily weighted in alts and I felt a correction could be coming to them so wanted to take profits...maybe not such a smart move tho)

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Litecoin
Dash
ZCash
Monero
Ethereum Classic (I'm still surprised this hasn't really pumped :/)
Bitcoin Cash (received free from BTC fork)
Neo

Coins I've bought recently on dips or new positions
(I take profits and move this section around a lot...hindsight being what it is I really wish there were more of the coins I bought in Oct and Nov still on this list)

VeChain (added more on 1/6, 1/8, and 1/10 dips)
Komodo (original stake early Dec, bought more on 1/6 and again today)
ETHLend (bought 1/1, 1/5, and again today)
ELF (bought 1/8, 1/11, and just before this post)
Dragonchain (bought 1/3 and 1/8)
0x (1/5)
Deepbrain Chain (bought 1/2, 1/7, and 1/8)
Po.et (12/31)
Raiblocks (12/30, and bunch more on 1/5 on Binance listing news)
Link (12/22)
Stellar (10/22, 11/21, 12/26)
Ripple (10/21 and 11/21 but sold most off in recent pump).
Lisk (10/21 and 12/4)
OMG (11/1)
Stratis (10/28 and 12/22)
Golem (11/3)

I own smaller positions in some other shitcoins that people discuss on twitter or youtube just hoping they pump so I can cash out but don't want to put on here because I don't believe in them at all.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 am

I've got a wallet question.  I've been looking at the Ledger Nano S & Trezor to store coins off site.  Now I understand how it works if you own Bitcoin or ETH on Coinbase to where you store it on one of these wallets and it basically takes them off Coinbase and stores them on your device, which makes them safe from hackers.  But if you move the Bitcoin or ETH to say Binance and buy a bunch of alt coins, can these be stored on these off site wallets too?  I don't see how Ledger Nano S or Trezor can accommodate all these various coins.  I see some of them are compatible with one or the other, but not really any of the smaller alts.  Or do you use one of those online wallets for these types of coins?  They're not safe to leave on Binance, are they?  Right now, I've left everything on Binance, but I've just been dabbling to get a feel for things.  I just don't want to take big bucks over there and not be protected.  Too many You Tube videos watched, and now I'm getting dizzy. dizzy

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:23 am

I have everything on binance too (except what is in coinbase that I didnt move to binance yesterday)

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 am

I believe Trezor works the same way but I know how it works for nano. So to answer your first question yes you can move things from any exchange to the nano similar to any wallet (have an address you withdraw the coins from). Bitcoin, Ethereum, and maybe LTC have built in app/ wallet in the ledger so those just move over to the address.

For all other ECR20 coins (majority of coins I deal in are ECR20) I use myetherwallet to transfer them. MEW asks you which wallet you want to use and I pick the Nano. Then I plug in the ledger nano to my computer and I open the Ethereum app. It then shows a bunch of different addresses that are stored on the nano, I pick one of them and transfer the coins.

I was VERY nervous the first couple times doing it and watched youtube videos and followed each step.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 am

Everything I have purchased has been with Ethereum on Binance.  Basically, no matter what coin you purchase with Ethereum on Binance, you can get it to the Nano thru MEW?  So it's not a good idea to just leave it on Binance?  I'm trying to keep things simple right now.  I've signed up on other exchanges just to look around, but have only made transactions on Binance.  I think I'll just be staying put right there for a while as there are plenty of coins on Binance to get me in trouble. laughing 

Thanks John, before I dropped $150 for the Nano (has a cooler look than the Trezor vote yes ), I wanted to make sure I could get any type of coins there that I bought with Ethereum.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 pm

You'll read a lot about keeping everything off the exchanges is the best idea but I don't. It's safer but the hassle isn't worth it to me at this time. I understand there is a chance an exchange gets hacked or more likely shuts down for limited time but moving coins is kind of a pain and it costs fees every time you move them. The fees are what gets me the most. I do try to have the coins I leave on exchanges spread across multiple exchanges. I deposit a set amount of money every other week into Coinbase and that money gets deposited to different exchange every time. Figure that reduces the risk a little but who knows.

If I really like a coin and want to hold it long term then I put it on the ledger and let it sit for months. If I expect to trade it within 3 months (or lately within weeks) I just leave it on the exchange.

Nano and Trezor type storage are expensive and most my buddies just use the other wallets on their computers (Electrum, Myetherwallet, etc...). Just make sure you hold the personal key and it's not left on the server and should be fine in most cases. Then when you have enough coins to justify the cost of the device for you then grab one. In my case I had a set dollar amount and when I hit that I took some profit from other coins and bought it with that. It's usually on a long waiting list tho so know that. And...make sure you get it from a reputable dealer. There are always stories of tampering with this stuff.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks John, I really appreciate the info!  vote yes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 pm

John I dig all your holdings except Dash. Laughing

Still pretty red out there but my two favorite picks for 2018 are HPB and SPHTX. I'm up over 100% on both in the last 24 hours. CAN has absolutely fucking killed me though. Down almost 50%

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
John I dig all your holdings except Dash. Laughing  

Haha, truth be told I'm not really sure where I'm at with it either.  I bought it on 10/17/17 for 0.0535580 BTC ($303.32USD eqv) and it now sits around 0.077BTC and $1,100USD.  Almost 3x USD is definitely nothing to brag about since mostly due to BTC/USD hike more then Dash (still nice in real world but not so much in crypto during that time) and I've been considering moving it into other coins I want positions in.  Only reason I haven't is friend I really trust with this stuff still believes in it and thinks it will pump in first half of '18.  A little before Christmas I sold what wasn't on my ledger (about half position) to buy some other alts.

Last edited by Southside Spartans on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Spent a few hours this morning before the family woke up looking at stuff and found a few coins I almost bought but couldn't pull the trigger to dump the ETH I have on exchanges for it. ETH is so hot right now and I believe in it and what Vitalik has planned I didn't want to move it yet. I'm having sellers remorse on Cardano and feel I need to be back in, want to increase my exposure to NEO, and I like the team at ICX and they have a few things happening in next month that could pump it. Few little birdies are also telling me now is time to buy more BTC with lightening stuff coming out soon which will increase publicity on that and send that climbing back up in near future. These are the days I wish I would have left more money on exchanges to buy but wife reminds me profit in the bank for kids college, our stuff is very nice (she's a big 'this is a bubble thing' and wants me to stick to stocks).

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 pm

where do I find these "white pages" you speak of for info on coins

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

They're usually on the coins home page of their web site.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

They're usually on the coins home page of their web site.
ty

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 am

I added to ETC position last night because chart looked good and has a pending fork planned for March 1st (free coin is always nice). This one has also had decent twitter push last week or so. Expecting this to slowly rise up to the fork then I’ll likely move back out of it right after fork since will drop back down after fork. Wish I would have pulled trigger in the morning before it pumped a little.

Also opened position in WABI on yesterday’s dip. Feel being pushed down by VEN buyers but expecting it to recover for decent short term play.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 am

Since this market is much different than normal stock markets I try to figure out what may trigger a pump in a coin. Many many times it has nothing at all to do with the tech or team for the coin and more to do with the publicity it gets on social media. That got me thinking if a coin did an ad during the Super Bowl it would instantly pump for a few days. Did some digging and emailed my cousin who works in advertising and so far nothing obvious enough to buy into now.

Coinbase: Sounds like they may play their 'dumbest guy bought a boat' ad but nothing to do with that and that ads been out already.

Vibehub (VIBE) CEO is going to be in the Monster Technology ad for their new headphones but he's just making a cameo wearing a hat and shirt from the sound of it. The companies are partners so it makes sense but not sure if this is enough to get the average crypto buyer to pump it. VIBE does scanning of people for virtual reality and has a working beta and low market cap. This is on my list of coins to potentially add a position.

Dash CEO mentioned in December they have enough money to do it but nothing has come out since and they aren't on the public list of who bought spots yet. There was also some discussions with LTC and DOGE back in November but haven't seen anything. My gut tells me a coin like XRP or TRX could do something to get a big pump but who knows.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:20 pm

So while watching YouTube I noticed that a lot of these people doing technical analysis were using coinigy. It has a free 30day trial. Has anyone used it or signed up for it?  I’ve been playing with it and really like it although it’s mostly above me right now but I think it’s an awesome tool.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Selling question on Binance.  When one of my Alts explodes and I'm ready to sell, do I just trade, or sell the Alt back to ETH?  And then from there, send it back to Coinbase if I wanted to cash it out for USD?  I'm thinking I just have to do the reverse of how I got it there, but I want to make sure I do it correctly and not send it to outer space.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Selling question on Binance.  When one of my Alts explodes and I'm ready to sell, do I just trade, or sell the Alt back to ETH?  And then from there, send it back to Coinbase if I wanted to cash it out for USD?  I'm thinking I just have to do the reverse of how I got it there, but I want to make sure I do it correctly and not send it to outer space.

There are a bunch of ways I've seen online to do it but that's exactly what I do to get Fiat...

Sell coin as ETH pair (or LTC if I can)*
Transfer ETH from sale to Coinbase
Cash out (bank account transfer)
Seems to take around a week every time but I've never had any issues doing it this way.

*LTC has lower transfer fees lately and is much faster since ETH is been backed up with cryptokitties. If you don't know about the kitties don't even google it. It's another rabbit hole you don't want to go down. My buddy got obsessed with these stupid things and spent a ton of ETH on them. LOL

Now if you want to move it to another coin that isn't on Binance or if you just want to transfer "money" to another exchange to diversify a bit you can just transfer directly from Binance to anywhere else. Lately I've been moving more stuff from Binance to KuCoin because for whatever reason I'm liking KuCoin more and the volume has been increasing a LOT last few weeks.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
So while watching YouTube I noticed that a lot of these people doing technical analysis were using coinigy. It has a free 30day trial. Has anyone used it or signed up for it?  I’ve been playing with it and really like it although it’s mostly above me right now but I think it’s an awesome tool.

I haven't really. Everyone I personally know in the space uses it and loves it. I haven't spent much time trying to learn how to chart tho. I know the terms and have guys I trust give me info so haven't spent time to do much of it myself. Maybe that's what I'll do next few days is watch some videos and give the 30 day trial a try. Buddy must be getting annoyed with my daily text asking about some chart ;)

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Won $25 on a scratchie today, I'm cashing out now... Good Luck Guys

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
If you don't know about the kitties don't even google it.  It's another rabbit hole you don't want to go down.  My buddy got obsessed with these stupid things and spent a ton of ETH on them.  LOL

If I've learned anything from this thread (or this forum), its that many of us love rabbit holes. Now that you've tempted me, I'll be spending my day off tomorrow looking into these cryptokitties.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

There are a bunch of ways I've seen online to do it but that's exactly what I do to get Fiat...

Sell coin as ETH pair (or LTC if I can)*
Transfer ETH from sale to Coinbase
Cash out (bank account transfer)
  Seems to take around a week every time but I've never had any issues doing it this way.

*LTC has lower transfer fees lately and is much faster since ETH is been backed up with cryptokitties.  If you don't know about the kitties don't even google it.  It's another rabbit hole you don't want to go down.  My buddy got obsessed with these stupid things and spent a ton of ETH on them.  LOL

Now if you want to move it to another coin that isn't on Binance or if you just want to transfer "money" to another exchange to diversify a bit you can just transfer directly from Binance to anywhere else.  Lately I've been moving more stuff from Binance to KuCoin because for whatever reason I'm liking KuCoin more and the volume has been increasing a LOT last few weeks.

Have you tried GDax as an intermediary to minimize fees? It sounds like you can do free transfers out from there but I'm not sure if that's just coin.

On another note, I've learned how to do a paper wallet (although need to confirm how safe everything is before trying it) but the one thing that I don't understand is the private key. One video talked about generating the keys while your computer is not connected to the internet -- which makes sense. But it also seems that there has to be a computer somewhere that knows that the public and secret key are connected so it would seem that you need to be on the internet when making keys. Also, how do I get my coins from a wallet to the web? It seems that I need a program to transact with my paper wallet.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Is it time to jump on the Etherium bandwagon?  This is the lowest I've seen it since I started poking around for the last few weeks?  A couple of weeks ago it was pushing $1400 and today it's be jumping around $1260.   It's getting tempting.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:54 pm

I thought it was expensive at $800 back in November Laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:30 pm

I've been getting crushed the last few days.  Keep on hoping for a rebound.

pray2

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I've been getting crushed the last few days.  Keep on hoping for a rebound.

pray2

Same here...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Is it time to jump on the Etherium bandwagon?  This is the lowest I've seen it since I started poking around for the last few weeks?  A couple of weeks ago it was pushing $1400 and today it's be jumping around $1260.   It's getting tempting.

It's closer to 1,100 right now. And I might be coming in for just a bit more.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 am

It's definitely been a red couple days. Twitter world is going bananas. I don't get it tho because everyone on there knew this market is one of the most volatile markets ever and can't get 3x-10x gains without the occasional 50% losses (but these sure aren't fun). I guess this is the first big correction in a while so it's tough and a lot of people that were dipping their toes in are dumping and getting out. Sadly these will be same guys that buy back in if it rises again to ATH...FOMO is a MFer.

I personally misread some of the signs on coins I follow because I was expecting a smaller dip and then more horizontal/ slight rise this week so I bought too early in this dip. Today trying to figure out which coins I want to increase exposure to and buy more. I think about a week ago the whales were creating false walls to help drive some coin prices down but it started a chain reaction and now all coins fell. This was reason I didn't have stop losses on many coins like I usually do because didn't want to catch the wick and get the order tripped. Another lesson learned the expensive way... Trick now is to get lucky and buy near bottom and hope to pick the right ones that come out of this fast...or the whole damn bubble bursts and I'm back to the stock market. LOL..JK

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Ugh...just got a text from a friend that reminded me why I don't tell people what I'm buying or give money advice. Not sure if he's joking or not but he seems pissed (I find people don't usually joke about money loss). He bought in around New Years and bought some I owned from long ago and now he's down and sounds like panic sold some. I don't remember ever telling him it was a good time to buy those or anything like that. I specifically told him this is the Wild West and no one is really sure what's going to happen and only play with money you can lose without worry. My mistake for answering his questions I guess. Think I'll just ignore this text instead of making things worse. Sigh

Because I'm a little off in the head tho a part of me wants to buy the coins he sold at this price and then send him a text in a few months showing profit.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am

Ugh...just got a text from a friend that reminded me why I don't tell people what I'm buying or give money advice.  Not sure if he's joking or not but he seems pissed (I find people don't usually joke about money loss).  He bought in around New Years and bought some I owned from long ago and now he's down and sounds like panic sold some.  I don't remember ever telling him it was a good time to buy those or anything like that.  I specifically told him this is the Wild West and no one is really sure what's going to happen and only play with money you can lose without worry.  My mistake for answering his questions I guess.  Think I'll just ignore this text instead of making things worse.  Sigh

Because I'm a little off in the head tho a part of me wants to buy the coins he sold at this price and then send him a text in a few months showing profit.

You've made yourself very clear about that around here so I imagine you do the same elsewhere. Rule fucking #1 is don't invest in something you don't understand so he has nobody to blame but himself if he is in fact giving you attitude. Hopefully it was just him venting and not being THAT GUY.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 am

Could be a bearish month. January tends to be rough each year with a strong bounce back by Feb / March where we're seeing new all-time highs. Of course that doesn't *have* to happen but I'm just holding. Saw my portfolio value go from a high of $43,000 down to now $25,000. It'll come back. Not worried. Best thing you can do is just stop looking for awhile if it stresses you out.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 am

Agree with Andy. Both you and Justin were clear that the entire investment could be lost and that we should not put in more than we can afford to lose. And both made clear that you need to come into this with a long-term view. And both made clear that we should do our own research. So anyone complaining about losing money only has themselves to blame.

If this thing collapses tomorrow and loses all value, it'll suck but it's been a fun ride and would have basically been a night at a casino or a few fantasy leagues where you lose Luck, David Johnson, OBJ, and others and don't end up winning as much as you hoped.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:43 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Agree with Andy.  Both you and Justin were clear that the entire investment could be lost and that we should not put in more than we can afford to lose.  And both made clear that you need to come into this with a long-term view.  And both made clear that we should do our own research.  So anyone complaining about losing money only has themselves to blame.  

If this thing collapses tomorrow and loses all value, it'll suck but it's been a fun ride and would have basically been a night at a casino or a few fantasy leagues where you lose Luck, David Johnson, OBJ, and others and don't end up winning as much as you hoped.

Laughing

Ain't that the fucking truth?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:39 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   

Back to top Go down

Crypto Currency
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next